Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
~{D&D 3.5}~ Legacy of Heroes [8/8 Slots Taken] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:50 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Interesting. Okay, now I got to ask. How's he a monk? He just doesn't seem... monkish. I don't mean to try to undermine your character, I'm just curious as to all hells as to if I'm going to cry cause I'm a kobold and right now, he seems like he'd break my arms just for shits and giggles.

That could be a possibility, but he's a monk through and through, but just because he doesn't seem all that monkish. You could have a wizard that's all muscle and he'd still be a wizard. (as in an anime called Rune Soldier. Main guy is a buff mage who is a freaking idiot.)

I can understand ye on yer skepticism, but i like to try new things and playing a monk who is more interested in benefiting himself than following a traditional line of following the teachings of his guardian deity.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:00 pm
The_Black_Armed_Death_God
Yurro
Color me interested. I've been away from Gaia [and thus this guild] for some time now and need to reintegrate myself back in.

I will understand if you don't allow it [since it is still in the WIP/Testing phase mostly] but I would be grateful if I could test run my own Homebrewed class in this game. Its called the Wyrmfire Disciple -[link to class posted on Giantitp.com forums] which is basically an attempt to combine the Dragon Shaman [PHB2] and Dragonfire Adept [Dragon Magic] classes into a albeit nearly gestalt class. Granted that I'm testing it, I would prefer not to include the Imbue Draconic weapons/Scales feature to test wheither I need either added. If not allowed, I'll more then willingly find something else to play.
I'm REALLY sorry sad
But I'm going to have to say no to the homebrewed class.

Oh thats alright. I totally understand for you not allowing it.
Hmmm....
I'm trying not delve back into old habits and make a Dragon Shaman or a Dragonfire Adept...

How about since we don't seem to have a thief role, I take the Rogue-ish position using one of the following races; Kobold [with Racial substitution levels found in Races of the Dragon], Changeling [again with Racial substitution levels found in Races of Eberron], Whisper Gnome [Races of Stone], or a Strongheart halfling [Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting]?
*Kobold Rogue specializes in disabling traps and finding them better then a normal rogue
*Changeling Rogue is more of a party face style
*Whisper Gnome has some nice
*Strongheart Halfling is very similar to normal Halflings outside of the fact they trade in +1 to saves for a bonus feat  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm
Works for me.

Yurro, go with the kobold.

Also, rolling 3 HD, cause of a change in class...  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 3 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 4 Total: 7 (3-18)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:03 pm
derp  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Yurro rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Works for me.

Yurro, go with the kobold.

Also, rolling 3 HD, cause of a change in class...

lol, is it because your kobold is feeling all alone? biggrin

Alright, I'm sure it will be allowed, and so I'll do it just for you [and I was leaning towards it anyways]

HP Rolls:
Max for 1st level: d4 [Each substitution level gives d4]
Hp for 3rd level:  
Yurro rolled 3 6-sided dice: 2, 6, 5 Total: 13 (3-18)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:11 pm
Rest of levels [2nd, 4th, and 5th]: 3d6

4+3+2+6+5= 20 without Con bonus. xd Oh so squishy...

Question for the DM: Will you allow this Web Enhancement that gives kobolds some extra racial traits.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
MT the Clown rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:31 pm
HP

Wizard HP  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:33 pm
InsaneKatKing475
Raganui Minamoto
Interesting. Okay, now I got to ask. How's he a monk? He just doesn't seem... monkish. I don't mean to try to undermine your character, I'm just curious as to all hells as to if I'm going to cry cause I'm a kobold and right now, he seems like he'd break my arms just for shits and giggles.

That could be a possibility, but he's a monk through and through, but just because he doesn't seem all that monkish. You could have a wizard that's all muscle and he'd still be a wizard.
(as in an anime called Rune Soldier. Main guy is a buff mage who is a freaking idiot.)

I can understand ye on yer skepticism, but i like to try new things and playing a monk who is more interested in benefiting himself than following a traditional line of following the teachings of his guardian deity.
Love the anime! It was funny, he was an wizard but had all the stereotypes of a fighter ^^  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

InsaneKatKing

Desirable Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:40 pm
MT the Clown
Love the anime! It was funny, he was an wizard but had all the stereotypes of a fighter ^^

exactly why i cited that as a reference for such things. Always fun to find a freaking paradox like that. Watched all 24 episodes i've had on dvd. It's a good anime, and has some good fun comedy while still with some action.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:42 pm
Dimitri Fate

Brendon the familiar

Of course, that applies to Dimitri. For those who know/remember him. He's a necromancer with a lawful good alignment with a love for debuffs. Oh, he also has a sentient skeleton familiar ^^ But he's cool too.  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
MT the Clown rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:46 pm
Cleric HP  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:02 pm
InsaneKatKing475
MT the Clown

exactly why i cited that as a reference for such things. Always fun to find a freaking paradox like that. Watched all 24 episodes i've had on dvd. It's a good anime, and has some good fun comedy while still with some action.
LOUIE PUNCH!

Also, just wanted to hear what you had to say on it.

Hey Yurro, if you want, we can work out a combined back story.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:14 pm
Right, well, crunch wise, he's done. Still working on Back Story (especially if Yurro wants to have a joint one).

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324141  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 pm
MT the Clown
Dimitri Fate

Brendon the familiar

Of course, that applies to Dimitri. For those who know/remember him. He's a necromancer with a lawful good alignment with a love for debuffs. Oh, he also has a sentient skeleton familiar ^^ But he's cool too.

Oh no! Not the skeleton *****! xd j/k Would you believe someone once tried to convince me [I was the Dm] that his familiar could take levels in a spellcasting class, and so get a familiar, and his familiar could take a spellcasting class, and his....
It was an attempt at a lvl 20 game, so you can see where this was going...

Raganui Minamoto

Hey Yurro, if you want, we can work out a combined back story.

LOL, haven't even finished my sheet yet blaugh I don't see why not since I did that once with my Paladin and my best friend's Fighter.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:42 pm
Yurro
MT the Clown
Dimitri Fate

Brendon the familiar

Oh no! Not the skeleton *****! xd j/k Would you believe someone once tried to convince me [I was the Dm] that his familiar could take levels in a spellcasting class, and so get a familiar, and his familiar could take a spellcasting class, and his....
It was an attempt at a lvl 20 game, so you can see where this was going...
Well if that's isn't a nice way to greet an old friend and player..... *can't do anything because Dimitir's too nice.... but watches a bit as Brendon dangles you off the roof by you toe (singular)*  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff