Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pathfinder: Unlikely Heroes [OOC] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:04 pm
Alzzak
Not really, smoke toxins are poisons not diseases.

I agree with this statement the effects of the poisons are what is known as the disease really. But I think paladins become immune to those anyway eventually. Still indulgence in such a form may be viewed as an abuse of power. Be careful.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:05 pm
Thhartokk
Cancer was classified as a magical disease last time I checked... and scientifically, cancer only forms as a reaction to the diseased lungs. Cut out the disease, the cancer never happens... unless it does. It's not either of our decisions, really. And I don't see it as worth changing.
FUN FACT
.8 grams of tobacco in a single cigarette
566 cigarettes at .8 grams in a pound of tobacco at 5 sp
113.2 cigarettes in 1 sp
11.3 cigarettes in 1 cp
A pack of cigarettes (average of 20) costs roughly 2 cp, which gives the company a smidge of profit on the whole deal (they gain 2 cigs)
IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING
a carton is ten packs, it would sell for 2 sp.

NOT THAT YOU CARED

Because smoking is cool.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:12 pm
Now, the funny thing is, at that price it would absolutely demolish the livelyhood of the average citizen if they smoked at a rate of more than a pack a month. SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT.

I'm still letting my character smoke. Wouldn't recommend it if you aren't a monk or paladin, though it is a nice way to distance yourself from the "goody-two-shoes" reputation of those classes. Though actually beating the snot out of anything that calls you out on being a goody two shoes would be a better way.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm
Mongooseh
Alzzak
Not really, smoke toxins are poisons not diseases.

I agree with this statement the effects of the poisons are what is known as the disease really. But I think paladins become immune to those anyway eventually. Still indulgence in such a form may be viewed as an abuse of power. Be careful.

Oddly enough, Pathfinder Paladin doesn't get immunity to poisons at any level. But he could, I suppose, use Lay on Hands with the Neutralize Poison Mercy ability to heal himself regularly.
What I'm saying is I would trade the immunity to fear effects for immunity to poisons.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:17 pm
I only noticed as I started filling in my dwarf racial traits how much being a druid as a dwarf works. Mostly from the wis boost but that you can actually choose some decent weapons by just being a dwarf.

I think this may be the first time you see a druid wielding a warhammer.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:02 pm
Mongooseh
I only noticed as I started filling in my dwarf racial traits how much being a druid as a dwarf works. Mostly from the wis boost but that you can actually choose some decent weapons by just being a dwarf.

I think this may be the first time you see a druid wielding a warhammer.

Dwarves make really good druids - once you get wildshape their speed penalty doesn't matter at all. If you can get the Opposable enhancement on your primary weapon, you can use it no matter what your form. Wilding clasps are your friend.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:48 pm
Thhartokk

Also, I've decided what he's gonna be like. I don't want a shining knight, I want one who's armor's soured on him a bit. Cynical and perhaps a bit mistrustful, who was absolutely fine following his deity until it chose him to actually go and carry out his work. Maybe his career was derailed by being chosen as a Paladin. On a deeper level, now that he's chosen he feels obligated to continue since he has no more than superficial complaints.

As for actual ideology, I want a guy who values the freedom of choice and life- the general alignment in conventional terms would be CG with neutral leanings in both directions. For Paladin restrictions, I'm thinking he would fall if he either knowingly aided someone perform an act that results in the death of innocents, failed to protect a truly helpless or innocent person if it was physically within his means, or if he kills someone innocent of harming others.

Crunch-wise, I wanted the guy to have the traits of the dude to reflect this, so I'm requesting Jaded and Reactionary as potential traits, with your approval. I have no particular preference on armor, but would prefer a Scythe as a weapon. Instead of detect evil, maybe True Seeing? A lot of the stuff is useless in a world without alignment...

I said a lot of this earlier, but Paladin needs a smidge of restructuring. I'd like to look into trading the Immunity to Fear Effects for immunity to poisons, maybe at a higher level, but ultimately the choice is yours. Character is here/.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm
Look... and so much posting... I'm going to read over and post responses soon.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:23 pm
Alright. So much to post.

I'll start this on a person by person basis. So starting off...

Thhartokk: An interesting character. You'd be a Paladin of Sarrock, God of Luck and Adventure, I believe (if you don't think this would work, we can try to find another, but this guy looks closest). Why those two are part of the same profile has to do with the fact that adventuring is all luck. He's also associated with freedom, because both both are not bound by any rules, such as fate. His opposite is Midian, Mistress of Fate.

Of course, Sarrock cannot grant any divinition spells that are meant to predict the future or how things turn out, it's against his code of 'let's roll the dice and see what happens.'

As for what you got called in to do before this, no clue. However, once in your past, you did have to help fight an oppressive tyrant.

As for abilities: Smite is replaced by Lucky Blow. You get to double your weapon's threat range when you use it. Of course, I'm willing to talk, if people think this isn't good enough.

Fear Immunity, we can change that to poison immunity. The reasoning is that, he's a god of luck, his paladins go into the smokiest, seediest places to gamble all the time and he protects them, only cause he might need them in the future.

Detect Evil will be changed... but not to true seeing. I'm still working on this one. It's tough, no? Uh, anyone have suggestions?

Also, unfortunately, no two traits from the same thing. It's part of the rules.

Equipment:
1 suit of regular armor, your choice.
1 Masterwork Scythe.
1 Adventurer's Kit (backpack with rations, torches, and 50ft silk rope).
1 Secondary weapon of your choice, common quality (bow, crossbow, sling comes with 20 ammo).
You also have 3 CLW (Cl 1) potions
And, if it is to your wanting, a light warhorse.

And yes, you can have your tobacco. Just note, that although immune to it's poison and what not, you're still able to be addicted to drugs.

-------------------

Disciple of Sakura: I don't have the APG. So, you'll have to explain what class you want.

-------------------

Laelless...

... so much to do here.

You missed what I said about skills, didn't you? Here's a recap of Pathfinder skills. Also, Open Lock was part of Disable Device last I checked.

Raganui Minamoto
Every skill only costs 1 point per rank. Class skills do gain a +3 as long as there's a rank. Max rank in skills are level.

Meaning at level 1, each skill has a max rank of 1. Now, at first level, yea, it's lower than regular, but after that it evens out then is more than regular.

Oh, and at first level, you don't get like, 4+int x4.

I also said I'd give out equipment. I'll handle that as soon as your skills are fixed, okay?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:33 pm
Anatarei: Alright Mr. Gobbo.

You're easy enough to deal with.

1 Masterwork Lance.
1 Secondary weapon of your choice, common quality.
1 Draconic Kobold Hide Breastplate (counts as a regular one) with a kobold hide cloak and hood.
1 Adventurer's Kit (same as Thhartokk's)
1 Military Saddle
1 Bag of 'Sacred Mushrooms'. Holds 20. Your bag isn't full (choose between 5-15), due to eating some on the way.
1 Moss hairpiece.
2 potions CLW (Cl 1)

Unfortunately, I doubt the wolf would want to wear barding.

However, I liked your character so much, that he is officially the first accepted one.

------------------

I'll give equipment for others, once I get their characters.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 pm
http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=9605

Still working on background, but those are the stats.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:31 am
Holy... I didn't know that anyone had an actual pathfinder sheet online.

anyways... Plainsfox

1 Ironwood Scrollcase with silver inlay. It acts as a club if used in combat. Why? To hold stories and cause I figure every bard needs a hidden weapon.
1 Masterwork Item of your choice (Armor, Weapon, or other)
1 Normal Quality Armor or Weapon
1 Dagger.
1 Personal Journal
1 Blank Book
2 Pens, 1 black, 1 red (yes, the pen as we know it exists here, made by a gnome bard)
1 Adventurer's Kit.
2 potions of cure light wounds (cl 1)
1 Feathered Hat  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:32 am
Urs "Stoney" Ulrik

There you go.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:48 am
I love the Lucky Strike thing. Great deal. And I'm absolutely content with the god, as well, so not much to change there.

As for the Detect power, that's a tough one. How about something more along the lines of a "Poker Face," where if I'm using it I get a bonus to bluff and using sense motive on a person? The perfect thing for a gambler.

Also, in place of the general detect spells, maybe sub in a kind of "detect intent?" Sort of a superficial mind-reading.  

serketcity

Friendly Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:04 am
Thhartokk
I love the Lucky Strike thing. Great deal. And I'm absolutely content with the god, as well, so not much to change there.

As for the Detect power, that's a tough one. How about something more along the lines of a "Poker Face," where if I'm using it I get a bonus to bluff and using sense motive on a person? The perfect thing for a gambler.

Also, in place of the general detect spells, maybe sub in a kind of "detect intent?" Sort of a superficial mind-reading.

So an automatic pass of sense motive on everyone in a 30 feet radius?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff