Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dark Sun 3.5 - Surviving (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:15 pm
And cannibals are bad. Very, very bad. Meaning halflings should be exterminated.
I feel the need to declare Exterminatus on this ******** world...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:45 pm
I can't think of things to give my character.

He needs objects, but what should I give him?  

Jacior

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:54 pm
Food? Water? Backpack? I gave my guy a random square yard of canvas.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:13 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Never played Dark Sun. How's it work?

Wrasynth Ksyamen
Also to the other players who haven't rolled dark sun before?

This is going to be a trip. I don't want to psyche you out, but I need to hammer this home. Everything and every one is going to try and eat you. This is a post apocalyptic game. Your life is measured in ounces of water. Survival as a skill is great and very well may save you, but it wont find you water. I feel confident in mentioning that at some point you will see someone die of dehydration. If you get sick and get the runs? You can't retain water, you have to slit your throat at that point.

Otherwise things are pretty amazing and bizarre in dark sun. I have to say my favorite session of dark sun I was underwater in a salt tap well. We found a suit of full plate artifact that held prince's soul. My soul is instantly eaten by the artifact and I found myself suddenly playing a female Mul Paladin in the body with a male personality of an ancient prince. So things were accordingly awkward. This is when 'the collector' made our parties day infinitely shitty.

Dark Sun is my favorite setting I never get to play. It is D&D hard mode. Also if you have played dark sun before ignore this post.

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

Jacior

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm
He's got a backpack. And he needs no food or water... He has:
Backpack
Beltpouch
bedroll
flint and steel
tent
chalk
MWK Artisan tools

I can't think of anything else  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Jacior: Food, water... they may be good places to start.

Wrasynth: You know that you really don't have to replace the obsidian shards of that sword after every combat. I think they're well made enough that the shards aren't prone to exiting the wood part.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:57 pm
Actually yes you do. @_@ Unless you make the obsidian shards into very specific shapes. But then again that makes it even harder to replace when it does break. The generic macahuitl actually just takes obsidian, chips them into the shape of a shark tooth essentially. The very nature of precariously wedging these things into place is awkward. Although the weapon is originally an Aztec weapon. It's name means "Hungry wood,"; because it turns what ever it hits into shredded beef. I'm also pretty sure it's a terrible weapon against armor. Like it might tear up the armor, but it's also going to leave significantly more behind because of the increased resistance.

This is all however realistically. In D&D mechanics it does what ever you damn well please it to.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:54 pm
My charater has the Sustenence power. I don't need em.  

Jacior

candy express

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:46 am
OK, so who knows who so far? And I should swap out one of my powers for Sustenance... it would save weight that otherwise gets spent on water and food... and allows money to be spent on it in the cities!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:38 am
I'm pretty much willing to know anybody (other than a defiler) who can give a reasonable-ish reason for us to have met.

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 am
Like I'm saying, it looks like all of us could of met on a caravan or around a caravan to Tyr. The caravan would of originated from the dwarvish holds to get more metal goods to Tyr as Tyr is the primary consumer metallic goods. As they have some of the few smiths besides dwarfs capable of working steel. Muls also qualify for this because of their Dwarvish heritage, so Shaqim is looking to make a new life in Tyr while he tries to figure out the next step on to make on slaughtering a crap load of slavers. I might change Shaqim's name to fit a more dwarvish sounding name though.

On another note, I guessed their weight roughly and correctly, but I can't find average heights and or ages for the life of me.

I still need to do basic gear but after that I think I'm pretty much prepared to roll. As those 10 day rations are actually going to last me 30 days if I get separated. (I have a habit of getting separated from the party in a lot of games. I don't know what's up with that.) The Mul is essentially some kind of fuel efficient utility truck.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:06 am
Wrasynth Ksyamen
On another note, I guessed their weight roughly and correctly, but I can't find average heights and or ages for the life of me.

pg 24

Strawberry Bathory

Precious Bloodsucker

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:57 pm
You could've known me because you helped me escape captivity one time. I guess.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:40 pm
I am a fairly high class (upper/middle) psionisist. It should mention that he gets bored easy, so he could have done any number of things to meet any one of you.  

Jacior

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:56 pm
Wrasynth: We're going with DnD Dark Sun logic. Aka, the logic that no, you don't need to replace the obsidian. Sure, it's wood and stone and able to break, but it's not going to need to be worked on after every fight. I think they would have found a way to deal with that in this world.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff