Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CommanderFerret

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:02 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Weather
Existing Overlapping Domains: Storms (NPC), Clouds - Mavudevunde (Ary Keeyara), Floods - Dyllan (Amy D), Hurricanes - Ekundu Maji (Kuroseishin), Mist - ??? (Ameh), Permafrost - Jalidi (Cajanic), Rain - Nyesha'Densi (Zohwhee), Rainbows - Helyanwe (Hime), Sky, The - Kweupe (Felinxis), Snow - Sheska (Artsywolven), Sun, The - Radhi-nuru (Aris Ravenstar), Thunder - Raiden (wooga paes), Tornadoes - Chamchela (Tahja Estes)
(Obviously I do not assume this God would be a master of all the above overlapping domains, more general, minor abilities, and more focus on a place's current weather.)
Definition: The state of the atmosphere at a place and time as regards heat, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.
Relevance: I'm sure many animals look to the sky, planning their lives around the weather, and praying for the weather to change.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:50 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Metamorphosis
Existing Overlapping Domains: Evolutions, Rebirth, Choices
Definition: A change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one, by natural or supernatural means.
Relevance: Sometimes it takes more than just the usual means to change as a character... in some cases a miracle. In some hearts there might be a yearning to have the same cycle as a butterfly, encased in its cocoon for a time to ultimately be transformed into something entirely different. Transformation can be needed in order to move forward.

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:05 am
--  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Wishes
Existing Overlapping Domains: I'm not sure there are many direct, but it's a domain that could indirectly overlap with quite a few. Domains like hope, or in a non-specific way, lust would definitely overlap, though?
Definition: to feel or express a strong desire or hope for something that is not easily attainable; want something that cannot or probably will not happen.
Relevance: Where there are beings who want things, there are going to be wishes being made - from the idle 'I wish it wasn't raining' to 'I wish I had freedom'. I don't see wishes as being an idle request; they are the types of request that you raise to the heavens, desperate for something to change. I know this is listed as a problematic domain, and with good reason, but I think it has a lot of potential for fun to play with, as well! I see him as having some very rigid power limitations - wishes granted can only directly impact the wisher (some possible things that might not fall directly under this would be being able to summon other animals as a distraction, or whathaveyou); i.e. no bringing others back to life, or creating life (re: pregnancy, or anything to do with that), or killing, or even causing direct harm to others...although indirect harm could certainly stem from the wish being granted (i.e. an avalanche could harm others caught in its path). (From an IC perspective, I feel like wishes that could not be granted by a temporary effect will have to fall under his permanent power, and so would be restricted in how often he is able to grant them - something with a more minor result (a temporary disguise to escape a situation, etc etc) would be less impactful, and so I hope would be less of an issue?

I see him as having a strong urge (varies with the strength of the wish being made, in regards to how intensely the wisher is making it) to grant wishes, but at the same time, he resents and has no respect for the wisher, seeing it as an attempt at finding an easy solution instead of working to resolve one's own issues. As a result, he often (if not always) tends to leave them with a negative outcome of some kind, even while granting the wish that was made (I really was thinking of a djinn who was not enslaved, with him) - so he'll grant your wish, but you'd better be careful how you word it, as he is incredibly salty, with a bit of a cruel streak. Nastier repercussions would accompany larger/more impactful wishes (so the wisher had better think well on how badly they want it, and word it carefully!).

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Seeds
Existing Overlapping Domains: Trees, Ash tree, roots, fruit
Definition: The start of growth and new life
Relevance: Everying has to start somewhere even in the smallest sense like a seed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Endings
Existing Overlapping Domains: Death, Beginnings (Polar)
Definition: The end or final part of something, especially over a period of time.
Relevance: Just as everything has a Beginning, so too do they have an Ending. Whether it's something as simple as a story or as profound as a war, as small as a game to as impactful as a good - or terrible - king's reign, everything must come to an end. Endings can be a blessing or a curse, a relief or an annoyance.

Approve Me!
Domain: Infamy
Existing Overlapping Domains: Popularity (polar), Villainy (overlap)
Definition: Being well-known for bad qualities or deeds
Relevance: There are individuals and prides alike that send shivers down the spines of the SoA that hear their name uttered. Their reputation precedes them in a worrying way, their names associated with bad things to come. Watch your back, get the heck outta Dodge, and keep your head low around those who are favored by this god!  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:40 am
Approve Me!
Domain: Necromancy
Existing Overlapping Domains: The closest one that I could see was the Undead, or possibly souls, in a vague way?
Definition: Necromancy (/ˈnɛkrəmænsi/)[1][2] is a practice of magic involving communication with the dead – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, to bring someone back from the dead, or to use the dead as a weapon.
Relevance: Death takes us all, and sometimes it leaves behind questions, or knowledge that those left behind wish could be imparted. Necromancy can bridge that gap.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:38 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Mourning.
Existing Overlapping Domains: Could potentially have some ties with Death Rites, and overlaps with Grief (currently being quested), Despair, and Hardships. Potential overlaps are Loneliness and Comfort.
Definition: 'n: mourning
The expression of deep sorrow for someone who has died, typically involving following certain conventions such as wearing black clothes.'
A show of grief, either internal or otherwise, done in memory of the deceased.
Relevance: In the end, death claims everything. Those it leaves behind for the moment will have to deal with loss in one way or another--the god of mourning knows these struggles, knows this pain, and is there to assuage as much pain as he's able. His domain is not the dead, nor their spirits; rather, his influence is over the bereaved souls still walking the earth, mourning what could have been or what once was.

Approve Me!
Domain: The Forgotten.
Existing Overlapping Domains: Forgetfulness, Memories, the Mind, Impermanence, Nothingness, the Past, Anonymity, maaaybe Old Age.
Definition: Anything that's slipped out of memory, out of mind, lost to the sands of time.
Relevance: Eventually, everything is forgotten in some way or another. Bits of memory will disappear over time, leaving behind nothing but fog in their place. Everyone forgets--what happens to what they've forgotten is a mystery. Gods of memory and history have been invoked to keep watch over these lost fragments, and a god of the forgotten will serve as a guardian to everything that's long since fallen out of living memory.

Approve Me!
Domain: Paranoia.
Existing Overlapping Domains: Fear, Horror, Instability, (Insanity definitely but also feel a lil weird putting it down), Negative Emotions, the Mind, Obsession.
Definition: 'n: paranoia
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically elaborated into an organized system.'
Relevance: Everyone gets afraid. Some go a little further than that.
There's so many things out there in the world, and they just might be out to get you. What do you do when you feel that fear trickling up your spine, when your mind tells you that all those furtive glances and all those little noises you hear is a predator waiting specifically for you, coming for you, ready to put an end to you?
You beg the god of paranoia for mercy, and hope you're heard before it's too late.  

Zaikt

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Scribes / Scribing
Existing Overlapping Domains: Folklore, Stories, Preservation, The Arts
Definition: "A person who copies out documents, especially one employed to do this before printing was invented", "to write"
Relevance: I mean, I'd want someone to pray to if I was tasked with painstakingly copying down records in a time before erasers - especially without thumbs!

Approve Me!
Domain: Travel
Existing Overlapping Domains: Wanderlust and Navigation; potentially Horizons and Messengers
Definition: "Make a journey, typically of some length or abroad."
Relevance: Another domain with some real-world grounding, people prayed to the deities of travel (or travelers) for safe and quick passage. These deities were most often prayed to by merchants and messengers, but travel isn't uncommon for your average lion!

