Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The End of Days, Chapter One: Decimation Men (OPEN!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 pm
((*Confused Look* Wait... Matthias's attack hits, I got that. But I'm invisible {unless they have True Seeing or the like} so the guards shouldn't of been able to see me, much less 'approach the dragon', and then I'm suddenly 'landed in the center of a deserted city? Don't get me wrong, I'm just confused...))  
Yurro rolled 3 20-sided dice: 16, 15, 8 Total: 39 (3-60)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:10 pm
Listen: 16+6= 22
Spot: 15+6= 21
Reflex: 8+12= 20  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 pm
((Sorry, I thought Matthias was Igneel for a sec. I'm getting my characters mixed up. sweatdrop But, yeah. My point is, something just owned three guards upside their heads. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 pm
((Its okay, and I'm sorry if I sounded nasty in my 'pointing out the facts'. I was just greatly confused. Well on that note...))

Staring in disbelief that one, one of his 'comrades' just about nearly killed one of Igneel's potential servants, and second that just as easily as they could of been his servants, they are all dead now.... Well isn't this just GREAT! So much as having expendable meat walls, and a sacrifice or two for my Mistress... Well what to do now? Igneel thinks to himself as he continues to venture invisible while shapeshifting into a Dark Stalker for its sneaking abilities, and a most conventional Blindsight ability.

[Humanoid Shape invocation to shapeshift into a Dark Stalker {Fiend Folio}. Abilities/notes include: Medium sized, Poison Use, Sneak Attack +3d6, and Blindsight 60ft]  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Slave Xaccheus rolled 3 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 4 Total: 9 (3-18)

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:04 pm
((Rolling damage for the flask of Nitroglycerin that exploded in front of you, divided by two since you succeeded on the saving throw...))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm
Okay, Igneel, you see the flask hit the ground, narrowly dodging the resulting blast, but still taking five points of damage from the flames.

But, just as you feel like you are home free, the corpses suddenly animate, becoming a mob of zombies 48 medium undead strong.

At the same time, a horrible buzzing sound approaches from behind, carrying with it an omen of pure terror. All at once, many brightly-colored insects surround you, but something about them is not of this world.  

Slave Xaccheus

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:28 pm
Grrr...! Who in the name of Takhisis did that?! as what little of the flames burned a bit of the Dark Stalker body's gray hair. Turning to try and figure out where the 'bomb' came from it was then he noticed first the zombies, and second the swarm of insects.

...Well cast Death Knell and fail the saving throw...

Gripping his Short Sword of Energy Aura, he could feel the power of his magical belt pumping the power of his Flame and Frost breaths. Now who should go first, and how?

Initiative: X+4

((Alright, to clarify any misunderstandings that I might make before attacking, I'd like to ask a few things.
-How big is this swarm? 5ft square, 10ft? 15ft?
-How far away are the zombies, and how are they 'clumped'?
-How easy would it be for the other to take notice of this particular section of the 'city' if I was to use things like my Breath weapons with a cone of 30ft, or make a cloud that's 20ftx20ft big?
-All in all, how much room do I have between myself and all of my enemies?))  
Yurro rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:32 pm
((Fudge! Forgot the die roller...))  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 am
((I have a camp to go to... sweatdrop I'll be gone until Saturday. During this time, I'll think on what the statistics are.))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:24 pm
Okay, to answer your questions, the mob is all clustered together about 30 feet ahead of you, in a twenty-foot hourglass shape (take two 20 ft cones, and give them the same axis point. The road is about 40 feet wide before dropping into other alleyways. The buildings are open, but tall, so someone could see you from the air, but angles would need tweaking to catch all of your breath weapon. The swarm is roughly 20 feet behind you, and it's a ten-footer. If you want more description, use this homebrew creature, and add he Pseudonatural template.))  

Slave Xaccheus

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:42 am
Quickly coming upon the decision that this swarm that was clearly not of this world was the bigger threat, Igneel points a finger in the direction of the swarm and starts concentrating. Upon completion, a cloud of dark gray starts to spread rapidly, and soon consumes the swarm in its 20ftx20ft radius. As the the cloud is forming, a chill in the air can be felt originating from the billowy mist.

After completing the spell, Igneel could feel his Invisibility spell fall away, revealing himself to the zombies. Taking what little time he could spare, he took to his Saurian Flyer form hoping that he'll be able to take flight before the zombies and swarm can get to him.

[Chilling Fog invocation: A bank of fog billows out from the point you designate. The fog obscures all sight, including darkvision, beyond 5 feet. A creature within 5 feet has concealment (attacks have a 20% miss chance). Creatures farther away have total concealment (50% miss chance, and the attacker can’t use sight to locate the target). In addition to obscuring sight, the fog is so thick that any creature attempting to move through it progresses at a speed of 5 feet, regardless of its normal speed, and it takes a -2 penalty on all melee attack and melee damage rolls. The vapors prevent effective ranged weapon attacks (except for magic rays and the like). A creature or object that falls into solid fog is slowed, so that each 10 feet of vapor that it passes through reduces falling damage by 1d6. A creature can’t take a 5-foot step while in solid fog. Lastly, anything caught in the fog takes 2d6 points of Cold damage each turn.]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:15 pm
User ImageDelan helps guide the skiff ever closer to the floating tower.

{Figured I should move us along, eh?}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:59 am
Alright, the skiff moves at a rate of 40 feet. The mountain is about 360 feet away. So, you'll need to wait a little bit.

As for Igneel, the zombies are now closing in, eager to rip him apart. They still have a ways to go.

Also, are you going to roll the dice for the fog, or do you want me to?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:17 am
Suddenly, several fireworks shoot off into the air, exploding loudly and obviously signaling an attack. The entire mountain begins blaring with an alarm; now, everything is ready to fire at anything coming in or getting out.

Matthias, the skiff comes to ground on top of the mountain, revealing a crew of four armor-clad warriors and one Half-Dragon woman armed with an impressive-looking sword. She looks at you, and motions you into the skiff.

"The whole place just found out about you, whoever you are." she says, "I don't know who you are, but it looks like we're on the same side, for now. Hop in, we'll ferry you through this high-alert hellhole."  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:45 pm
((Just a mention, I am still currently flying))

Landing on the skiff's deck, his wings turning back into a shear black cloack, Matthias drops his remaing two pebbles over the edge. "It's a good thing you said something, because I almost destroyed this skiff. Why, if I may ask, are you here?"  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff