Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply Trainer Prep
OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX
Vice Captain

Beloved Seeker

14,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:43 am
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

Xx_Yume_Shinkirou_xX

I wish I did (see above)
I also never got to tellin ya but I really like the posting formats for your characters and the song for Iris. I started listening to it and ended up listening to BlackGryph0n & Baasik's entire playlist. sweatdrop

Thank you ^^ I'm glad you like the song. It was repeat for me for days owo and it totally fits Iris. As well as some more songs I found.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:24 am
Prairiefox
DJ Double B
Uh hey everyone
I'm DJ and I play Ava
Just got approved - woo!

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all!

Hi nice to meet cha! Welcome to the guild I'm Prairie and my characters are Koru Frene from Salamence House and Ramona Floros the history teacher OwO I read your character I can't for ya to join the rp ^^

Weird, could'a sworn i replied last night. Sorry about that, anyway

Nice to meet you too! I probably won't be posting until tonight or tomorrow
Adding some stuff to the profile thread -- future looks, posting layout, relations/pokemon seen, etc

Maybe we can plot sometime though. Ava is in Charizard house

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:03 am
Hey, has anyone else had problems before with layout coding working in regular forum threads, but not in guild threads? Never RP'ed in a guild, but in copying layouts from my test thread to edit in my charrie's profile here, everything completely unravels.

I'll try to make something quick, but if you have any insight, do let me know, thanks!

Edit: I'm figuring it out mostly. A lot of it is having to end colors before starting other colors, among other things. Fun xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:12 pm
DJ Double B
Hey, has anyone else had problems before with layout coding working in regular forum threads, but not in guild threads? Never RP'ed in a guild, but in copying layouts from my test thread to edit in my charrie's profile here, everything completely unravels.

I'll try to make something quick, but if you have any insight, do let me know, thanks!

Edit: I'm figuring it out mostly. A lot of it is having to end colors before starting other colors, among other things. Fun xD

It sounds like you figured it out, but that's basically it: you have to end ev-er-y-thing. You have to close lists and colors and stuff at the end, even if you aren't adding anything after.

I don't get why the guilds and forums work differently :/
I try to make my favorite formats so they fit guild because guild ones work in forums without any changes. Sometimes I forget about how convenient color nesting is :p  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:17 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly

It sounds like you figured it out, but that's basically it: you have to end ev-er-y-thing. You have to close lists and colors and stuff at the end, even if you aren't adding anything after.

I try to make my favorite formats so they fit guild because guild ones work in forums without any changes. Sometimes I forget about how convenient color nesting is :p

Color nesting is the beeessssst
I don't think you can use tab either but I'll try and make something without it *dies inside*

all my messy coding is coming back to haunt me
rip  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:22 pm
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly

I don't think you can use tab either but I'll try and make something without it *dies inside*

rip

I love how the colors just *clenches fist* nest
Hah, I didn't even know tab was a thing and never use it because of this =w= My best guess at getting around it is to do a one line list wow that would be terrible never mind xD
Good luck >w>

Haha, oh gosh it's a nightmare. Ever since I started rping in pokemon guilds I had to stop fancy forum posts gonk  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:35 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly

rip

Hah, I didn't even know tab was a thing and never use it because of this =w= My best guess at getting around it is to do a one line list wow that would be terrible never mind xD
Good luck >w>

Haha, oh gosh it's a nightmare. Ever since I started rping in pokemon guilds I had to stop fancy forum posts gonk

Tab just scoots everything over a little. It's lovely. One line list would be awful, though it's possible. The tab ends itself after a line which is nice

Yeah true, something simplier would be easier, but I already have these made xD I usually just recolor and change photos/info haha. I may have some really old stuff from 2012-2013 that I try to forget about that I can fix up  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:39 pm
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly

rip

Good luck >w>

Tab just scoots everything over a little. It's lovely. One line list would be awful, though it's possible. The tab ends itself after a line which is nice

Yeah true, something simplier would be easier, but I already have these made xD I usually just recolor and change photos/info haha. I may have some really old stuff from 2012-2013 that I try to forget about that I can fix up

*pssst*
I just recolor stuff too >w>
If I'm feeling really lazy I even use layouts other people made (with their permission of course) lol.  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 pm
TheWhiteDragonfly
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly

rip

Good luck >w>

*pssst*
I just recolor stuff too >w>
If I'm feeling really lazy I even use layouts other people made (with their permission of course) lol.

permission is always good xD
I'ma go crank this thing out. Found something simple I can easily fix up and make pokemon related  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:41 pm
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly

rip

sorry what is color nesting?  

JubiJujubi

Anxious Gekko

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:47 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu
DJ Double B
TheWhiteDragonfly

rip

I don't know the terms, but if its what I think it is, its using the _ and color=white to tab in entries  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm
Juubi-Kira no Ryuu

It's a way of coding on regular forums where you don't have to start and stop colors constantly. On guilds, however, it doesn't work.

Take the following, for example,

This is a test sentence.

If you wanted to make the word 'test' a different color with color nesting, you would just highlight test and make it a different color. With how guild forums react to it though, it doesn't work.

This is a test sentence

[color=red]This is a [color=cyan]test [/color]sentence[/color]

On a regular forum, it would look like this. That's what I'm used to.  

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

DJ Double B

Colorful Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:07 pm
Xaven the Raven

I don't know the terms, but if its what I think it is, its using the _ and color=white to tab in entries

Not quite. tbh I dunno a specific term for that. I just consider that decorative spacing  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:12 pm
Yeah, DJ explained what I meant 3nodding

Although that color = white thing is very helpful for spacing, ever since I learned it I've used it a lot. (I actually use it instead of tab because of tab not working in quilds )  

TheWhiteDragonfly

Friendly Duck

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:44 pm
DJ Double B

Weird, could'a sworn i replied last night. Sorry about that, anyway

Nice to meet you too! I probably won't be posting until tonight or tomorrow
Adding some stuff to the profile thread -- future looks, posting layout, relations/pokemon seen, etc

Maybe we can plot sometime though. Ava is in Charizard house

That's okay don't hurry yourself ^^ I and I think most members did that for their characters its a good way to organize everything 3nodding

Oh that'd be fun! Koru is in Salamence 3nodding  
Trainer Prep

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 345 346 347 348 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games