Approve Me!
Domain: Histories
Existing Overlapping Domains: The Past, Memories, Rhetoric, Time, Preservation
Definition: "The study of past events, particularly in human affairs; a continuous, typically chronological, record of important or public events or of a particular trend or institution."
Relevance: The past cannot be tampered with - it occurred, and whatever happened during that point in time is undeniably true. History, though, can be twisted by whoever writes it. And how it's changed says a lot about the person(s) writing it. Important to scribes and those seeking knowledge. (Could also be Records?)  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Mushrooms
Existing Overlapping Domains: I'm thinking they would probably overlap with poison, healing, and decay, potentially. The direction I am thinking of taking it would also involve communication and illusions/hallucinations, but I didn't see either of those listed.
Definition: They're edible, medicinal, and used as hallucinogenics. Mycelium helps distribute nutrients between plant species, is a massive network for sending and receiving ecological information, provides food sources for insects and are critical in the decomposition of matter. They're everywhere, deterrents for some and attractive to others!
Relevance: They're everywhere! Did I already mention this? They've also been around forever! And they're important to the environment... the critters of SoA need to know this valuable information on mushrooms and start utilizing the fungal growths for GOOD. TO SAVE THE WORLD.  

Shia bean

Prophet

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:00 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Maned Wolves
Existing Overlapping Domains: Canines - ??? (Tara de Draiocht), Wild Dogs (She-Ra of Etheria),
Definition: The maned wolf is the largest canid of South America. Its markings resemble those of foxes, but it is neither a fox nor a wolf. It is the only species in the genus Chrysocyon.
Relevance: Maned Wolves are present in SoA  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:59 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Non-binary
Existing Overlapping Domains: Sexuality, Asexuality, Masculinity
Definition: "Denoting or relating to a gender or sexual identity that is not defined in terms of traditional binary oppositions such as male and female or homosexual and heterosexual."
Relevance: No doubt within the lands there are creatures of any species that may have a gender identity that doesn't fit the mold, and could wish for someone or something to represent them. It's a right and knowledge that not all are born the same way, so to have a God who shows they are valid even in hiding themselves, they might feel safer and free to be who they truly are without shame.

Approve Me!
Domain: Trans
Existing Overlapping Domains: Sexuality, Asexuality, Masculinity
Definition: "Denoting or relating to a person whose sense of personal identity and gender does not correspond with their birth sex."
Relevance: Many creatures are born on this planet everyday, and so too are those who feel they've been given the wrong type of body to be birthed into. This can cause many kinds of negative feelings that, left without guidance or acceptance, could result in misery and sorrow. Though the numbers may be smaller than others they are out there and they deserve someone to look up to in times of need, someone to know they can call on in their darkest hours and lowest times.

Approve Me!
Domain: Polyamory
Existing Overlapping Domains: Sexuality
Definition: "The practice of engaging in multiple sexual relationships with the consent of all the people involved."
Relevance: Love comes in all forms and with lions, as with other consenting species can bring forth a deep understanding between three or more who love unconditional. Some hearts can house enough equal love for multiple and this is nothing to be shamed over nor is it any form of blasphemy. Love is love and for those who seek the comforting paws of multiple, they deserve a guardian who breathes out that same love and blessing.  

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:57 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Blasphemy
Existing Overlapping Domains: Atheism, Sacred Ground, Superstition; in part: Contradictions, Hypocrisy.
Definition: the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about gods or sacred things. The violation of sacred beings, laws and things.
Relevance: SoA has gods, therefore SoA has the potential for blasphemy. In this world where gods preside over relatively small domains and vary so much in scope, personality, and interest in mortals & the world.. it's almost impossible for any mortal to not be offending some god, somewhere. This is a god who exists simply because gods exist and mortals exist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:08 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Immunity
Existing Overlapping Domains: Body, Blood, Durability, Pestilence, Survival.
Definition: a condition of being able to resist a particular disease especially through preventing development of a pathogenic microorganism or by counteracting the effects of its products.
Relevance: Disease is a part of life, and having a good immune system to protect against disease would be a favorable thing.  

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Keantha

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:27 pm
Approve Me!
Domain: Songs
Existing Overlapping Domains: Music, Culture, The Arts, Dance, and Sound
Definition: a short poem or other set of words set to music or meant to be sung.
Relevance: Ever since there has been spoken word, there have been those that set it to music. From this belief comes the need for one to inspire the songs, to help combine the music to the spoken. Some worship their gods through song. Some use it to grieve, to rejoice, to court, to welcome, to say farewell...Song is needed for it all.  
[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff