Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The start of the rest of your life(full) Update Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starting level?
  Epic. (If you chose this one, I will hunt you down and throw 2d20 dirty dipers at you, 100d20 each. How is that for epic?)
  1 (Me loves you)
View Results

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:45 am
Wait, wait. If I just need to edit my stats, why are we going through all this crap?I know how stat-point works now, so all I really need to do is edit all my junk, right? We're sticking with the Druid, and yeah, now I'm using the point-buy. Also, the Variant combines the Druidic Avenger class with the other variant presented in Unearthed Arcana, for those who wish to know. Also, I'm terrible at math, so my skills might be a little bit off.

Player Username: Eternality_Cannon

Character Name: Laucien Xiloscient
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Variant Druid
Level: 6th
Exp: 15,000

Hp: 26
AC: 17 (+2 Dex, +3 Wis, +1 Bonus, +1 Two-Weapon Defense)
Touch AC; 16
Flat-footed AC: 15
Speed: 40ft, 60ft (Unarmored)

Initiative modifier: +2

STR: 13
DEX: 14
CON: 13
INT: 13
WIS: 16
CHA: 12

Saves:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +4
Will: +8

Base Attack Bonus: +4

Grapple Modifier: +5

==============
Inventory :

Weapons: +2 Shortspear of Distance and Returning (1d6/X2 Piercing, 40ft, 3lb) X3
+1 Club of Thunder (1d6/X2 bludgeoning +1d8 sonic on a critical, Range 10ft, 3lb.) X2
Quarterstaff (1d6/1d6/X2, bludgeoning, 4lb).

Armor: N/A

Other:
Backpack with Waterskin, Rations 1/day, Bedroll, Sack, Flint & Steel, Holly & Mistletoe, Three Torches. Traveler's Outfit.

Gold: 9162

==============
Skills:
Concentration +5, Spellcraft +5, Intimidate +6, Craft (Weaving) +6, Spot +9, Listen +9, Swim +5, Jump +5, Climb +5, Tumble +6.

Languages:
Common, Elven, Druidic, Sylvan, Draconic

==============
Feats: Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-weapon Defense, Craft Wondrous Item.

==============
Special Abilities/Attacks/Qualities: Trackless Step, Woodland Stride, Favored Enemy (Aberrations) Whirling Frenzy 2/day, Fast Movement, Unarmored Speed Bonus. Favored Enemy (Undead) Wild Empathy (Druidic Avenger variant), Resist Nature's Lure, Nature Sense.

==============
Spells Prepared/Known: Can prepare/use five 0-level spells, three 1st-level spells, three 2nd-level spells, and two 3rd-level spells every day.

==============
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Obad-Hai
Size: Medium
Height: 6"7
Weight: 169
Description/Image: Laucian

Laucien Xinoscient, a unique individual in every sense of the word. Even among his own society of druids and home tribe, he is a being that splits the mold cleanly in half. Despite his feelings of not fitting in anywhere, Laucien seems to bear a smile that rarely leaves his face.

Laucien is the son of a human druid (his mother) and a wild elf barbarian (his father). Though he wasn't exactly abused or neglected, Laucien still felt a sense of being different, and thus, a sense of rejection from his comrades in the wild due to that difference. Even his connection to the natural world seemed abnormal, even if you tried to blend the druid and the barbarian classes together. He displayed neither the affinity for animals his mother had, nor the raw savagery of his father. His father initially feared he had fathered a weakling, and his mother feared that the boy would wind up rejecting his life altogether.

That changed when a predator entered the village and ran away with a toddler in tow. Laucien displayed unchecked primal fury that day mixed in with the cool, calculating precision of the predator he faced. The animal was beaten to the brink of death with a large club Laucien had simply ripped from a tree in a sudden burst of adrenaline and fury. The half-elf then returned to the village, scratched up severely, but triumphant.

Everyone was impressed with the boy, at least for the time being. On that day, Laucien's mother began training him as a druid, and his father trained him to harness his fury and use it as a weapon. This, combined with Laucien's unorthodoxy in the wild, ended up creating a new kind of adventurer entirely.

By the time he was 25, Laucien had become the best hunter in his tribe, as well as a passable druid in their society. He left his forest after he turned 26, and has been adventuring ever since then. He has yet to discover anything that has proven to be a great challenge. He is trying to obtain his next level so he can create a Bogun (detailed in Monster Manual 2) for use as a spy.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:29 am
You cant just delete your posts with the rolls in. If you decide to do rolls, you have to stick with them.

I belive a younger me would have called "No take backsies" XD

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:35 am
Can I assume the second variant is the unarmoured druid?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:42 am
Yep. And, those rolls were for a ghost. The roll for the Druid wasn't officially recorded on the site, so you both have no proof of my rolling, nor I of not fudging the die rolls. So, the end result is this to make everyone happy. Get off my case.

The druid might choose to give up her wild shape ability in exchange for becoming a swift and deadly hunter.

Gain
Bonus to Armor Class when unarmored (as monk, including Wisdom bonus to AC), fast movement (as monk), favored enemy (as ranger), swift tracker (as ranger), Track feat (as ranger).

Lose
Armor and shield proficiency, wild shape (all versions).  

Slave Xaccheus

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:59 am
I'll leave your rolling to the DM's discression. Though Just never seen somone take diffrent rolls when changing concepts. But I may be wrong.

I was just curious about the variants.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 am
Gamingguru... bud... what the hell?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:11 am
Rock here is the thing he is fine if he chooses point by right now because he rolled of site before and the DM said that if he was going to roll then he needed to or them here. So that more or less he needed to chose roll here or point buy the same we did. So he chose point buy.

Cannon: Your Druid is alright now no worries. What two variants did you use by chance? Or did you only use one? Sorry my have got confused by the wording.
In either case the fast movement is like the Barbarian not monk. Not trying to be rude just pointing it out.

And I can't stand that variant its gets rid of your Animal Companion, Spontaneous casting of Summon, You take a hit to Wild empathy, and I didn't see anything about armor loss. But anyway it doesn't seem worth it to me for only Rage (not even the better versions later), Timeless rage, and Fast movement. I can think the only thing that would be useful to go into is Rage mage and Wild Mage but both require Arcane casting. I was just stating what it got to illustrate the things I don't like about it. Not all of Unearthed Arcana's variants are winners.

Although something I didn't get confused on is Dread Necromancer its more then a specialized caster. The class it self uses Arcane spell casting but gets some Cleric spells on its spell list. It has a spell list and Advanced learning but, much like a warmage, it can only chose those spells from a specific school, in this case necromancy. But with the ability to chose both cleric or wizards spells from that school you can make a pretty damn good spell list.
Adding in the ability to Rebuke undead as a cleric of its level and the fact that the progression from 1-20 actually turns you into a lich is pretty epic, with its necromantic burst and its negative energy touch, coupled with some good feats from my favorite book Libris Mortis makes it brutal, in the end its one of m favorite classes and if I am ever going to play a necromancer there is no doubt in my mind that Dread will be my choice every time.
Anyway that's a little of what it offers.

Raganui What's up?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:36 am
Ah i see you are using two variants after all. The first being the Druidic Avenger as I distributed before, page 51. And the other being the additional one on page 58 of Unearthed arcana that doesn't have a name. It does what you say...

Although I have to say Rage, two fast movement, Favored enemy and Track (and swift track if you go that far), all for a hit to the wild emp., No compainon, lost of spontainous casting for Summon, armor (now not needed) and Wild shape could make a deadly character.

But lack of Bab doesn't make you a formidable combatant. I have a build using shifter that this would be great for. OOOh I am going to build it them post it for you all to gaze at hehehe.  

Archfiend Damio

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:56 am
The Jester of Equilibrium
Ah i see you are using two variants after all. The first being the Druidic Avenger as I distributed before, page 51. And the other being the additional one on page 58 of Unearthed arcana that doesn't have a name. It does what you say...

Although I have to say Rage, two fast movement, Favored enemy and Track (and swift track if you go that far), all for a hit to the wild emp., No compainon, lost of spontainous casting for Summon, armor (now not needed) and Wild shape could make a deadly character.

But lack of Bab doesn't make you a formidable combatant. I have a build using shifter that this would be great for. OOOh I am going to build it them post it for you all to gaze at hehehe.

In order: Yeah, the Druids from UA seemed interesting to me, so I went with it. And yes, all those combat abilities (I could outrun a horse using run, if I had the feat, actually) would make me pretty deadly at higher levels, especially if I work on bulking up my combat along with my spells.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:38 pm
Shift Druid

Alright so this was just for fun people I scaled it up to 12th level although after 6th you can get right into fist of the forest. I have the Wildhunt and the longtooth shifter traits.

This is with the temp mods added in for shifting, raging, and in feral trance at the same time.
With con, dex, and wis to AC thanks to the two druid variants. Its feat intensive and would need two flaws (ad could use more but you can only get two). The damages given for his weapons are with Shifter Savagery already factored in as well as the Fist of the Forest bumps. Additional you have scent all the time thanks to FoF and you have blindsense while shifting not bad at all.

This is obviously only this high at 2 times per day at witch point you have no more use of feral trance. If you want a good feat to switch out for Instincts is the Shifter Stamina because then you don't have to worry about Fatigue from raging. BUT it requires Endurance so you will be not getting it until much higher level.

As well the 70 ft move is nice as it means you can pretty much catch any foe running. this is due to the Barb fast move and the Monk of 9th level (equivalent druid level) gaining +30.

If you want to make this more broken you take one level of Swordsage as it would give you access to shadow hand maneuvers and stances. You then spend one feat and add your dex to damage on unarmed strikes. (As it is a shadow hand weapon.) But again that requires a feat and as such you didn't have that many to spend but could take it at 15th level when you attain another feat. Other wise you would have to wait on the Savagery which is reducing damage as it is. This additional level will also take you down to 60 ft move as you are no longer a 9th level druid.

The draw back to this build 'rage reliant' you are pretty much chumped without your rage, shift, and trance. So this means you have to hope combat isn't a persistent thing. As you will be taking a seat on the bench for later combats.
Its also feat heavy you need way more feats then the game allows and if a DM isn't allowing flaws then you are not doing this build simple as that.
In the end the ac of a 25 without armor and while raging is nice its not really worth it all. I would rather go with earlier builds I have on this of Monk/Sohei/Fist of the forest, but then again also feat intensive as well as the need for the OA and tome of battle for Superior Unarmed is a little much for a DM to handle.
I would rate this build at a 6.5 out of 10 I have seen much better but its not bad for what it is.  

Archfiend Damio

Drugged Lolli rolled 6 4-sided dice: 4, 3, 2, 2, 3, 1 Total: 15 (6-24)

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:57 pm
Rolling starting gold for Fighter

...13,150 gp.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 pm
I don't mind if people get mad at me, Mostly cause I am not playing and if you target me in other campaigns I will just build an Assassin that kills everyone in their sleep... With that said, I will point out some things that have been brought up. I doubled checked the info just to be sure. This is just a gold count for now.

Cannon, +2 Shortspear of Distance and Returning; Is a +4 Weapon (+2 shortspear +1 distance and +1 for returning) which would cost 32,000 gp + the cost of a masterwork shortspear. I think you meant it as Shortspear of Distance and Returning Which is a +2 weapon (+1 distance and +1 for returning) costing 8000 + the cost of a masterwork. Same thing with your +1 thundering club

(Still working on this)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
I don't mind if people get mad at me, Mostly cause I am not playing and if you target me in other campaigns I will just build an Assassin that kills everyone in their sleep... With that said, I will point out some things that have been brought up. I doubled checked the info just to be sure. This is just a gold count for now.

Cannon, +2 Shortspear of Distance and Returning; Is a +4 Weapon (+2 shortspear +1 distance and +1 for returning) which would cost 32,000 gp + the cost of a masterwork shortspear. I think you meant it as Shortspear of Distance and Returning Which is a +2 weapon (+1 distance and +1 for returning) costing 8000 + the cost of a masterwork. Same thing with your +1 thundering club

(Still working on this)

All magical weapons have to have at least a +1 enhancement bonus before additional abilities can be added.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 pm
I forgot that.... redface

Then the club is fine, but the spear is still a +3 weapon equaling 18000 plus masterwork weapon  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:46 pm
I have noticed something as I go though the lists of character sheet, not counting the ones that aren't finished

Korac
Laucien
Auhauha

are all naked.....Or atleast they don't have a outfit in their list of gear  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items