Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[On Hold] Tomb of Horrors 4e (OPEN - 14 slots! 6-man!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 pm
InfChaos
Dion Necurat
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Dion Necurat
InfChaos
Yes, normally that'd be true but I think it's a houserule by Asher to increase the difficulty or something.

...Its Tomb of Horrors. I don't think it needs that much help in trying to kill us all.
i'm practicing sadism >8P

Oh come on. Tomb of Horrors is about as sadistical as it gets. razz

The guy's mad.
i'm going to run this pretty much as if Acererak is the DM.

New house rule, ONLY AVAILABLE AT CHARACTER CREATION
If you want to get a 3rd non-purchased item, you need to sacrifice an ability point of your pick.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:28 pm
Hey, at least i'm TRYING to be kind. xd

Ya know, i might very well play Acererak as the DM  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson

Eh, its all good. Auto-save is better than a 20% chance of succeeding in a crit-to-non-crit roll anyway. I just wasn't sure if it was a houserule or if you didn't know what the rule was.

In any case, are there any other things I should change, or am I all set to go?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 pm
Dion Necurat
Wolfram Asher Davidson

Eh, its all good. Auto-save is better than a 20% chance of succeeding in a crit-to-non-crit roll anyway. I just wasn't sure if it was a houserule or if you didn't know what the rule was.

i'd suggest you ask the others, because i'm not very good at auditing yet.  

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:45 pm
Mackie the Knife

Just curious, did you do the 22-point buy? If so, you have 3 points left over. I'd pump those into your DEX or INT to boost up the Reflex defense.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Dion Necurat
Wolfram Asher Davidson

i'd suggest you ask the others, because i'm not very good at auditing yet.

Fair enough.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 pm
Dion Necurat
Mackie the Knife

Just curious, did you do the 22-point buy? If so, you have 3 points left over. I'd pump those into your DEX or INT to boost up the Reflex defense.
My scores, before racial and level adjustments are:
Str:16
Con:11
Dex:10
Int:10
Wis:8
Cha:17 (22 points per Character Builder)

Racial Adjustments: +2 Str, +2 Cha
Level Increases: +2 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:56 pm
Mackie the Knife
Dion Necurat
Mackie the Knife

My scores, before racial and level adjustments are:
Str:16
Con:11
Dex:10
Int:10
Wis:8
Cha:17

Racial Adjustments: +2 Str, +2 Cha
Level Increases: +2 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha

Ah.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:12 pm
Yikes ... Ugh, sometimes i hate the dice rolls.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:18 pm
Not like it matters; we'll be killed off before you know it, right?  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:30 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
Inf is correct in the last edit. To make this a challenge, you are only permitted 2 non-purchased items at first.

The next question i have is about experience in an encounter. If the experience for the encounter is, say, 6000, and it's a 6-man crew, does each person just get 1000 each?

Yes, though when I DM, I don't monkey with EXP. I usually do something like "after 3 or so fights, depending on difficulty, the party levels". Makes it easier and keeps the party moving fluidly.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:52 am
InfChaos
Well here's the skeleton of my summoner/staff wizard.Tim the Wizard

Mechanical stuff's finished, looks more of a defender than a controller though ._.
All that's left now is to add backgrounds which should be live by the end of tomorrow.  

5Crispy

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:00 am
I may jump in on this as a reserve...

@ Wolfram: The key to auditing is to try to retrace the steps back to the very first steps of the sheet. What I tend to do is reverse engineer the ability scores first (taking -1 to each of the person's highest stats and -1 to all when applicable) and see if I can come up with their starting stats, and/or 22 points via Point Buy.

Next, see if their defenses add up, as well as their hit points, surges, and surge values. Remember that races and classes can give defense bonuses.

Go through the races, and make sure any racial abilities are jotted down. Make sure their racial skill boosts are added in. They I go through and check skills immediately, making sure they have as many trained skills as they should.

Feats are next; look them up, see what they do, see how it modifies their sheet. Equipment should be right after.

Finally, check their powers. At lower level games (read: not God Hunters), I just start at level 1 and make sure they buy the listed powers at the appropriate levels.

And that's it. Auditing is a pain at first, but it becomes rather easy after you do it a couple times :3 It's all a matter of making sure you do it in the right order. Starting at say, equipment, is alright until you find out their ability scores are wrong and you need to recalculate from scratch.

Also, may I suggest listing starting gear as "One level 11 item, one level 10 item, and XXXXX gold"? XXXXX is the amount of gold of a level 9 item, which I don't have handy atm. It'll be less confusing to everyone that way.

I'll work on a character probably next week, around Wednesday or Thursday.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:15 am
InfChaos
InfChaos
Well here's the skeleton of my summoner/staff wizard.Tim the Wizard

Mechanical stuff's finished, looks more of a defender than a controller though ._.
All that's left now is to add backgrounds which should be live by the end of tomorrow.

Myth-Weavers will sometimes do funky things to character sheets, but even looking at yours, you have a freaking super-wizard. I'm a Leader/Defender, and I want to hide behind you with those stats.

If you want to do more controller than defender, then I recommend replacing Hide Proficiency with the Expanded Spellbook feat. It will give you 3 additional dailies to really help control the battle.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:40 am
@ InfChaos's sheet: I must confess, I'm highly amused at a Wizard who has Will has his/her lowest defense lol

Honestly though, it's obvious Inf is going for a high defense wizard. He built the character around that very fact. I wouldn't chastise him for his targetted build, if that's what he really wants. Any of us can do the very same thing, if we wanted to.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff