Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 2 20-sided dice: 17, 12 Total: 29 (2-40)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:55 pm
User Image"Oooh! Hey! I think that that might be the flying contraption over there, Cley-honey. That doesn't look like any ship I've ever been in... and what're those things they're loading up into it? Big crates covered in some funky runes, huh? Wonder what they say... Let's hustle over there, see if we can't find our boss, huh? I'm sure he'll be kinda obvious. We're probably the last ones here..." Tehila grabs Cley's hand and moves towards the ship, trying her best to make out what's written on the crates.

{Gonna try for Linguistics (+11 = 28 ) and Knowledge: the planes (+13 = 25) to see if I can decipher the boxes.}  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:21 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
User Image"Oooh! Hey! I think that that might be the flying contraption over there, Cley-honey. That doesn't look like any ship I've ever been in... and what're those things they're loading up into it? Big crates covered in some funky runes, huh? Wonder what they say... Let's hustle over there, see if we can't find our boss, huh? I'm sure he'll be kinda obvious. We're probably the last ones here..." Tehila grabs Cley's hand and moves towards the ship, trying her best to make out what's written on the crates.

{Gonna try for Linguistics (+11 = 28 ) and Knowledge: the planes (+13 = 25) to see if I can decipher the boxes.}

User Image"Wait, what? Where the? Tehila, slow down... and stop calling me honey. It's a little embarrassing... Oh! I see where you're headed. Those are weird boxes. Gah! Seriously, it's a lot harder to keep up with you when I'm wearing platemail and you're in that skimpy thing. Honestly, how does that even protect your vital areas?"

{Gonna try and do a Know: Religion check on the crates, myself. +9 bonus... equals a 26.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Laelless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:37 am
James tried to hide a grin, but couldn't help but make a sound as the count made the same gender mistake he did. It passed quickly though, as he stood in front of his employer.
"Good day, Count. I am James Taelka Biorr, and I am a sorcerer. I am here as your guard, and I assure you, I will preform my task very well."
He bowed low, then looked up and flashed his grin towards the man.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am
Anatarei Crimsonthrone

((You can tell that it is a mix of infernal, abyssal, celestial, and an ancient, unrecognizable language that cover both boxes.

Box one shows symbols that speak of "Sealing evil earth and chaotic skies, men not remember new era." but with the missing symbols that is only a good guess. The blue text is a VERY VERY out on a limb guess.

Box two seems to reflect much of the opposite and says, "May god and beast protect her/him/them/man ~numerous illegible text~ until she can awaken once more." Again, the blue text denotes characters that are different than those that you are familiar with, but bear a similarity in appearance.))  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:26 am
Disciple of Sakura
Anatarei Crimsonthrone

User Image"Wait, what? Where the? Tehila, slow down... and stop calling me honey. It's a little embarrassing... Oh! I see where you're headed. Those are weird boxes. Gah! Seriously, it's a lot harder to keep up with you when I'm wearing platemail and you're in that skimpy thing. Honestly, how does that even protect your vital areas?"

{Gonna try and do a Know: Religion check on the crates, myself. +9 bonus... equals a 26.}

((You read something about a deity name Suracm (Sir-rack-um) in a line, but the diety does not sound familiar, nor does the text seem recent.

Suracm God of the flying beast.

You also see two other names mentioned that actually sound familiar, but you cannot recall where you heard them, nor any detail of who they are.

Selene and Malekith.))  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:12 pm
Ziya stepped up and attempted to shake hands with Count Drago. "Count, I'm Ziya, the wind priest you hired. Glad to finally meet you. I'm looking forward to seeing this flying machine in action, and I hope that I am able to do my part in bodyguarding you. Though, if I may ask, why is it you feel you need bodyguards anyway?"  

Emerald the Crow

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:47 am
Hur' Oc had observed the crates in context of mentioned old blood gods of the outer dark or some such mind bending horrors he presumed to be the truth; then he muttered under his breath "Not pies," simply to imply that if anything good were to come of this, it wouldn't be written in old language to make it hard for people to understand. This was written in a language for priests and the like to keep the common folk ignorant of what was going on. His survival instincts were telling him no, 'this is stupid, this was advertised as "An easy job" wasn't it? You're smarter than this. You're still alive because you're smarter than this, what in the name of all the furry woodland creatures that die and pass on to be unrealistically benevolent spirits are we doing!?' granted this all took place beneath a placid surface, attempting to keep his calm he looked to the eager faces about to take this job, he looked to the flying machine, most importantly he looked at the blind gnome with a staff who commanded a goon squad with a pet black dragon...

This was starting to look worse than a month old infection...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:53 pm
User ImageStopping short, Cley looked oddly at the crates as they disappeared aboard the ship. The names on them struck a chord, but they weren't exactly familiar and she couldn't place them. But they still seemed just... odd. She didn't really trust those crates one bit. She'd have to keep an eye out for whoever may claim those crates as theirs, and be ready for some shenanigans aboard the ship. She didn't know much about some things, but eldritch writing about "God of the Flying Beast" certainly didn't seem on the up and up.

Seeing the accumulated group milling around, each of them bristling with obvious weapons and skill, Cley decided to chance it that they were the rest of the party she was looking for. "Hello!" she hailed them, her arm raised and her senses heightened for any amongst them who may be Evil. "Are you the retinue of Count Drago? I'm Cley Pureholm, and this young lady and I are to report to him to begin a job."  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Dallas Moonrain rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:04 pm
Justice quickly counts the people who have arrived....one orc, two half-elves, two humans, and a demon woman...plus herself...equals seven people.

"Excuse me, Count, but I think that with the new arrivals there we're at the seven you mentioned we were waiting for. Maybe we should board and get final introductions done there? I know I'm looking forward to knowing what everyone can do, but they sound like they're ready to go."

{And though I don't imagine she'll do better than other already did, Justice will make a Knowl(rel) check at +7 to observe the crates...}  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:30 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Justice quickly counts the people who have arrived....one orc, two half-elves, two humans, and a demon woman...plus herself...equals seven people.

"Excuse me, Count, but I think that with the new arrivals there we're at the seven you mentioned we were waiting for. Maybe we should board and get final introductions done there? I know I'm looking forward to knowing what everyone can do, but they sound like they're ready to go."

{And though I don't imagine she'll do better than other already did, Justice will make a Knowl(rel) check at +7 to observe the crates...}

((You know that its ancient text.))  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Count Drago simply waved at the plethora of new voices. "If we are all here, can we make our way to the air ship." He placed his staff in front of him and began feeling the ground as he walked quickly to the docks. "As you can tell, despite the economic prosperity, this town is filled with ruffians. Within its depths though are treasures that are most important. We received word that a group intended to steal these treasures, and thus we chose to move them via the airship to a more secure location. I am here to make sure they reach their destination, but as you can see, my body is rather frail. I hired you to assist me in securing the boxes and their contents until we arrive at the mainland, once there I shall pay you and we shall part ways. As easy as that sounds, given the company we will be having aboard it will be more difficult than one would assume." Drago avoided colliding with a crate with a quick turn. "So here are the rules. Nobody touches the box. Don't light fires on the airship. And keep me safe too. Easy." He stopped at the bottom of a long brow. and turned to the group, if they had chosen to follow, and asked, "Any other questions?" But answered his own question with a, "Ask them when we are in the air. Your money is already on board within my cabin, when you are ready meet me there."

Drago walked up the brow, disappearing into the shadows of the ship.

----------

Meanwhile, at the docks entrance, the carriage doors opened as a parade of men came forth from them, forming into three different lines and marching onto the docks. They all wore black, leather, clothing and luminescent purple jewelry, and appeared very refined compared to the others in this part of the city.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:31 pm
Ziya didn't like the look of the folks getting out of the carriage - in his experience, black leather wasn't worn by good guys. He followed onto the ship, musing that, once again, Count Drago had told them to meet him somewhere, but not specified how to get there. He wasn't much of a planner, this boss of theirs... But he sure knew how to pick some attractive bodyguards...  

Emerald the Crow

Laelless

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:37 pm
Taelka blinked as the count walked away, but gave a small smile. Polite. He sighed, though, and decided to just be glad for the coin. He eyed the black garbed men, but he did it casually. He got ready to defend himself, though, and his newly formed comrades. "Let us carry onto the ship, Lad."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm
Lad had been eying the two newest arrivals, trying to figure out the best way to introduce himself, when the men from the carriages began to come towards them. He pauses at the end of the boarding ramp, allowing the others to pass him and unconsciously drawing his rapier from its sheath as he watches the approaching figures with a guarded, serious look.  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:50 pm
{I'm assuming that Count Drago didn't detect as Evil then? What about his goon squad?}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff