Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:05 pm
User Image

Amidst her drinking as she was sure she'd just been passively given permission, she glanced between the dark male and whom she assumed was a more traditional looking Firekin male conversing. Ears swiveling atop her dark head as her chin dipped in the water and swapped between the pair as they spoke - especially the over enthusiastic dark pelted one.
When the more red pelted one spoke about joining them, she arched a brow, so this was mostly just a way of getting rogues into the pride? Stories of the Firekin and their strictness must've been just what they were, stories. After swallowing the water currently lapped up she raised her head.

"So what does the pride need right now, if I might ask?" She paused realizing her interruption and cleared her throat slightly. "Also, hello." Wonderful work, Zira.

Chi Sohma

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:33 am
User Image

Perhaps Kaa had spent just a little bit too long loitering uncertainly around the fringe of the sparring grounds. It seemed like a dozen new duels had started in the time he'd been looking around the crowd for someone to answer his questions. Well, okay, maybe a dozen was an exaggeration, but it certainly felt like it! Still, he needed to work up the courage to talk to someone, even if it still felt like he was bothering them while they were doing something important. It wasn't like some divine being was just going to descend from the sky and magically grant him all the answers to his questions - he had to do something to get them himself. But that didn't mean he wasn't still nervous about it.

He took another quick glance around before working up the nerve to approach what looked like the most experienced lion here. She was overseeing the duels, so that meant she had to know plenty about the Motoujamii, right? Right. It made sense. But that didn't stop his ears from pinning flat against his head as he approached - his body language completely betrayed just how nervous he was. Geeze, what had happened to the confident lion who'd ended his own duel in a draw?

"Excuse me, miss? Do you have time to answer a few questions about the ranks here?"

User Image

Winde had settled quite comfortably in front of the spring, crouched in front of the sun-warmed water and drinking her fill. She would have been easy to overlook to those used to searching for lions of Motoujamii blood - she was petite, even for a rogue. So it was with some surprise that she greeted the lioness who moved over to her, pulling herself up from the water and glancing the other over. A red coat and smoothly furred head, much like the natural born members of the Motoujamii, but the size was all wrong. Rogue blood, then. Although she couldn't say it was that surprising. There were plenty of rogues mingling about trying to win their duels today.

She smiled sweetly at the other lioness, allowing a certain amount of saccharine awe to color her voice. Just enough to come across as sincere. "It's absolutely thrilling. I've been dreaming of this day since I was a small cub being told stories of the powerful Motoujamii." She paused, glancing herself over with a bright laugh. "Well, smaller than I am now, anyway."

Ecavi
I hope it isn't too late for Kaa to bother Agni! I'm sorry this took so long. Right after the ORP opened I got super sick. Knocked me right on my a**. orz
Andranis
And here's a belated reply for you too!

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:39 pm

User Image "Aye mate, haven't seen so much sand in mi'life." Shaking his head. "If this isn't the worst mate, I rather not let it get there." He seemed worried, he already had a few episodes of complete dehydration and he pained at the thought of going through another episode! He was started by the laughter, from the stories, he heard the tribes of the vast sands did not laugh, and almost made it a point not to smile himself, but the laughter wasn't so contagious when he was more seeking the knowledge than the joke. "Ah ya mean then- those spikey plants!" A-eurika moment flashed before him. "Seems a bit dangerous- nothing a lion can't handle." His accent wasn't withheld at all by this point as his pirate came out with flying colors.

"Water seeker? Where I am from, the oceans are as vast as the eye can seek- no needin' to seek. But if-" He heard a female's voice speak, and he turned to see who it was from.

"The lass speaks with familiar curiosity." Giving a nod, and a smile towards her.

Mysses Greenie

Lightning Shadow X

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:08 pm
Wook had noticed a dark lioness, but hadn't anticipated the question and so when she spoke he was caught off guard. "I don't believe there is one alone that is in dire need of bodies, is there anything you're primarily skilled in or have interest to become skilled in?" He inquired with a curious look in his eyes. He gave a brief nod to the pleasantries of her hello.

It seemed the idea that this hadn't been the worst of their droughts struck something in his newest male companion. "Yes, the spikey plants." The amusement still flickered in his eyes, but he contained his laughter as it seemed the other didn't tend to that. "That much water and you chose to leave it?" Suddenly he found himself deeming the lion before him a fool, though of course his travelling to the sandy homeland was admirable, but to come and then worry for water - when there was an ocean of sand.

"What is it you'd like to contribute to the pride then?" Eyes narrowing at this question. Surely, given benefit of the doubt prior to his being interrupted, he would have mentioned more, but thus far his concerns were only for water and if he hadn't intended to seek it then what were his intentions.

Lightning Shadow X

Chi Sohma

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:48 pm
User Image

The 'lass' comment made the dark female flick her ear as an amused smile split her muzzle and she chuckled faintly, it'd been a while since she'd found any good humor - she just never expected it in the form of a possible Moto lion of all things. She nodded back to the scaled looking male and gave her shoulders a small, rolling shrug.

"Hard not to be curious," She commented in an idle manner. "Not been with a pride for a fair many moons." That was more just a bit of personal information, but she kept her golden eyes on the pair as they spoke. The darker male's accent befuddling her somewhat, she'd never heard a lion speak like that in her entire life and needless to say she was more than trying to hide her further amusement. When she was asked about her skills however, it felt like a split of her focus, a fracture that she was thankful for otherwise she was sure she would've fallen into a small fit of giggles for the first time in forever.

"I used to be a strong hunter in my pride, quite a fair time ago, the pride I had after that just kept most females as pretty baubles to use as currency." She snorted distastefully, ah yes the Ukuucha, she was still not fond of them and was glad she never gave that b*****d Pad of hers any cubs. Her claws gently put dents in the sand beneath her paws. "But I'd say I have enough fight in me if that's also what you're after?"

Chi Sohma

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:39 pm
Lessien Súrion gave a shrug as the male decided to leave their presence. Now things had become awkward, but she could manage. Before she looked weird for just standing about she decided to go mingle and watch the other duels that were going on. Perhaps she could get some pointers for watching them. Yes, that seemed like a better idea than standing around looking like she was new. With that, she flicked her tail and turned towards the training grounds.

Aiko looked about before he started to just walk about. He wasn't sure where to start, but eventually he would find his placing here. It was something he was sure of. He smiled as he watched other lions gather in places. Where he wanted to speak and socialize, he wasn't sure what to start with. He had new lion all over himself. One day he wouldn't, but today was not that day.

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:09 pm
User Image

Agni moved back and forth as Bri'ehn and Beelzebub sparred, watching how well the lioness kept ahead .. until she didn't. But then even when he caught up to her, the lion made a mistake. Both impressive in their own ways, though both in need of some proper training. Bri'ehn would be easy, Beelzebub was another story.

They looked to her for a verdict and she had to brush off an approaching lion intent on asking her some questions to address them first.

"Bri'ehn, welcome home," she said, then looking to the male, "And it seems that you are not entirely hopeless after all, but if you're going to become a Firekin then you're going to have to get used to strong lionesses. Most of our officers and council members are female, disrespect any of them at your own peril."

She paused and looked him up and down.

"Can you handle that?"

Kimaria

Syrius Lionwing

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko
(( Carry on as if there's been an IC pause in the potential convo, she'll answer questions but she got really focused on the duel between these two xD She's not brushing him off like "go away", it's more of "just a minute". ))

User ImageUser Image

Adeyemi's laziness was, in the end, catching. Adanna found herself feeling much more quiet and withdrawn as she stayed nearby. They were supposed to be listening to the stories and information the rogues were bringing with them, in the end staying quiet was probably the best way to accomplish that. Never mind that it seemed her stamina for grand events was diminished by her time as a slave and a rogue. It wasn't a terrible start, she was content to believe it would get better.

Adeyemi, on the other paw, was content dealing with it just as he was. This was plenty socia. He was there, he was listening, if someone spoke to him he'd probably talk to them. Probably.

It was turning into a long day and he was increasingly grateful that they had been volunteered to hang out by the water.

(( Withdrawing these two from any interaction, I've just lost too much ability to focus on keeping up with this. Sorry anybody who tried chatting with them @@ ))

User Image

Though she seemed quite comfortable where she had been at the Guard Post, she seemed completely oblivious to those around her and seemed to disappear as suddenly as she had arrived. The red lioness had planned to stay at a distance but her curiosity was too great. Amaka headed for the Sparring Grounds, seeking to find a place near the action- and near the Regent- but without getting involved.

"Hmmmm."

(( Sudden move because I just .. lost track of everything. Sorry anybody who was trying to talk to her, just say she's being extremely rude xD I'll try to answer if anybody wants to bother her, but for the most part I don't mind if people don't really notice or talk to her. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:12 am

Attention going back to the dark lioness, for a moment Bashise's ears flicked, before she smiled again, "Oh, you're not THAT small! I've seen much smaller lions, and size doesn't matter so much, it's HOW you use it! Even if the lions natural to the pride are hulking giants, you can still bring them down hard." The lion she'd dueled had been a silent giant, but even he grunted when she'd brought him down. The jackal that had followed him around had laughed.

Galahad's red ear flicked as a dark lioness with deep red markings approached to drink. He stepped aside, giving her a smile, "I don't mind moving at all, ma'am!" His attention went back to listening to Citlali for a moment, as well as the conversations about the mountains, but it soon wavered back to the dark lioness with the arrow on her forehead. She spoke of a former pride, and then another where lionesses were, for lack of better term, collected. It made his ears fold back, and he got lost in thought about what such a pride had to be like. Surely it wasn't a thing like the pride he and Citlali had been in before, or the pride Citlali's birth father had called home. As he slowly sat down, Galahad wondered about what kind of life the lionesses in such a pride had been living. Were ANY of them happy? Were they miserable? Did they all resent it? Or were there some who enjoyed it? He was, of course, only hearing one piece of the story, and knew he'd have to find somebody else who'd been in the pride to find out another side of it. There was no time for that, though, not right now. His focus now was finding his brother amid the desert sands, when they got in there.

For just a moment, Citlali's ears went back, then foreward again. She dismissed part of her name being dropped, attributing to the excitement and being a new name. Names like hers, after all, didn't pop up often anywhere, and she'd never met anybody outside her family who had one quite like it. Instead she focused on his description of the mountain he'd called home, and tilted her head inquisitively. "I imagine most mountains are much alike at first glance, colder than the savannah with snow up higher and different trees. But what has me most curious is... I heard you mention the Jini'msemi, and I'm wondering about that, because my mother said my aunt lived there, but when she described it, the pride was in a swamp, not on a mountain. Did they move at some point?" It was the best explanation she could think of, the difference in locations. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see a dark lioness with a red tail tip inching just a bit closer.

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

oo DeD

Puhterodactyl

As quickly as it took for him to look away, when Sustinet looked back, he found the red lioness gone. His ears pricked in surprise, before he got up. That was strange! How had she moved so fast? A quick pan of the area helped him find her and see where she was going, but the urge to follow was absent. Perhaps she HADN'T wanted company, after all. The former Jini'msemi lion let out a small huff, before he turned and went padding his way down the path. His paws eventually carried him down to the spring, where multiple lions were gathered. He was eventually drawn to a small group that were talking, the loudest of which, to his ears, was a black lion with red scale markings on his forelegs. He stood at the edges for a bit, listening as the lion spoke of the sea. Then a dark lioness spoke of a pride that kept lionesses, and he remembered, very dimly, something about a lion with mountains on his body that sired cubs within the Jini. He'd come and collected them, and then left again, but beyond that Sustinet had not much idea. Lost in thought, he suddenly blurted, "That sounds like an awful place."

Lightning Shadow X

Chi Sohma

Mysses Greenie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:24 pm

User Image "If it is strength ye' need. I can be it- if it is water seekin' I can be it. I just know my path leads here-'iswa I feel- would do n'thing you need- rest it upon my shoulder and I shall bare it." He was rather determined in that. Well, a seer told him that he would find his purpose here. Within the sands of the red skins. He was sure these guys were it, red skins were a sea here of coloration.

His ears heard that of the lioness, so his pride, was not the only one to look down upon females. "M'lass- fair many pride do the same. Females have quite a many challenge if ye' want to be recognized in me ol' pride. I'm glad to see females with strength here. Me sisters mean quite a bit to me- tried to get one captain' 'fore I left.." Remembering the pride before they disbanded... Gaea would have been a great captain. Maybe she would have better luck in the stormborn, no matter how smelly they were.

He heard another approach and turned to him with another nod. He didn't want to make such a riot- he bowed his head, then a nod with his comment. "Fair many comrade, tis a celebration to see it differ here. Tis an honor to spar now." A soft smile came from him, but immediately disappeared, thinking maybe he could have brought Gaea, but he was sure to stick out without the lack of red on her but she had a strength that he admired greatly.

Mysses Greenie

Lightning Shadow X

Andranis

Mysses Greenie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:34 pm
User Image

Hati gave a nod to Shaak in response, "I appreciate the welcome. And I might inquire of you some helpful hints in navigating this place when it's not so..." his tail brushed the ground and he motioned around him in reference to the business that had come over the spring. "Well, you know." The statement finished with a bright laugh.

Looking back to Citali, his ears perked. So she knew something of his old home. It made him beam. "Ah, yes. The pride was in a swamp. A fire drove the residents to the mountains, but even that couldn't make a permanent home I'm a afraid..." The swamp. He himself had been born after the move so knowledge of the Jini-msenmi's original home came to him only through talk.

His voice trailed as a dark figure became visible out of the corner of his eye. Another lion. This one... this one seemed almost familiar. But that was to be expected, he supposed, with so many different individuals here. "Ah, hello there!" He called, his character at this point seeming to become a big, permanent smile with a mane and legs.

Kimaria

Andranis

Puhterodactyl

User Image

The energy of the chattering group was hardly up Tazka's alley. The lioness stretched her legs out before her before slumping to lay. Her black pelt was warm in the sun, but it wasn't a new feeling and she suspected it would become an all too familiar one. She eyed Hati for a moment before rolling her eyes. Such enthusiasm. It made an uncomfortable feeling in her gut.

She would be content to stay here and watch. Maybe she'd learn something by just watching the groups around her, but she wasn't going to start her own conversation anytime soon.

(Open for interaction)

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:58 pm
Bri'ehn broke into a smile at that, her face lighting up at the prospect of finally being allowed to live amongst her people. She gave the female a deep bow, took a step back, and moved away from the training grounds, not even giving a backward glance.

The male she had fought had irritated her and she hoped, desperately, that he was not a sign of things to come. She wanted to prove herself within the Firekin and if she was tripped at every hurdle by a male with an ego-issue, it was going to be a long and tiring road to get to where she wanted.

Still, no need to think about that, now. She had been victorious and that was enough.

[Bri'ehn exits the RP]

---

Shaak smiled, giving Hati a knowing look. It was busy and now was certainly not the time to be giving detailed explanations of anything. "Feel free to seek me out when all this is done," she replied, gathering her paws beneath her and taking a casual look about her.

"Please, excuse me."

She dipped her head respectfully, trod carefully around the gathered Firekin and Firekin-to-be, and made her way to look for pastures new.

[Shaak exits the RP]

---

"Wonder how quickly it will heal. Would like to study it. Make notes. See if I can come up with something better. Yes. Think I could." Juba sniffed, folding back her ears and opened her mouth to speak again when Sia leapt in to interrupt.

"Well, that does sound fine indeed, except I might be rather busy and by the time I've walked to the pride lands, it'll likely all be gone. Nice to meet you all but, if you don't mind...I'll take my leave."

Sia, giving an apologising look to Shula, slipped away as swiftly as her wounded paw would allow her.

Chisisi sighed, "I do believe you frightened her away, mother."

"Me? What?"

"Your over-analysing everything. Come on, let's go watch some of the duels. You can analyse those instead. Calculate our odds on winning."

Juba brightened at that and, with a nod, moved on.

"Sorry for interrupting your conversation with the other lioness. Have a nice day." And with that, she moved after Juba as swiftly as she could.

[Sia exits the RP]

Ecavi

Syrius Lionwing

oo DeD

SSBrosB
Sorry to have Sia exit so swiftly!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:22 pm
When the regent spoke, the blood red male grinned broadly. He could prove himself. Of course he could, he'd never really lost at anything. Of course, he'd been proven a little wrong today, Bri'ehn had shown a female could be a worthy adversary. He turned to tell her so but it seemed she'd already exited. He frowned watching her smoke gray hide vanish in to the crowed. Well, she would be easy to find and harass further, he wanted to know where she learned to fight. He actually wanted to know how she did that.

Flicking his gaze back to the regent he gave a grin and a nod. "Hey any girl that can fight like her, I'd like to take them on, I have a feeling I could learn a thing, or three." It was a revelation to the young male, she hadn't really beaten him, they'd more drawn in this battle but he hadn't expected for it to be a challenge at all. With a shrug of his broad shoulders the dark maned male gave a nod to the regent and padded off to find a shady place to take a nap, he'd take up the cause and hunt down the silver viper later. He wasn't about to let her slip away so easily.

Beezlebub exits the RP

Kimaria

Ecavi

Syrius Lionwing

Kitsune Mistress Nyoko

Shameless Elocutionist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:34 pm
User Image

The initial brush off stung a little bit, but Kaa didn't have too long to reflect on his own supposed foolishness. After watching the dueling lions finish up and addressing them, there was an opening for him to ask his own questions. He waited only long enough to be properly acknowledged - he didn't want to be rude, after all - before launching into his own questions as soon as he was given the go ahead.

"I'm sorry about interrupting you earlier. But I wanted to ask about ranks here," he began, shifting his weight in a mild display of nerves. The gaze of the lioness he as speaking with was... Well, it was a little intimidating. He swallowed before continuing. "Where I'm from, there weren't a lot of specialized ranks or anything. Most lions were just hunters when they grew up. I don't think I'd be cut out for anything that would require me to fight to defend the pride. It's not that I can't fight if I need to, just that I wouldn't feel confident in my ability to win consistently enough to be a first line of defense. So I guess I was just wondering what my options are?"

User Image

"Oh, don't get me wrong! I may be small, but I have no doubt about my ability to fight! I did rather soundly win my duel to get in here, after all. I'm pretty sure I sent away the lion I beat with bruises on his shoulders and his ego." Winde laughed softly, offering the other lioness a sly smile. While her words were honeyed, there was a bit of a vicious undercurrent to them as she spoke of how completely she'd beaten her opponent. And it wasn't that she was particularly cruel - but the lion she'd been paired with had sorely underestimated her because of her size.

He'd been quite surprised to find her using it to her advantage, turning his sheer bulk and momentum against him. In fact, she'd guess that few had expected her to be as skilled in battle as she actually was. She had plenty of training on her shoulders thanks to growing up in the Aikanaro'hini, and while her birth pride had seen scars as badges of honor and experience, she possessed none. A display of her skill. While she had plenty of duels under her belt, few had involved claws - and the ones that had were ones where she had remained untouched.

Ecavi
Andranis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:59 am
Wook, having listened to both parties, found himself blown away by one solid piece of information - these rogues were incredibly indecisive, expecting him to make such a decision for them? His brows furrowed in frustration and he closed his eyes to gather himself back to center, he'd known that those he had encountered today had thought of his personality as interestingly not close to a typical Firekin and true as they might be on a typical day he did have things he couldn't tolerate.

Then he thought of the females of his home pride - pretty baubles? Sure, only if those baubles would scratch your eyes out while being so pretty. A small laugh escaped him at the thought, from Regent to any of the Guards or Soldiers he worked besides they would have his head for his imagination at that particular point. Then his attention was grabbed by an off handed comment from a lion not to much further off - the Spring was certainly getting crowded today.

"It does." He admitted to the group of growing numbers, though he was happy to expand the chat and encourage new members to explore their thoughts, their questions here and now before things became to official for their liking. "No lioness is treated as lesser to a lion here, everyone is expected to pull their weight within their fields. So if you chose to become a Huntress, or you - water-lover to become a Guard or Water-seeker both of you would be expected to hold your own, just the same."

Wook fell silent though and simply watched the interactions for a time being, watching for any signs of a desire to leave, but mostly hoping they would make up their own damn minds because as much as he'd say 'do this' he couldn't. A lion made to do a job will not be as successful as a lion who chose to do a job. Something he'd recognized in small doses.

Lightning Shadow X

Chi Sohma

Andranis

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:19 am
User Image

The overall sympathy and input from the lions around her was starting to make her atleast feel somewhat more at ease, though she could see the frustration in the red one's face and couldn't help but offer the slightest of apologetic smirks.

"Sorry, I've only heard of the Moto through stories nowadays so I wasn't sure what was really 'available'." She shifted from paw to paw, shifting the sand along with it under her weight. When the new dark male approached, her ears swiveled at his words and she took a short pause. Awful place? The black and blood coloured female huffed just a touch.
"An understatement to say the least, though it's good to hear the Moto haven't stooped that low, think I'll enjoy stretching my hunting muscles out again."

She felt a genuine smile spread across her maw for the first time in what'd felt like a lifetime, or maybe the days dragged on without any decent socializing. She wasn't sure. All she knew was that for now she was very content.
"The name is Zira by the way, nice to meet the three of you."

Chi Sohma

Mysses Greenie

Andranis

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items