[META ORP] New Blood Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:22 pm
Kemmasi did not answer immediately, considering his own words and Dharau himself. He hadn't quite yet answered when his ear caught the word Elo not once, but twice, and he took half a step forward in order to be easier for their new sister and brother to pick out. "The method by which Nchekwube joined the Amusu might be irregular, but I believe his ability to be a boon to the pride. Although I'm sure you and I both remember the risk that even the most well-intentioned may carry...we will die out if we never accept new blood." His words were quiet, and grew more so as he spoke. Hushed words, seeking to both settle doubts that his family member might carry and impress upon them the importance of this event. Suppressing his own worries, he put a smile on his face and spoke louder for the lioness and lion that had just joined them. "Welcome strangers! I see you've been placed in the Elo family. I am Kemmasi, and as the family's Amusu it is my honor to welcome you."

He would allow Dharau to introduce himself as he wished. Not all were convinced this was yet necessary, and as long as none were violent he would allow them to be as social (or not) as they wished. He did not want to have to sort any new bones prematurely.

Anderleit

Andranis

Amon Larethian

User Image

Terhen looked at the gathering in front of him and took a breath, closing indigo eyes for just a moment. There was some nervousness to approaching a pride, especially one that kept to itself as much as this one did. He hadn't even been able to find it until the recent earthquake... He shook his head a little to clear it of stray thoughts before they grew too distracting, opting to observe the group for a few minutes instead. Ah...there. That one was the one controlling the flow of the gathering, from the way many stepped up to him before joining the others. The one he needed to talk to as well, then.

Once the individual in front of him had finished and stepped aside, he approached the young male with a respectful nod to him and the two near him that shared color and pattern. Parents, maybe? "My name is Terhen. It is good to meet you, and I hope that I am welcome."

oo DeD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:34 pm
She was pleased that their newest addition to the family was seeming to want to stick close for now. "If you wish to mingle a little you can. Whenever you'd like to leave just let me know and I can show you were we stay." She offered to her with a kind smile.
Krysin

Ears however picked up another being placed into her family and her gaze fell upon an ebony female and she couldn't help but beam with excitement. Now it was three against two instead of two against one. The males were finally outnumbered in her family. Heart swelling with absolute joy she was happy to be able to welcome yet another female into the family. "Welcome, My name is Juu! It's a pleasure to accept you into our family." Since the female wasn't far off from where they stood she hoped she'd come and join.
Pandorus Sphinx

"Yes, we have finally done it." He said to his mate with a happy purr. So they had been placed in the Nkunwu family and gaze looked around for perhaps a clue as to where they might be able to find someone. Should he randomly ask? Spotting Masozi not too far away he gave the male a smile and approached. "Hello, I'm Budek and this is my mate Zobu and we have been placed into the Nkunwu family, you wouldn't happen to know of anyone from there would you?"
- Mynsed -

Polette
<3

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:55 pm
Hmmm. Well, so much for that! Dharau allowed himself a blink and a smile as his mind whirled to process the Amusu's words. The red lion's tone seemed set, and quite resolutely so. Perhaps Isiike's iron will had been all that held the death priests firmly on the side of traditional thinking. Now that he was gone... Convenient for the progressive princes, was it not? "Of course, Kemmasi. Nchekwube is just...young, is all. Today may be but the first in a series of tiring events." Let anyone think that Dharau was only worried for the boy; his hushed rejoinder aided the impression of concern. It was better that than allow the Amusu any indication of the thin veneer of discontent simmering just along the edges of the brother's thinking.

And speaking of brothers - he had missed the second call, and was surprised to find a lion approaching them as well as the garish lioness from before. This one was of a much more bearable palette. Even a desirable one, if Dharau knew anything at all about the leanings of those he'd grown up with. And he did - obviously. Retracting his paw, he spoke on the tails of the death priest's introduction. "And I am Dharau, also of the Elo. Welcome to our home."

It wasn't so much that Dharau was not convinced that this all was necessary. If nothing else, the past month or two had been more excitement than the pride had seen in years. But many things were exciting without necessarily being good. Terrible storms, for instance. Earthquakes. And mass plagues.

Excited Apathy

Andranis

Amon Larethian

Purple ears flicked forward, active despite their bearer's drifting mind. Agadi, had he heard Nche say? Inkumbulo got to his paws, a sudden pang of anxiety spurring his tail into a lash or three. He'd gone so long thus far without hearing his family name that he'd begun to expect he'd not hear it at all. The idea of avoiding the influx of rogue blood didn't thrill the n'echebe - at least, not as much as he suspected it might have some others. After all, there was the fact that Isithunzi would be passing out of the family soon to consider...at least according to gossip. He did not make a habit of socializing with his own family more than he had to, but he would rather have rogue blood to carry the line than no one at all.

Speaking of the dark lioness, was she here now? Willing, by chance, to take the burden of saying hello away from him? Lilac eyes scanned the crowd to no avail. Not that he was terribly surprised. If she were going to greet anyone, like as not it would be the new Aguu, rather than the family she were leaving behind.

Enough stalling. Best to seek out his new sister before he lost the nerve. A few raspy coughs cleared the male's throat, alongside a shake to make sure his shaggy green mane was presentable enough. Other than trying to meet her eye, making himself noticeable should be a simple thing: he stood half a head above most other Nezi. Not that that meant much now, Ink realized with a bit of a jolt. Many of the rogues surrounding them were not the small lions he was used to. Would that change them, too? "Excuse me," he spoke gently, trying to be bold. Trying to remember to smile. "Did I hear that you were to join the Agadi family?"

ChexaRain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:36 pm
Kahs quickly backed away when it seemed the adolescent was accosted by other joining rogues, forcing herself to swallow the lump in her throat as she tried to make some sense from what he'd said.
Agadi, was it?

No sooner has she asked herself the question had someone approached her, and her gaze flitted over his features, startled for a moment, before she quickly relaxed in an effort to seem non-threatening.

She offered a sincere smile, "You've heard correctly. I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction?"
Kahs had always been on the smaller side, or so she had assumed, but the lion that greeted her now was easily within her height, and she felt a little relieved. Being short had made her a target before....

Mentally giving herself a scolding, her gaze locked with the purple male, "My name is Kahs'rin, but Kahs will do just fine."
She had to put her rogue experiences behind her or she'd never be able to connect with the lions and lionesses she would be calling her family, and that required brushing it off, at least for the time being.

Anderleit

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:15 pm
oo DeD

Betsabe shuffled a bit, then shuffled again. The dirt beneath her had long since formed tiny craters around her paws. She could see the tawny-colored male from where she was standing, young enough that his mane wasn't fully grown yet. She also knew that this particular young male was someone that all the newcomers were supposed to greet. That was straightforward enough, no questions necessary. It seemed easy cause everyone else made it look easy, so it was probably easy.

Ok, it wasn't easy. There were so many lions around! Onlookers, conversations, quiet laughter, suspicious glances, curious smiles, somber expressions...the lioness hardly knew what to do with herself, and so she did nothing, and had been doing nothing for quite some time. She wasn't used to being around so many others at once. The pride she grew up in had been large, sure, but she'd had a rather isolated upbringing, to put it lightly. Even though she'd grown up and been on her own for a while now, she still didn't have much experience being around so many others. Yet she still felt like this was where she was supposed to be. Home, family, and all those who came before. It was right. She wasn't scared or deterred, just...unprepared. Yeah, something like that. She just needed practice. She was determined to practice.

"It's all right, you're here for a reason," she murmured to herself, "everyone's here for their own reasons, everyone's doing the same thing, all the newcomers. We're all on the same path, and...it's ok," she finished, growing more relieved and confident with every word. She was used to talking to herself, used to being alone ever since she was small. "I've been through worse, I've seen worse things," she reminded herself nearly inaudibly. She seemed reassured, then deflated somewhat. "...But what if he doesn't like me? What if I do something wrong? What if I'm not a good fit and I have to leave or I'm not--" she trailed, "No, I don't know that. Well," she cut herself off, bucking up, "I'm--" But she apparently couldn't think of what she should say, and so abruptly stopped.

Betsabe pushed away from her spot, trying to seem very interested in her surroundings as if to convince herself that she was going to bump into the young male by happenstance. "Oh, hello there," she greeted when she was close. She wondered if she seemed natural. Did she look nervous? Hopefully she looked carefree and confident.

Ok she probably didn't look carefree and confident.

"My name is Betsabe," she introduced with a bow of her head and a smile. Was it twitchy? No...maybe? No. "I'm here--" she started searchingly, not knowing how to properly explain herself, but as those two words left her lips, she suddenly felt quite light. It was as if she'd said all she needed to say. She smiled brightly, genuinely. "I'm here," she repeated.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:27 am
Ink had been so focused on the idea of a new sister in the Agadi that he hadn't stopped to take notice of the actual lioness he'd made his way to. Now that he was in front of her... The male's eyes widened. She was nothing short of striking. The patterns that moved over her pelt was like nothing he'd ever seen before. Not to mention the way that they danced when she moved! He grinned, if only to stop himself from staring. "The right direction is just this way, a bit out of the melee - so we have a chance to talk. My name is Inkumbulo, and it would be my pleasure to welcome you to the family.

"I'm sure you have questions, Kahs?"
Their direction was indicated with a jerk of his shaggy head, the grin melting into an easy smile. One paw extended before him: an invitation to draw even with him, that they might walk together. Starting off on equal footing was probably for the best, all things considered. Besides, it would be much harder for him to be entranced by her if she was at his shoulder.

ChexaRain

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:17 pm
While Ink had taken his moment to examine her coat, she'd been taking in his strange pattern of spots as well, though maybe not as surprised as he was. After all, the roguelands were full of many types.
When he spoke, her direction was quickly focused back on him.
She gladly walked alongside him, though a step or two behind since she was still a bit wary about her decision.

"I have a few, I suppose.... though mainly I should ask what I'm getting myself into." She smirked, glancing in the direction they were pointed, "How many families are there, and what's the difference between them?"

The hint of wariness at the end wouldn't go unmissed, though she hoped he would overlook it. There was always the chance of enslavement, and she hoped that the different families weren't actually differing ranks.

She frowned, her nose wrinkling slightly at the idea of testing his patience, even if Inkumbulo did seem initially a kind lion, "I might as well just be shoved into the teachings with the cubs, rather than rattle off questions about what is probably basic knowledge to you..."

Anderleit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:19 pm
Cillian was again feeling rather overwhelmed, the introverted lion feeling lost in the crowd. He certainly hoped it was not always like this here, he was not sure his heart could take it. Elo family, okay, where was that? Where did he go now?

When a voice spoke to him, the ghostly lion quickly moved toward the other lion, glad to have any anchor in the storm.

"Thanks, I'm Cillian, it's...nice to meet you."

He was going to stay over here now, okay? With his new family, and try to hide from some of the activity that still flurried around him.

Excited Apathy

Anderleit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:06 pm
"Thank you - I will be sure to seek out your and your sister's advices," Demani answered, her heart at ease. In time, she would come to understand the pride's cultures and experiences better. For now it was better for her to socialize and acclimate to her new home. The N'ezi-ozu were an interesting pride, though it was not so much their reverence for their dead that had attracted Demani. It was the closeness of the pride members, how they all seemed to know each other and respect one another.

It was a family she had hoped to find in all of her years travelling alone in the rogue lands. She had dabbled in love out there, but had never come close to feeling that sense of 'home' she had lost. Itiri and Juu seemed to be so accepting of her, despite hardly knowing her. Was it Nchekwube's test that verified her goodness, or was it their unwarranted faith in her? Either way, it touched her.

"Please excuse me while I introduce myself to some of the other members of the pride," Demani spoke again softly. It did not seem like a bad decision to take Juu's advice. She would see her new family often, and so it was time to greet the rest of the pride. Demani inclined her pale head to the siblings and then turned around to disappear into another group of lions.

(( exit post for Demani ))

AstoriaFallen

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:07 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Even when her pride had been at the height of it's glory there had never been a crowd so large as the one that was gathered ahead of her. If she had been any other lioness with any less experience in the world she might have turned away and not looked back but that was not who Jendayi was in her heart. She was a dawn walker, she was a soul that could stand on shifting ground with confidence, and she poured every ounce of that into her steps as she slipped forward through the crowd to find the male that stood at the center of the fuss.

And what a peculiar sight it was!

Lion after lion lined up to speak with him, every single one of them a rogue requesting the opportunity to stay among this pride. She didn't like to think of herself as a sheep but if this was what she was meant to do then she aught to just get it over with instead of dawdling. She took her place and waited as each soul moved forward to introduce themselves and, as Nche's eyes were finally upon her, she offered him a pleasant smile and dipped her head.

"I am Jendayi, I am here to find my place among your pride."

oo DeD

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Anderleit

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:04 pm
He couldn't seem to help smiling. Perhaps it was excitement at something new, in spite of his worries. Maybe it just spoke well of Kahs'rin that she was brave enough to join him. Either way, he bore her questions pleasantly as he led her away from the crowd, settling once again beneath the fringe of trees that he had first observed the gathering from. From here, and looking at it all with fresh eyes, it was easy to see just how many rogues had gathered to join them. "Don't be so hard on yourself. How are you supposed to know anything about us? We were isolated until just recently." A smirk tilted his own muzzle. Hopefully he could ease the wrinkles from hers, given a little time.

So he settled in for a bit, nestling his back between the roots of one of the trees. His tail curled over his front paws. "You don't have to worry too much about family distinctions. They aren't anything very serious." There was an absent shrug of one shoulder, almost small enough to be lost under his mane. "They are our way of honoring our ancestors, the First Thirteen, chosen of Death. Our family is the Agadi, named for death by old age." Rattling off the other twelve was an easy thing. He gave them in order, to boot. "When we pass from this world, our bones will be sorted in the catacombs according to our family name. But to us now, alive - our families are just that. You and I will be as siblings. Your cubs, for instance, my nieces and nephews. That's all. It's not terribly formal." Until you died, that is. But that went into an entirely different realm of things.

Ink did pick up on her trepidation, but only a bit. He attributed it to a new idea, that he was ashamed to admit was only just occurring to him: that this staggering number of strangers was taking just as much of a chance on the pride as the pride was taking on them. There would be uncertainty on both sides - and he would not doubt that some of them had just as good a reason to be uneasy.

ChexaRain

Nezi-ozu generated a random number between 1 and 12 ... 8!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:45 am

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aguu (famine)
  5. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  6. Elo (venom)
  7. Odachi (disaster)
  8. Mberede (accident)
  9. N'anya (love)
  10. Nganga (pride)
  11. Nkunwu (apathy)
  12. Uju (grief)

"If you're looking for a home, you've come to the right place!" If Nchekwube was fazed by Fenryr's nervousness, it didn't seem to show. In fact, it didn't seem as though the adolescent seemed to notice the hiccup at all. His tail waved back and forth as he met the black and blue lion's eyes. He squinted and blinked and for a moment he looked absent and far away.

"It's nice to meet you, Fenryr. I'm Nchekwube." A smile and a nod followed and somewhere in the back of his mind the young Amusu hoped he would remember all these new names and new families… "And if you seek home then this place will welcome you. Find the Mberede family, because I think you'll do well there."

Kivras
Rolling this now so you can apply for a cert, RP reply will come in a bit. Fenryr will be in Mberede!

Nezi-ozu

Nezi-ozu generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 1!

Nezi-ozu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:47 am

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

"It seems like many here have traveled from far and wide. I'm sure any stories you have of the world out there would be met with happy ears," Nchekwube said with a beaming smile. The adolescent met her eyes and his gaze went hollow for a moment before he shook out his not-quite-full mane.

His eyes turned to the side, then, as he looked to where Juu and Itiri were already welcoming members into the Akaraaka. "It's a nice place for that. Niches, I mean. What with new starts in a new home. As far as guidance…" The adolescent looked back to her. "Can't do much without family around here, and I feel like the Akaraaka would be the right one for you."

Nerpin
Rolling this now so you can apply for a cert, RP reply will follow. Ardhi will be in Akaraaka!

Nezi-ozu generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 5!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:48 am

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

Nchekwube's eyes turned towards the pale green lioness, and he couldn't help but let them linger on the intricate markings on her tail. As she spoke, he met her gaze and was swept away before he could reply.

Pulling himself from his trance, he shook out his mane. Well, that was rude. "Sheedra," he started, giving a toothy smile. "Welcome! And yes, I believe…" his eyes wandered towards those that had already been welcomed to the Aguu, but found that some had already left with their new family members. He smiled, hoping their welcome was warm. The adolescent looked back to the green lioness and bobbed his head. "I believe that the Aguu will be the right fit for you."

I Lady Kiya I
Rolling now for certing purposes, RP reply will follow. Sheedra will be in Aguu!

Nezi-ozu

Nezi-ozu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:51 am
"The pleasure is mine, Terhen," the sandy lion said after blinking out of the trance that had overcome him upon meeting the new stranger's eyes. "My name is Nchekwube, and I assure you that you are welcome."

The lion's head craned from one side to the other as he looked over the grey lion's features. The N'ezi-ozu had been a small and shut off group since before he was born and had only so many colors and patterns among them. It was amazing to see a little hint of what might be outside the caldera's boundaries. "If you wish to make this place home, then I might suggest you find the Aguu family. You will fit well, there." Another Aguu, he mused, glancing back towards the green lioness that he had only just spoken to. What a lucky family!

Excited Apathy
RP reply will be edited into this post. No roll necessary, Terhen will be in Aguu!

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff