Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

naiomi-hasho

2,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:28 pm
a theory of my friends and i is that harry is a horcrux.
so i think harry might die or seriously get hurt.
someone from the weasley family because there are so many of them and someones bound to die
snape because voldermort isn't going to trust him anymore and therefore off him
and voldermort for obvious reason
and luna just because she has death potential
though others may die like many death eaters and random ppl  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:49 pm
Did anyone else mention this? I don't remember.

Regarding all the speculation about the one to two major character deaths mention in the last book I haven't heard any mentioning of Draco Malfoy being one of them. I hear a lot about Ron or Hermione or Harry and all those others. I'm going with Draco. Draco or Remus, because that would be just my luck.  

yougotownt12341245453

Demon Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:31 pm
I think Voldemort and one or both of the Weasley twins are going to die and Hermione will become a Ministry official in Muggle relations while Ron plays professional Quidditch.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:19 am
the ending was so awsome but i like the part when snape...oh has anyone read the book yet?  

Icemoonlily

hellothethe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:15 am
the books good but the ending is crap crap crap crap crap twisted twisted twisted twisted twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:20 am
What it was not crap it was a goos ending  

Icemoonlily

gs_gsd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:33 pm
The ending is pretty okay. But the epilogue I find a ehh...
People did finish the book by now right?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:46 am
Yeah, I didn't like the ending either. I liked the whole storyline, but I thought it was really rushed and she didn't do any of her dying characters justice except one and I thought the last chapter was way too far into the future. What sort of job was Harry fit for afterwards? How did the various affected families deal with their losses/reunions?

I would love for Rowling to release another book with just all her notes on her characters. I know she did a lot of background for each character, much of which was merely hinted at in the books. For example, what was the history of Crookshanks? Most agree that he was the Potters' cat before spending such a long time in the pet shop before Hermione bought him. His story alone would be interesting for avid fans.

Anyways, you can only do so much in one book. She did a wonderful job wrapping up. You just can't help always wanting more, I guess.  

Mercurial Menace

TokyoTea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:32 am
the question mostly pondered in my close group of friends is how the heck did harry come upon the posession of the wand.
if its so invincilble why does the owner of the wand lose?
why was Dumbledore able to defeat the elder wand if its the best wand ever?
why did harry get the posession of the wand from malfoy?
malfoy didn't defeat dumbledore for it. snape did.
but it was planned by dumbledore for snape to finish the killing of himself if malfoy could not do it. therefore malfoy is the owner of the elder wand after dumbledore died?
then does the wand realize that if harry was able to get malfoy's wand than he has defeated malfoy earning the right of posession of the elder wand?
idk, what do you guys think about it?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:26 am
I think I can help a little here.

curioustatitude
the question mostly pondered in my close group of friends is how the heck did harry come upon the posession of the wand.
if its so invincilble why does the owner of the wand lose?
why was Dumbledore able to defeat the elder wand if its the best wand ever?

The theory that most makes sense to me is that Ariana, Dumbledore's sister, died to save her brothers, Albus and Aberforth, thereby putting a love/sacrifice protection on them. That is how Dumbledore knew how Harry survived Voldemort's curse. Lily's protection worked in the same way.

Quote:
why did harry get the posession of the wand from malfoy?
malfoy didn't defeat dumbledore for it. snape did.
but it was planned by dumbledore for snape to finish the killing of himself if malfoy could not do it. therefore malfoy is the owner of the elder wand after dumbledore died?
then does the wand realize that if harry was able to get malfoy's wand than he has defeated malfoy earning the right of posession of the elder wand?
idk, what do you guys think about it?

Malfoy was the one that disarmed Dumbledore. Even though Snape did the actual killing, the wand's loyalties are transferred through disarming. That is how Dumbledore got the wand from Grindenwald. Dumbledore never killed Grindenwald, he just disarmed and defeated him. Harry later, during the whole Bellatrix torturing Hermione scene, disarms Malfoy and thereby gains control of the Elder Wand then.

Does that make sense?

I'm a little curious about how Neville pulled Gryffindor's sword out of the hat if Griphook had taken it. Griphook must have basically lied and the sword must have been tied to Gryffindor and the Sorting Hat in some way. *headscratcher*  

Mercurial Menace

mods helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:29 am
i dont like the ending but i heard on the radio that Ginny becomes a pro quidditch player and Harry becomes an auror. 3nodding not much info but they should have mentioned that in the book.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:35 pm
I think she will come out with an 8th book about the charecters because a lot of stuff was been missread by some people including me.  

Flame-Full Neko

650 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Alexandra Havoc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:06 pm
I thought the book was really well-written, especially the deaths. Some of them were really, really sad. I didn't like the epilouge though. I thought some deaths were unnecessary *cough*Weasley*cough*, but it was great all the same. One of my favourite books.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:01 pm
kingjamie07
I think she will come out with an 8th book about the charecters because a lot of stuff was been missread by some people including me.

She said that she would only write 7. The next one will have to be written by some shmo who doesnt know what they are doing. If you read the very last chapt thing it pretty much ends the series.  

the_noodle00

matchrane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:30 pm
i loved the 7th book but i hated it when the twin dies  
74: Hogwarts, Hogwarts, and more Hogwarts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items