Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[GOLDFLIGHT] Tropical Rainfall (Congrats Turoth!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 45 ... 41!

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:35 pm

((Re-rolled because I'm a derp. XD;; ))

Cheri generated a random number between 1 and 35 ... 24!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:37 pm
User Image

Bronze Illiandinth of C'sar

As the winds buffeted him, Illiandinth gave a bugle of challenge. This was his fight to win, against those winds who sought to deny him even the smallest chance of success. Yet the demon would not allow them to get between himself and Khamaith. Although it was ultimately to be her choice, and rightfully so, Illi... wanted this. Not Khamaith, because his hearts were well and truly Antereth's, but he wanted fatherhood. If not tonight, then some other night. No winds on the face of Pern could deny him the truth that they both knew: it was up to them.

Together or apart, they shared some small kinship in that knowledge. As Khamaith was sure to succeed, the greater part of the battle was Illiandinth's own. Our situations are... uniquely similar, he agreed. I cannot deny why I am here. My hearts do not stir for your lovely hide, but I can offer you what you seek. If you will let me. For on his weyrledge below was the most beautiful blue in all of Pern, and he loved him with both of his twisted hearts. As darkling as the bronze might be, he loved Antereth with everything that he was.

Yet... the tragedy of it grieved both himself and his lovely mate...

Antereth could never supply him with a clutch. He knew in his hearts that Antereth longed for that ability, forever denied him. Were he one of several eligible bronzes, or even browns, that might not have been such a problem. But Illiandinth knew very well that certain among his brothers would never chase a queen. ... All of his brothers, truth be told. Then there was the sister who had never been. There was no guarantee. It would merely be luck, a twist of fate, that would carry this lineage onward. Perhaps it was a lot to burden them both with. Still, he could not turn away from what he knew.

Choose me, cried the aching, enormous bronze wings as they strained against the climb. He was immense, and strong, and he could carry her if only she would let him. With a twist of his body, he allowed the wind to carry him higher, closer to her. I will not take your choice from you, Khamaith, though some might think it of me. But I would urge you to consider me when you make your choice. He left off any sort of plea, just simply allowing the weight of what must follow hang within the air. Many of these chasers had no stake in the matter. He did.

So he must try.

Prism Shine

Uta

----
Round 1: Str+Sta: 24/30
Round 2: Wits + Speed: 25/25
Round 3: Str + Dex: 18/20
Round 4: Wits + Sta: 24/35

-----

Strength: 15
Speed: 5
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 15
Wits: 20

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:40 pm
User Image

Nope! Baihath said cheerfully. Khamaith can fight off any old monster, yeah! She'll just... whack him with her claws! And bite 'im! And grrrrrr! He popped back onto his feet to playfully box with some imaginary creature, playfully growling and flaring his wings to make himself look bigger. Baihath was happy to shoot back under the extended wing, humming happily. Yeah! That monster doesn't even know what's coming!

Despite the white dragon's obvious excitement, it had already been a very long day. Baihath settled his chin down on top of his feet, hopefully watching the skies for any glimpse of Khamaith or her suitors. If they want to, yeah! Do you think they will, Talmaith?

Maybe Kha would be ready to play then, too!

Mr Cheri

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 14!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

___

Thespeth’s stats:

Strength: 14
Speed: 12
Dexterity: 11
Wits: 13

Brown: 40
Between 6 and 20: +10
FIt/Motivated: +10
Respectful: +5
Total: 65

Round 1: Strength + Stamina = 29 / 26
Round 2: speed + wits = 25 / 5
Round 3: strength + Dexterity = 25 /
Round 4:  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

faesinger generated a random number between 1 and 29 ... 5!

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Thespeth fought against the wind as it tired to buffet him about, and while he gained some ground it cost him some precious energy. Perhaps not. He agreed with Khamiath. Perhaps there is still a young dragon inside me waiting for the opportunity to claim someone as his own for a night.

But with strained muscles and lost energy he was not able to climb as higher as fast as Thespeth would like. Whoever you choose should be quite honored. As much as I long to be the father and call them my own, know that I will watch over your children regardless of your choice here tonight. He paused a beat and then continued. Just please don’t create little lightning storms for me to care for?
___

Thespeth’s stats:

Speed: 12
Dexterity: 11
Wits: 13

Brown: 40
Between 6 and 20: +10
FIt/Motivated: +10
Respectful: +5
Total: 65

Round 1: Strength + Stamina = 29 / 26
Round 2: speed + wits = 25 / 5
Round 3: strength + Dexterity = 25 / 14
Round 4: Strength + Stamina = 29 / 5
Total: 50  
~Kiana_Nala~ generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:57 pm
Bronze Moseleth

He couldn't deny his clutch sister was right. He would happily take her leftovers and be proud to do so. Maybe it was better to find one amongst those who chased her, if they were so inclined. They showed his clutch sister all the respect and love she deserved, surely there could be no better specimen in the weyr. It was something to think over for sure. Such a beautiful game indeed. He nearly added that his clutch sister also had a blue chasing her and flirting about the males. No, he would keep that to himself. She surely had noticed, but maybe not quite as much as he had?

The winds that buffeted against his delicate display of wings and maybe if the bronze wasn't so sleek and rather heartier he could have pushed through the wind. However, the wind rather pushed through him and Moseleth quickly found himself tumbling through the air.

------
Bronze: +45 pts
Less than 5 turns: +3 points
Fit/Motivated: +10 points
Peaceful, Caring, Respectful, or Loving Dragons: +5 points

Total: 63 pts

Strength: 10
Speed: 17
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 20
Wits: 16

Round 1: 10+20 = 30 (strength + stamina) = 4
Round 2: 17+16 = 33 (speed + wits) = 12
Round 3: 10+15 = (strength + dexterity) = 4
Round 4: + = ( + ) =

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

~Kiana_Nala~ generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 31!

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:59 pm
Bronze Moseleth

Ever the graceful dragon, Moseleth managed to right himself in the air. It took mere seconds for him to notice he had somehow been pushed closer towards his clutch sister and watched as she rose into the sky. Something in him surged and he knew he had to follow her into the skies. His dance would begin.

Moseleth pushed himself harder than he had during the whole flight, something that aided him well as he managed to push his way towards the tip of the dragon hoard chasing Khamaith. He could feel his hearts pumping fiercely in his chest as he pushed himself ever closer towards his clutch sister. Dearest Khamaith, won't you choose me? I have so greatly enjoyed your games and your admired your beautiful display in the sky this night. He cooed to her.

------
Bronze: +45 pts
Less than 5 turns: +3 points

Total: 63 pts

Speed: 17
Stamina: 20

Round 1: 10+20 = 30 (strength + stamina) = 4
Round 2: 17+16 = 33 (speed + wits) = 12
Round 3: 10+15 = 25 (strength + dexterity) = 4
Round 4: 17+16 = 33 (speed + withs) = 31

Grand Total: 51

Tsunake generated a random number between 1 and 20 ... 20!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:01 pm
NPC K'dan of Brown Rheinoth

((Final tag will be in my next post!))
-----

Rheinoth: A very relaxed dragon! Rheinoth is the definition of chill and has no shame about it. He'd prefer it if everyone had a good time and is definitely the peacemaker of most groups.

K'dan: Prone to overthinking and general anxiety, but hides it well. He can be a little cagey with strangers, but has a good heart.

(Since Baihath will be involved with the clutch, I'm just playing for fun and do NOT want to win Kha's flight! <3)

Base points for brown: 40 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Peaceful, Caring, Respectful, or Loving Dragons: +5 points

Total: 60 pts

Speed: 10
Dexterity: 10
Wits: 15

Round 1: STR + STAM = 17
Round 2: SPD + WITS = 8
Round 3: STR + DEX = 20  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Sweet Symmetry generated a random number between 1 and 25 ... 5!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:02 pm
NPC Brown Aizoroth of Jiquitaia

Rolling Round 3, final post in Round 4.

Status

Aizoroth is a sociable, amiable dragon of about 10 Turns. He is charming and full of sparkly wit, but deep down longs for hearts to protect, and for a dragon in whom he can entrust his own. Though reluctant to let his guard down, this happy but love-lorn fellow can always be depended upon to do right by others, and to accomplish his duty to Pern.

Jiquitaia, or Tai as she’s known to her friends, is a cautious young woman who needs time and gentleness to come out of her shell. She’s a resourceful young lady, independent and more than capable of handling herself, but sometimes this causes her to appear standoffish. Deep down she’s very committed to her Weyr-home. She is available for interaction, and will be made into a PC soon regardless of the outcome of this Flight.

Brown Dragon: +40
Between 6-20 Turns: +10
Fit/Motivated: +10
Peaceful, Caring, Respectful, or Loving: +5
Smooth-talker: +2

Total: 67pts

Speed: 16
Stamina: 12
Wits: 14

Round 1: Strength (10) + Stamina (12) = 1/22
Round 2: Speed (16) + Wits (14) = 15/30
Round 3: Strength (10) + Dexterity (15) = 5/25

Flight Total: 21

Tsunake generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 9!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:03 pm
NPC K'dan of Brown Rheinoth

The sudden surge of warm air was enough to make Rheinoth almost squawk, desperately fighting to keep his balance so he wouldn't be blown wildly off course. Fortunately, he was able to handle the unexpected hurdle with a surprising amount of ease, and he couldn't help but feel a little pleased with himself!

But then... Khamaith truly began to climb in earnest. Rheinoth threw himself upward, intending to chase the golden queen as long as she wanted.... but in truth, the brown was already exhausted. Maybe it was the lack of sleep. Who knew? But he knew he wasn't going to be able to win this particular race.

I thought I'd follow you to the stars and back, but it seems like it's not meant to be this time, sweetheart. The dragon sucked in labored breaths before reluctantly breaking away, allowing himself to glide on aching wings.

Better luck next time, right? For me, anyway. Pick a handsome one, lady queen! Hoo, but he knew he was going to feel this tomorrow, and after a moment, he allowed his wings to fold. He certainly wasn't going to catch the beautiful Khamaith in his claws.... but maybe...

We might not be able to fly so high as that, but if you're up to putting on a show... He crooned at Tierboskath, but certainly wouldn't be hurt if he was rebuffed. One wouldn't get anything fun if they didn't put themselves out there!

Meepfur

-----

Rheinoth: A very relaxed dragon! Rheinoth is the definition of chill and has no shame about it. He'd prefer it if everyone had a good time and is definitely the peacemaker of most groups.

K'dan: Prone to overthinking and general anxiety, but hides it well. He can be a little cagey with strangers, but has a good heart.

(Since Baihath will be involved with the clutch, I'm just playing for fun and do NOT want to win Kha's flight! <3)

Base points for brown: 40 points
- Between 6-20 turns: +10 points
- Average/Normal: +5 points
- Peaceful, Caring, Respectful, or Loving Dragons: +5 points

Total: 60 pts

Dexterity: 10

Round 1: STR + STAM = 17
Round 2: SPD + WITS = 8
Round 3: STR + DEX = 20
Round 4: Highest Stats! STAM + WITS = 9
Total: 54 BUT Rheinoth has pulled away!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Sweet Symmetry generated a random number between 1 and 31 ... 5!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:04 pm
NPC Brown Aizoroth of Jiquitaia

He crooned in response, wishing so dearly to wrap her in an ever-lasting moment of tender warmth, before returning her to her love. He envied her, truly, for what she possessed, for what she had found in a soul so unique as Baihath’s. If only for the slightest of moments he might be-

no, Aiz. That love is not yours to have, to take, but to gently return when you have danced your best. Do not dishonour her. It was sharp, like a clatter of thunder inside of his mind, and Aizoroth reeled for a moment. The winds caught his wings once more, and he was pushed backwards. He creeled in growing despair, a low tone of warning for the great golden queen before them. He hated to see her hurt- if only he could reach her in time, to offer her his strength…

Please, lovely Khamaith… I cannot bear to watch you hurt by this storm… I would let it shred my wings to bear you back in one piece.

The thermals seemed to be playing their own game. Aizoroth was off-balance one moment, but the high winds settled and he found his rhythm once more. The stronger, more endurant dragons had gotten ahead, but he was still flying, still pushing sore muscles to their limit. He back-winged to catch a more advantageous gust and followed her upwards, driving himself with the desperate desire to protect and nurture her.

To the end, I shall follow you. Like a whisper of a gentle breeze, soft and warm, he bespoke her. After a moment of thoughtful pause, more words burst forth like sunshine, and I will always admire the kind love you nurture in your heart for others. One day, I hope to find the wonder and joy that you have. He might not be enough of a dragon to sire her clutch- he had not flown his best… but an expression of appreciation and admiration was a token of love in its own right… right?

Status

Aizoroth is a sociable, amiable dragon of about 10 Turns. He is charming and full of sparkly wit, but deep down longs for hearts to protect, and for a dragon in whom he can entrust his own. Though reluctant to let his guard down, this happy but love-lorn fellow can always be depended upon to do right by others, and to accomplish his duty to Pern.

Jiquitaia, or Tai as she’s known to her friends, is a cautious young woman who needs time and gentleness to come out of her shell. She’s a resourceful young lady, independent and more than capable of handling herself, but sometimes this causes her to appear standoffish. Deep down she’s very committed to her Weyr-home. She is available for interaction, and will be made into a PC soon regardless of the outcome of this Flight.

Brown Dragon: +40
Between 6-20 Turns: +10
Fit/Motivated: +10
Peaceful, Caring, Respectful, or Loving: +5
Smooth-talker: +2

Total: 67pts

Speed: 16
Stamina: 12
Wits: 14

Round 1: Strength (10) + Stamina (12) = 1/22
Round 2: Speed (16) + Wits (14) = 15/30
Round 3: Strength (10) + Dexterity (15) = 5/25
Round 4: Speed (16) + Dexterity (15) = 5/31

Flight Total: 26

Final Total: 26

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 28 ... 5!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm
NPC Bronze Atarith of L'sil

[Strength + Dex --> Post next roll djalfkdsf]

----
(I just had the NPC clutch so I am entering because ilu, please don't pick him!)

Atarith is a Gentleman - a dueling gentleman who takes great offense at those who do not mind their manners. While he is not vicious, he is very stern and prone to altercations because of it.

L'sil may find a nice friend for the night, we'll see. Charming, intelligent, resourceful;Controlling, Demanding, Defiant.

STATS:
Bronze: 45
17 years old: 10
Fit: 10
Respectful: 5
TOTAL: 70

Strength: 20
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 19

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

demon_pachabel generated a random number between 1 and 39 ... 11!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:09 pm
NPC Bronze Atarith of L'sil

[2 highest stats ( Strength + Stamina)]

The storm seemingly had its opinions on the fliers - who should fly beautifully and who should be thrown about and Atarith would not be one of the more graceful dragons, fighting the wing that even threw the lady of the evening about. While he may not have been able to keep himself from looking a touch the fool, thrown about like a toy by a child, he did keep his head about him - and his attention on Khamaith...and her other pursuers.

Then, it was time to go up - and up he would follow. There was no doubt that she would fall into one of their clutches soon. The anticipation was heavy in the air. And here we have you and the sky, you glow more brightly than it - when you fall, who will cradle you gently back home to the future?

----
(I just had the NPC clutch so I am entering because ilu, please don't pick him!)

Atarith is a Gentleman - a dueling gentleman who takes great offense at those who do not mind their manners. While he is not vicious, he is very stern and prone to altercations because of it.

L'sil may find a nice friend for the night, we'll see. Charming, intelligent, resourceful;Controlling, Demanding, Defiant.

STATS:
Bronze: 45
17 years old: 10
Fit: 10
Respectful: 5
TOTAL: 70

Strength: 20
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 8
Stamina: 19
TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 26 ... 14!
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:12 pm
User Image

H'ral of Bronze Sigurath

Ah, but the feeling of rain as it scattered down on his hide was like heaven. The clouds swirled around his large wings as the older bronze began to show off, pushing himself towards the glowing Queen who filled his sense, Beautiful Khamaith, I would sing every song the harpers have ever written, and some they could never dream, so long as I could hold you in my claws. He meant every word, truly. She was a beautiful creature, so young and new. He wanted to show her what experience could do for such a beauty as her. He beat his wings harder, faster, chasing after her eagerly.

As she began to climb, so too did he. Roaring his pleasure, the bronze sought after that gorgeous Queen who spoke so prettily and glowed like the sun, You tire, beautiful one. Let your body rest, and allow me to carry you to safety. Let the storm sing of union, and the blessings you will bring to Western Weyr. Allow me to give you what I can offer such a gem as you.

-----------------------------------

Sigurath's Stats
Base points for bronze: 45 points
Between 21-35 turns: +7 points
Smooth-talker: +2 points
TOTAL: 69

Dexterity: 12
Stamina: 18

R1 : MISSED - 0
R2: 26 - 16 TOTAL
R3: 26 - 14 TOTAL
R4: 34 - 21 TOTAL

----------------------------

Sigurath
Positive Traits: Driven, Protective, Poetic
Negative Traits: Over-zealous, Aggressive, Playboy

H'ral
Positive Trait List: Jovial, Kind, Fatherly
Negative Trait List: Blunt, Rigid, Overprotective  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
TheWishling generated a random number between 1 and 34 ... 21!

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:14 pm
[Roll 2]  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff