Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Fate Of All Things (Recruitment Status = 9/8) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:46 pm
Snuffins
Stat1: 11
Stat2: 14
Stat3: 13
Stat4: 14
Stat5: 16
Stat6: 14
Stat7: 6

Lower than a 22 buy, 7 becomes 16

Rain Yupa

Would you object to me using the "Prophecy" back ground as one of my thingies? I wouldn't make it extreme like, "She's destined to save the day", but something more like, "The stars of her birth and certain signs coincided with her being destined for greatness. Whether it was to save the world or fall heroicly in battle is not certain." I was gonna work in that my RPC, being born under fabled signs, was kept under close watch and rule by the local temple of my chosen god. With the Worldwake, just using this term, in progress, the temple felt this was what her prophecy was and sent her to aid in the fight......would that be okay with you?

Also, Gwen

An obscure prophecy with multiple interpretations is my favorite kind! biggrin

Okay, you never listed any of your racial features, for starters.

There is a different version of Magic Missile out - it auto-hits, but does less damage (a set amount, 2+Int damage+enh bonus for implement). You can use either version, as per my shpeel about racial trait variations above. Just letting you know your options.

Where are the feats "Starfire Womb" and "Reaper's Touch"? I can't seem to find either one.

"Sprite War Cry" is actually "Sprite War Call". Semantics, I know, but felt I should point that out.

You need your 1 action point.

Istus is not a god in this setting, as it uses the standard PHB pantheon.

Staffs are not implements for warlocks. You can HAVE a staff, but you can't use it to cast spells with, only to beat people over the head with.

Warlocks can use Cloth or Leather without training. The difference between the two is that Leather gives you +2 AC, Cloth gives you none. Just saying, is all.

You have an Armor Bonus of 1 listed on your sheet, but I don't see where you got that from. Cloth has an armor bonus of 0.

You also shorted yourself a lot of equipment: You have a level 1 magic implement that you can't use, a level 1 magic armor that's not as good as you could have, and your third magic item was never claimed. And you shorted yourself most of your gold. If you aren't sure, 5th level characters start with a level 6 item, a level 5 item, a level 4 item, and 840 gp.

When you clean up the character, then I can add it to the list. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:52 pm
Plainsfox
The sheet should be all correct now. Hopefully *glares at it*

*thumbs up for clean bill of health*  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:58 pm
SporkMaster5000
init bumped up, hp and surges bumped down, attack bonus and damage bumped down.

53/51 hp? If you get randomly plane shifted to the Positive Energy Plane, things will not end well for you.

Otherwise, *thumbs up for clean bill of health*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm
updated

thanks those were all things I totally meant to do before I passed out  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 pm
Rain Yupa
Snuffins
Stat1: 11
Stat2: 14
Stat3: 13
Stat4: 14
Stat5: 16
Stat6: 14
Stat7: 6

Lower than a 22 buy, 7 becomes 16

Rain Yupa

Would you object to me using the "Prophecy" back ground as one of my thingies? I wouldn't make it extreme like, "She's destined to save the day", but something more like, "The stars of her birth and certain signs coincided with her being destined for greatness. Whether it was to save the world or fall heroicly in battle is not certain." I was gonna work in that my RPC, being born under fabled signs, was kept under close watch and rule by the local temple of my chosen god. With the Worldwake, just using this term, in progress, the temple felt this was what her prophecy was and sent her to aid in the fight......would that be okay with you?

Also, Gwen

There is a different version of Magic Missile out - it auto-hits, but does less damage (a set amount, 2+Int damage+enh bonus for implement). You can use either version, as per my shpeel about racial trait variations above. Just letting you know your options.

Where are the feats "Starfire Womb" and "Reaper's Touch"? I can't seem to find either one.

"Sprite War Cry" is actually "Sprite War Call". Semantics, I know, but felt I should point that out.

Staffs are not implements for warlocks. You can HAVE a staff, but you can't use it to cast spells with, only to beat people over the head with.

Warlocks can use Cloth or Leather without training. The difference between the two is that Leather gives you +2 AC, Cloth gives you none. Just saying, is all.

You have an Armor Bonus of 1 listed on your sheet, but I don't see where you got that from. Cloth has an armor bonus of 0.

You also shorted yourself a lot of equipment: You have a level 1 magic implement that you can't use, a level 1 magic armor that's not as good as you could have, and your third magic item was never claimed. And you shorted yourself most of your gold. If you aren't sure, 5th level characters start with a level 6 item, a level 5 item, a level 4 item, and 840 gp.

Thank you for clearing that up. I completely forgot about my starting items. I'll certianly have a lot more gold and better items.

Reaper's Touch, which allows me to use Eldritch Blast as a melee attack in addition to ranged, is from Dragon Magazine 372, and Starfire Womb, which allows me to roll a saving throw after I land a hit with an attack that has the keyword "Radiant", is from Dragon Magazine 366

and changes made here  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:36 pm
Snuffins
Reaper's Touch, which allows me to use Eldritch Blast as a melee attack in addition to ranged, is from Dragon Magazine 372, and Starfire Womb, which allows me to roll a saving throw after I land a hit with an attack that has the keyword "Radiant", is from Dragon Magazine 366

and changes made here

Dragon Magazines are part of the online sources, and I don't actually permit them in my games. *winces* You'll have to limit your powers to PHB, Arcane Power, and FRPG, I'm afraid. I don't permit things I don't have hard copies of.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:40 pm
Arc Vembris
updated

thanks those were all things I totally meant to do before I passed out

*thumbs up for clean bill of health*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:51 pm
Rain Yupa
Snuffins

and changes made here

Dragon Magazines are part of the online sources, and I don't actually permit them in my games. *winces* You'll have to limit your powers to PHB, Arcane Power, and FRPG, I'm afraid. I don't permit things I don't have hard copies of.

damn, that reaper's touch would have come in handy....I'll switch

oh, and if you want, I have scanned copies of the DMs up to like, 2010, if i could find a way to share, want them?

changes made BTW  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:09 pm
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins

and changes made here

oh, and if you want, I have scanned copies of the DMs up to like, 2010, if i could find a way to share, want them?

changes made BTW

No thank you. I struggle to keep my harddrive from filling up as is, and pdfs will just take up the last gig I have left.

You do know that warlocks have pact blades that let them do the very thing Reaper's Touch does, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:16 pm
Rain Yupa
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins

and changes made here

changes made BTW

No thank you. I struggle to keep my harddrive from filling up as is, and pdfs will just take up the last gig I have left.

You do know that warlocks have pact blades that let them do the very thing Reaper's Touch does, right?

no, i did not know that...how does one get these blades?  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins

and changes made here

changes made BTW

that's a great question, because i'm pretty sure pact blades don't do that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:16 pm
SporkMaster5000
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins

and changes made here

changes made BTW

Durr, he's right. I'm thinking of dagger sorcerers with the Sorcerous Blade Channeling feat.

Sorry! Pact blades are a cool warlock implement in the PHB; a dagger that you can use instead of a rod or wand, and it actually makes you decent in melee if you wanted to be.

I had posted that in a hurry without thinking (I'm a terrible multitasker), 'cause my brain processed it quickly as "If she wanted to be a melee warlock, she should just take a pact blade!", which is entirely not what you were trying to do.

But yeah, still, no Dragon feats. Sorry for the false impression!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:53 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000
Snuffins
Rain Yupa
Snuffins

changes made BTW

Durr, he's right. I'm thinking of dagger sorcerers with the Sorcerous Blade Channeling feat.

Sorry! Pact blades are a cool warlock implement in the PHB; a dagger that you can use instead of a rod or wand, and it actually makes you decent in melee if you wanted to be.

I had posted that in a hurry without thinking (I'm a terrible multitasker), 'cause my brain processed it quickly as "If she wanted to be a melee warlock, she should just take a pact blade!", which is entirely not what you were trying to do.

But yeah, still, no Dragon feats. Sorry for the false impression!

it's okay. I found some pretty useful feats...kind of
I'm ready for another audit thingy  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:47 am
Rain Yupa
Snuffins
Also, Gwen

You still have Magic Missile a little wrong. You have "Int vs Reflex" still up there; it auto hits now, you don't have to worry about an attack roll! But, if you want the older version that has more of a damage range (4-10 force damage with an attack roll compared to 4 automatic force damage), disregard what I had mentioned in my last post.

Your skill bonuses from Jack of All Trades are off. Diplomacy should be 4 not 2 (half-elf), religion should be 0 (trained), Bluff should be 0 (trained), Arcana should be 0 (trained). The bonus from Arcanist's Glasses isn't "+3 to Arcana checks", it's "+3 to Arcana checks to detect magic", which is a very specific use of Arcana.

You didn't factor in Implement Expertise into your Attack Workspace, which gives you a +1 FEAT to hit. You also have only a +1 rod, not a +2 rod, so your ENH bonus should only be +1. A net change of 0.

Also, this is just a side comment, nothing worth auditing: wizards and warlocks share wands as an implement, if you wanted to give a benefit to Magic Missile. You might not care enough about a single encounter power to change that, but I thought I'd bring it up. You can use either implement. smile

I looked up Obsidian Steed, and wasn't entirely sure what I have just discovered. I was looking online for clarification, and I seem to concur with this post (as well as a post later telling about normal/daze/stun circumstances). Hopefully that doesn't ruin the item for you? If it does, you can change it.

You should have 60 gp left over, since I do not count mundane equipment against your starting allotment of gold.

Almost done! biggrin  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

KytanaTheThief rolled 16 6-sided dice: 3, 6, 5, 1, 4, 3, 3, 6, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 3, 1, 6 Total: 57 (16-96)

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:11 am
Argh, going against my better judgment, I'm gonna join up (mainly because i already had a lvl 5 char made).

Just need to do stat (re)rolls.

1. 14
2. 13
3. 9
4. 15

edit: not bad....let's see what the others are  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers