Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Cocktail Feast] Let's Get This Party Started! [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:36 am
Martirae and Anakumath

Anakumath nosed at both of her siblings with an affectionate hum, only to move to bump her head against the much larger Kleoth's when the other gold landed. Beloved clutchmates - Samodith and Kaloth, Anakumath repeated as the two introduced themselves without her help actually needed. Though she did dare act a touch bashful as Samodith slyly called her out for not making introductions sooner. Ah, yes. She'd neglected to do such the last time - perhaps out of selfishness of a first in-person meeting. But still selfish none the less.

It did appear Samodith was taking quite the shine to the young queen, however, and Anakumath was content to not elbow her way into the conversation. Our sister is always such a charmer, there was no judgement, only appreciation, as she turned the observation to Kaloth.

Marty, for her part, looked over the display of food thoughtfully. Was there anything in particular she thought Z'rai would be missing out on if she didn't suggest it? "Always the fish, though that is less a particular dish and more that this close to the ocean it is always the best." she confessed. The river fish of the mountainous areas were suitable enough, but ocean fish was special.

The open ended question would be answered cryptically; "I'm always waiting for someone who isn't here."

Meepfur

Tsunake

Samuel Carlin

----

Fahn and Alenciath

Alenciath was, without success, still trying to sneakily snag a morsel from the edge of Fahn's plate, the young woman gently pushing her away with an open palm every time she got close. It'll be fine.... she plead, Fahn putting one finger against her dragon's nose.

"I don't blame you. I'm going to end up putting at least a little bit of everything in my mouth," there was nothing like the food of a Hatching Feast, and Fahn was going to appreciate every morsel. The invitation was answered with a smile, "I mean, if you'll have us!" Of course, Nashwa likely wouldn't have offered otherwise, but....

"Can't promise most of my time won't be spent coming back for more food!"

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:31 pm
Gold Kleoth

Ah, well... Some of Kleoth's irritation with her rider's choice in company immediately thawed with Kaloth's words. Her eyes immediately brightened to a swirled mix of purples and blues. And Western Weyr is honored to have you and yours, Kaloth. What a wonderful clutch, are they not? Any children were to be cherished and adored, as far as Kleoth was concerned, and this clutch was no exception. She knew there were those at High Reaches that considered their Weyr to be lesser in comparison, and she was grateful that Kaloth did not seem to be one of them.

Her siblings! A wave of warmth was sent to Ana, for Kleoth knew how very special family was. Oh... if she was lucky, perhaps her dearest sisters and brothers would accompany to High Reaches one day to witness one of their Hatchings. There is nothing more special than family. How grateful I am to be able to meet you all today!

Kleoth internally gave a start as she observed Samodith more closely, taking a seat in order to grant herself some time to think before she responded. Surely the green was merely being polite, but there was something about her that knocked the queen off balance. There was a grace to her that words couldn't possibly describe, and her scars... They marked her as a fighter, and one strong enough to carry the marks of her battles with ease. If I had known that Anakumath had such a sister, I-- She found herself beginning to say before she realized she had no idea how she intended to finish her statement. The normally eloquent Kleoth was feeling unusually tongue-tied, and she gave herself another moment to compose herself before starting again.

Forgive me. It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Samodith. I hope we can become better acquainted while you are here. I would very much like to know more about you.

Samuel Carlin

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

--

Aerden and Tianxiath

Speaking of a good time... Darling, where should I start? Look around you. So many fine specimens--coming from all over Pern for us~ As they should have! Still, if Ilaorunth wanted especially handsome humans, Tianxiath would find them for her. After all, she clearly knew who the expert on the subject matter was... and recognized his own dashing rider as the cream of the crop.

Nudging Aerden affectionately, the blue sauntered into the crowd to take in the gathered humans with a roving eye... Oh, now didn't he look interesting? He didn't hesitate to strut over to where Matotoka and Faroe were, craning his neck as he looked the young man over with interest. Oh, yes. Handsome, strongly built, dark and mysterious with all sorts of hidden secrets and feelings....

Oh yes.

Ilaorunth, I do believe I've found a contender. Tianxiath mused, circling around to take in his catch from every single angle.

demon_pachabel
/eyes

Uta
HELLO SORRY CRASHING THE PARTY.

Meepfur
FOUND ONE.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:27 pm
Faroe
The brown-haired woman kept the others hand in hers, but did not press him, even when he fell quiet. No matter what she imagined he might be going through, she still didn't know; and no matter how Neliath could pry into his thoughts, the queen had no reason to, as most dragons did not. Whatever he wished to share, and whatever he wished to keep, she would respect his choice.

Hatchings were always full of emotion--and being left standing could stir up feelings that were usually left undisturbed.

"If you're feeling it, whatever it might be, than I think that's validation to feel it. Feelings aren't always rationale, after all--and being hit with so many unadulterated feelings from the dragonets, and even the dragons from the Sands, probably helped to rustle them up." It was well known that Hatchings were extremely emotional times; they affected not just the riders and Theirs, or the Candidates, but even the men and women who sat as guests in the tiers. Tears weren't uncommon, even if the spectators weren't always sure why they were crying.

"But if you'd rather discuss it at another time, I understand that too." Faroe decided to give the young man an out, in case his words truly failed him. She didn't want to force him to speak, if he was not ready to do so. Especially as it looked like someone had their eye on him.

She did look down at the blue curious, arching a brow in surprise. Whatever was this blue one up to? And where was His? She would have expected the weyrling to be close enough to tend to the dragonet--especially being this young out of the shell. Some dragonets certainly had an independent streak... but they were still meant to be watched and tended to.

"Seems we've a new spot of blue company."

Tsunake
Where'd you go Aerden? Don't make Liat start herding weyrlings back to their wandering baby dragons. LOL

demon_pachabel
Giving you an out because I am slow, and you might wish to do other things. LOL

J'lar & blue Loreleth

The broad-shouldered man gave a snort of amusement, lips twitching into almost a smile. The whole idea was ludicrous, but he wouldn't mind if High Reaches had a few more Hatchings. Sometimes he almost missed the mountains... but Loreleth was quite attached to his beachside abode at present; he never really gave much thought into whether or not he'd return to the old Weyr...

But with Loreleth's attachment to Brieteth, J'lar felt that something might have to change. Well, there was time yet; he was more than happy to serve Western Weyr and the two could figure out what to do about their dragons when possibilities actually opened up. Maybe E'mel appreciated the distance; J'lar was half-certain if they had been in the same Weyr, Loreleth wouldn't be convinced to leave Brieteth's weyr!

The query about his shoulder had J'lar give a grunt. "Not much ta be done 'bout it, really. There are some muscles and nerves that jes' won't be growing back, really." He was lucky he hadn't lost complete mobility of his arm, even if it's strength was lessened. He was sure it would haunt him more the older he got, but with Thread, there was very little certainty he'd live another five or ten Turns, much less another month. "Numbweed when it's really achin', massage to ease the strained muscles nearby pickin' up its slack. Bout all that's there to it, 'cordin' to the healers." And ample warnings on what not to do, and how not to aggravate it--but J'lar didn't have anything to his name outside of Loreleth and brute strength. If he pushed it, he couldn't really be blamed.

"Glad Brieteth's feeling a mite better 'bout the companion. Harp's been good company with Loreleth, and little Melody is a good 'un, too." While he had no intention of amassing a horde of flits, a small part of him found them charming. They were good company to Loreleth, when the blue was at his most distressed, and were good distractions when his own thoughts began to stray. "Maybe you can play a bit more--talented Harper like yourself shouldn't have it all go to waste. Bet you're better than half the weyrsingers out there." He encouraged, words sincere.

Certainly better than anything J'lar could do.

"Want to get a bite? Best part of a Feast, really..." At least, it was his favorite part--but then, he rarely had a reason (or partner) to dance with, and had spent so many Turns as just the help, that participating in the decadent delights was his payment for a days hard work.

"Nothing too exciting, really. Brieteth finally isn't convinced I'm replacing him with Lyre," admittedly, E'mel had to wonder where the little green had gone off to besides to be trouble, probably. "I sometimes get to join in on some singin' but mostly the same ol'. Feel like my lute's collecting dust." It was probably in desperate need of some TLC.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:55 pm
R'thell & green Triesteth
The pale, little green couldn't help but beam up Baihath--or at least gave the draconic equivalent. Her blue eyes whirled brightly with pleasure at such attention, and her little tail and rump wriggled with her own excitement. Though only one wing was spread--the other still tied securely to her side--she didn't notice. Numbweed had quite an effect, even on little greens.

She gave a loving sigh as Baihath nudged at Hers, and quickly trotted around Hers, rubbing against his legs, much like a feline. R'thell was almost overwhelmed, and had to steady himself so he didn't get pushed off balance, or step on his baby green! Isn't he perfect? The most wonderful... To say she was smitten by having found The Best Candidate Of Them All was an understatement. I should so dearly love to spend time with my clutchmates, but I... I hardly know where to start!

There were so many of them, and they were all so wonderful. With a little stretch of her neck, she could see some of them out and about--there was Manahahtath--such a gentleman!--and beautiful Ilaorunth! And what of Tianxiath? He certainly seemed to be a blue on a mission. Playful Alenciath was over there, and wonderful Guarath was beyond... Honestly, where was she to go? She wished to be with them all, but they were already so far apart--and she did not wish to leave Hers for a moment.

What a most dire predicament!

R'thell was doubly surprised to hear another voice speak to him--one very unlike Triesteth. He'd never been much consequence to anyone, and yet in one day he had not one, but two dragons, speaking to him. To say he was overwhelmed was an understatement. "Er... Thank you. I... I promise she'll lack in nothing." He wasn't sure how strong the bonds of family were with dragons; while he knew some clutchmate bonds were incredibly close, others were less so--and he never quite knew how a dragon might feel about ones choice. But already he could feel the sting of tears behind his eyes, knowing how much the little green loved him of all beings; had chosen him out of everyone else. He'd never known a love so strong, for all that he'd been told about Impression. His promise wasn't lipservice, either--he'd do whatever he had to do to keep Triesteth happy.

Tsunake

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:54 pm
Green Samodith

Though Kleoth never quite finished her statement, Samodith could guess where it was going easily enough...or at least was confident enough in herself to assume where it had been going! And while she'd have loved to hear it finished, it was satisfying on its own to think how it might have ended, and to muse over the reasons it was left hanging. As Kleoth continued to speak, albeit on a slightly different track, the blue of Samodith's eye was gradually overtaken by purple. Ohh, the green was most pleased, and feeling herself in a way she hadn't in quite some time.

Why, there is nothing to forgive, she assured her shining new acquaintance, shifting to move just a bit closer, right on the edge of what might be considered personal space - enough to be a touch bold, but hopefully not impolite. If she was being especially forward, well, subtlety had a time and a place, but it wasn't here and now. Who knew when the next opportunity would come? Especially if you would be so generous with your time as to spend some of it with a little green from far away. I'm afraid my plans for the evening were quite overturned, but...perhaps that is not so terrible as I had thought it to be.

If there is anything in particular you wish to know about me, I will happily answer. Her tail swayed and curled slowly in again, as she found herself quite happily in her element. Maybe somewhere closer to the water, if I might ask so much? It's so rare that I can enjoy such a view.

x Tsunake

Nashwa and Ilaorunth

"Of course we'll have you! Oh, and there she goes!" Even as she spoke with Fahn - and filled her plate - Nashwa had been careful to keep an eye on Ilaorunth as her bonded chatted with Kadosse. When the little gold decided to wander off on a self-appointed mission, though, she quickly turned from 'keep one eye on nearby bonded' to 'catch up with bonded!' "I'll be right back. Save us a seat, will you?"

She didn't doubt that her fellow Weyrling would understand, so, plate in one hand, she swept after Ilaorunth as the hatchling ventured off to see what - or more accurately, whom - her blue brother had found. And the gold was indeed hot on his heels the moment he declared that he'd found a contender: if Tianxiath approved, they were sure to be of the highest quality. While fully aware that Hers had caught up with her and was watching with a raised brow, she too took to circling the young man, taking him in with an approving hum. Oh, he is quite nice,, she agreed after taking the proper time to really evaluate the Candidate. Well-spotted, brother, very well-spotted indeed...

Now, don't look at me like that, Mine! I know full well you've the eyes to see such fine specimens, though I will confess I'm beginning to wonder. You know this one, and all you've done is share cookies with him! And all you've done with Tianxiath's is chores! Chores! Ilaorunth huffed, making no effort to keep her words strictly between her and Hers - her brother might as well know, too. She was sure he'd understand her frustrations!

Nashwa shook her head over her bonded, but grinned at Matotoka and his company. "Sorry. They're looking for someone. It's a little...complicated."

It's really not, Ilaorunth countered. Now then...Matotoka, is it? Though I'm sure it's quite a long shot, you wouldn't happen to have any openings on your dance card tonight, would you?

x Tsunake

x Uta

x demon_pachabel
obviously feel free to give him an out/excuse, since she is shopping for someone for...your other character. XD

Iafri of Girofleth

"It would," Iafri admitted, an answer that would surely come as no surprise. She'd been a follower her whole life, an inherent nature only heavily reinforced by no little conditioning. That she hesitated only a little before scooping up a small bite of curry before he made a move on anything on the plate was as much progress as any of the rest of the little decisions she'd made so far tonight, but...she was not ready to take the lead while dancing. That would take considerably more courage. And practice. She'd have to feel like she wasn't a total disaster at it before she braved such a thing with so many people around. But she did sort of want to dance, if she was honest with herself. Other people did it with what seemed to be such ease, and such enjoyment, and it was...well, rather romantic, and that would be nice. If she could at least be decent at it, maybe they could have moments like that too? "Maybe when they play something slow? That might be a little safer than trying to keep up with something busy."

Or, Faranth forbid, something that involved switching partners here and there.

x demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces