Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Foalen's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:36 am
"Oh don't worry, I agree it's best to let the herd be as much as we are able. They will come to us should they wish our company." The shaman brushed a lock of hair that had escaped it's braid out of his feild of vision.

Foalen nodded at the description of the soquili with his skeletals showing."I know the soquili your talking about, I'm sure I've seen him before. Ayita knows him too, though I haven't gotten the chance to get to know him very well."

As if mention of him summoned his presence Takota appeared next to the shaman yapping softly his tail slowly swishing back and forth his little eyes bright.

"From what I've managed to put together because of the damage to his leg he seems to have been caught in some kind of metal trap. I can only think it was one set by the foreigners who came from across the great waters for our hunters do not use traps that would cause this kind of damage." Foalen frowned thinking about what the presence of the trap might mean to the village. Hopefully nothing more would come of it. But his instincts told him something else entierly.

"Takota is very friendly dispite what happened to him and he's growing stronger every day. Though he's still a little timid about going out hunting on his own. He likes to have me go with him. But I have high hopes for him. He is braver each time we go out together. I believe eventually he'll be able to go out hunting by himself once more."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:51 pm
"Metal trap? Those could catch a Soquili innocent leg. I mean if they had larger than the ones the poor fox had, imagine the damage!" she was getting furious nothing good had come good from the foreigners and the was proved with Cyrus' story she was mostly agaist them and usually had nothing to do with them thats why it was some what hard for her when that pilgrim came and his horse took off.  

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:38 pm
"Yes, from the shape and depth of the wound I would say it was deffinatly not made out of wood or brush. It had to be metal, what's worse is that it was obviously not meant for a fox. The quarry they were after had to have been much bigger say a wild cat or a bear. Or they would have used a trap with much smaller teeth." The shaman shook his head his face darkening with anger at the thought of the pilgrims hunting without any respect for the creatures they were killing.

It wasn't the idea of hunting that bothered Foalen. To live man had to eat and to that end the great spirt had provided creatures of the air and land for men to hunt. But these creatures were born of the spirit the same as man and their lives required respect, especialy if they were called upon to give up their earthly life in order to provide continued life to another.

"These strangers take life without a word of thanks or even a pause of thought as if somehow they believe they hold dominion over life and death, that they can do as they please no matter what the effects of their actions are on others." Foalen looked around at the trees and grass near the teepee thinking of how seperate the stranger who had come to the villiage had seemed from the nature all around him.

"They are conceted to so completely ignore the voice and will of the spirits and the living mother, the land, wich provids food and protection from the elements. It saddens me to say this, but I believe we will eventually come into conflict with these strangers. There ways are too diffrent from ours for us to get along for long."

Sighing Foalen waved Lilly towards one of the hide sit upons as he took another. "Perhaps I am wrong and they will learn to listen to the voice of the land. I hope for all our sakes it is so." Though his eyes said that he didn't believe that was a very likely outcome.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:33 am
"We can hope, but I have doubts. I've never told anyone Cyrus' story and upon how I found him. But you probably won't want to hear it anyways." She sighed, "They'll never see what there doing is wrong, half of the time they don't even use the animals as meat. It's more of a game, I have wondered to their tripe and they use there fur as rugs, their meat is fed to the dogs. The only meat I have seen them eat is their own cows, or whatever they call them."  

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:56 am
The shaman nodded sadly. "From what I have seen of them, their behaviour isn't born out of ingorance as much as aorgence as I mentioned before. They don't feel they need to respect anything but themselves and their own beliefs.

They do not see the balance of the world or even the need for balance. I can't imagain how anyone could be so brazen to take life simply because it amuses them. I have heard they call us savages and themselves civilized. But I would not wish to be civilized if it means being numbered amoung those who are so self centered." Shaking his head Foalen reached down to pick up some dried meat he had saved and set asside and held it out to his guest.

"But let's talk about something other than the strangers, tell me if you don't mind a little about yourself."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:00 am
Lily, frowned at being called a savage. She started to wonder why Foalen looked more like the strangers and less like most of the tribe whom had more darkly toned skin. Her face deeply implied it too. She took the meat and thanked him for it.

"Me? Not much of interest there." she smiled at her dull life. "My mother died giving birth to me and my father was out hunting and he never returned. Other than that I know of no more of my family. From then I just roamed around, then I lived near the desert, with a different tribe. They outcasted me as a bad omen." she rolled her eyes. "They hadn't had any luck since all of there own horses took off. Didn't know what caused it, but some how I had been the one for the blame."

"Then I went to the out skirts of the desert and found a little colt by the name of Cyrus. He was distrustful as well as cruel. I really don't know what happened to him, but when I found him he had gashes across his hind quarters, one across his chest and one under his eye. They looked as if they were from rocks and sticks being pelted at him." She sighed heavily. "I wouldn't doubt it either, some people were looking for him but I hid him, even if he nipped be a good few times. Ever since we have been together. We first went back to my original tribe, they wanted me back since they thought 'I was a new and improved lucky one who had recieved a Soquili by the Gods will'. We left and roamed the lands and some how ended up to this tribe and stayed here." She shrugged her shoulders.

