Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Victory Road [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 2:33 am
The Psychic Braincell

"Weeeeell that pup that showed up earlier wouldn't leave me alone until I gave them something to eat, and by the time I did that, both of you were long gone. You both missed the part where I actually got here around the same time, but I thought the ice cream would be a nice gesture so I just rewound a little bit longer so I had the time to get that and come back," Aden explained, a nervous tone increasingly present as he feared what he might be bludgeoned with first between Reno's arm and whatever blunt instrument Crystal decided to make in the moment.

"...which is a fancy way of saying that I don't know where the gym is, and I could finagle that one if you don't mind events repeating themselves. But I'm pretty sure there's a certain Celebi already wanting to have words with me, so I don't think I'm up for pressing my luck further today. Winning the race was kind of a neat bonus...? If it makes you two feel any better, karma came in the form of puppy because somehow they ended up time traveling with me and haven't left my side since."

A bark would be heard in response, an enthusiastic 'hello' coming from the weird bakery escapee when they felt like they were being referred to.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 5:51 pm
Crystal looked at Aden, eyes narrowed. “Time shenanigan cheating, got it.” She then looked down at the little pastry dog, raising a constellation eyebrow. “I don’t know if that’s a downside, to be honest. They’re pretty adorable. Thanks for the ice cream, at least.” The hybrid would look at the ice cream cone, noting the salt block. That couldn’t really be a salt block. It was probably a sugar cube, and maybe this was more like a brown sugar ice cream, with that kind of swirling in there. Odd that they’d do a plain sugar cube instead of trying to get a brown sugar cube, but those were probably much harder to make and keep their shape over time. She went ahead and took a lick with her yellow tongue, and her tail shot straight out in the back. Everything was wrong. It. Was. Salty! And she just could not compute. She would just stare out straight ahead as any processes going on in that head of hers just crashed. Anyone searching for surface thoughts would only hear ‘Why is it salty?’ over and over. Maybe the occasional 'It lied!' in there as well.

Someone may need to try and reboot the cat.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 7:50 pm
Reno would only pause to pass his satisfyingly salty ice cream to his prosthetic as Aden finished his explanation of the rampant abuse of power that he had gone through just purely for the pursuit of ice cream. And after that short pause, he would immediately take a quick swing to smack Aden on the back of the head. "You abused the space-time continuum for ice cream. Couldn't have at least made a little more of your day besides to rub in that you were here first?" Reno grumbled in between licks of the ice cream, looking down towards the small dog that now appeared to be the mascot for the trio. Well, might as well introduce himself to the thing that was liable to become a marketable plushie for them.

Crouching down to look the Fidough in the eyes, Reno would pet the small Pokemon. "Well, welcome to the team. You've already time traveled, so now all you need is to jump dimensions and get chased by a psychic ghost and you'll officially be part of the club."

He had more to say but he could almost feel the strange psychic energy that Crystal appeared to be emanating. Sighing as he ceased his petting, Reno would stand up and look over towards Crystal in the midst of her bluescreen. "Well, lets get finding the Gym. Maybe we'll be lucky and something will jump out to us for finding it?" Reno told the pair, slowly finishing his ice cream before extending his prosthetic arm and flicking Crystal on the nose with as much force as he figured it would take for a person made of metal to register it as a stinging pain. Which, given his only other person to judge such a maneuver off of being Leslie, meant it was likely to be a touch more painful than he intended. Not even waiting to see how mad Crystal might be from the attack, Reno would already be setting off down the road towards the depths of Levincia.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 3:24 am
"Downside, probably not, but inducting a time-traveling bakery runaway wasn't exactly on my to-do list today... er? Crystal?" Aden stepped forward after Crystal seemed to stop after a single lick of the ice cream, waving a hand in front of her before the sudden surface thought of 'It lied!' struck his mind and questions of salty ice cream kept looping. "I know ice cream being salty's a little weird, but I didn't think I'd break her..." He thought maybe a jolt would help, but Reno's slap threw him off the notion and left him rubbing his head instead. Maybe for the best; it'd probably take him throwing a punch to really have an effect, and chances were more likely that effect would be Aden hurting himself instead.

"Yeah, I. Probably deserved that, ow. For what it's worth, finding the gym ahead of you two didn't feel like it'd be any fun. And hopefully won't end like the last gym we went to."

The walking pastry pup, utterly clueless at what any of the remarks meant, was just happy for the pets and gave a bark in response before following after Reno. Aden lagged behind for the moment, wanting to make sure Crystal was alright. Or at least as alright as a reality-hopping metal cat who just got betrayed by ice cream could be.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:39 pm
The reboot would begin after Crystal would correct herself from the ‘flick’. It was probably close to a punch in strength, and not one that was pulled. She rubbed her nose, grumbling as she looked back at the ice cream cone. Or, what was left of it, at least. It appeared her ice cream also lost its balance, as she found the majority of it on the ground. Keeping quiet, she merely laid her ears flat against her head as the ice cream got deposited into the nearest garbage can. At the very least, she was going to eat the cone while she followed after Reno. She was already getting a bit salty, so, what was a bit more added onto that?

While they walked, she wouldn’t be paying nearly as much attention to her surroundings, only doing the bare minimum to keep out of people’s way. She’d be more lost in her own thoughts, running through what had happened. Starting with probably the most ridiculous- 404’ing on some salt flavored ice cream. Yes, there may have been some sweetness in there as well, but she had gotten caught up in the fact that the predominant taste was salt. Though, was that sort of reaction really necessary? Probably not. She might have even become maybe okay with it, had she not dropped it. But, that was out the window now. Thinking further back onto the discussion of Ultra Space, she really did wonder how they had not chased her back here yet. At this point, with all the Ultra Space incidents involving this reality in such a short amount of time(among other things), it was almost certainly a matter of when rather than if. If not trying to track down Polaris(no, she was not going to refer to her by Freth’s nickname. That honor went to people that she honestly cared for. And she did not qualify.), then for any of her shenanigans that she caused. She was not looking forward to that, and honestly hoped that it was just some sort of oversight. That maybe they overlooked this reality. If it came down to it, though, she’d try to make herself the target, though, and try to get them to chase her while she left home. Again.

And speaking of leaving, she’d jump back to deciding to first leave onto this. She could have gone with the Path of Legends. It sounded interesting enough. But why this? Why not even stay at the academy? With as much traveling as she’s done recently, despite being back in her home reality, one would feel like she should want to stay put. But this feeling of restlessness just reared its ugly head. She knew the feeling all too well. It’s usually how she decided she needed to leave that particular reality when she was elsewhere. But again, she was in her home reality. Or at least what she believed to be her home reality. She shouldn’t have this feeling again, and so soon. And she made damn near no mention of what she was doing except to the absolute required people she needed to. Which… Again, tracked for how she left a lot of other realities. No mention of anything to anyone. Just one day, disappeared. It was easier than saying goodbyes every single time, making it harder to want to leave. No, it was easier to just disappear, at least for her. And not get too involved in other events with disparate Snagems, recent travels excluded. The hybridhooped they were alright, thinking of them. She had just kind of caused chaos and then just… bailed. That was the worst of it, too, she figured. Left in the middle of some major stuff- “Light, burn me,” she cursed, at least in her own unique way, finally speaking up. Without explaining herself, she pulled out her SNAG, beginning to furiously type up a message while taking to a wall to lean on. With everything that had happened after the weird not-Shadow land Tentacruel, she hadn’t checked to see how Darts was doing.

Quote:
-Message-
Hey, hadn’t gotten to see how you’ve been after everything went down with that land Tentacruel. Hope that the academy’s treated you fine so far. So, I know Doc and I were probably pestering you before all of that stuff at the port. Thinking about it, I hope we weren’t getting on your nerves, but how you acted seemed… maybe too chipper, and we were both worried. I didn’t want to try and press too hard, though, to be honest. If you want to talk still, I’m completely fine with it, though I’ve left the academy myself with Aden and Reno to attempt to do the gym challenge here in Levincia, with a nasty habit I’ve picked up of telling practically no one of my plans. Kind of comes from traveling alone for far too long. And if you don’t want to talk, I get it. I don’t know what, or even if anything’s up with you at the immediate moment, but I hope you’re doing alright.

Catch you later, maybe?
Crystal

When she pressed send, she grumbled and put her knuckles on her forehead. “Light, I feel like such a crap friend… Sorry about earlier, guys,” she'd apologize to her friends, sighing. "I.. probably shouldn't have had a... minor breakdown over a flavor, I guess?" She looked behind her, inside apparently, since she hadn't realized she took to leaning against a window instead of a wall. Then, looking up, she raised her eyebrow at the building, seeing it sprt a red and white outline of a Pokéball, with a symbol inside the inner circle that presumably was their icon for the gym challenge here. "Uh.... you think this is the place?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:23 am
I found my way out from the inn and started to make my way off to the Pokémon Gym. If one could call it that, that is. I’m still left a bit reeling from the culture shock as to how things roll in Paldea. It is still a case of to each their own, but it just really didn’t feel like that. At the very least the trip from one city to another still seems to be generally a trainer’s trial by fire if the constant Pokémon battles and Pokémon upkeep is anything to go by.

It took a little bit, getting across town, moving about the various foot traffic on the sidewalks and managing the streets, but eventually I would make it to the distinct building that stood out. The Artazon Gym. Making my way inside, I adjusted my vest and walked inside. As soon as I did, I did realize that the lobby stood out fairly well as opposed to the one in Cortondo. Art was everywhere. Paintings mounted on every wall, hung from nearly every ceiling tile, a small painting of a still life was even there at the receptionist’s desk. But oddly…the subject matter was all Sunflora. Just…Sunflora. Either this was a grass type gym or someone REALLY loves their Sunflora. I shook my head and approached the receptionist at the desk. “Morning. Looking for the gym leader for a Pokémon battle.” I told her.

“Ah yes. I do suppose you know before all of this you will have needed to complete the trial before Brassius sees you.” The receptionist stated.

“I am aware. And if it is anything like Cortondo, I take it the trial is not here.” I said.

“That is correct. You are not from here, correct?” she hands over a pamphlet containing a simple map of the city. “Head to the Sunflora Lawn across town and they will be able to help you out.”

“Sunflora…lawn. Okay…got it.” I said, staring in confusion at the pamphlet for a second. “Thank you.” I then made my way back out of the gym and started to make my way off to…whatever this place is.

I couldn’t help but to think at this point about back at home. Truth be told we did do trials like these at one point, albeit at the very least they were localized within the gym. But considering the work to maintain the various trials, it wasn’t really worth the effort. My teacher, Pryce, was a big opponent of it to begin with well back in the day before that, and just stuck to his guns that the only trial was to deal with him. It eventually got to the point where none of the gym leaders really wanted to do anything like Paldea is doing now; just keep it simple, people have to travel miles just to get to the next gym just let them battle already. The gyms back at home had apprentices that could also battle in defense of the gym, but it wasn’t necessarily emphasized until almost about a decade or so before I finally became an apprentice of the Mahogany Gym.

Incidentally, some would argue that since I became the apprentice of the gym, things kinda gotten worse for the gyms of Jhoto. Though they are a vocal minority. About a year or two after I ended up being an apprentice, taking all my battles under the banner of the Mahogany Gym seriously, raising my Pokémon with care, and so on, the other apprentices of the Jhoto Gyms in particular, to which there were only four others apart from me, held themselves to a higher standard, to the point that one might say that the gyms just effectively had a second gym leader in it. The apprentices themselves became that ‘trial’. And incidentally, we made it extremely difficult to get through the Jhoto Circuit of the Indigo League. Roughly two or three years before Snagem came together the first time, the turn out for the Indigo League Championships were at record lows for the Jhoto Circuit. What was roughly an average of 500 competitors every year was down to a paltry 64 competitors before qualifiers. In fact, they ended up not having to bother with Qualifiers that year. Effectively, we WERE the qualifiers.
Of course, such a thing caused a uproar, claiming it was boring or anything of that sorts, that it discouraged people from even trying to participate and give up, or at the very least, if they can, go elsewhere. That we needed to dial back on the difficulty. Those directly involved in the Jhoto Circuit would come back with a resounding ‘get over it’. While admittedly it is discouraging, it was purposely so, with the mentality that one needed to learn that if they commit to this, removing Pokémon from their habitats for their own personal gain, to claim responsibility over their actions and their Pokémon, and a whole other long laundry list of things, then they got to understand that such a thing wasn’t easy street. It was going to get difficult the longer they go, all the way up until they see the Elite Four, if they make it that far.

Truthfully I was left to wonder just how much different Paldea takes things as compared to Jhoto. It honestly seemed like the gyms were secondary, maybe even Tertiary. It’s a side thing instead of a major function of the region. The gym leader of Cortondo was saying that she was primarily a baker in that town, that running the gym only came second. Though…was she really running it? I couldn’t help but to shake my head at it; there were things about the region I just couldn’t really see the logic into.

I eventually found my way down the path the map lead me and found what seemed look like a farm house. There wasn’t necessarily a garden here…but there was a very large yard, fenced in by wood posts. I walked down the long driveway, trying to find someone to talk to, double checking the pamphlet to make sure I was in the right spot. As far as what I could tell, I was…but this place looked kind of deserted. I followed the driveway to the front door, stepping on the porch, and gave a knock on the door. I waited for a moment only for no answer to come. “…uh…”

“Excuse me?” I perked up and looked down the side of the house, seeing someone, an older female at the corner of the house. “Can I help you?” she asked.

“I’m here for a gym trial?” I asked.

“Ah yes. I’ve been expecting you. In fact, I already got your trial already started.”

“Wait…what?” I asked.

“The Artazon gym enlists the help of the Sunflora Lawn for their various trials. Usually in that of playing with the Sunflora.”

“…There’s no Sunflora here, though.” I asked, confused.

“That’s because your trial is a game!” he said. “Hide and Seek!”

“…the Pokémon league does realize that not everyone that comes out of the Academy to take a gym tour isn’t a five-year-old, right?” I asked.

“That is why the Sunflora you’re looking for aren’t limited to the Yard. The whole town is your playground.” I couldn’t help but to look back towards the town. The streets, buildings, gardens, trees, nearly everything that spanned for miles within the city…suddenly I regret my choice of words. They can be anywhere in town. “…you have got to be kidding.”

“You’ll be looking for ten Sunflora throughout Artazon. You won’t have to battle them and you can distinguish them by little Violet and Orange band collars. They won’t be hiding in any buildings, but that’s about all you get. You have until sundown.”

“…suddenly rolling gigantic rubber olives doesn’t sound so bad.” I said to myself. I took out my SNAG and took a look at the clock. Until sundown? That’s 10 hours to scour the city and wrangle a bunch of Sunflora. As I looked at the map of the city, I took notice to the fact that this place was in one gigantic circle, kind of like Lumiose. Everything expands out from a pavilion and a gigantic windmill. Even knowing they weren’t going to be inside any building of any kind, that is still a lot of ground to cover. I needed to get started sooner than later.

As I left, going back down the path out of the Sunflora Yard, all I could imagine doing was effectively try to work on the outer edges of town and work my way in. This was all based on the assumption of course the Sunflora were not going to constantly change hiding spots around town. Just go in a tight spiral as best as I can around town and work my way towards the center. It was probably my best shot, but the time is still probably going to be rather tight.

Finally leaving the yard, I started for the outer edge of town, but much to my confusion, as I cleared the yard and started to go around, I noticed something I hadn’t noticed when I came in the yard. One of my targets…asleep. Propped itself against a giant wood carving of a Sunflora outside the gates of the yard. I couldn’t help but to stare in confusion for a moment, checking the clock on my SNAG once more to see what time it was here in Paldea then stashed the SNAG once more. “…I have never heard of a Sunflora that is not a morning plant.” I said. “I don’t know if you’re lazy or a gimme by the yard.” I then walked over and nudged the Sunflora with my foot. “Hey, wake up.”

“Sun? Flooora?”

“Wake up. I’m supposed to find you and others, right? Get up. Making sure I got the whole lot of you.” I said.

“Sun-flora-flora?”

“……no, you’re not sleeping in. Get up or the next shower you are going to have is going to be arctic cold.” I said, charging my ice beam, already starting to lose patience. The threat made the Sunflora’s eyes go wide, a rare sight in and of itself. I am starting to hope not all the Sunflora are like this one. Getting the Sunflora to follow me, I started my way off towards the outer edge of the city.

With the various foot traffic and buildings about the town, getting around and trying to keep up with a whole bouquet of Sunflora was going to be a bit problematic. It almost left me to wonder if these Sunflora will blend in with actual trainer owned Pokémon. Its not as if Sunflora were all that distinct other than with those collars they got on.

“Do you guys just go for random hiding spots or do you have some place assigned to you?”

“Sun-flora.”

“……don’t know. Let me guess. You always found the opportunity just to leave just to outside of the yard and not go beyond that.”

“Sun-flora-flora.”

“That’s not exactly anything to be proud of.” I said rather deadpan. What the hell is with this one in particular. This is perhaps the most slothful Sunflora I have ever dealt with.

“I continued to go about down, past various houses and vendors out on the streets, trying to find some sign that a Sunflora was nearby, but so far no luck. Given what I was feeling out of this Sunflora, I had the feeling that they’re not going to be able to be sensed with my instinctual senses either. Their general pressure was generally low, probably deliberately so. I’m probably not the first avian hybrid, let alone one that could sense pressures, they had to deal with, so they did whatever they could to maintain the challenge all they could. Either that or this Sunflora following me was a small fry.

Moving around the street corners, down sidewalks, past various venders selling their food or knick-knacks, I eventually ended up at some sort of park. Various stone statues, shaped like squares with a hole in the middle were mounted. I took notice, seeing a little plaque mounted to a bar that was embedded into the ground. It was a work of art, apparently. In fact, all of these squares were. Stone carved…into rounded square donuts. “….God, I don’t understand modern art.” I sighed to myself. I try to be more cultured than this, admittedly…but my God, what am I to make out of rounded square white donuts? Before I managed to walk off, I noticed something. A light snoring sound… “…?” I got curious, finding it odd…at worse, I figured there was just some homeless guy around. It wasn’t…in one of the donut statues, I noticed a Sunflora dozing the morning away. And as I kept studying it, there was the orange and violet collar. “…you guys get bored easily, don’t you?” I asked the one that followed me from the yard.

“Sun-floraaa.”

“Hey. Get up. Time to go.” I said. “I’m not coming back for you. Get up.” The stone donut woke up, seeing me then slid off the sculpture, joining its friend nearby. “Hopefully the rest of you guys will be out in the open like this…it’ll make life easier.”

Once again, I made my way off around, past the art works…only to find more art works. Now that I was looking at it, it seemed like the entire perimeter of the city was lined with various works on display. Or at least it felt like it. Though instead of more stone donuts, they were statues of Sunflora. All in the same pose. I stared at it…a mournful one. A rather sad looking one. I humored the thought, looking up out towards the sky where the Sunflora was looking and I realized something. It was looking in the path of a sunset…not sunrise like what a Sunflora would be. I found another plaque with the name. ‘Surrendering Sunflora’. Oh wait, I heard about this…this is it? Surrendering to what though? At least whatever it is, it’s been given a lot more thought than stone donuts.

My senses started to trip just then. A presence close by. I looked around, not seeing anything really other than the whole row of Surrendering Sunflora statues. “….?” I followed the statues down until I finally stopped at one. “…..really?” I asked. One of these Sunflora wasn’t like the other. This one just didn’t belong. Though I had to admit, unlike the other two Sunflora with me…this one…is actually doing work. By not moving. Still as the statues its lined up with. The more I stared at it, I ended up having to surrender a slight laugh. I had to admit…that was kind of funny. “Alright, jig’s up, pal. Get down.”

“Sun-flora.” It spoke, hopping off the pedestal and joining the others.

With three down, I finally made my way off some more then took out my SNAG to check the clock and started to look a little dismayed. Three Sunflora and I already wasted about a couple of hours somehow. Worse, I haven’t made a lap around the city as of yet. This wasn’t good. Though, if the rest of the Sunflora were on this outer peremeter, then maybe I can find them in short order. But if I am caught up having to find Sunflora trying to mix in with art works, this might be a bit troublesome. Now that I thought about it…that’s the trick around here, isn’t it? The Sunflora was the excuse to the bigger picture. Its all art here. It’s a freakin’ art tour. The city as the museum. Sundown was closing time. I couldn’t help but to face palm at myself. This is not what I expected as a gym trial at all.

I continued on to scour the city, with what I hoped was a clue in tow. I probably didn’t need to circle the city like I originally thought I did. Followed by the Sunflora, I eventually found the flower garden, carefully planted and colors separated to make a picture to be seen from above. A Sunflora was hiding in the flower bed, just as I suspected. Following a path from there, moving around town, I was continuing to test my theory. I found my way off to what appeared to be a garden hedge maze. The maze wasn’t that maze like, probably to help prevent tourists from just getting outright lost. But there were actually three more in the maze, one that was posing as another Surrendering Sunflora statue. Another one in an arboretum in the center of the maze. One that was dozing off at a dead end on the far side of the maze.

Going through the maze ate up a fair bit of time, much to my chagrin. It wasn’t so much in trying to find the Sunflora in the maze. Truthfully, I kind of cheated that part by flying up and looking down towards the maze. The problem was trying to not only realize what way I needed to go with my feet on the ground, it was trying to corral all the Sunflora and guide them all out. Just the Sunflora that I had with me was a pain in the butt to get them through the maze and hope to God they didn’t separate from me when I was trying to find ourselves out of the maze. To say the least, they did. I could only hope this was about as frustrating as it got in the city.

Rushing about the city, the hours continued to tick by and I eventually found three more. One was posing as another Surrendering Sunflora statue on a pier over a park pond, another one hidden at a artistic mural on the other side of that same pond, then finally one at a nearby play park, stowed away under a play fort, around where a children’s slide was at. So far so good, I suppose, but now I was one short. I once again took out my SNAG and started to realize the time. Not only I ended up skipping lunch at this point, I started to realize it was starting to get into the evening hours. Sundown was going to be in a little over an hour. “Son of a…are you serious?” Apparently, even with that clue in mind, I ended up having to scour the entire city for them…at this point, I could have sworn I had. I didn’t see any other one. “Blast it.” Was the clue a red herring? Was it only a coincidence they were in those spots other than the lazy one from this morning? If that was the case, then I would need to start over and comb this city again. Try to figure out where haven’t I looked.

I quickly corralled the Sunflora and started to make my way off back for the center of town; I checked around the off beaten paths, the various other gathering spots, the Pokémon Center, even the practice court where I trained my Pokémon and fought those Star thugs last night. Still no luck. This last one was making it difficult for me. I once again checked my SNAG, looking at a map of the area. There were a few spots across town that I happened to not check on my first pass around there under the assumption that it was art they were hiding in. I didn’t have much time at that point. I needed the shortest route I could. I quickly scoured the map and then figured out perhaps maybe what I assumped to be the shortest path to get to the other side of town. This was my last attempt…I was probably not going to have enough time to go anywhere else. Heck, just maybe making it back to the Yard was going to be tight if I so happened to have found the Sunflora right then.

I started to rally the Sunflora once again, trying to make sure they kept moving. I rushed down a nearby street and started to cut through one alley after another. It was about the best shot that I had to make it across town. I turned a corner and then I skidded to a stop. “…you have got to be freakin’ kidding me.” It was a wall. Sure, it would have meant nothing to me…but to nine other Sunflora…yea. I’d have to lead them around again and try to find another way. I once again pulled out my SNAG. This alley wasn’t really showing up on the map in any capacity. At that point I ended up sighing, feeling resigned. This was the screw up I couldn’t have afforded in this gym trial.

“Sun-flora.” I perked up, looking down at one of the sunflora, but then had a realization about something. Looking back behind me, I noticed the rest of the sunflora and started to stare at them rather odd. “…1…2…3………wait, ten?” I then looked down at the Sunflora right by me. Practically double taking, even Triple-taked in fact, until it finally clicked. “You little scamp! Really!? Get in line! You’re going back to the yard.”

“SUN-FLORA!” the grass Pokémon shouted, defiant.

“Don’t.” I said, warning the Sunflora.

“SUN-FLORA-FLORA!” The plant hopped back, it wanted a fight.

“Of course you do…” I said, taking out a PokéBall. “Cubchoo! Get to it!” I called out, tossing out the ball.

Once the ball landed, the ball pops open, and a flash of light came forth. “Cubchaa!” Cubchoo cried out upon released, followed by a sneeze and its long dangling frosty snot to hang from its nose. I did not have time for this. If this Sunflora wanted to fight, I was going to make this quick as possible. I still had to corral it and the other Sunflora back across town to the yard.

“Sun-flora!” The Sunflora shook its head then with mouth open wide, fired off a hard flurry of seeds, rapid fire.

“Cubchoo! It’s a Bullet Seed! Move it!” Cubchoo tried to run off, but there wasn’t that much room in this alley. Dive and duck as Cubchoo tried to do, the Sunflora eventually hit its mark in short order, pelting Cubchoo.

“Cubchoo! Icy Wind!” I shouted.

“CUB-CHAAA!” The Cubchoo retaliates, pushing through then breathes out a harsh biting wind towards the Sunflora. The Sunflora yelped out as the stinging ice bore down on the grass Pokémon, causing a fair deal of damage. It started to tremble from the cold overtaking it.

“There! Move in! Ice Punch!” I then shouted. Cubchoo then quickly rushed in, its arm starting to frost up fiercely. As the Sunflora managed to get over the icy sensation all over it, it was greeted to a icy paw straight to its face. The Sunflora started to frost over as it gets sent flying backwards. It went into a tumble only to be forcefully stopped by the nearby alley wall.

The Sunflora shook its head, reeling from the attack, but then managed to pull itself back back to its feet. “Oh you’ve got to be kidding. Buddy, if I have to carry your unconscious self all the way back to the yard, I will do it. I do not have time for this.”

“Sunflora!” The Sunflora defiantly yelled. The Sunflora then with a furious waiving of its arms, fired off a flurry of flurry of Razor Leaves towards Cubchoo. Once again, Cubchoo couldn’t help but to just hold steady and take the hit with not much room to dodge in this alleyway. “Cubchoo! Use Slash attack!” I then shouted.

Cubchoo pushed himself through the Razor Leaf attack, claws out then started to swipe away at the Sunflora. The Sunflora tried to weave about to avoid the attack, but Cubchoo stayed well on the Sunflora’s case, managing to give it a furious Slash and drove it to the ground once more. This time, it wasn’t getting up.

“…was that worth it? Or…were you told to do that?” I then asked. But with the Sunflora out, I wasn’t getting an answer, for certain. I sighed then went over, picking the Sunflora up off the ground and carried it in my arms. “If I ever have to deal with Sunflora again, it will be too soon.” I said. “Alright, the rest of you. Move! We don’t have time to stall, we’re heading back to the yard.”

Me and the gaggle of Sunflora made our way out of the alley and started to make our way back to the Yard. I ended up having to go in a bit of a jog because time was tight and I was doing all I could to get back in time. I would have loved to go faster, but between making sure the Sunflora stayed together and following me, I would probably out run these guys too easily.

It took effectively the rest of the time I had but I finally made it back to the yard with perhaps only a few minutes to spare. “Oh, I see these Sunflora had fun.”

“Depends on your definition of fun. Either way…this one had a little too much…’fun’.” I said, handing over the knocked out Sunflora to the yard attendant.

“Ah yes, this one tends to prefer getting into Pokémon battles than actually hiding.”

“…I’ve noticed…” I said.

“I’ll call ahead and let the gym know that you have succeeded in the gym trial. Check in at the gym and they’ll take care of you there.” I stared at the downed Sunflora in confusion, something the attendant took notice to. “Don’t worry about this one…this happens all the time.”

“Wait, you mean the battle I had with it wasn’t part of the test?” I said to her. “That’s…worrying.”

“Oh, heh, its just something we roll with. If trainers couldn’t beat one rogue Sunflora, what chance they have against the gym leader anyways?”

“………you’re…not wrong.” I said. “Thanks…” I then walked off away from the attendant as she guided the bunch into the yard, probably to turn in for the night considering. I figured to go find the nearest Pokémon Center before I went after the gym. At the very least to make sure Cubchoo didn’t get extensively hurt somewhere. I wanted to give the Gym Leader no quarter if I could help it.

As I continued on, I once again passed one of the Surrendering Sunflora statues, the solemn look of the flower as it looked out towards the skies. Just as I thought earlier, it was staring at the Sunset, as opposed to the sunrise. For whatever odd reason, I found myself compelled to think for a moment. I was left wondering why in the world is this a ‘surrendering’ sunflora. Maybe it wasn’t so much as ‘surrendering’ as it was ‘resigning’ itself. Something bad was happening. It clearly isn’t happy the sun is going away…but…these artists usually went into some deeper meaning. Whatever the case, this piece is apparently the most famous in Paldea, at least for the time being. “…hmm…” I just shook my head and started to continue on to the Pokémon Center.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:47 pm
Reno would spare a glance towards what Crystal was staring at, fully prepared to keep going on past this to some other building when he managed to actually read the sign for the building. "Huh. We really need to pay more attention to our surroundings." He said, slowly walking through the doors to see what looked like an average reception area. Was this all they needed to do for Gyms around here? Take a number at the counter and be seen for their fight in the order they grabbed? Well, all he had to do was go to the front desk there. "Hey there. This is our first time but me and my two friends outside would like to....sign up for a Gym Battle?" He asked, staring towards a fairly ordinary looking brown haired man in a suit.

"Ah yes. Good timing. I will just take down your names and since you're a group, it will make the prerequisite challenge even easier. Especially given the unique looks all three of you are sporting. Perfect for it entails." The receptionist told Reno, quickly bringing a form up and handing it to the cyborg. "Now, just get those two to sign the form once our Gym Leader and her new protege's introduction is done. Guess she couldn't wait after seeing her new likely challengers."

"Introduction? What do you-"

---- Outside of the Gym ----

"Ladies aaand gentlemens! It's time for the Iono Zone!" A high pitched girly voice erupted, simultaneously from the speakers and the person who quickly rounded the corner to face the two hybrids down. Clad in a massive yellow and black oversized jacket with sleeves that could hide your average Pikachu, a single thigh high sock on her right leg, and a pair of pale pink and blue Magnemite hair clips, the woman would slide to halt in front of them. Giving a shake that sent her two massive light pink and blue ponytails swinging, she continued without giving Crystal or Aden room to speak. "Hey, hey, heyyy! Your eyeballs are MINE - caught in my Electroweb! Whosawhatsit? Iono! I'm the Gym Leader here! 'Ello, 'ello, hola! Ciao and bonjour"

Following behind her would be a very different-looking woman, hair shaved and dyed with red streaks into an undercut with bangs that swept over her forehead and eyes. Wearing a high cut black leather jacket, a bright white crop top with a purple and black logo on one side, wristbands covered in metal studs, a pair of cut-off black jean shorts with a chain from the right pocket to a belt loop on her left hip, and a pair of red and black tights that looked distressed and slight torn in spots, she stood in a stark contrast to the more clean and cutesy look Iono sported. "hear to catch an ear with her soul rending arias! I'm Aria Glissando, Diva of Snagem!" She shouted with gusto, sweeping her bangs out of her eyes to look over towards the newest challengers to the Gym she had recruited herself to. And finding herself staring directly towards two very familiar people outside the Gym building and one walking out the door holding the waiver for this Gym Challenge.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:43 am
"I mean, it makes sense," Aden remarked, thinking nothing of the whole thing. "Sweet and salty's a good mix, but usually one doesn't think of ice cream being involved. Really, it was too weird for me not to give it a shot. Don't let it worry you too much. Though, er..."

His remark aside, the building stuck out to him, even among the... everything around Levincia. First impressions of the city reminded him a little of Goldenrod and Olivine put together, but far more willing to embrace the bleeding edge of technology. And perhaps a little irony, given Snagem's own technology being as close as it was. "Guess that would be it, huh? Even with everything else, it looks a little out of place... er, Reno, shouldn't we all-"

Before Aden could finish that thought, he'd jump from the sudden high-pitched voice from the speakers... and earshot too from its source coming around the corner.

"...go in...?" In the moment, he practically did a double take to make sure who he was seeing was an actual person. Compared to everyone else he'd seen in the city- generally normal attire, with a good amount of it sporting some character in the same design he saw now- she stuck out like the sorest thumb in possibly all of Paldea and had a strong argument for also being the most extra. He didn't get a chance to ask Crystal if maybe she was the gym leader before the woman revealed herself as just that, and for a brief moment, he was thankful for the confirmation without compromising anything.

But also, maybe, the immense pressure from the last such time wasn't so bad...

"Uh, hi...?" He finally asked, looking at Crystal as he tried to regain his composure. The look on his face suggested that maybe the trio would need an adult, also knowing they all were and some modicum of hope was to be abandoned here. That look would manage to become a little exasperated after seeing Aria and her own introduction, unable to stop himself from the remark that followed.

"Oh god, this is where she disappeared to... and where have I heard that intro before?"  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:51 pm
I found my way over to the Pokémon Center and had Cubchoo checked over. A couple of scratches and whatnot, but nothing egregious at all. With a clean bill of health, I felt ready to check back in to the Pokémon Gym and finally take on the gym leader. Making my way across town, I finally made it back to the Pokémon Gym and checked in. The receptionist directed me off to the pavilion at the center of town; one that was near by a giant windmill. I knew where she was talking about. I ended up running by it several times today alone trying to hunt for those Sunflora. Once making it to the pavilion, I climbed the steps and made my way to the top.

The pavilion was similar to the one in Cortondo. A large gigantic battlefield that had its fair share of battles. Though it had its own personal Artazon flair. Surrounding the battlefield were flowers, artistically and expertly arranged around the outer exterior of the battlefield. Overlooking the battlefield was the gigantic windmill, the centerpiece of the entire town that overlooked not just the battles before it, but all that goes on through the town, from the bustling of the shopping districts to the admiration of the art, all was within the windmill’s ‘view’. Just as in Cortondo, there were a few people here looking out, admiring the flowers perhaps. Others having conversations between themselves.

“Salutations, voyageur!” I perked up, quickly looking around then looked up towards the windmill, staring confused but more so shocked at what I was looking at. Someone was at the top, waiving down towards me. I quickly looked around to make sure that this crazy loon wasn’t addressing someone else, but it did in fact look like he was talking to me. With all said, he did get the attention of the other people on the pavilion.

“Uh, do I need to go up there and-“ Before I got to finish that sentence, the mad man jumped down from the top of the windmill, my eyes going wide. I couldn’t help but to stand shocked, quickly moving in, but in this crazed maniac’s descent, he pulled out what appeared to be a whip from his side and gave it a hard flick, having it wrap up in one of the railings that made up the windmill’s blades, halting his descent for a second, but getting swung upwards by the sheer momentum. He would pull down and flick the whip, releasing himself from the blade and went back down. He managed to catch the next blade down and guided himself towards the windmill’s walls, running on the wall, guided by the whip, displaying all manner of dexterity and absurd agility for a human. He would once again release his whip and gave a hard leap off the wall, flipping over and landing close by me, a perplexed look stuck on my face. He would stand up right, combing his fingers through his hair on his way up and then looked over towards me with a confident smile.

“Brassius!” One of the locals shouted. It got the attention of all that was on the pavilion. Applause and cheers abound for such a reckless stunt by this man. Taking a better look…he looked to be a slender man. Thick head of hair that was effectively a mop. An odd choice in shirt, where the dark magenta clashed with olive-colored fasteners. A belt, shaped like a thorny rose stem, perhaps to compliment the whip which he holstered next to him which now that I looked at it also had large thorns on it for…reasons. Tight leather pants and shoes. Dominatrix, much?

“I received word that you were coming. I am Brassius. Artist both on the battlefield and off. Specializing in grass type Pokémon here in Artazon. I have been witnessing you from atop the windmill. Its rather hard to ignore when there is a specimen such as yourself. And the perception you displayed in finding the Sunflora…oh, how shall I describe it. Quite underwhelming.” Brassius stated.

“I had to look for a bunch of Sunflora in a massive town in a day.” I said, offended. “That wasn’t to take into consideration that I was trying to find some sort of hint to find them faster. It looked like for a while there that I had to find them amongst the art all over town, but one at the end debunked that notion. Honestly, given that what I heard of you and the fact that the majority of them was hidden in the art or was posing as art, until that last one, I thought for a while that you were having me to go on a gallery tour.”

Brassius ended up going silent for a moment, looking away. One could see the cogs turn within the artist’s mind. “That…is a fine idea.” He said musing. He gave a slight gasp out, as if he was trying to stifle a laugh. “I…never once thought about that.”

“Wait, what?” I asked, eyes narrowing. This guy was starting to throw me for a loop.

“Yes! I should discuss having the trial modified from here out. The idea is such avant-garde!”

“…I didn’t suggest-“

“Come now, just think. Those who take part of the gym challenge tours the city, bearing witness to beautiful art of the ages. Maybe have them play the role of a critic. No! A Curator! Yes!” I continue to stare stupefied at the artist. “Come now, do you not think this a fine idea?”

“No! I was practically raised on going through a few trainers then the gym leader!” I said. “I AM one of the trainers other trainers have to go through in a gym!”

“Mmm…how utterly boorish. And in that attitude, you perhaps didn’t give any mind the art that you ended up coming across. The deeper meanings each piece had. Each handcrafted work of art meticulously cultivated from the depths of the human psyche.”

“Probably the only one that I humored was that Surrendering Sunflora that you seem to have plastered all over the place.” I said. “Perhaps the only one, honestly, just to say that I did. I couldn’t honestly take anything like those gigantic square stone donuts seriously.” I told him.

“Is that so? And what is it that you surmised from my Surrendering Sunflora work, if anything.” He said, a hand to his hip, a look that he dared me to say something only for him to humiliate.

I only crossed my arms. “I found it odd why you had Sunflora statues to bear witness in the direction of sunsets instead of sunrises. For that matter, why the Sunflora looked forlorn. Resigned. I’m guessing that you were in a rather dark place when you made that piece. Perhaps your last stand in getting something good out there. Maybe you were losing all manner of hope in something. Maybe you were expecting an end to something that you didn’t want to end.”

“…I suppose you are not fully out of touch after all.” Brassius stated. “You’re right on all accounts, in fact. I was in a rather dark place. I was gravely ill when I attempted to make that piece.” He’d walk over towards a nearby railing to look out over towards the city, looking over in the general direction where a couple of the Surrendering Sunflora statues stood out still looking towards the sunset. “On top of that I was a failing artist. Despite putting every bit of my heart and soul into my work, my works were not getting any recognition. It only spurred me to work harder to find my magna opus as it were. My health deteriorated in this pursuit. So much in fact that at that point that I had decided that I would make Surrendering Sunflora my final work if it too failed and didn’t get the recognition I thought it, let alone all my works, deserved. I perhaps would have quit sooner if it weren’t for an old friend of mine spurred me to keep going…albeit, not at the expense of my own health, mind. I will admit some of that is self-inflicted. Surrendering Sunflora is what came of that dark time and now it is perhaps, oddly, my most famous work.”

I continued to stand there, listening attentively to the artist. I was reminded about something that was told to me back in Cortondo, by Katy, specifically. Each one of these gym leaders have their own passions they pursue first and foremost over the gym. Brassius was no different. He wanted his art career to take off and almost killed himself doing it. I couldn’t help but to look down at the floor for a moment. Something bothered me just then, as if something started to resonate there, but I wasn’t sure as to why. Did I started to feel as if I could relate? I wasn’t sure.

The referee finally arrived to the battlefield starting to take his position. Brassius turned away from the view then looked back at me. “Well, enough of painting images of my history. You’re here for a gym battle, yes? Let’s proceed to make art.”

The each of us took our positions on the battlefield. The spectators were primed and ready to witness a battle unfold. “This is an official Pokémon League Gym Challenge between Blizzard of Mahogany Town of the Jhoto Region versus Brassius, the Artazon Gym Leader. Each competitor will only be allowed three Pokémon a piece in single battle format. Victory comes when either trainer’s Pokémon are no longer able to battle or one party concedes defeat. Are we clear?” I gave a nod to the referee, taking out a Pokéball and getting it at the ready.

“Let’s make this collaborative work of art spectacular for all to see!” Brassius shouted to me from across the battlefield. “Go! Dolliv!” The artist shouted, taking out a Pokéball and sent it out onto the battlefield. The ball flashed open and out came a Pokémon, not too tall, but real lean. Wore perhaps leaves or grass of some kind as if a robe. Two olives on the top of its head as if a hair accessory. It reminded me some of the olive Pokémon Cera got her hands on just before we separated. An evolved form, perhaps? Whatever the case, this is a gym leader’s Pokémon all the same. I had to go in with all cylinders firing.

“Vulpix!” I shouted, tossing out a Pokeball out onto the battlefield. The ball pops open in a flash and out came the Vulpix with the snow-white coat, ready for battle.

“Keeooo!” Vulpix howled out once on the field.

The two Pokémon squared off, staring each other down. “Dolliv versus Vulpix! Begin!” The ref shouted, ref throwing flags in the air, signaling all about this battle was on its way.

“Dolliv! Razor Leaf!” Brassius shouted.

“Vulpix! Move in!” I shouted after. Dolliv started to wave its vine like arms, unleashing a flurry of leaves off towards Vulpix. Vulpix started to dart about the battlefield, avoiding the natural blades that soon found themselves embedded into the battlefield. Vulpix, ever agile, kept alert, dodging and quickly pivoting, closing in on the grass Pokémon. “Vulpix! Aurora Beam!” I commanded. Averting another flurry of leaves, Vulpix lined up her shot and fired the rainbow-like frosty beam towards the Dolliv, blasting the grass Pokémon back. The Dolliv couldn’t help but to squeal out loud from the stinging ice attack.

“Dolliv! Show them your own colors! Magical Leaf!” The Dolliv quickly pushed itself back up, rolling backwards until it was back on its feet and immediately went to unleash a new flurry of leaves which shimmered in the sunlight, leaving a rainbow-like trail themselves as they hastily traveled towards Vulpix.

“Vulpix! Move!” Vulpix quickly darted off to the side, dodging by the leaves but then the leaves curved on around and started to go on hot pursuit of Vulpix. Once more, Vulpix dodged the assault, but then the Dolliv unleashed more and more of a Magical Leaf onslaught. Vulpix continued hectically to dodge until finally she was completely surrounded. The leaves crashed down, shredding into the snow fox.

“KEO!” Vulpix yelped out in pain.

“Now, Dolliv! Leech Seed!” Brassius commanded.

“Vulpix! Incoming!” The Dolliv started to shower down various seeds upon the Vulpix and despite her best efforts to get away, one of the seeds managed to catch Vulpix and vines started to instantly grow, wrapping and entangling itself about on Vulpix. Vulpix futally tries to bite away at the vines entangling it and trying to pull off the parasitic plant, it seemed as the moment that it manages to get a vine off, a couple of more starts growing in its place.

“Oh, not good…” I said. Now the pressure was on. Vulpix couldn’t fight like this and I had no means of recalling Vulpix lest I surrendered an active Pokémon. I had to see if Vulpix had it to out-damage whatever vitality this Dolliv was getting, and hopefully do it sooner than later. “Vulpix! Confuse Ray!” I then shouted. If nothing else, if Vulpix was going to try anything, I was probably going to need to keep this Dolliv off her case.

“Keo!” The Vulpix howled out, unleashing a sparkling flash of light which fell down upon the Dolliv. The Dolliv started to stagger about, finding itself heavily off balance. Confusion abound.

“Dolliv! Try another Magical Leaf!” Brassius then commanded.

The Dolliv tried to shake the stars in front of its eyes, giving a hard wave of its arms again. It did in fact do as commanded, but the leaves were flying all over the place with no sense of direction. “Vulpix! Try Icy Wind!” I then shouted.

Vulpix unleashed a harsh icy breath attack, blowing the biting gale across the battlefield. The ice bore in harshly into the Dolliv, blowing the confused grass Pokémon back, sending it into a tumble coming to rest face down on the ground. That was decent damage it looked but it wasn’t anywhere near enough. Especially as I watch Vulpix wince as it is feeling its energy getting siphoned off and sustained the Dolliv. Dolliv, still in its confusion managed to get back up.

“Dolliv! We’ve had enough winter murals! Bring the spring with a Seed Bomb!” The Dolliv, still trying to fight through its confusion managed to form a cluster of seeds and gave it a harsh toss.

“Vulpix! Watch it!” Despite the confusion and Vulpix’s attempt to run away, the bomb fell down close by to the Vulpix and exploded. Seeds went everywhere, tearing into Vulpix and sending the icy fox tumbling. “Vulpix! Are you alright!?”

Vulpix managed to push itself back up on its feet, but with the leech seed still on her case, she didn’t have long. The confusion wasn’t doing as much as I was hoping either. “Vulpix! Aurora Beam!” I then shouted. Vulpix once again fired off its icy rainbow shot, blasting the grass Pokémon once again.

“Dolliv! Try another Seed Bomb!” Brassius commanded. Still in its confused stupor it started to compile a bunch of seeds once more.

“Vulpix! Icy Wind!” I shouted.

Vulpix quickly rushed in and unleashed a harsh icy gust once more, the stinging ice bearing down the Dolliv, dropping its attack and getting blasted back, hurting itself in its confusion. “Perfect! Vulpix! Now Aurora Beam!” I then commanded.

“Dolliv! Look out!” Once more, the Grass Pokémon was blasted by the chilling beam as it tried to get up, but much to my chagrin, despite the momentum that we were getting, this grass Pokémon refused to stay down. Worse, now that I am noticing it, the Dolliv was shaking its head and had finally came back to its senses. The confusion had finally wore off and Vulpix wasn’t looking too good. The Leech Seed was still doing its job quite effectively.

“Are you better, Dolliv? Grand! Use Mega Drain!” He then shouted.

“Vulpix! Back off! Try another Icy Wind!” Vulpix tried to do as she was told, backing away trying to square up her shot with another attack. As Vulpix unleashed its icy attack, the fox tried to follow the Dolliv as it was running around. Vulpix then found herself at the end of her rope, having to cut off the attack. Too tired to keep at the icy assault. The Dolliv then started to rush in and jumped on the icy fox and started to drain away at what remained of Vulpix’s vitality. Vulpix laid out, passed out.

“Vulpix is unable to battle. Dolliv is the victor.” I couldn’t believe it. Brassius was actually showing himself to be a rather proficient gym leader. Even taking into consideration my Pokémon’s general inexperience, I had to admit I didn’t expect such resistance out of the gym leader. I have to admit that I might have underestimated them in general. Perhaps maybe I set too high of a bar about myself, maybe I compared them too much to the gyms back at home and around us like in Kanto or Hoenn…I don’t know. I might have gotten a bit elitist without realizing it until now. I ended up freezing for a moment; a slight moment of clarity just now. Was this what people those closest to me have been talking about this entire time?

“Blizzard!” The ref shouted. “Recall your Pokémon and resume the battle!” he’d warn.

“Oh, uh…sorry.” I recalled Vulpix back to her Pokeball. “Sorry Vulpix. You did well. This is on me.” I then stashed the ball and then took out a second ball. I had to make up for lost ground and if I wasn’t careful, the next Pokémon was going to end up the same way as Vulpix did. Effectively attritioned and worn down. “Alright then, go! Cubchoo!” I called out, tossing the ball out onto the battlefield. In a flash, Cubchoo appeared upon the battlefield.

“Cubchaa!” Cubchoo cried out, just before a sneeze and left a large icy snot to dangle for all to see.

“Dolliv versus Cubchoo! Begin!”

“Dolliv! Leech Seed!” Brassius was quick to command.

“Cubchoo! Frost Breath!” I then commanded. The Dolliv quickly gave a hard wave of her arms and unleashed the various seeds, but as the seeds started to fly, Cubchoo unleashed his chilling breath in the path of the seeds. The seeds froze in transit, falling to the bears feet. “Now, Cubchoo! Use Ice Punch!”

“Razor Leaf!” Brassius then commanded. Cubchoo frosted up his paws and started to run for the grass Pokémon. Dolliv then quickly started to take long strides back, giving a hard wave of her arms, but did so almost dance like, the more I watched. Cubchoo skidded to a stop and quickly started to duck about the leaves, trying to avert the natural blades that threatened to cut the bear into ribbons until one of the flurries managed to land its mark and threw the bear backwards. “Now, Dolliv! Seed Bomb!” He then commanded.

“Cubchoo! Incoming!” Cubchoo scrambled back to his feet and ran for it, taking a dive as the seed bomb blasted behind the bear.

“Cubchoo! Use Icy Wind!” I commanded. Cubchoo managed to once again pick himself back up and breathed out a chilling gust of wind, the stinging making the plant Pokémon shirk back from the icy attack. “Now, Cubchoo! Ice Punch!” I then shouted. Cubchoo took off as fast as he could towards the grass Pokémon, hands frosting up and ready to slug Dolliv.

“Magical Leaf!” Brassius commanded. The Dolliv leaped back, giving another wave of the arms, firing off the rainbow leaves towards Cubchoo. Seeing an opening, Cubchoo leaps through the leaves before they converged and did any damage, but as the leaves passed by each other they started to whip around and converge again, now starting to make their way to Cubchoo.

“Cubchoo! Behind you!” I shouted. Cubchoo quickly stopped and looked back, seeing the rainbow volley making its way towards Cubchoo. “Cubchoo! Forget the ice Punch! Icy Wind! Get those leaves off your case!” I shouted. Cubchoo ceased its attack on the Dolliv and turned back towards the onslaught of Magical Leaf started to speed towards the bear. Cubchoo unleashed his icy gale towards the leaves, managing to break up the attack for now.

“Dolliv! Seed Bomb!” Brassius then called out.

“God, never knew an artist that was relentless like this!” I said.

With the thorny whip taut in his two hands, he could only grin and reply. “Many artists truly fail without the drive for higher pursuits!”

Once again, the Dolliv formed a massive ball of seeds and fired it off towards Cubchoo. Before Cubchoo could have a chance to defend himself however, the bomb made impact with the battlefield and the bomb unleashed all manner of fury. Shrapnel like seeds and the blast blew Cubchoo back, causing a good deal of damage to the bear.

“Cubchoo! You alright!?” Cubchoo managed to get back up on his feet, feeing a bit sore. He was fine, but all the same this wasn’t good. The longer I kept dealing with this Dolliv, the worse it was going to be for me. “Cubchoo! Frost Breath!” Cubchoo breathed out the chilling attack once more towards the grass Pokémon which made the Dolliv make the run back to avoid the attack.

“Dolliv! Use Magical Leaf!” Another wave of leaves emerged from the Dolliv and they started to make their way towards Cubchoo.

“Cubchoo! Get in there! Close the gap!” Cubchoo once again tried to move in on the Dolliv, avoiding the Magical leaves but the Dolliv were in full control of the leaves and once again the rainbow flurry was in hot pursuit of the bear. “Cubchoo! Get down!” Cubchoo dived just just in time, having the leaves fly over him. Dolliv quickly waved her arms around once more, the Magical Leaves following the motions. They curved around and went back towards Cubchoo once again. “Cubchoo! Icy Wind!” Once again, I found myself having to get Cubchoo back on the defensive to fend off the incoming attack.

“Dolliv! Leech Seed!”

“Freakin’ hell…Cubchoo! Move!” The Dolliv fired its seeds and they started to rain down. Cubchoo quickly scrambled managing to avoid the attack, if only barely. Brassius was doing a hell of a job having Dolliv play keep away.

“Dolliv, Razor leaf!” Brassius commanded

“Ice Punch! Power through!” I then shouted. The Dolliv fired its flurry of leaves that started to cut into the bear. Cubchoo, teeth gritted, powered his way through the attack and got within striking distance of the Dolliv. With paws frosted up, Cubchoo lunged at Dolliv, slugging the grass type with his fierce icy strike.

“Dolliv!” Brassius shouted, his composure now rocked from the harsh strike. With the various icy attacks between Vulpix and Cubchoo, Dolliv had finally succumbed to the ice.

“Dolliv is unable to battle! Cubchoo wins this round!” The referee called out.

“There we go! Good work, Cubchoo!”

“Cub-cha!” Something then started to stir with Cubchoo just then and in that moment. Cubchoo started to glow fiercely there upon the battlefield. Before Brassius, the spectators, the ref, and myself, Cubchoo started to grow.

“Son of a…heh, you actually had it in you. Told you.” I said. As soon as the light died out, there stood a large proud bear with its snow-white fur and a beard of ice.

“BRRAAAWWWRRRR!” the freshly evolved Pokémon roared out. Cubchoo had evolved to Beartic.

“My…an unexpected turn of events. The truest form of art: through adversity comes change and growth. Avantgarde. I suppose that I suppose to respond in kind.” Brassius stated, recalling the Dolliv back to its Pokeball, taking out another Pokéball. “Steenee!” Brassius called out, tossing out the second ball. The ball bursts open and out came another grass Pokémon. I was more familiar with this Pokémon incidentally; first dealings of that Pokémon courtesy of Alola. This might work out in my favor…or in theory. Despite having now a powerful bear at my command, it wasn’t as if the damage actually would go away. Beartic could still be taken out just based on how that Dolliv attritioned the hell out of my Pokémon as they did. Not to mention, Beartic wasn’t aware of what he might be capable of. He isn’t going to get any opportunity to actually get adjusted to his new state like Combuskin did after he evolved. This is actually a little dicey the more I thought about it.

“Beartic versus Steenee! Begin!” The ref called out.

“Steenee! Use Trailblaze!” Brassius commanded.

“You what now?” I couldn’t help but to ask. Trailblaze? The hell was that? I was going to soon find out as the Steenie started to rush about the field, a trail of grass started to grow in its wake. Faster and faster the Steenee went, it was practically skating on grass by the way it looked which confused Beartic as much as it did me. “Beartic! Use Ice Punch!” I shouted.

“BRAWR!” The bear roared. The bear would turn and drive a mighty frosted fist down towards the Steenee, but all he could manage to hit was the grass that grew right behind it, making a large ice patch.

“Go, Steenee!” Brassius commanded. The Steenie quickly turned about and sped off towards Beartic and slammed right into the side of the bear. Beartic roared out, stumbling a bit, eventually falling over. He wasn’t used to his newfound large girth. With a growl, Beartic got up off the ground and started to tried to keep eyes on the Steenee as it started rushing about the battlefield.

“Just hang tight, Beartic! No need to rush this! Try an Icy Wind!” I then commanded.

Beartic got on all fours just then and breathed out a harsh chilly wind, bigger than what he ever could have done as a Cubchoo. The chilling wind rushed across the battlefield and managed to trip up the Steenee. As the stinging ice started to drill into the grass Pokémon, Steenee was trying to hold on tight onto the battlefield, trying not to get blown away by the chilly attack. Steenee started to shiver from the harsh attack.

“Steenee! Energy Ball!” Brassius then commanded.

The Steenee managed to stand back up, trying to withstand the icy wind that was bearing down on it, and formed a dense ball of light. With a loud defiant squeal out of the Steenee, the grass Pokémon fired it towards the Beartic. “Beartic! Incoming!” Beartic would stop the attack but before he could get out of the way, the bear gets pelted by the attack.

Reeling from the attack, Brassius saw his move. “Steenee! Use Low Sweep!” He then shouted.

The Steenee quickly rushed in then dove down feet first. Beartic found himself getting the feet literally kicked out from under him and he hit the ground rather harshly. The damage was becoming all too prevelant now; Beartic was suddenly having a hard time getting up off the ground. “Now! Another Trailblaze!”

The Steenie quickly went on the attack once more, skating with grass trailing behind it, making the mad dash towards the bear. “Beartic! Here it comes! Slash attack!” With a furious roar, the bear gave a hefty slash towards the incoming Steenie. The grass Pokémon went completely wide eyed, quickly abandoning its trailblaze and purposely fell backwards to get low to the ground, avoiding the large swipe from the bear.

“Beartic! Flail!” I then commanded. The Beartic pivoted as best as it could, rushing for the Steenee on all fours.

“Steenee! Look out!” Brassius shouted. Steenee once again looked in shock as the large hulking bear barreled towards it. As the bear lunged and swiped, thrashed and rampaged, the Steenee continued to duck and weave. Jumping over the punches and dived through Bearartic’s legs as the bear tried to drive both of his arms down towards the battlefield floor when Beartic intended to smash the plant Pokémon. My eyes started to narrow. I wanted to say that Beartic was too tired at this point and while that was a factor, the bigger problem was still the fact that Beartic wasn’t used to his new state yet. Not to mention, he was a big, bulky bear now trying to pound away at a tinier, more flexible, gym leader trained Grass Pokémon. Part of me wished that he evolved until AFTER the battle, but it was what it was.

“Steenee! Use Razor Leaf!” Brassius shouted.

“Beartic! Look out!” The Steenee started to toss all manner of leaves towards Beartic. Beartic tried to brace for the attack as the leaves started to shred into the bear. Beartic wasn’t going to be able to take much more; I could effectively feel it. “Beartic! Icy Wind!” I then shouted. Beartic once again started to blow its chilling wind, blowing the remaining flurry of leaves that was coming towards it and the attack continued to rush towards the Steenee. The Steenee squealed out in pain as the ice bore into the grass type and it started to shiver and feel numb from the cold.

“Steenee, hurry! Trailblaze out of there!” Brassius then commanded. The Steenee quickly started to skate off once again then started to make a beeline for the bear, poised to finish Beartic off.

“Beartic! Icicle Crash!” I then commanded. One thing that I knew about Beartic is some of what they were supposed to be capable of upon evolving. Evolutions tend to lend towards new possibilities. Beartic reached up above his head and suddenly a massive chunk of ice started to form between his arms. As the Steenee tried to rush for the bear, the Steenee quickly skidded to a stop as Beartic tried to smash the mighty ice attack down upon the Steenee. Tried as Beartic might, he didn’t hit his mark. The Steenee stopped short of getting flattened by the powerful ice attack. But I didn’t care if Beartic hit anyways. “Flail!” I then shouted.

The Beartic then smashed through the newfound mound of snow and ice, the icy debris flew everywhere, making the Steenee shirk back as Beartic plowed through it to get at the smaller grass Pokémon. Unlike last time, however, the Steenee wasn’t getting away that easily. Not anymore. That moment of hesitation and surprise left her wide open. The bear started to smash away, ravaging the Steenee with brutal force. Every swat and slash, stomp and smash of Beartic’s Flail attack landed its mark in a brutal fashion just as any bear would have. With one final swipe, the Steenee was sent back towards Brassius. The grass Pokémon tumbled upon hitting the battlefield floor then finally came to rest. The Steenee wasn’t getting up.

“Steenee is unable to battle! This round goes to Beartic!” the ref called out.

“Nice work, Beartic!” Beartic wanted to celebrate, if only a little bit, but he was severely in pain right now. Tired. He was trying to steel himself for another fight, but he wasn’t going to last too much longer. Beartic performed outstanding today. It was all I could ask for.

“Return, Steenee.” Brassius stated, recalling the grass Pokémon back to its Pokeball and then took out one final one. “I must commend you. Apparently, you do know how to make art upon the battlefield. A skill obviously honed for years. However, even in battle, there are the critics…now behold! Go!” He tossed out the Pokeball. Intently I watched the ball hit the battlefield, bracing myself for whatever that might come out. Truthfully, I was expecting the worst. Maybe a Ludicolo? That’d ruin my day for sure. In a flash, the Pokémon materialized there upon the battlefield and I couldn’t help but to stare completely dumbfounded.

“Sudo-woodo!” The Pokémon cried out upon appearing.

A Sudowoodo? Really? What on earth is he doing with…wait. Katy didn’t really stick to all bug types herself. In fact, her last one was a Teddiursa that she did that terastal thing to make it a bug type. “…you are not honestly…” I started to say, staring deadpan at Brassius. I needed this Sudowoodo taken out. Now.

“Sudowoodo versus Beartic! Begin!” the ref shouted.

“Beartic! Icicle Crash!” I commanded.

“Stone Edge!” Brassius responded.

Beartic went back to form another massive ice attack, but the Sudowoodo, more fit and thus more quick on the draw slapped his branch-like stone arms down on the ground. Rocks erupted from the battlefield, wedging in and crushing Beartic in a near blink. Beartic was there, eyes wide and mouth agape, the attack doing catastrophic damage to the freshly evolved Pokémon. The stones then crumbled and Beartic fell forward, flopping furiously upon the battlefield and out cold.

“Beartic is unable to battle! Sudowoodo wins this round!” The ref announces. At this point, the crowd was enthralled in the battle. All eyes were waiting in anticipation. I knew what was about to come. I recalled Beartic back to his Pokeball, honestly a bit annoyed. Not so much as Beartic going down, no. But what was obviously going to happen. Ugh, I long for the days of simpler battles.

“Combusken! Get to it!” I called out. I tossed the Pokeball out and in a flash, out came Combusken, ready for battle.

“Com-ba-sken!” he crowed out.

“A Combusken? My, first the Vulpix native to Alola now a Combusken commonly found in Hoenn? You are well traveled. Able to take in all of the world’s splendors. I should travel more, honestly. Perhaps to get more inspiration for my works. While I do travel, its always on business and never for me. Or my career if I am being honest. Perhaps that had been part of my problem as to why it took so much out of me to create a breakout piece.”

“Possibly.” I said to him. “You mentioned you had a friend that spurred you on. Perhaps take the guy with you.”

“A wise idea. Avantgarde, even.” He said. “I do owe him quite a bit.”

“Final round!” The ref would then announce. “Combusken versus Sudowoodo! Begin!”

“Alas, speaking of work. This battle has been a work of art, but I do believe it is in need of a touch-up!” he then said, reaching back and taking out the familiar sparkling orb.

“Can someone just for the love of God just take things as is?” I asked.

“The greats don’t settle for average!” Brassius shouted. “I shall call this work ‘Truleewoodo, the Blaze’s adversary!’” He said, holding the Tera Orb out. It started to sparkle fierce, a rush of power collected within the orb and once the Orb was ready, Brassius gave it a toss towards his Sudowoodo. The Rock type suddenly became encased in crystal and in a surge of power exploded. There stood now a gem-encrusted Sudowoodo with a crown upon its head. Jewel like flowers sparkled on top of the Sudowoodo for all to see. The crowd around to spectate the battle cheered to the spectacle that unfolded before them.

“So, he’s a grass type now? That is how that works, right? Come on!” I shouted back. “You literally made an old, bad joke go full circle! Honestly, for years people mistaken Sudowoodo for a grass type and once civilization became smart enough to realize what they were doing, instead of taking them as they are, you people use the crap makes them into grass types!? What’s next? How about making Tangela and Tangrowth dark type for the closet dom get up you got going there? How about them Vine Whips, eh.”

“Everyone’s a critic.” Brassius stated, unamused. Oddly enough, I was left to question why he even went for this. He probably was better off trying to keep it as a Rock type. While Combusken’s fighting type attacks was probably going to get the better of it, I would have had to get Combusken up close and personal, something that Sudowoodo probably would have preferred, I’d assume. Not to mention, Rock Attacks normally would fare better than any Grass attack. Now, Brassius just left me to just try to burn the thing now and even an empowered grass attack, if this thing is naturally capable of doing them, shouldn’t do all that much. What was the game plan here? Well only one way to find out…

“Combusken! Fire Pledge!” I commanded. Combusken breathed in and unleashed a large plume of fire towards the terastalized Sudowoodo.

“Stone edge! Protect yourself, Sudowoodo!” Sudowoodo once again slapped the ground and a bunch of rocks jutted in front of the Sudowoodo. Fires rushed around the stones, shielding the Sudowoodo.

“Okay, screw it. Like you learned, Combusken! Brick Break!” I then shouted.

Combusken rushed over towards the rock formation and quickly drove a fist right into the rock, demolishing the Sudowoodo’s shield and plowing through the rocks and went for a beeline for the Sudowoodo.

“Sudowoodo! Use Body Press! Bring the fowl down!” Brassius commanded. As Combusken tried to swing in, Sudowoodo managed to weave off to the side, grappling Combusken.

“Combusken! No!” The Sudowoodo quickly jumped and much to my surprise practically flipped with Combusken in his arms. But only enough to bring Combusken under him and fiercely slammed and sandwiched Combusken on the battlefield floor, crushing Combusken under his weight. Once Sudowoodo was off of him, I could see Combusken writhing where he made impact. That was by no means kosher.

“Now, Sudowoodo! Wood Hammer!”

“SUDO!” The Sudowoodo shouted out as he raised his arms up. The crystal shell started to flash fiercely as power gathered into Sudowoodo’s arms.

“Combusken, move!” Combusken quickly managed to see what was happening and scrambled out of the way just as Sudowoodo slammed his arms down into the floor. The impact unleashed a harsh concussive force, blowing back Combusken head over heels, hitting the ground once again.

“Trailblaze, Sudowoodo! Don’t let him get away!” Brassius then shouted.

Once again, the Sudowoodo gathered power from the phenomenon that empowered it and quickly Sudowoodo started to gain speed as it started to rush for Combusken, a trail of sparkling grass growing, following his every move. “Combusken! Aerial Ace!” I shouted.

Combusken manages to get back up and charges at the Sudowoodo, leaping up and dove feet first down towards Sudowoodo. Combusken smashes into the Sudowoodo, driving him into the battlefield floor for once with a super effective blow and halting the Sudowoodo’s pursuit. Combusken jumps off of the body of Sudowoodo, and stood back for a second. Despite taking a rather fierce hit, Sudowoodo kicks up and gets back on his feet. “Figures…Combusken! Use Fire Pledge!” I then called out.

“Sudowoodo! Sucker Punch!” Brassius commanded. In a rare instance of speed out of any rock type such as Sudowoodo, it weaved away from the blaze and rushed in for Combusken, driving its ‘branch’ like arms right into Combusken! The blow was strong enough to halt Combusken’s attack.

“Combusken!”

“Sudowoodo, now! Wood Hammer!” Sudowoodo quickly rose his arms up once more, ready to drive Combusken down into the floor, the terastal power flaring up once more.

“Combusken! Brick Break!” I shouted. Combusken quickly managed to recover and drove his own fist into the body of the Sudowoodo, the once-Rock type Pokémon yelping out as the attack caught it dead on. The Sudowoodo ended up grasping around his front, cringing fiercely as he ended up stepping back.

“Now! Fire Pledge!” I then called out.

“Sudowoodo! Look out!” Brassius tried to warn. Unfortunately, there was no more dodging or shielding from the blow any more. Combusken unleashed another mighty plume of fire and blasted the Sudowoodo, engulfing the terastalized Pokémon in flames. Once the attack was over, the Sudowoodo was still standing, but it was not feeling the greatest after that.

“Hang on, Sudowoodo! This work is not yet over!” Brassius shouted. “Use Stone Edge!”

“Combusken! Look out!” As Sudowoodo slammed his arms down on the floor once more, Combusken jumped back as the massive rock attack erupted from the ground. “Now, Sudowoodo! Wood Hammer!” Brassius then shouted. Sudowoodo then rushed off towards the pile of rocks he formed, grass energy started to gather about him. With a mighty swing, Sudowoodo demolished the rocks, and unlike Combusken did before hand, the attack was practically shrapnel. Combusken had to turn away as the various rocks and debris started to pelt the Combusken. However, the attack wasn’t quite over as Sudowoodo rushed for Combusken and smashed its Wood Hammer attack against him. Combusken ended up getting sent flying across the battlefield a good way, hitting the ground hard. Combusken ended up giving off a harsh cough, the wind knocked out of it from the crushing blow.

“Combusken! Are you alright!?”

“Com…ba…com-ba…” Combusken managed to push himself back up off the ground but he was hurting now himself. The picture was clear to me now; Brassius didn’t honestly care if he terastalized or not. Terastalization at this point was for the added flair. It was his MO. Trueleewoodo was in fact facing the blaze. And doing so rather confidently at that.

“Trailblaze! Before he recovers!” Brassius then shouted. The Sudowoodo once again charged fiercely towards Combusken, grass growing behind him, ready to cause a hurt and maybe even bring this battle to a close.

“Combusken! Use Fire Pledge!” I commanded. Combusken unleashed another plume of fire towards Brassius’s Sudowoodo. Sudowoodo skidded to a stop and dove out of the way, the plume of fire instead catching on fire the grass that was growing. Combusken continued to breathed all manner of flames and Sudowoodo once again scrambled trying to avoid the fire, not wanting to get caught in the attack.

“Sudowoodo! Use Stone Edge!” Sudowoodo skidded to a stop once more and then slammed his arms down on the battlefield once more. A rock pillar shot up out of the ground, once again shielding the Sudowoodo from its flames, but this time, the rocks started to shoot up in a row. One right after the other, making its way for Combusken.

“Combusken! Get out of there!” Combusken stopped his attack and dove out of the way just as Sudowoodo’s attack reached them. The attack went in, nearly threatening to crush Combusken.

“Go, Sudowoodo! Trailblaze!” Sudowoodo quickly shot up and started to dart off towards Combusken. I had to get Combusken to act. Now.

“Combusken! Use Ember!” I shouted. Combusken quickly got up and fired a flurry of embers towards the Sudowoodo, once again halting his attack for the moment. “Now! Brick Break!” I then shouted. Combusken rushed towards the Sudowoodo, fist ready to drive into the terastal Pokémon.

“Now Sudowoodo! Wood Hammer!” Brassius shouted. Sudowoodo managed to shake off the embers that seared into its terastalized body then drove his arms up, the terastal power flashing in the Sudowoodo’s arms once more.

“Crap! Combusken! Stop!” Combusken ended up trying to abruptly skid to a stop and once he turned around, Sudowoodo drove his arms down on the ground. While he misses his target, once again the force was powerful, throwing Combusken head over heels. “God, this Terastal bullcrap is too much.”

“Sudowoodo, use Trailblaze!” Sudowoodoo went back on hot pursuit, the green terastal power flashing as Sudowoodo pressed his advantage just as Combusken was trying to pick himself back off the ground again. Combusken looked back and braced himself, getting socked by the Sudowoodo.

“Body Press!” Brassius then commanded. Getting knocked over by the Sudowoodo’s trailblaze. Sudowoodo then went to slam itself down upon Combusken, more than likely trying to snuff out the ‘blaze’ that Combusken was depicting.

“Combusken! Fire Pledge!” I then shouted. From the ground, Combusken unleashed a desperation plume of fire towards the grassy Sudowoodo, managing to catch the Pokémon and making it reel back in a hurry. “After it, Combusken!” I then shouted. Quickly, Combusken scrambled back to his feet and started to rush after the Sudowoodo.

“Stone Edge, Sudowoodo!” Brassius commanded. As soon as Combusken started to get close, Sudowoodo slammed his hands down on the ground again to summon a Stone Edge attack directly in front of it.

“Jump!” I yelled out. Combusken quickly took a hard leap up, the Stone Edge shot out of the battlefield, Combusken clearing the attack and over the head of Sudowoodo. Sudowoodo looked back, seeing the Combusken go over his head and take a head full of talon to kick the terastalized Sudowoodo and knock it off balance into his own newly formed rock formation.

“Sudowoodo! Look out!” Brassius tried to warn.

“Brick Break!” I then yelled. As soon as Sudowoodo managed to turn around, Combusken was coming in, driving his fist once more into the body of Sudowood as he was pressed against his own Stone Edge attack. Sudowoodo went completely wide eyed and mouth wide open as it tried to gasp for air, as the attack made impact. The force of the attack was even enough to break the large stone edge pillar he was braced on. Sudowoodo fell backwards into the rubble and hit the ground. Combusken, tired, trying to catch his breath, looked down at the gym leader’s Pokémon. The terastal crystal shell coating the Sudowoodo started to crack, starting where Combusken drove his attack at. The cracks started to spread all across the Sudowoodo’s body and then the shell fell apart, the crown fell off the Sudowoodo’s head. Sudowoodo wasn’t getting up.

The ref looked at the battlefield then raised the flags. “Sudowoodo is unable to battle! The winner of this match goes to Combusken! Blizzard wins the battle!”

“YES!” I shouted. Combusken, still on the battlefield couldn’t help but to give a sigh of relief then fell backwards. Sitting down on the battlefield. He was tired; a battle hard fought. I rushed onto the field towards Combusken and scooped him up in my arms. “You did it! Way to go, buddy!”

“Com-ba-sken!”

I sat Combusken back down on the ground as Brassius approached us, taking a look down at his fallen Sudowoodo and recalled him back to his Pokeball. “You might not have an eye for art, but you do have an eye for battle. That in itself I feel is an art. An art honed over rigorous trial and error.”

“Trial and error is right. Understatement of the century, in fact. With all said though, your work could use a rename.” I said.

“Perhaps it does. Something to look into later. For now.” Brassius would then hold out his hand, a badge there for the taking. “Recognition of your victory of the Artazon gym. It’s yours.”

I took the badge, giving it a close look over. “Two down, Combusken.” I said.

“Com-ba-sken!” Combusken crowed out in victory. A badge hard earned. Brassius was a tough gym leader, I had to admit. Even with Cubchoo evolving into a Beartic and managing to pull one out against Sudowoodo, I have to admit that I perhaps haven’t given these gyms enough credit. With that said, this only served to tell me that I needed to redouble my efforts in training my team. I technically had a type advantage through this entire battle and Brassius actually made it fairly irrelevant. Granted, it was as any gym leader should, but I started to feel Brassius actually took it above and beyond. More than I would have expected, in fact. To him, even Pokémon battles were an art form. One that he took rather passionately. A whole lot of conviction there.

I got the feeling that it was going to take more than a couple of weeks for me to get through this region…  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2024 7:56 pm
After the badge, the congrats, the few members of the public that made up Artazon expressed their adoration of the battle they had witnessed, the sun finally set down on Artazon once more. I ended up making my way across town once more to the Pokémon Center to get the three Pokémon that took part of the battle recovered, tending to their injuries, let alone get back into the world of consciousness. Beartic took a severe hit by Sudowoodo and Vulpix probably is not feeling the greatest probably being taken out relatively easily.

As I turned in my Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, I sat down and started to wait. Once again, to kill time, I started to work away on the SNAG with a Coke close by. As I done so I started to stare a little in confusion. Apparently, the other Snagems weren’t seeing new Pokémon here in the region. There were a couple of new entries, and entries of Pokémon seen in other regions were being updated, but nothing really substantial. With the Snagems split up across the various paths to finish their time here in Paldea, one would have figured the Snagem database would have had a lot more to update, but apparently there wasn’t. If I am honest, I was kind of hoping that more could have been found out by now, just so I could have some insight as to what I might be facing here. Were there not that many new species compared to other regions? Now that I thought about it…I hadn’t really seen that many new Pokémon either. Rather it be from trainers or the wild Pokémon that I have dealt with. Though I dealt with more of that Terastal phenomenon than I cared for.

After putting in my proverbial two cents into the Snagem database, I then shifted over. It was probably high time to make a call. It should be okay at this point. I sat there, waiting for the connection to go through…

“Hello? Blizzard?” Freth spoke up on the line.

“Hey, Freth. How’s it going?”

“I’m exhausted…I feel like I’m getting ran ragged over here.” Freth said.

“I talked to Tristen last night. He said you were having a rough go of it.” I said to her. “Giant Pokémon because of herbs and such.”

“If that was the only issue. Let’s start with me trying to push my new psychic powers to new limits just so I can actually be a decently functional psychic. Between trying to hover or just outright flying, trying to lift things bigger than Mamoswine, or trying to move multiple objects…I feel cooked.” She said.

“Any closer to maybe realizing any hybrid attacks?” I asked.

“Not in the slightest.” Freth said. “Apparently I still got a while.”

“Well, you can handle it. You always do.” I said to her.

“Truthfully, there’s something else…I’m kind of hoping that it’s not the case, but…Eris might have convinced me some there is something more going on.”

“….go on?”

“It might be ultra space related.” She said. “The professors here were dabbling in something well beyond their purview. And whatever it is has something to do with Area Zero. It might actually have something also to do with the terastal phenomenon but we don’t have all the pieces together as of yet. The most we got is the mad ravings of a man left behind in a old journal. You caught me actually reading back over it again, actually. It starts off rather innocuous, but then weird unknown Pokémon that are apparently from the future, the author, Heath, somehow making notes to himself but don’t ever remember making the note? I think? Some disc Pokémon, described to have a shell with overlapping hexagons…?”

“Like Zygarde?” I asked.

“That’s what I thought too, but I don’t think so. All in all, though, something happened in this region a century or so ago, and its looking bound to happen again. The regions professors jumped into the crater and no one has heard back from them since.” She explained. “Eris ended up bring to my attention on a dry-erase board in the lab that the formulas and stuff that was written on there were actually coordinates. But she didn’t know where it would take her, other than it maybe it could be in a reality in a relative past or future from us. It has her rather on edge. More than her usual self that is…”

“Oh, unflappable hunter actually given pause? Color me shocked.” I said with sarcasm.

There was a silence between the two of us. “She says to go screw yourself.” Freth said.

“Whatever. So, did you have any opportunity to tell Sub?”

“Not yet.” Freth said. “He’s been preoccupied dealing with Team Star.”

“Yea, I heard a little about that last night.” I said. “Ended up fighting a couple of punks last night. It wasn’t too bad, though. Mudkip is a Marshtomp now for it.”

“I don’t know, there might be something going on with that, too. It seems like the more we stay here, the more we’re uncovering all manner of stuff that probably should have been addressed a long time ago…”

“You don’t say. I probably need to be on the look out for any odd things then while I’m roaming the region then.” I said.

“If you can help it, don’t make it a priority. You got your own issues, remember?” Freth said.

“Yea, yea…I know.” I said. “At any rate…I’m here at a Pokémon Center in Artazon and I think they’re about done with my Pokémon. As soon as they are, I’m going to get something to eat then head off back to the inn and call it a night. I plan on hopefully being at Levencia by tomorrow evening. That’s apparently where the next gym is supposed to be.”

“Be careful out there.”

“Always.” I said. “Love you.” And on that, I ended the transmission. Sure enough, the Pokémon were ready to go and I went off to go pick them up. Once I did…it was time for food…then maybe a little TV…then bed.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:54 pm
I woke up the next morning, later than I had originally wanted to. I didn’t think to turn on any sort of alarms on my SNAG last night after getting everything situated for the next day. After getting my Pokémon and myself fed last night, we went back to the hotel room, though much to Beartic’s disdain, he ended up having to stay in the Pokeball for the night. Unlike the others, Beartic was now a roughly seven- to eight-foot-tall bear and weighed roughly five hundred pounds. Hotels don’t tend to be accommodating to something like that, usually. I might end up for the hell of it finding a place to camp out or something, because Beartic for sure wouldn’t be the last to be too big to be out in a smaller room like this, nor would it be anything fair to him. Then again, all of them will probably eventually end up like that sans maybe Vulpix.

In the meantime, for the rest of my Pokémon however, it was once again giving them all a spot on the floor with a couple of blankets and pillows for them to share. Vulpix was not feeling the greatest after her loss during the gym leader battle. I once again tried to assure her that she was fine. It happens and they all won in the end, but it was only a cold comfort to her. Worse, she started to get a little envious; the third Pokémon evolving in my party and for as all she knew, she was going to left behind. She was still young – probably getting too anxious. I didn’t think she was ready to evolve herself even though I could arrange that at pretty much at any time in her case. Just like the fire type variants, she too would evolve by means of a stone, though an Ice Stone in her case. That said, she hasn’t gotten into any stronger ice type attacks for one, and I have yet to really figure out what she has as an ability. Freth alluded to when she saw the apparent dismal future in that dream of hers a while back, Vulpix, as an Alolan Ninetales, had Snow Warning. Which made sense in a way being the counterpart to the fire type variant, and possibly a rare trait at that. But honestly, I’ve not seen any signs of anything like that, or any ability period for that matter. Maybe I should try to focus on Vulpix a little bit more, especially as we find our way to Levencia. Though, considering Zigzagoon’s lack of assortment of attacks that I can tell, I probably should give some attention to him as well.

Sleep would come relatively okay, but during my sleep, I ended up dreaming something that didn’t go over all that kosher to me. I woke up the next morning in tears for some reason, though I didn’t know why. Nothing what I saw last night made any sense. Were they stress dreams? I couldn’t honestly say. I couldn’t make out faces or voices, the world that I was in was unfamiliar to me and was rather dark, sequence of events didn’t make any sense though for some reason they repeated. Constantly. Same actions, same sensations, same everything. Whatever it was, I apparently didn’t like it. I only could wipe the tears and got up.

I’d check out of the hotel and went to grab things for breakfast for myself and the team. Picking a spot in Artazon, breakfast was eventually served. I noticed that Vulpix’s demeanor hasn’t gotten any better after the night’s rest. There was some depression it looked like, Vulpix wasn’t eating a whole lot and all she could do was just look at Beartic, Combusken, and Marshtomp for what seemed like a whole minute or so between bites of her meal. Once breakfast was over, I started to recall all the Pokémon…all except Vulpix for the moment. I’d sit down at the table we’d have breakfast at and looked down at the snow fox. “Vulpix, are you still upset about the others evolving?”

“Keeoo…”

“Vulpix, you don’t evolve like the others do. And even then, its better that you start figuring out all that you’re capable of before you do.” I said. “If you were to evolve now, it’d only cause problems for you later. Too many trainers made a mistake where they got Pokémon that evolved by means of a stone, then turn around and now both the Pokémon and the trainer are upset because they haven’t really gotten to figure out anything. Pokémon lose out on possible skills they could have gotten when they were in their smaller state. Things that might be crucial. I don’t want that to happen to you.” I said, reaching down to the fox, petting her head. “I promise you that I will allow you to evolve at some point and we’ll see about figuring out what you are truly capable of, but you are going to have to trust me, okay?” I said to her. “I know its not easy seeing the other three and they look all big and strong, but they’re going through a lot too, you know. Evolving is more than just getting stronger, alright? There’s a lot of responsibility there. I want you to be ready for that.”

“Keoo…” Vulpix spoke up, sounding a little resigned.

“Vulpix. Do you understand what I am saying?” I then asked the fox.

“Keo.” She spoke, acknowledging what I said.

“Like I said, I promise you. I will do everything I can to get you there with the others. I wouldn’t steer you wrong.” I said. “Just ask any other Pokémon in our team. Except Zigzagoon, maybe. He’s a little crazy anyways…” I said, a bit joking. It actually got a little snicker out of Vulpix. “Heh, there you go. Speaking of, I planned on trying to work more with you and Zigzagoon here soon. Heading to gym number three and its only going to get tougher from here. We’re going to need to be ready and I’m going to need your help just as much as anyone else. You up to it?”

“Keo!”

“Alright, come back for now.” I said. “I need to start getting on the road and see what there is to get into.” I then finally took out Vulpix’s Pokeball and recalled the fox back in the ball. Once everything was picked up and ready to go, I finally start to set out of Artazon and make my way for Levencia.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:52 pm
Blizzard would continue his journey across Paldea to collect the region's badges, his chosen path taking him to Levincia next, heading out from Artazon. It was between these two cities where the hybrid would come across a pair of interesting characters. As soon as he crossed a bridge, going over one of the two rivers he'd travel over to reach Levincia, he'd find himself at one of Paldea's many gas station-esque Pokemon Centers and there he'd meet a gaudy couple.

"You must simply try Gastronomie en Famille one day! Their Levincia location is our favorite." A woman loudly spoke to the center's nurse, the nurse almost flinching from the volume of her voice.

"Oh yes! We highly recommend it for when you're crazing Kalosian cuisine here at home! We've vacationed in Kalos many times and can reassure you their cusine is as authentic as possible!" The man concurred, his voice also fairly loud with both of their tones a sort of forced 'haughty' voice. Judging by their gold colored outfits and other gaudy accessories these two saw themselves as something 'high class'.

"Well thanks for the recommendation but I don't think I can afford to eat there on a Pokemon nurse salary..." The nurse replied, chuckling nervously as she looked to her PokeMart co-worker for help to get out of this conversation, only to remember he went to use the restroom. Looking over the other woman's shoulder she would spot Blizzard approaching, the nurse standing up a little straighter as she found an excess to no longer talk to this couple. "Oh! Hello traveler! Welcome to the Pokemon Center! How may we help you today!?" She almost shouted herself, thanking Arceus for the hybrid's appearance.

"Hm? Oh! I can't believe my eyes!" The gaudy woman shouted as she snatched her gold sunglasses off her face to get an unfiltered view of what she was seeing. Immediately her husband turned to see what all the fuss was about and his mouth immediately dropped open.

"The Noble Hybrid! Wow! What a surprise! Bonjour monsieur! As they say in Kalos." He chuckled to himself, did he think Blizzard was a Kalosian native? Not waiting for him to come up to the counter the pair ran up to Blizzard, wanting a better look of the Noble Hybrid. "It's an honor to meet you!" The man said.

"You must get this a lot but could we trouble you for an autograph?" The woman implored Blizzard.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:08 pm
Leaving the city, I made my way down the off beaten path, once again taking in the sights of the region. It was hills as far as the eye could see, but a lot easily traversable on foot than the mesas that I ended up having to traverse on the way to Artazon. Not much happening either, incidentally. The Pokémon appeared to be sparce out in these open areas. It started to look like I wasn’t going to see too many wild Pokémon out here which might not be that much of a blessing in retrospect. I did want to work with Vulpix and Zigzagoon at some point or another; I might need to find myself a spot to have another training session once we find ourselves in Levencia. Depending what time I actually make it there...that is.

It was a few hours on the beaten trail. Lunch was probably on the agenda right about now. Before I could figure out if I wanted to go a little bit longer and set up a picnic, I took notice to a Pokémon Center. A spot to rest for a short bit, have something to eat maybe. Seemed like a plan. I made my way over towards the Pokémon center spot. I walked over towards the center, paying no mind to the woman speaking at a tone as if she carried a megaphone. I was browsing the Pokémon Marts wares and items to get, up until the nurse brought attention to me. It was at that point…I kind of wished she didn’t…

I had to try hard to hold back a sigh. I was actually enjoying not being referred to as the Noble hybrid. Let alone being recognized as such. I suppose there was no avoiding it forever, however. My God, they were asking for an autograph, too? I’m a blasted apprentice of a Pokémon gym in Jhoto. My autograph isn’t worth anything. ‘Just…be nice…get them to go on the way’ I could only think to myself.

“…uh, yea, sure…I guess.” I said to her. “You got something to write on?” I then asked her.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 5:46 pm
"Something to write on...hm...oh! Here!" The woman said as she rummaged around in her designer purse for a moment before pulling out a hundred thousand Pokedollar note before presenting it and a gold pen to Blizzard. "Here you go, Noble Hybrid!" She beamed happily. Wait, she really wanted him to write on money? Let alone a hundred thousand note. Plus who just walks around with that big of a note? It's doubtful any store could break it, most people have never even seen the note.

"What was it like? Battling Wikstrom? He is one of my favorite trainers but Duke Blizzard is a contender for that spot to me!" The man declared, ecstatic over getting to meet Blizzard, utilizing all his strength to not touch the hybrid. "Such gorgeous feathers!" He blurted out.

"Please make it out to the Glitterati!" The woman asked Blizzard. "Say, what is the Noble Hybrid doing in Paldea? Vacation? Or are you looking to buy some property here? If so I know where you can get a killer deal!" She smiled wide.

"Oh ho ho, my dear wife never passes up a chance to score a sale for the business! Not even with the legendary Noble Hybrid!" The man laughed.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Mega Sex Symbol

5,725 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Megathread 100

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2024 6:23 pm
I couldn’t help but to stare in confusion as she handed me the large note. Not even I ever seen cash that large before. This is absolutely absurd; these people are literally asking to get mugged somewhere. What are rich people like this doing out in the middle of nowhere in Paldea? Far as I knew, this was a Pokémon Center on a off-beaten trail that trainers took to get between Artazon and Levencia? Don’t they have other rich people to flaunt riches to? I’d hesitantly take the pen, only in that I was still trying to come to grips as to what was happening here, and then started to sign the note as the man accompanying this woman started to bombard all manner of questions. “I…uh…had a rough time. Mega Evolution and all that. He earned that gym leader spot in Kalos to be sure.” I said to him as I went to hand back the pen and the signed money to the woman.

Looking back at the woman, apparently, she was ready to give a sales pitch. And my tolerance for the insufferable was starting to reach its limit already. “A little soul searching and some Pokémon training is what I’m here for.” I said, which I wasn’t lying…technically. “I just left Artazon just this morning. Um…” I then started to have a realization. These people were acting like celebrities themselves and I have to say I have not heard of them whatsoever. “’Glitter…ati?” I had the feeling that I was going to regret asking, but my curiosity got the better of me.  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff