Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands
[META] The Hlare's Call (Feb-Mar 2017) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:21 am

Ohh boy if their goal was to make her squirm they succeeded with flying colors. Under the scrutiny of their gaze she began to feel a growing tension swelling up. She couldn't gather heads or tails if they approved or disapproved of her wild idea. Gosh dangit, when did they learn how to do such good poker faces!?

Biting her lower lip the first sign of her discomfort came with her tail violently swishing back and forth behind her. As time went on she began to sway side to side before she finally started to tap nervously on her toes. Her eyes flickering between her paint covered body and the silent twins.

Truth be told she was about ready to call them out to make decision already when they finaaally gave their approval!

Letting out the breath she had been holding Yukio smiled at her friends, she was practically beaming with pride. In her excitement she couldn't help but let out a tiny squeal of happiness as she gave one last happy tap footed dance with her front feet. Her excited demeanor however waned when they presented their mud covered paws. Well...s**t. She hadn't thought about the issue of the war paint already on their bodies. This was going to be a problem.

Puffing out her chest she steeled her expression into an unwavering stare that mimicked the same one her auntie used on her whenever she demanded the cub do something she didn't want to do. It gave room for no questions and made her resolve clear. Lifting a paw she pointed towards the ocean in response. "Bath first, paint after. There is no way for me to be able to do this with you two covered in mud."

Epine de Rose

Kimaria generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 am
"We should have some more success if we head further down to the shore. We better not go too much further up, though, else we might not be back in time. Don't want our collection to go to waste if we run out of time." Kari declared sensibly, shouldering their findings and leading the way once more. It felt good to be in charge for a change. He didn't know much about leading but he was pretty good when it came to the sorts of things they were looking for today.

"Are we heading for the rock pools?" Xochipepe asked him, drawing level.

Dagr, with a low huff, moved up to her other shoulder so that the three were walking all in a line, matching pace and nearly matching stride.

"That's right. The rock pools can be a little hit or miss but the tide has not long been out so we might hit the jackpot,"

"Let's split up and search," Dagr suggested, "that'll be the quickest way."

"I'll search that one!" Xochipepe declared, realising a little late that she didn't exactly know what they were looking for.

Kari, in the meantime, reached the first rock pool and looked down. His mouth dropped, "No need," he called, "I'm going to need some help here. A lot of seaweed and look! Starfish and some crabs, too."

Dagr was there by his brother's side, hooking out some of the living creatures with a claw. After this they were definitely going to have to turn in their findings. Even between the three of them they'd struggle to carry much more than what they had.

"Well done, Kari!" Xochipepe declared joyfully.

----------

'Otho' grinned and gave a hearty laugh. "Yes...I can't say I've ever seen an 'immortal' before, let alone two of them in the same place. This land must truly be blessed if it has so many of your kind visit. No wonder the people here seem happy. It is prosperous, indeed."

Outwardly he seemed to be relatively calm but on the inside his head was spinning. When had a Nergui scout ever had the chance to speak with a kulukadok like this? Even after this short exchange he was beginning to think that there was more to them than they had thought. The lion here was the son of a god and yet he looked like your everyday normal lion? Were the children of the false gods mortal? Was he...hiding his true self?

And what was it about this pride that drew them here?

The Nergui could be facing far more than just one if the glory hunt led them here? It was a hard enough task taking down one of these creatures, let alone two or three...or more.

His heart was pounding.

"I would be no use in this task they have set. I'm not familiar with anything the lions seek. I will stay with you, if you don't mind. I'd love to hear more about you and your pride. It seems...almost too good to be true. So...welcoming."

Abominable Greenie

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:10 pm
"Yes that is a starfish." He said watching the youngster pick it up and examine it before placing it in the makeshift bag they had constructed. It would work to carry whatever items it were that they found.

The purple cub was having quite the time and he wondered what Gyspy Name the cub would take once he got older. As he walked along his paw kicked up a rock that unearthed a large bundle of roots. "Hey squirt, here is another thing to add." He said as the young cub quickly dashed over and collected it up and placed the item with the starfish they had recently found. "What all do you think we'll find?" He asked his uncle curiously. "Well, I think we've found a bit of everything, so who knows what else we might unearth." He chuckled at the youngster.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:08 pm
Ha. Iloziya didn't appreciate her comments, but did enjoy what she was suggesting. It was only at that moment that he realized just how close to the jungle they were, intriguing. "Thanks." He muttered as he began to descend upon the fermented fruit she had been so luck to find. It would help a little to at least get him through the rest of the day with minimal pain - though the pain he felt now would probably help with tolerance later on.

"Yes, you Bahari and your bodies laying about." He was over this conversation, actually, he was over any conversation at this point. "What can we find in that jungle?" He asked and began to head that direction, there was no need to be entirely vague but he wasn't about to say anything out right.

"Are you coming?" He turned to look at her and raised a brow.
AstoriaFallen

----------

"It's as though I suggested to use cubs." Kluna had the utmost desire to roll her eyes, but maintained a much calmer composure. "But we are on their lands - it's probably in our best interest to comply with how they want to work." She said, more to convince herself than anything as she still figured a live subject (one of their thralls) would be the most suitable.

She nodded while following her apprentice to the rock pools. "If the males would have pressured anyone than of course we'd step in, but like you said they are throwing themselves at them." When they rounded the corner she smiled. "They certainly have an eye for what we are looking for, look at this bounty!" Her blue eyes scanned the area with excitement. "You're certainly right about the others not knowing where to look.." The lioness gave a chuckle at that.

"Good job, with all of this." Kluna stated, knowing that the apprentice likely didn't need the pat on the back, but still wanting to reward a job well done. "Let's start collecting, we may need some extra paws too." She suggested.

----------

The confirmation made Blasaz grin. "It'd be neat to meet a few of these Gods before we go, right Krisis?" She peered at her daughter, whom hadn't lost her sense of sass in those few moments of silence and instead of receiving a verbal answer she received a nod. "Oh?" Together Blasaz and Krisis shared a look of surprise as well as the word. "Your Mother is a goddess?" It was Krisis' turn to speak up and at the same time she lost all of her attitude. All the talk of godborn startled her, but peaked her interest largely - amazing.

"I concur that the land must be prosperous - based on what I've seen so far it's incredibly lush and bountiful." Blasaz commented to Otho who seemed to be feeling a great number of things during the conversation. "If it makes you feel any better Otho, I don't know much of what they're looking for either - at home I'm part of a council and don't often see much of this type of work." Though she wouldn't be opposed to it if it came to be.

"Maybe we can just help to carry some of the things we find?" She offered with a laugh - being a pack mule was at least still being useful.

Epine de Rose
]

Kimaria

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:29 pm
"Of course I'm coming." She said with a huff as she walked after him into the jungle without so much as a look elsewhere.

Abominable Greenie
Fin with them I guess

Asker and Nkan continued their little search for items and trinkets to bring to Ram and the Hlare's. He supposed the Stormborn were wanting some of this too, though he was curious to understand what the agreement between them was so that nothing hostile was going on.

It was just all too curious to him.

"Who are all these guys?" He asked looking around at some of the faces. "Well, some of these are the members of the Bahari and some of them are from a pride outside of both of our lands." He said to the young cub.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:36 am
Yukio was going to have to invest in lessons from Hima when it come to any attempts to discipline the brothers. Not a single Pombuka had managed to work out how best to make the twins behave. No amount of motherly glares or stern frowns from male or female had managed to persuade them to do as they were told, and Yukio was going to be no different. It was safe to assume that the only individuals truly capable of disciplining them (currently), happened to be their parents.

...Granted there may also have been murmurs regarding a certain Bumani, but none had confirmed that as of yet.

Thus, the pair of siblings stared Yukio down, stubbornly refusing to move from where they had come. No amount of pleading was going to get them to wash over their original warpaint. It was a matter of pride right now, and they weren't about to let anyone take that away from them!

"I don't wanna bath," Huo replied.

"We already had a bath this morning," Shui pointed out and raised his brow.

Folding his paws across his chest, Huo continued to observe Yukio for a long while until Shui began to mimic him as well.

"You'll just have to be creative." They declared in unison.

...Well, no pressure there!

Pollack

User Image
"To be fair, we do have cub thralls," Dione pointed out as she picked her way over the sands to inspect the rock pools more thoroughly. "She was within reason to assume that you could have meant anything," she hazarded a wry smile. "By the sounds of it, some of the Bahari were expecting us to be...different," she tilted her head to the side and raised an eyebrow. "Which isn't entirely wrong if you consider the type of individuals we do happen to house at home," she conceded.

...Suffice it to say that Tethys was an anomaly in some respects, he was honourable, but there were others who would happily slaughter everything around them if they could. Dione was confident enough to declare that she wouldn't be associated with something quite so base and ill bred though.

"But you know me, Kluna... I always do my research," she paused midstep and lifted her head as Kluna made reference to requiring assistance. "That one can help," she stated and nodded towards the lion who seemed to be meditating near one of the furthest rockpools. "Isn't that right?" she called out louder to interrupt his reverie.

"...Pardon?" His voice was quiet, but he did acknowledge her reasonably quickly as he opened his eyes and turned his head towards the pair of lionesses. He knew who they were, where they came from, and he'd heard many of the stories, but they seemed to have given no immediate cause for concern.

"You will help us carry everything back, won't you?" Dione repeated.

Confusion briefly flickered over the lion's features as he regarded the pair for a moment longer, and then it was with the briefest of shudders behind his eyes that he seemed to understand what was being asked of him. He might not have heeded the call of his King (more than enough already had), but he assumed this might have something to do with it.

"If necessary," he replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yes," Solomon seemed a touch amused by the surprise from all three parties and then shook his head. "I believe that she represents Harvest, in some form or another," he squinted briefly. He had never really delved too far into his mother's abilities, merely appreciating how pretty and warm she could make a location feel by causing the plant life to grow around her. How far her powers happened to extend had never been of interest to him and nor had she really made any point of educating any of her offspring about them either.

"Whatever the case may be, she has a way with plants," he clarified and shook his head.

"But don't we all make a phenomenally awful team," he declared enthusiastically as it became apparent none of them was equipped for this challenge. "We'll just have to stick with starfish and bone then," he mused and gave a nod. "All of those are over here," he added as he walked more quickly towards the rockpools and the tidal shallows.

"And if you want to know more about my home then I suppose you are free to ask whatever questions you might all feel appropriate?" he offered with a wry smile. He wasn't much of a tour guide, but he'd give it a whirl...

Kimaria

Abominable Greenie

Ram: 4 | Tethys: 4 | Huo: 6 | Shui: 6 | Dione: 6 | Solomon: 6 | Peregrine: 1

Epine de Rose

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:28 pm
"Oh, you do have a point there." She stated. "Different is certainly one way I think they see us but I believe they run purely off of rumor rather than speaking with us." Kluna snorted slightly realizing that she was a little hypocritical - being perhaps the most unapproachable lioness on site made that quite a task to some. Her cold shoulder routine wasn't working here though as she found that some were a little wired for sound and the beaches themselves were relaxing her to say things she'd not say otherwise. These were certainly different times - for all, not just her.

"You're right, the rumors are likely more or less true considering some of the lions we know and as you said, house at home. There are plenty who'd see these individuals slaughtered just for looking at them funny." She snickered lightly. "If I slaughtered every lion that looked in my direction funny.. well my list wouldn't be short."

"I'd expect no less, if I've learned one thing about you Dione, it's that you're always prepared." Her blue eyes moved from the task at hand to the lion that Dione had pointed out - how lucky of them. "Well I'd deem it as necessary, considering your King has called upon the pride to aid us." She said, returning to a snippier version of herself at the relaxed remark from a lion who appeared to have nothing better to do than to lounge about.

-----------

User Image (Yawo is a Hlare, but pending cert update.) The pale lioness was late up and still feeling rather exhausted - she'd been out swimming and found herself feeling rather under the weather. Instead of ignoring the call from their King she decided to venture towards the shores to at least attempt helping by some means, chance her health for the chance to be involved.

Approaching the scene she was already breathing a little heavy, but stayed away from others to help remove the chance of spreading whatever illness she had contracted. Ironically she looked like crap, but was feeling better today than she had yesterday. "Alright.. so what were we to look for again?" Her mind automatically recalled the reminder of starfish and some various plants that were easily accessible in and around rock pools. Her blue eyes peered about, seeking areas that had the least amount of individuals so they'd not be brought down mood wise by her demeanor.

Soon she spied a small opening where there was little no activity and yet there seemed to be a number of materials uncollected. Perhaps they weren't of any use? And yet she spotted a starfish or two. "There we go." She said, with a small sniffle and then collected the couple starfish up to place in a small bag she'd wrapped over her shoulder this midday before trekking out to try and be helpful. "Just a few more I'd imagine." She muttered to herself as she worked away.

Epine de Rose
I'll bring Krisis/Blasaz back in when Kim responds. <3

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:09 pm
He was pleased that Nkan was quickly becoming aware of the locations for some of the particular items and was sticking to those versus just blindly looking around. This made him smile. At least he'd have stuff to tell his mother later when they went back to the pride.

Darting into the bushes the little cub pulled out another root and brought it proudly to his uncle. "Do you think the brewmaster uses stuff like this in her things?" He asked him curiously.

Asker chuckled, "I'm sure she does, though we can always find stuff for her later if you like." He suggested to the small cub.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:38 pm
User Image Truth be told Kukesha`usiku didn't often find herself outside of the prides borders, but something her plants had whispered to her caught her off guard. There were times where the plants often told lies though, so whether this was one of them or not she wasn't entirely sure nor could she commit to exactly what their words had been. "Okay, okay." She muttered to the pushier species of plants that seemed to even lean towards her, suggesting that they were pushing her towards their goal.

"Calm yourselves down." She demanded to the lush greenery before departing them to head towards the neighboring pride. Kukesha wasn't entirely sure what she'd find when getting there, but the plants had spoken of a group that had been seeking specific species of their kind - that is what interested her. "I wonder what they have in mind for these plants?" She wondered out loud, primarily to herself. As soon as she came upon the pride, which took a little bit of time, but not a whole lot, she discovered a number of lions had gathered and were feverishly looking for various items that included plants all the way to starfish.

Her green eyes peered around before she remarked out loud. "What in the world..." From an outside perspective it seemed the group were merely playing a cubs game in seeking prizes or something to that effect and yet some of them had strict looks on their faces? Then to boot some of them smelled a little strange and yet familiar - like a certain male she had met recently. There were more of him? Curious. Upon further investigation she spied a familiar face, Asker, if she could remember correctly, though the cub that was with him wasn't familiar. No surprise there as she didn't often interact with others outside of her plants.

"Good day." She said with a warm smile, not sure if he would recognize her she kept a small distance.

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:29 pm
Asker's attention turned towards the owner of the voice and he smiled warmly at her. "Kukesha, it's nice to see you." Nkan stopped what he was doing and looked up at his uncle and then turned towards the new female. "Who is that Uncle?" He came around the blue lions side and gazed at her curiously. "I'm Nkanyenzi!" He said proudly as he gazed upon her. "Are you here to help us find stuff?"

Almost as soon as he had asked he spotted another starfish and pounced into the pool for it happily and asker was able to pick up the sight of a few more roots. "He's got a knack for this." He said with a smile to her.

Abominable Greenie
I just saw she doesn't have a gypsy name! Fascinating. She's like an aunt or cousin or something like that right? I forget the relation

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:26 pm
After a quick moment to adjust her eyes she found that the lion before her was a great nephew - son to her sister, a previous Queen of their home. How could she forget his pelt? She excused the moment as a change in lighting and moved on to the formal greetings, getting names out of the way. "It's nice to see you as well Asker." She smiled fondly at her distant family member, the sight of him wandering about with a cub made her feel distinctly older than she actually did. Though, from what she understood this particular cub wasn't Askers.

"My, you're a spunky little creature." She noted out loud towards the cub that maintained the bouncy and curious nature most cubs had. "Nkanyenzi, it's quite nice to meet you and it'd be my pleasure to help you find some more stuff." His 'technical' terms amused her, and her green eyes began to wander in search of some 'stuff'.

"He most certainly is! You aren't so bad yourself though." She said in amazement, the roots had been whispering to her though the chatter was fading quite a bit, it saddened her to hear the words from her closest companions fade, but she was in the company of family now. "So is this all that they are looking for? Or are we winging it?" She paused for a moment. "Whose asking for all of this anyway?" Her eyes scoped out some of the area and suddenly caught sight of a familiar white pelt - interesting. But she didn't leave, that would have been rude.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Her arm dropped back to her side as she regarded the two with a exhausted stare. Well clearly that method didn't work how she planned, she made a quick mental note to seek out someone at a later time to learn from to seriously up her game on the whole mommy stare thing.

For now her paw rose to tap her chin, mimicking what the twins always did when they were pondering something important.

The idea of just filling up her bags with water and splashing them down did seem tempting, although she could see some major cons to that plan. 1. She doubted that her bag would be able to carry water all the way from the sea to where the boys were staying and even if it did they'd be more likely to bolt than stay in place. 2. This war paint was....something they were proud of. She could appreciate that. Ruining all their work she suspect would crush them. Yukio just couldn't do that to her friends.

Besides, wasn't it a sign of a true artist to be able to work around little bumps and still make something beautiful?

She would have to be exactly what they told her to be: very creative!

No pressure, no pressure at all.

After a long period of time Yukio popped her lips as she finally did a little nod to herself as she got up, having decided on the best course of action. Puttering past the boys she made her way over to a damp dirt patch. Flopping herself down in it she worked the mud onto her own coat, mixing it into her own warpaint.

Solution of the day: Collaborative masterpiece!

Satisfied with her work and attempts to match their own paint to the best of her ability Yukio made her way back over to the twins. Posing proudly in front of them to show off her solution.

"We just get to wear both our ideas then." Beaming a smile she sat in front of them. First grabbing a hold of Shui's arms she tugged them out of their stern cross so she could start painting them in blue. Raising an eyebrow she peered curiously at them both still trying to keep their serious faces going. "You know if you don't stop looking like that you're face is gonna get stuck in a grumpy pout." Dunking both her paws into the paint she rose them to Shui's face, tugging at the corners of his muzzle upwards. She couldn't help but giggle at the ridiculous looking painted on smile her paws had left behind. "That's better!"

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:43 pm
Asker was more than aware that his lineage was very big but luckily she was one of his closer relations so recalling who she was sdidn't take too much trouble. Nkan had yet to discover the size of their family. "How have you been?" He hadn't seen much of her as of late.

He was pleased that she was willing to help him find some stuff. "My mom isn't sure where I get it from." He said with a light laugh remembering her saying it before.

"I think the Hlare are working with the stormborn and gathering all this for something." He said not exactly knowing the exact cause for their gathering besides they needed it for something.

Abominable Greenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 pm
User ImageThe pale lioness gave the lightest of coughs, a very pathetic and weak sound. As it escaped her she leaned forward and took a few deep breaths to bring herself back to center to continue her work - as she righted herself and rearranged her bag that wrapped over her shoulder so that it didn't press in her chest any long. Moments after leaning over to pick at another material she heard a familiar cry of an avian creature - a particular raven had made herself known and didn't even hesitate when landing upon the back of her friend and companion, Yawo.

"Wimbi." Yawo said fondly as she looked behind her, only catching glimpse of a tail and wing. "Hey Yawo." The bird responded in a friendly, but very soft spoken tone. Given her species she found herself to be quite mild in personality and much to many individuals shock she didn't find an attachment to shiny objects (how bizarre, she knows). "What are you doing up and out of bed today, Yawo?" The avian demanded in a much harsher tone then heard before and even the pale lioness winced at the words. "I wanted to help, I feel much better and shouldn't I be worrying about you? Not the other way around?" With that she could almost feel the blue eyes of her companion roll.

"Fine, fine.." She muttered. "I'll head back to bed, soon - is that good enough?" The lioness felt odd pleading with Wimbi, but alas the avian had a point as she so often did and was hard to ague with. "Fine, but I'm staying here. If I see you even slightly begin to over work yourself I'll be the first to give you a bop and make you high tail it home." She said, sounded as though she'd make for a pretty good drill sergeant.

----------

"I've been well." Little did he know she was better than well, her plants were going to become a part of her life (nearly permanently) again. What could possibly have been better news than that. Well cubs, she supposed. Here she went again, arguing with herself mentally and heck, she didn't even agree with that last point in the slightest. The only joy that would come from having cubs would be to share the joy of plants with - she'd have a hard time (or so she believed) if they didn't have a strong muse for plants. "How have you been?" She inquired, green eyes not looking at him immediately.

When he remarked on something his mother might have said she gave a laugh, of course she wasn't truly in touch with her nieces or nephews, not nearly as much as an Aunt should be. If she could leave her plants long enough she'd likely try to build those relationships, but for now she was satisfied. "I'm sure it runs in our family, I recall my Father.. your Grandfather.. being rather good at finding a thing or two." She laughed warmly.

"That makes the most sense then." Kukesha was familiar with the Hlare, though not immediately. She hadn't spoken to any particularly, but she had heard whispers about their practices - not that they did anything to sketchy, but when it came to plants and their life she made a point of knowing what was going on. "I wonder what that something is." The lioness wondered out loud.

AstoriaFallen

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:54 pm
"That's good to hear." He was sincere in his words, she wasn't the only one he knew.

"I've been as well as I can be." He said warmly towards her as he watched his nephew dashing around collecting all sorts of things.

The youngster looked towards the lioness and gave her a smile. "What do you do in the pride?" He asked her curiously wanting to know more about his family member.

"I'm curious to know what it is myself though I doubt they'd willingly tell the full story." He said with a small shrug of his shoulders. He just wasn't so sure about the vikings intentions, however as long as it remained non-hostile there wasn't much to be done about anything.

Abominable Greenie

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces