Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies (3.5; Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:34 pm
Alzzak
Disciple of Sakura
Alzzak
Knowing my luck no one is on to answer, but is there another class/prestige class that offers a flying mount? All I can find are Dragonrider and Skylord, and I was wondering if there was any more.

If you're medium, you could always aim for a Druid level -3 Dire Bat. Easiest way to pick one up is through Druid, Ranger, or Beast Master (Complete Adventurer). Natural Bond from CV is a great way to boost up the ranger or beast master's animal companion options.

I knew of that options, and I was going to use them in fact, I was just looking for more mount based prestige classes that I could use to add some flavor to my character and add to my mounts stats(like speed, armor, ability scores, etc), but if that is my only option.

A combo I've always wanted to try is Halfling Fighter 5/Beastmaster 1/Wild Plains Outrider 3/Halfling Outrider 10. With Natural bond, you'd have an Animal Companion equivalent to a druid of your level and it'd be very amusing. None of them give your animal extra abilities beyond standard companion stuff, but it's still some goodies.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:39 pm
Xboxplayerj
After much thought and stuff, mostly me being bored, I have an idea in mind just one question. Can we take two prestige classes at the same time? I know the rules say no, but you are limiting the possibilities we have with forcing us to only go with monk or Nine swords classes.

I'm afraid I'll be sticking to the "one PrC at a time" rule. Sorry.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:40 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Don't have Stormwrack

And neither do I, which is why it's not on the allowed book list.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:53 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Shay Straylight
Another question: How do you plan on dealing with the Crusader being granted random maneuvers? Will you tell the PC what maneuver they get every round? Also, would you accept the Cloistered Cleric class variant from Unearthed Arcana?

Yes, I am considering a Cleric//Crusader combo. In which case I would also like to ask how you'd handle a Ruby Knight Vindicator. If I take levels of it on the crusader side, can I simply ignore the spellcasting increases from RKV and just level cleric spellcasting normally on the cleric side? Or is it just a case of "RKV is a hybrid class so forget it" (In which case I'll just take levels of Sacred Exorcist Bone Knight or something on the cleric side).

Yeah, I'll deal you your Crusader maneuvers every round. And I'd allow your Cloistered Cleric, because I like the class a lot.

I'd also allow RKV to progress Crusader without casting progression. Because I like that class, too, and I don't think it'd be overpowered or anything at all...

Awesome. I'll get to work on the character right away. At least... as soon as I get home... sweatdrop  

Shay Straylight

Invisible Genius

7,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

jennibert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:20 pm
Disciple of Sakura
jennibert
Raganui Minamoto
Thinking on it...

Hey Sakura, in this setting, would a Dread Pirate need swim, since it's all airships?

I second this! I'd much rather have a skill that was useful in the campaign....

I'm going to say for the Dread Airship Pirate prestige class, replace Swim ranks with Use Magic Device ranks.

Cool! I went ahead and converted Kristenna's Swim ranks to UMD...may go back and rearrange some more, as a +6 to UMD isn't terribly useful....or I may not. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:31 pm
Concerning Yasakura's spells... When I looked at the Bonus Spell stuff, it didn't specify whether a spellcaster would get bonus known spells, or just bonus SPD. If that's the case, I'll rectify the spells pronto.  

Slave Xaccheus

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:34 pm
Well, here's my contribution. Reed McKennitt, wizard/swordsage.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:38 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Raganui Minamoto
Don't have Stormwrack

And neither do I, which is why it's not on the allowed book list.
that sucks, I was going to ask about a few things from that book to... oh well that is life.  

Xboxplayerj

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:45 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Concerning Yasakura's spells... When I looked at the Bonus Spell stuff, it didn't specify whether a spellcaster would get bonus known spells, or just bonus SPD. If that's the case, I'll rectify the spells pronto.

d20 Srd
In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.

(emphasis mine)

This is from the section in the SRD about sorcerer spell casting. It's the only place bonus spells are referenced in the sorcerer section. It's the same for wizards, so I had already had to look at it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:53 pm
Dallas Moonrain
Eternality_Cannon

d20 Srd
In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score.

(emphasis mine)

This is from the section in the SRD about sorcerer spell casting. It's the only place bonus spells are referenced in the sorcerer section. It's the same for wizards, so I had already had to look at it.

To further expound:
d20 SRD Sorcerer Entry
Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a sorcerer knows is not affected by his Charisma score; the numbers on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known are fixed.

The only way to gain additional spells known is through the Extra Spell feat from Complete Arcane. You add one spell known to your list, but it can't be of a level higher than your maximum spell level -1 (so, in the case of a sorcerer taking it at 6th level, you'd be able to add one 2nd level spell to your spells known).  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Mushkiller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:59 pm
So Sakura, is there any way I can convince you to allow a gestalt Ranger// Rogue?
And if no, can you let the lawful requirement for monks drop?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:28 pm
Mushkiller
So Sakura, is there any way I can convince you to allow a gestalt Ranger// Rogue?
And if no, can you let the lawful requirement for monks drop?

No and yes.

Allowing gestalt Rogue would probably have lead to a few too many rogues, honestly. I didn't want to see that too much.

However, if the Lawful requirement for the rogue is a sticking point, then you may ignore the lawful requirement. I don't have a specific problem with monks without that alignment restriction.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:19 pm
Buck Spanser

BOOYAH!!!

Van von Vonder V

Dame Marionne Lastow

Sheziera Redmane

Reed McKennitt

I would have loved to create a character but it looks like you already have your six. Also, I wouldn't be able to post my character until Monday, seeing as I am going to be gone until then.

Though, looking at the six it looks like it would be an interesting game/crew  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:05 am
glitterboypilot
Buck Spanser

BOOYAH!!!

Van von Vonder V

Dame Marionne Lastow

Sheziera Redmane

Reed McKennitt

I would have loved to create a character but it looks like you already have your six. Also, I wouldn't be able to post my character until Monday, seeing as I am going to be gone until then.

Though, looking at the six it looks like it would be an interesting game/crew

read first post, it's not first come first serve... too bad about the monday thing tho neutral  

InuVash255

Dapper Dabbler

8,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am
Fixed everything; we should be good.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items