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:40 am
"It sounds like you both had a difficult path to take. But I am glad you found your way here. And perhaps it is selfish of me but I am also greatful you decided to not to stay with your birth tribe when the offered to accept you after you met Cyrus. A tribe should accept you for who and what you are not what you bring with you." Foalen sighed, unforchinatly he had seen cases like Lilly's far to often.

Taking another piece of dried meat he offered it to Takota. The fox nibbled at his fingertips playfully before taking the morsle. "I too come from somewhere else. My birth tribe is a fair distance from here to the north. Unlike most tribes my shaman chose more than one apprentice to train and follow his path. I think perhaps he knew I was destited to go elsewhere. When the time of testing came he sent us all out to seek a vision in order to find weather our place was with the our tribe or somewhere else.

I have had no vison telling me to return. Infact it has become more and more obvious that I am needed here. So here I will stay.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:34 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:37 pm
Smiling the shaman motioned for Lilly to be at ease when he noticed her take her food out and realized that she was uncomfortable doing so in his presence. "It's all right, go ahead and eat. And if you like I have some sweet bread I was given that might go well the friut if you'd like me to get some for you."

Antisipating an afirmitive Foalen moved around to where the bread was stored and selected a large loaf. "I plan on staying for as long as I am needed here. But at first I thought I wanted to go back to my old tribe."

Shaking his dark braid over his shoulder Foalen chuckeled as he thought back to his first days in the village. "My tribe was all I knew and I felt safe and comfortable there. Infact I was afraid to leave, when I had been told I would have to go dream seeking. But I think it is nessisary to risk danger if you are ever to grow past childhood."

"To live a fledgling hawk must leave the nest and take to the sky." The shaman smiled a self effaceing smile as he held the bread out to Lilly. "Even so it took me some time to understand why leaving the tribe was so important in my progress as both a man and shaman. "  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:03 pm
She was obviously kind at heart because she then took the bread and broke it in half and handed it to him, for him to eat. "I'd hate to be a bother to you." she said with a sort of grin on her face, which made her appearence look some what angelic.

She listened to his words as she took a bite out of his food, wearily wondering what Foalen was thinking. "You speak wisely. However you probably have to, to be a shaman." Her eye brow raised, "What exactly do you do as a shaman?" she asked curiously. She knew they were important for she had heard of them but she never quite understood what they did.

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:06 pm
Accepting the partial loaf from Lilly the shaman smiled. "You aren't a bother. I'm glad for the company." He assured her as he sampled a little of the bread.

Taking out a skin of water he took offered it to Lilly. "As to what a shaman does, we care for the spiritual needs of those around us. We act as guides to those who need advice in matters of the spirit. When the spirit realm is out of balance with the physical realm we work to correct the imbalance. If the tribe is threatened by a spirit or someone using a spirit for evil or personal gain we defend the the tribe and that wich is sacred."

Foalen leaned back to scratch the his head in thought."I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I've been helpful at all in my explination. Is there anything specificly that you would like to learn more about?"

Reaching down the shaman absently scrached behind the ears of the little brown fox sitting next to him.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:38 pm
Lily tilted her head, "Actually, this is rather interesting." She smiled polietly as she took the water. She was surrounded by his food and her own fruits. She felt at home, for awhile.
"How do you protect someone from a spirit?" she asked intrigued and her expression showed it aswell. She looked at the fox and gently scratched the bottom of his chin. He seemed nice, she hoped he wouldn't bite her. She didn't have a bad vibe or aura about her.

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:15 pm
Sighing Foalen gazed at the fire his dark eyes meditative as he tried to gather his thoughts. "Hmmm, that's a difficult question to answer."He replied slowly as a few small embers broke away from a log in the flames flicking up wards as the warm air reached up towards the opening in the top of the teepee.

Leaning forward he looked up at Lilly speaking soflty. "Each situation is diffrent as each spirit is diffrent. Sometimes the spirit needs to be turned away at other times it is the fault of the villiger or village for doing something to anger the spirits or failing to do something that is expected and reperations must be made before the blanace can be returned. There is no single "way" of defending someone from a spirit. It it more a matter of feeling out each situation and responding appropreatly."

Takota leaned into the scratchings his face reflecting how much he was enjoying the feeling of fingers in his fur. This new twofooter had very nice hands and she knew just where to scratch. He wouldn't mind at all if she came by more often. The little fox yipped softly to try and make feelings known and butted gently against Lilly's hand when she slowed her scratching.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:44 pm
"So how can you get a spirit angered with you?" she asked. She could probably keep going with question. Each time Foalen spoke, it gave the urge in her to ask more questions because she was interested in the topic.
She looked at the fox, who looked so cute when she began petting him. She listened to him yip happily. She tore another piece of the meat that Foalen gave her and gave it to the fox. She started to eat the other, so it didn't look like she was feeding him her scraps. She treated the animals as her equal and she liked it that way.

Draculas Babe

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:49 am
"Where do I start?" Foalen asked aloud as he gathered his thoughts. "There are many ways in wich spirits are angered. But mainly it comes down to one of three possibilities. Sometimes Evil or vengful spirits act out of a long held anger or gudge. At other times it is the ignorance or arrigance of a villiger or some other person who does not treat the spirits with the respect they deserve. And last, but still very dangerous is when someone who is very closely connected to the spirits uses and controls them for their own benifit or to harrass others."  
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff