Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:08 pm
A'star

A'star would like to have thought he'd challenge the entirety of High Reaches in order to visit his son, but really what he'd have done was stand in the background while his beautiful, fierce, strong, wonderful Euryale did it, then swooned into her arms like some image out of a romance novel.
"He's...he's going to b-become a man and I'm n-not gonna b-be here to help!" Oh, there were some things one only learned from their fathers, after all, and while A'star could probably list on one hand the actual practical knowledge he'd learned from his own dad, he couldn't help but now imagine himself as this actual vault of knowledge he'd never get to pass on to their son.

As if Euryale's wailing had redoubled his own efforts, he just sobbed miserably into her hair.

Aryale

Aryale felt a growing need to go sock her parents for some reason or other.

"I'm only in the hole to make him feel better about being in the hole," Aryale offered as her own answer to the very friendly, if not distressed, little bronze. "You'll understand when you start plucking him out of holes, little friend. I bet you'll get a better handle on it than I do!" she added, ruffling Yura's hair with one hand and offering a friendly scritch around a headknob to Nevidenth.

Then, all friendly greeting complete, the girl grabbed up her brother again to heave him out of the hole he'd found himself in, shaking her head all the while. "You are required to stay out of trouble for at least 3 months while he gets big enough to rescue you, Yura," she said, waiting for him to settle so they could handle part two of the rescue: Getting her out of the hole.

houllow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 pm
Haelwen & Sthenoth

Time passed, as it is wont to do, and as it went Sthenoth found herself feeling a little better, able to move about, eat, and be oiled without too much trouble. Haelwen was relieved and it flooded the bond the two shared, bolstering both of them in this difficult time. The young white dragon was quite upset that her green sister was no longer a part of this world, she kept telling Haelwen that the green had so much potential and yet, she was gone.

Haelwen had her work cut out for her trying to keep Sthenoth from starting a fight with Cadereth, the little dragon was certain she could take on the bronze but had settled for angered musings at her rider's bidding. Just wait and see Haelwenmine, that brute will get what he deserves one way or another. My sister deserved to experience this world just as much as the rest of us and he took that from her. Watch and see what comes for him in time. Haelwen felt the scathing fury that her bonded was directing towards Cadereth but managed to negate it with very concentrated thoughts of how happy she was that they were a pair now and that hers would make a full recovery as long as they were careful to avoid any further injury for the next few weeks. Yes, Haelwen had always been good at deflecting the anger of others and it seemed this might be a handy trait when it came to dealing with Sthenoth.

As the afternoon progressed the new Weyrlings readied for the feast. It was as she was putting on the finishing touches, one piece of which was a bracelet her brother had given her as a gift years ago, that she remembered she hadn't seen him since she carried Sthenoth past him on her way to the healers. Mine, would you be so kind as to tell my brother I will look for him at the feast? We have much to discuss and I would love for you to meet him.

The small white dragon seemed to consider this for a moment, almost as if wondering what the man could do for them, before she acquised the request and reached out to Hyseren. MyHaelwen would like to meet with you at the feast. Don't keep her waiting too long.

-----

Hyseren
The rest of the hatching had finished and Hyseren had gone off on his own to reflect on the events. He pondered over his course of action now. Haelwen had been chosen, he had not. Where did that leave them? Would she even have time for him anymore? They had been together since birth, shared everything with each other, and yet, from what he had been told, he would now share that, and more, with her dragon. Her dragon... what had become of the ill baby? He had left the hatching grounds before they had come back from the healers tent. He hoped, for his sister's sake, that the dragonet was feeling better.

After awhile the air grew chillier and he made his way back to the barracks to change. A feast was to follow the hatching and despite the events of the day he guessed that most would be expected to make an appearance. It was as he finished changing into his most presentable of outfits that he heard a voice in his mind. It seemed a bit judgmental, if he was being honest, but he bit his tongue and schooled his thoughts when he realized it was his sister's dragon he was hearing. Would it be able to read his mind or could she only hear him if he directed the thoughts at her? What if they were about her? How did this all work exactly, if the dragon was bonded with your twin?

Knowing his sister would be waiting for him and that many eyes would be on her and her dragonet made him take a little extra care with his appearance. He had looked good already but now he wanted to look grand and make the very best impression he could on everyone at this feast. He was fairly certain that some candidates would be removed from the Weyr after the events that had occured and while he hadn't figured out where his future was headed quite yet he was sure he didn't want to be barred from the Weyr himself.

-----
Haelwen & Sthenoth
Finding their way to the feast was easy, figuring out where to start? That was more difficult. Haelwen took in the gather people, dragons, entertainers, and the food, so much food, had she ever seen quite this much all in one place before? She didn't think so. Her nose and stomach seemed to agree that she should visit the food bearing tables first but when she scanned the people who had arrived so far and did not see her brother she decided that some meet and greets were in order.

First stop, Fianth and Olliah, who were standing near the entryway. Sthenoth seemed particularly inclined to visit with her mother anyway and there was no way that Haelwen would deny her. The pair approached slowly, mostly due to Haelwen's own slow pace though she was trying hard to not let the pain she felt show. When they had reached their destination Haelwen bowed low to them both before straightening her back and holding her head up, not haughty or proud, but dignified and respectable, before greeting them "Hello Junior Weyrwoman Olliah, Fianth, I am Haelwen, thank you both for allowing me the opportunity to meet my darling Sthenoth this morning. I hope that I will be able to make all of you proud."

Sthenoth's presence in the mind of her rider was excited and full of adoration for her most wonderful mother. As soon as she was close enough the white dragonet let out a quiet trill of happiness and nuzzled her mother's leg in an affectionate greeting. Mama, meet Mine, isn't she perfect? So smart and so strong. We are going to be amazing, so amazing. For us, and for you, and for Aureliath too... As the baby gazed up at her mother her eyes whirled purple and blue but there was grey there too, Sthenoth would not forget her sister and she would do great things in her honor.

Uta
Haelwen and little Sthenoth have come to greet her mama now that she feels a bit better (the second of their parts is for you)

Quote:
Open to interact with anyone, Hyseren is still in the barracks getting ready though, if anyone wants to interact with him there first go for it, otherwise he will show up in a bit smile

Rian-chan

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:39 am
Zyamel & brown Venandith
The dark haired girl gave a laugh at Martirae's easy brush off of her compliment. Well, that didn't bother her any. Did the dark haired woman actually look at herself in the mirror? She certainly knew how to draw the eye with such a rich purple gown, and with her golden dragon besides, cut a lovely figure. "Oh, don't you worry about that. I have hardly been able to keep my eyes off him. The fact that you've managed surely says something." She gave another one of her usual arrogant grins, before turning down to look at the handsome brown beside her.

And oh, how the girl would gaze at him all day if she could. She was still reeling from the high that was Impression, from the life that was so linked with her own. Venandith fit and complimented her in every way. It was just incredible, and she had to wonder how she'd ever managed without him. Her smile was absolutely genuine, no hint of teasing or feralness as she let her eyes admire the handsome beast. "Oh, you didn't miss much," she admitted fondly, "He was so enraptured with his own reflection I had to actually force him to look at me," she confessed. "I don't think anyone knew until I was by his side. He certainly made me wait long enough. First you, then that other girl, then Iathe--a bit of a late surprise, but worth every second." She looked back up at Martirae and gave another grin.

"Speaking of, congratulations on Impressing such a gorgeous lady yourself!" She looked approvingly at the gold, genuinely delighted that the dark haired girl and the little shy one were together. She remembered their conversation from the Touching, which now seemed like ages ago. "I'm glad you found Yours, truly. I suspect my mother will be pleased as punch to have two capable goldriders in her Weyr." A goldrider always would received extra scrutiny from the High Reaches Weyrwoman, Zyamel knew. She'd rather her mother focus on meeting and greeting them than facing her judgment; honestly, she wasn't entirely sure how her mother would feel about her own Impression.

But at least it was a match. At least she could finally start making herself useful in a new way.

Venandith, for his part, was only too happy to soak up the attention he was getting from His, the little gold, and Hers. He did rather wish to have a bit more, but as Zyamel seemed happy enough, he'd chat up the pretty little gold. And she was pretty! Honestly, so far, he was pleased to note that he'd wound up in a giant clutch full of lookers. None though, as beautiful as he... but there were a few who were at least decent enough.

His eyes whirled a bright blue-green as Anakumath greeted him.
I'd be better with more attention on me. He confessed. The finest brown on Pern is here, and yet it seems as if those within this room are blind to it. Perhaps they just don't realize greatness when they see it. He added thoughtfully, giving his wings a bit of a stretch, and twisting his neck this way and that so he might catch a glimpse of someone ooh-ing or ahh-ing his way.

And what of you and Yours? I'm certain you and Mictecath are the talk of the Weyr. He was too arrogant to be jealous--but already the cogs in his mind were trying to come up with some sort of plan in which to siphon some of that attention onto himself. Thankfully, His had enough sense to be friends with Martirae's, so at least he'd get noticed by proxy.

demon_pachabel

- - - -
C'lusi & blue Macuith
He was running a bit late to the feast. Nadry had gone on ahead, and C'lusi had rather gotten wrapped up in both figuring out what he was going to wear. R'shahar was on guest duty, picking up those with enough rank and sway with the Weyr to come on back of a bronze. Nobody had asked C'lusi to pick up anyone, but he supposed that was just as well--it gave him more time to decide on what to wear.

In his typical fashion, the man cared very little about what was proper and what wasn't. He simply wanted to look good. So he settled on a mesh shirt, and a fur-lined tunic of dark blue that was literally held together by a few ties and belts. It showed more than enough skin, but the mesh at least made it somewhat more appropriate. His pants were black leather, with a few more buckled straps attached, and boots that went up to his knees. A bit of silver jewelry to make things pop, and a bit of eyeliner finished his look. There. That was surely tempting enough, wasn't it?

A bit of a tease on any eyes that fell upon him; showing just enough skin to tempt, and perhaps to be a bit scandalous especially in winter. And yet... C'lusi knew how to keep warm.

So it was, Macuith happily dropped off His at the entrance of the Feast, before looking for his own date. Menankith! Care for a bit of company, love? I've got a wing in which to keep you warm. He gave a croon, eyes whirling a purple-blue as he looked for a familiar brown. He figured they could both wait for a certain bronze to join them, and until then, he'd have no trouble keeping Menankith warm and cozy.

C'lusi, for his part, was looking for a certain rider. His eyes might have admired other guests as he passed, but it was only when he caught sight of her near the tables, chatting up with another that his eyes brightened. From what he saw, she looked amazing. The red dress was absolutely divine--no wonder she was being chatted up by some stranger.

Like a feline on the prowl, C'lusi sauntered over and had no trouble interrupting. "Forgive the interruption but enjoying the sweets, my sweet?" He purred, sliding up to Nadry and pulling her easily and confidentially into his arms. As if he were the shy sort. As if he didn't have free allowance after all this time. Besides which--he wasn't the jealous sort, but he didn't know who this stranger was, and he needed to ensure that anyone in the Weyr knew she was firmly taken.

Still, his smile was genuine, and friendly, and he did give the other an appraising look. If Nadry had pointed out her brother during the Hatching, having sat so far up in the Tiers, seeing him far away was different then meeting him up close. He hadn't put the connection together quite yet...

Meepfur

Smerdle

Kronoseth
The brown dragon had not left the Weyr... Not. Not yet. He had spent much of the time comforting Rhianth, who had seemed rather devastated. It worked out well enough, he supposed. While his children slept, he was able to spend time with his dearest hearts..

But it was time to attend the feast. Kronoseth wished to do good by his beloved, but he also was tempted by the cries of his children. His beloved hatchlings whom he would soon be parted from; his beloveds that he yearned to be with, to watch them grow, watch them fight, watch them... protect Pern as he yearned to protect Pern. And yet... He would followed Rhianth, even if his own dreams and desires were put on hold. Some might think him a shameful or cowardly brown, but there was no doubt that Kronoseth would be the first to fight if his situation allowed for it. But his hearts belonged to Rhianth, well and truly. Where she went, he followed. Always.

Winging down to the Bowl, the large brown lay down not terribly far from Fianth. Enough so the gold had room, and where he would not be in the way--but close enough that any hatchlings that wished to see him might not have to wander terribly far. Beloveds, I am here. Your mother will be down shortly, but until then, my wings might keep you and Yours warm. Let me look upon you all,, my dearest ones. For it might well be the last time he got to see them, depending on when Rhianth wished to leave. Even if none came to him, he could at least admire from afar. This was their day, and yet, the large brown knew that too soon he would be off again...

He might have helped to give them life, but they were now the Weyrs.

I am here, Tierth, and happy to meet Yours. Sweet Algeriath, if it is dancing you desire, than I shall happily be your partner.

medigel

BastetAmun

[[OK! I forget who all is looking for Kronoseth but... Papa's here for now. I think Rhianth will show up later!

Also, I must hurry to get ready to head to Thanksgiving stuff so Fianth and Junenth will happen next I get a chance to tag. Ermg. Sorry for the hold up.]]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:33 am
V'lik and Raith
Wingleader of Star Flame Wing

V'lik gave a nod of agreement to that statement, folding his arms across his chest in a more relaxed pose. While he still wasn't merry, he did't look quite so imposing. For the moment anyways. There was something to be said for kindred spirits having to suffer together, right?

A small chuckle escaped. "Oh, aye. I imagine there is." He'd made sure that those of his Wing knew that there would be no exceptions for hungover wherries when drills began. But even he had to allow his rider's a chance to celebrate some of their own Impressing. Even if they were now to be of High Reaches.

The Wingleader glanced over, an eyebrow slowly rising. And a smirk appearing briefly. "Perhaps I should make the suggestion?" He was quite aware that Danzik would most certainly teach the whelp a lesson or several. "Or he'll wind up in my Wing." He said thoughtfully. "I'm sure either placement would be satisfactory." And the offending bronze pair would surely learn a thing or two about mouthing off to a superior.

V'lik nodded, a rare fond look crossing his features. "I remember not being able to believe that this sharding cranky blue beast had just picked me." He chuckled a little, sensing the blue's amusement. "But I'll never forget that moment."

Eosphoth, my lady. I have found myself a nice, quiet spot to observe from. He shared a mental image of his dark and peaceful ledge, himself lounging in a much similar fashion to the green. Ah, yes. The music is quite nice to listen in on.

demon_pachabel

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:13 pm
Martirae and Gold Anakumath

"It sounds like I missed everything," Martirae replied, "It was your moment, after all." Even if Venandith hadn't put on a grand show as some hatchlings did, it was no less for it. Her own moment with Anakumath hadn't been any less wonderful for not being a spectacle meant for anybody but the two of them. "Nobody was left behind. Good," which meant nobody had left Marty hanging when she'd said she'd wait.

Anakumath peered back up at Zyamel, eyes whirling between yellow and green before she tucked her face into Martirae's side for a moment. The woman looked down at her, her heart feeling ready to burst from her chest all over again. "Thank you. She is.....everything more than I ever dared to think of," which privately was not much. Only to be wanted. Only to be their perfect one and only. She quite pointedly looked to where the Weyrwomen were dancing when Zyamel mentioned her mother. They'd see if the rest of High Reaches felt that way. She'd be ready for any judgement.

"A turn of training. Probably going to be the easiest part of the rest of our lives."

Venandith's posing seemed to be for his own benefit and Anakumath breathed a quiet sigh of relief as she looked him over. Oh. I.... her eyes whirled yellow at his described plight, Surely it is because you are hidden away here with me when there are much better places and dragons to be with. It was a very simple solution, or so she thought.

Things have been quiet so far, but.... Martirae felt her heart squeeze tightly from some secondhand response from Anakumath, and she reached down a hand to rest it against the gold's head comfortingly. Mictecath, surely. But..... there are surely better dragons that are holding their attention than me, though she knew already Venandith clearly wasn't getting as much as he would have liked at that moment.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:30 pm
Danzik of Green Eosphoth
Wingsecond of Fire Storm Wing

"I'm sure the kitchen is keeping them all happy," though she knew it all came with lectures and stern threats to remind them all how they were meant to behave. A shame that they were all children now. This way, at least, the older Weyrlings who wouldn't have got to come now got to be part of some celebration or other.

Danzik passed a look back at V'lik, expression mute beyond the traces of a knowing smile. "I trust R'mor and Hestina will find a proper place for him. But perhaps a little nudge wouldn't be a bad idea," while she trusted all of their Wingleaders to wrangle any troublemakers into a decent rider she had a distinct feeling nobody was scrambling for this particular pair.

"The magic is never lost," she sent a fond nudge to Eosphoth at the thought. "I just hope all of these little ones get to make it to that point," a weary thought, perhaps, but it was only youth and luck that so few dragons had been struck from the records the last few turns - that all of Vimiath's last clutch had made it to this point. "I think someone like you and Raith may be the best fit for my boy when he graduates."

Does the cold not bother you so far up? Eosphoth inquired. Certainly, being a dragon helped with being warm, but High Reaches was not as nice as their own beach and she found herself missing it. A shame the rest could not come.

Kyrieko

Kyrieko

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:01 pm
D'zrak and Bronze Slidrianth
User Image

It was time for them for them make their debut to the Weyr... and, well, maybe not the world. Western had gone and disgraced themselves at the Hatchings, and never mind the Candidates who'd acted like utter deadglows. D'zrak had carefully dressed to play the part of a young, dashing lord. Clothed in fine cloth of deep navy blue and trimmed with gold, he was a striking figure against his equally beautiful bronze hatchling. The damask swirl patterns peppered across the navy added for interesting texture, and he thought even Amaretti would be proud. Both he and Slidrianth moved with confidence as they made their way towards the Feast.

He'd always known he was meant for something great, but even his nigh-unflappable confidence could have never prepared him for the bond he was experiencing now. We'll be sure to greet everyone, of course. Slidrianth was taking in the gathered people and dragons with blue eyes, quite content to see so many of his siblings and cousins mingling so far. Naturally, their most special of days had ended on such a tragic note. Aureliath... A sweet sister, gone to find Hers, forever lost Between. A tragedy, truly, but not something that could be undone. Slidrianth naturally did not believe that Cadereth had known that their cousin had chosen that boy in particular, but he knew that others would not be so forgiving.

It took D'zrak a moment to recognize Amaretti, eyeing that brilliant blue hair with an appreciative eye. "Go have fun. I'll be nearby." The bronze sent him amused acknowledgement but did not deter him. The redhead wove his way through the crowds, his eyes fixed only on the curvy woman who was near one of the Queenriders. "Lady Olliah," He swept into a bow befitting a noble. "My congratulations on Fianth's clutch. And... I'm sorry, for the loss." From what he knew of Fianth, she was an extremely caring mother, and there was no doubt that the loss of the little green had devastated her.

Slidrianth made his way carefully towards one of his blue cousins in particular, his eyes still whirling pleasantly. Samedith. He greeted the eye-catching blue. You and Yours are looking stunning, though I expected nothing less.

Mr Cheri

Uta

dawns_aura

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:44 pm
[pretend there's a 40 y/o one eyed avi here f u gaia]User Image
ulix and brown argoth

It was about time someone had kicked Western in the stones. Ulix saw this whole Hatching less as a joyous event where a shardload of weyrlings were getting moved up, certainly not a time to be mourning one egg when something like fifty had made it, and most definitely the best example to the other fighting weyr that High Reaches had clout that Western didn't. Let them simper and lick their wounds while High Reaches enjoyed an enormous class of soon to be fighting dragons. He viciously enjoyed the tension, the superiority of his alma mater.

And two more lovely golds for you in the future, he told his brown encouragingly, though he could only occasionally glance towards Anakumath from his position inside. This one seems as anxious as you; perhaps you can soothe her when she's older. Or would you prefer the fiery one that threw down that idiot boy? He was happy to make small talk with either rider if it might get his dragon's claw past the door.

Argoth sighed, but his mental nudge had some silent gratefulness at Ulix's attempt to cheer him up. That's a bit soon to be thinking of it, isn't it, Mine? I-I can just enjoy the music for right now.

Harpers, if nothing else, could soothe the brown's hearts. He had edged as close as he could without intruding, which wasn't very close given his size, and he closed his eyes and gently swayed to the slow number one was playing. Argoth had been slow to get over his loss over Fianth, and seeing the children gambol about and interact with their parents made him want to pick at the wound some more. That was why Ulix was quick to try and arrange for his future attempts with the younglings, assure him that he had clearly proven himself capable of keeping up with and catching a gold if nothing else. The brown understood the intent, but it wasn't quite what he wanted. He didn't want an arrangement or to be predatory, he just wanted...he didn't know. Music, for now, seemed a simple wish to grant. And so he hummed along.

I'll join you after I scope the party, Ulix said after a moment. He drank his klah and sat back, people watching with his one good, bright blue eye.

Quote:
ulix and argoth available, if you want the other not!gaston or his dog in dragon form

medigel

Anxious Spirit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:14 pm
Faranie and Blue Samedith
Faranie and Samedith had been wandering around, not knowing many, nor caring to spend time with many in particular, when their time could be better spent seeking out those who might be useful allies in the future. It was never too early to find those with power and influence to stand at one's side... A mindset that both the blue and his golden beauty shared.

Allies would be most useful especially now, with the changes in the weyr and the relationships between them. They could stand to have friends in high places in the future when they were able to go out and actually do things. Or even for now if they might happen to step a little too far over the lines... if it occurred, not that they would be caught doing such a thing, absolutely not. But still, having others on ones side would be... prudent. And They were nothing if not that. So Faranie wove through the crowds, stopping here and there at people she had already known, and perhaps had used or planned to use before she had met Him.

Dear Heart, I am going to mingle. You can stay close, or perhaps if you want to see your siblings or cousins, now would be a good time. But if you need me, I will be nearby. Faranie sent with warm affection.

Bright eyes whirling green and blue scanned the crowds.FaranieMine, go and dazzle. Find us some friends. He paused and took a step away from her side. He admired her, knowing she was lovely and well suited to him. Just as He was perfect for Her. They would accomplish great things together. And all of Pern would know them. Just not yet. Not yet.

Seeing one of his bronze cousins coming to greet Him, Samedith was curious as to what the purpose was. The greeting was pleasant, and he couldn't help but puff up with pride. He knew he looked good, and His was stunning, but the acknowledgment was always a welcome thing. Cousin Slidrianth, you and Yours look well.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:05 am
Rykin

In the half a second before Nadry smeared him with icing, Rykin found himself caught between amusement and concern, considering that this was a borrowed coat. Amusement won tonight, of course, and his lips curved a bit higher than they had been. The coat was far from actually dirty, and he was way more interested in seeing that she was happy than complaining about things that didn't matter.

"I liked it far more than I think I should have, what with the..." He paused. It wouldn't do to bring up dead candidates and dragons right now, but hopefully she could puzzle out how he felt about all of that without him going into gory detail. "... well, some of the more upsetting parts? I was standing with a boy whose sister Impressed. It was a little like seeing it for myself might have been. And I'm still alive. So, I can't complain." There were other reasons why he wasn't particularly upset about not attracting a dragon, but starting in on his own level of readiness when so many others hit the sands completely unprepared felt like a conversation for another time. Especially when his sister was being felt up by a mysterious stranger.

Rykin's eyes widened faintly at C'lusi's brazen approach, but he regained his composure quickly enough, nodding a greeting to the other man. He wasn't judging, not by any means, he was just far more curious than he should have been.

"Good evening."

Meepfur
Uta

Smerdle

Scamp

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 am
Nadry and Menankith
"After seeing that, Menankith's clutchmates seem a lot more well-behaved than I gave them credit for." There'd been some incidents, and Aresoth terrifyingly unconcerned about collateral damage, but none of the hatchlings had done the candidates any intentional harm, and they certainly hadn't killed anyone. "I'm glad you made it through alright, I-"

Why, hello.  This was- Well. Goodbye to that train of thought, and hello C'lusi.

She'd come a long way in the last several months, from their first date (shards, from her first date ever!) where she'd been a bundle of nerves.  She'd not touched a thing while she waited for R'shahar and C'lusi, and even after had barely eaten more than a bite or two of food at best.  Even with her doubts about this dress, she still wasn't fretting half so much, and hadn't lost her appetite to a stomach full of flitters.  She certainly wouldn't have dreamed then of starting with cake, Faranth forbid!  She'd have worried about the impression that might leave.

But now?  Though the insecurities and doubts did still try to creep up sometimes, they were more easily ignored or drowned out.  And they got harder and harder to hold onto at all, in the face of all the open and ardent affection she was showered with.  There were still moments she had to stop and wonder that any of this could actually be real, but when C'lusi - of course dressed just as C'lusi as he could possibly be - swanned right over to take her into his arms right in front of her brother, she didn't have to wonder.  The rush of awkwardness was definitely real.  Nadry flushed quite red (not that that was an uncommon occurence in the bluerider's company), ducked her head, and had to laugh.  Awkward or not, however, she had no objections...shameful as it was to admit, she loved the attention, the ready closeness, and soaked up every second of it.

"C'lusi," she said fondly, resting her mostly frosting-less free hand against his chest, looking back to Rykin but having a bit of a hard time looking him in the eye, "This is my brother, Rykin.  Rykin, this is C'lusi, of Macuith." With C'lusi in such fine form, and so ready to ensure that everyone knew how taken she was, it might well have been for the best that R'shahar was stuck ferrying guests.  He was, well.  Quite an imposing figure.  And Faranth only knew what he was wearing! (Not that she would ever want either of them to be anything less than themselves.) She'd mentioned her beaus, of course, but introducing them was quite another.  Would they get along?  What would Rykin think?  As the only family she had left that was willing to acknowledge her, she desperately hoped he'd approve, but was also acutely aware that this past sevenday was the first they'd seen each other since she was...shards, just a kid, really.

Now here she was, not long off from eighteen, and a brownrider with not one but two boyfriends.  She couldn't help but worry how it would all go.

Menankith at least had nothing to be concerned about, as he all but bounded towards Macuith the moment the blue landed.  As serious as he could be much of the time, however grave his concerns and intense his convictions, he might as well have been a puppy around Macuith and Viandarth, overflowing with love and eagerness, and a curiosity that had never dampened.  He wasted no time at all snuggling up to his clutchmate, positively thrumming with happiness. The chill is refreshing, but I would far rather be close to you than anywhere else, even if summer were upon us again.

The past summer had been swelteringly hot even before the Flights that had led to the clutches they now celebrated, but that hadn't kept him from the embraces of his loves for even one moment.  Ah, the time they had had!  The brown had gotten off to a rocky start in the realm of relationships, to say the least, and while there was still an ache in his hearts over much of what had happened, and a guilt he might well never be rid of, he could love Macuith and Viandarth no less.

Uta

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:18 am
K’ienn and bronze Yisketh

It was with genuine surprise that Yisketh found himself invited into Eveleth’s court at the feast; he had acted on pure emotion when he’d chased after the offending bronze. It wasn’t necessarily his hearts’ desire to be close to the reining queen, but it felt so good to be favored by his mother, even if it would only be for a short while. He took a place among her other favored males, eyes whirling soft, contented colors.

His rider was dressed in his usual white for the event, the richness of his warm skin tone contrasting nicely with the soft leather and fur. His gaze lingered on Olliah and Fianth as he walked through the crowd, but he could see they had enough going on at the moment. Anyway, the person he wanted to see first was Falienn. He’d avoided much of the after-hatch chatter, lest he hear his son’s new name from anywhere but the boy himself. He hadn’t expected that detail of all things to feel so sacred, but nearly everything involving his son had been something beyond his expectations from the very beginning.

He spotted the boy easily by his somewhat flamboyant outfit and came to a full halt. Not because of the newborn green at his side, but because of a sudden pang of nerves. He swallowed them down and continued on. Either the boy would be glad to see him, or he wouldn’t. As he got closer and the possibility of being noticed increased, his mind was rife with greetings he might give. His pride wanted to give a speech worthy of a Wingleader to a member of the next generation of riders, but even as the words formed, he knew it wasn’t right.

“You did well, son,” was what came out.

ShinosBee

Teiha

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:58 am

I'm sorry, I don't believe I understood you correctly, came a smooth, gentle voice. Perhaps you misspoke. My darling sister, Fianth, acted only as any other mother might upon losing a cherished child. Emotions ran high and if your rider does not approve, she may find this a learning experience. The Weyrwoman Second is quite above your reproach, dear little niece. Silmarath, curled beside his adorable Kindeth, nevertheless had a word to speak in his sister's defense. Yet the dear, darling little Green was only speaking in defense of her rider. He sent her gentle fondness, understanding of her intent, and yet the light, careful scolding of an older, senior member of her family.

Be'ren, dressed in Harper blue with silver edging, came to stand before Olliah. Giving the Weyrwoman Second a deep bow, he kissed the back of her hand in a courtly manner, deep affection in his gaze as he looked up at her. "Congratulations, Lady Olliah... and my deepest condolences for your loss. Silmarath sends his regards." Why, look at the little court gathered around beautiful Olliah - no doubt the resplendent woman deserved nothing less. D'mon's brother was... undoubtedly his doppleganger at the moment, if dressed in a different hue. He'd long since given up trying to hide their connection, for there was certainly no shame in it. Olliah was... stunning. The only person standing in view.

----

Well. This... was not going according to plan. L'zar had his arms full of a gift for Andrestia, and the girl was both on the verge of tears, and now being defended by a little dragonet. Oh dear. "Congratulations, Andrestia. We picked this out for you to celebrate your achievement. I know you had been hoping for something else, but maybe it'll help." He offered the bundle to Andrestia, a wry smile on his lips. "There's more waiting back at our weyr - we can bring it to your bunk, if you like." Awkwardly, they were now thrown into the middle of a very tense situation.

And L'zar really didn't know what to say. She was D'mos's sister, which meant that she was practically family. L'zar, for his part, barely had a family - which meant that any family of D'mos's was treasured. Unfortunately, they weren't who she'd been hoping to see, and it was immediately obvious to him what had her so down and sad. "Your boy is beautiful," he added, glancing down at the little hatchling. What a splendid brown! Surely any father would be proud of such a handsome beast, but... sadly, it seemed that Andrestia's father was one of those rare exceptions.

We are not the reason she is upset, Therinth spoke up, a little offended that anyone would assume that either of the two men would make a girl cry. They were honorable riders, after all, and not the sort to bring tears to a new rider's eyes. Unless they were tears of joy, that was. The bronze dragon cuddled against his mate, his eyes a baleful red for a moment... before they settled into a more restful green. It was only a little dragon, after all.

---

Sucurith, for his part, utterly ignored his sister. He had things to do, and those things involved playing with his mother. Peeking out from beneath her wing, he peered up at Fianth. She wasn't looking at him right now... so he slunk around to her other wing. So sneaky! Mother wouldn't notice for sure! ... Except partway through the process of sneaking, he looked up and...

The world stood still. Who was that beautiful, handsome creature? Be still his beating hearts! Venandith was a splendid brown, and Sucurith found himself struck by the mere sight of him. Okay, well... maybe he could sneak a peek or two while hiding beneath Mother's wing. Eyes bright blue embellished with a customary yellow, he watched all the goings on. Sssslidrianth, look! Isssn't he handssssome? he inquired, directing his cousin's attention to a certain standout brown.

Nevermind that Sli was busy. Nevermind that Sli had already found a handsome boy. ... And come to think of it, Samedith was quite fetching. Hmm.

Amare gave a soft laugh at the blue's antics, her eyes darkening when D'zrak spoke. Ah... yes, that was quite tragic, indeed. A sister to her own dear Sucurith, cut down before she'd had a chance to live hardly at all. Her eyes, however, were quite full of the sight of a certain bronzerider who was making quite an excellent show of it. She felt... proud. He'd grown so much in the time they'd known one another!

---

Oblivious to the growing tension in the air, Yunara looked up... and there he was. Frozen, caught like a doe in the meadow, the young woman stared back. Surprise registered when K'rou nearly fell over. What had caused that? But... maybe it would be best to go and congratulation him. After all, the angry bronze beside him was certainly reason enough. The girl closed the distance between them, and then sank into a deep curtsy. "Congratulations," she said softly, scarcely daring to raise her head. Husband or no, K'rou was... her only friend. Truly.

Even if now she was afraid that that little bronze would take him away. ... Even if she felt sure that he wanted to go. When she glanced up at last, her eyes were full of a desperate plea, though he was unlikely to read it. K'rou had never seemed to know exactly what she was thinking. He had come from such a different world, and remained so. Apart. Above. Never at her level. If she wanted to be noticed by him, she would have to find some way to rise up to his. Yet that seemed impossible. Hopeless. Perhaps it was.

Uta
Sinders Path
stella cinere
baby_gwing
Tsunake
Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:59 pm

Siloth was perhaps the most delighted of all bronzes. He was seated comfortably beside Eveleth, the most lovely of Queens, his eyes happily whirling blue and green. The Queen of all Queens had invited him to sit beside her, and his dutiful hearts could not be more pleased. Although he was certainly aware that he was not her choice in clutchsires, he was an admirer all the same. And of course he had rushed to her defense when the outsider had spoken ill of her. For who could speak so of his Queen in her own Weyr? Such unabashed knavery was not to be tolerated in High Reaches. How beautiful she looked! How splendid and lovely, and no doubt proud. For she was granddame to all of these fine young hatchlings.

A late arrival to the Feast, Wingleader Z'tir of bronze Siloth undoubtedly had striven to be timely. However, as his bronze had been entertaining Eveleth, he had had to make his way on foot. For all that his cane was quite fine indeed, he was slow in his approach. Dressed in dark brown wherhide, Z'tir made his way slowly to the place where the weyrlings gathered. He wished to look upon the new hope of Pern. Perhaps he might even see his child there - disappointed though he was that Zelaya had not yet Impressed, he had noted with pride that a number of High Reaches' own had. One of the young Queenriders was of High Reaches, which was a credit to the Weyr. It seemed that the other had taken her new home in stride.

Curious to meet the new generation, the rider hobbled his way toward the growing crowd. No doubt some among his own Wing would be there. Coming to a stop near the entrance, the bronzerider observed the goings on. Tensions were high between Western and High Reaches, and yet given the spectacle before them, it would seem that the Weyrwomen of both Weyrs had chosen to give a show of solidarity, of which he approved. Why should they not be allies against the dreaded menace? Still, his eyes scanned the crowd, just to be sure that a certain bronzerider did not make an appearance.

---

There were eyes upon them, but Hestina was not concerned with the majority. A few in particular stood out. She took Zheria for another turn around the dance floor, finally dipping the woman. "You may be accustomed to this sight, but some of your admirers are particularly well trained," she murmured. For she had recognized a certain stance, a certain... carriage. Foolish of them to let their training show. A smarter assassin would have hidden among the crowd, blending more fully in. But in Captain Dread's arms, Zheria was now quite safe. For if anyone was prepared to deal with the current situation, it was certain she. Still, she might take a moment to admire the fine lady within her hold. Zheria was quite splendidly lovely, with brown eyes that seemed to miss nothing.

---

Wingsecond Illa had arrived in full regalia, her knots proudly upon her shoulder. There were a number of new ladies upon brown and blue dragons, and they were to be congratulated! All of the new recruits were, truth be told. Yet Illa was pleased and proud to see Nadry standing with one of her boyfriends. Oh, how that one had grown. It seemed that there was nothing Nadry could not do. Amusement sparkled in steely grey eyes, and the woman took a moment to watch, wondering whether the second boy would make his appearance. Look how her protege had flourished - with everything against her, she had nonetheless risen above, and found quite a handsome pair of men for herself, too.

---

Little Skerath, I am here, Rhianth said from the heights. Some of her children sought her out, and so the grieving Queen descended. Her color was unusually grey. Perhaps she still felt the guilt of what her own line had done to her poor sister. Algeriath, my love, where have you gone off to? Little children, so young. Rhianth did not feel the strong pulling that others might, but still, a gentle fondness permeated the Queen. She settled down where her children could reach her if they so chose. Her usual adornments were absent; perhaps she did not quite feel like celebrating at this exact moment.

Uta
Tsunake
medigel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:22 pm
Olliah & Fianth
Fianth continued to "search", and her eyes rolled a rich blue with humor. She was pleased that little Holleth played the game. Oh dear. I seem to have lost my Sucurith. Well... I suppose I shall have to cuddle up ever more with you, my lovely Holleth. And once more, she leaned out, giving fond love to the little beautiful blue--even as a stream of love was also sent to the playful little blue sneaking around her.

While Sucurith played, she lifted her wing up just a bit, so the little one could more easily get beneath her other wing. No, she didn't notice him all. Well, if you find him, Holleth. Let him know I love him, just as I love you. And she booped the little blues nose with her own, affection given more than freely. Too soon they would all be practicing, drilling, and being sent up to fight Thread. Too soon, they would all be grown, and might never yet yearn for a minute of her time.

"He is quite striking, isn't he?" Olliah complimented. "I do hope you have a grand time tonight. The hard part begins tomorrow, and I know V'mel will have you down in studie and drills for the next Turn." Dragonriding wasn't easy, after all; it took more time and work than most of Pern realized.

When Fela approached, the Weyrwoman Second was a bit surprised, but not offended. Her smile was as warm for Fela as it was Talis--though she was not entirely certain of their relationship. "Why thank you, Fela," she gave a dip of her head. "Fianth and I are both proud of the young ones hatched today." Even if the Hatching itself had been...complicated. "And oh, I am quite fine, truly," she smiled. "It's chilly, but I'm close enough to the entrance the worst of it's staved off and Fianth is radiating enough heat to keep me comfortable." If worse came to worse she'd get a warm drink but for now...well. There were guests to greet, after all. Someone in the Weyr had to do it.

Fianth sent a fond wave of warmth over Sophrosunth. You and Yours were and are still memorable, dear Sophrosunth. And look at the fine dragonpair you and Yours have grown into! Each generation is a blessing, truly. She remembered Uridith and Takarath's brood fondly. The Tarot Clutch might be graduated, but they were no less loved.

The woman watched as another bluerider approached. This one she remembered well--if only because of the antics of his lovely little blue. The woman smiled warmly as he approached, dipping her head in greeting. "Congratulations on finding Yours this day. He made quite a memorable moment finding you," she mused, though her eyes brightened at the thought. Though there had been sadness, and stress, there had also been joy, including how the little, sweet blue had taken to having Krah seek out the best and brightest. "I wish the two of you well on your journey together." And she meant that sincerely.

Fianth did pause in her search for her son, to give Igonth a happy and sweet croon. She leaned her head out to nose at him fondly, eyes whirling a bright blue-green. Hello my darling. How fine you and Yours look this night. I do hope you have a nice time this evening--I am certain you'll be the talk of the Weyr. And what she did not say was how he would be welcome back under her wing anytime he wished it.

When a precious little gold came up, Fianth did lift her head. Her eyes whirled faster as Mictecath approached, and she crooned lovingly when the little one pounced upon her arm. She leaned down, nuzzling the little gold ever so affectionately. Ah, precious heart, I have not been unhappy that all of you have found Yours, but I did yearn to see you once more. I am happy for you, and know that you will keep good watch on your clutchmates even when I cannot be there. The gold had proven to be most responsible, and loving towards her siblings; with such a large brood, it would be good for them all. And you are kind, my sweetling, but if I entered the Barracks, then I might make Rhianth jealous, or at least her brood. So I shall stay upon my weyr, but if you or your clutchmates ever need me, I am but a word away. And that was the truth.

Olliah was pleased for Fianth that her gold had a daughter that seemed ever loving towards her. The last time she'd clutched a gold, Sharath had been so headstrong and independent that their relationship had, and still remained, strained. It was nice to see the potential of a positive relationship within the heart of this one.

"Congratulations to you both," Olliah greeted warmly, giving a bow to the Weyr's newest goldrider. "I have no doubt we'll be seeing one another often as your lessons progress," she noted with a smile. Both Martirae and Nyaranau would be given many private lessons with the weyrwomen of High Reaches, but many also lead primarily by Olliah and Zheria. When the girl immediately turned around to ask if she'd eaten, well... It almost caught her off guard. "I have not yet, but I might pick my way in later for a bite. No need to think of me, really," she insisted with a small laugh. "This is your night--enjoy yourself, truly, both of you." And her smile included them both.

When the little green Matoath passed, the gold did croon fondly at the little one. Still, neither rider nor dragon seemed to want to linger, and though Olliah smiled at the girl, and offered a nod, the other seemed..anxious, perhaps? Reserved? Perhaps they weren't keen on the crowds. Congratulations to you and Yours, little one. Enjoy the night, and we'll be here if you wish to return. Or at least Fianth would be. She knew Hers might well step inside later, or slip off back to her weyr when she thought she might not be so missed.

Next up was a red-head and a fiesty little green. Fianth did blink in surprise as the green bounded up not to greet her, but instead to scold. She stared down at her young daughter, and gave a small snort--though it was not dismissive. She did not expect either girl or dragon to understand--especially without them knowing the whole story. Many in Western Weyr would have left post-Hatching whether or not I said anything at all. It was early when they arrived, and the Feast was many hours away. I do not regret my choice, inconvenient as they may have been to Yours. Cooler heads needed to prevail, and sometimes the best choice for all parties results in disgruntled or hurt feelings. Still, to show there was no ill-will, she did reach out to nose the little green with the tenderness she had given the rest of her brood--assuming Ulendoth allowed it.

The gold did not begrudge the green her feelings or her riders--but she was not going to apologize for what had needed to happen. At the time, she did what she felt was right, and it was not simply because of one errant bronze. Between the spike of defensiveness of High Reaches riders, the over all negativity of both Candidates and guests, and the tensions growing on both sides--she would not have risked her unhatched babies. High Reaches Weyr had shown Vimiath and her clutch nothing but respect during their Hatching--there was no shame in demanding the same in return.

Olliah, for her part, did arch a brow. While she might have technically been considered a Junior Weyrwoman, her official title was truly the Weyrwoman Second. Still, it was a small technicality. "No apologies needed," she assured. "Hatchlings are often young and rambunctious, though I have no doubt you will learn to temper her with time. Such is a rider's duty." Those who did not, after all, would wind up like Jacomus and Kraketh--with a dragon who spoke out of turn because his rider did not know how to keep them in check. Or worse--like many a weyrling who did not live to see Graduation due to their dragon taking charge and not truly listening or understanding. Any other night she might have laughed and shrugged it away--but tonight was not a good night for the gold rider.

Would another gold have received such criticism? Would another hatching, for that matter? Or that of another Weyr? Still, she gave a dip of her head to both. "Congratulations on finding one another--may you both find great happiness in one another, and may you find joy in this new chapter of your life. I have no doubt you'll keep V'mel on his toes. Such vibrant fire and boldness can be put to good use." And that was ever true.

When a white approached, Fianth leaned down so she might nuzzle the little baby attached to her leg. Sweet Sthenoth--I am so pleased to see you are well and happy. Yours is certainly perfect, and I have no doubt the two of you will go far in your training. And... I have no doubt your sister would be so proud, too. There was a twinge of grey in her eye, over the lost little green--the one she had hardly seen alive before she'd thrown herself into the cold of Between to join Hers. But she would not think about that--not with her living darlings so near.

"Greetings, Haelwen--I am glad you found Yours this day. I have no doubt you'll be an asset to the Weyr. We're already proud--to be sought out by a dragon of any color is a great thing indeed." And unlike some, Olliah was not turned off by the idea of whites. So long as they were healthy and capable, she knew they could be of great use. A dragon was a dragon, after all, and Pern needed dragons more than ever.

Be'ren's approach was a bit of a surprise, though she did not object. She was so used to seeing the faces of the young, new weyrlings that she almost wasn't sure what to do now that Be'ren was there! Still, she smiled, and if color touched her cheeks at the kiss of the hand well... Really now. What was she supposed to do with such courtly graces? The woman was unaccustomed to such things, for all that she was a lady of rank. "Thank you for the condolences, bronzerider," she spoke with a touch of formality, if only because there were weyrlings present. And what else was she to do or think? "I trust Silmarath is well this night? I do hope you're able to enjoy the festivities."

Meepfur

Smerdle

Sweet Symmetry

NovaCracker

Sinders Path

Rian-chan

Mr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash