Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Geist the Sin Eaters: Full ... sort of Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:13 am
Kowsauni
Another question, the plasmic claws the third dot in primeval shroud allows you to manifest. Do you use brawl to use those in a fight or weaponry? I'm trying to figure out if I can combine fighting finesse with those claws for dex based character.

Also, here is my Aristocratic oracle character so far.

Mitzka

I spent my remaining 4 merits on Resources and spent 18 Ex in the following way.

Luxury 4EX
Striking looks 4EX
Death-Touched 10EX

I'm assuming these are all static skills as they have multi-dot investments. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have 7EX left over on this character that I'm not sure on what to spend it on so I may save it for later.

Its brawl based and you can't use fighting finesse with it. There is also a standing rule that anything that does Aggravated damage can't use a fighting style, but lethal can.

As for the extra xp, you could up luxury or striking looks up to the higher version for 4 xp.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:17 pm
PupSage

What exactly does luxury net the character? And what is the difference between 2 and 4 dots in it? I took it because I felt like it fit the character but I'm not exactly sure how it is different from resource. I'm considering dropping it to pick up the Phantasmal key.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm
Kowsauni
PupSage

What exactly does luxury net the character? And what is the difference between 2 and 4 dots in it? I took it because I felt like it fit the character but I'm not exactly sure how it is different from resource. I'm considering dropping it to pick up the Phantasmal key.

Its just different amounts of money basically. The only real difference between resources and luxury is that luxury isn't using your own money, and thus it can only be used on you.

Striking Looks would serve you better. It goes from a +1 to a +2 on mundane social rolls when your appearance is a factor.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:26 pm
Ok, I have finished both character concepts. I can go with either depending on what the party feels we need more.

First is Mitzka Araethos, Aristocratic daughter of an evil business tycoon that was murdered with the rest of her family in a violent labor dispute. She is college educated and a talented violinist. After coming back from the dead, she was able to lay claim to an enormous trust fund left for her by her parents and uses her newfound ability to help guide the dead to the afterlife.

Converted 3 merit points to Psyche
Spent EX as such
Luxury, 4EX
Striking looks, 8EX
Death-Touched, 10EX
Empathy 1 dot, 3EX

Second is Kira Threniten, an orphan and young outdoor survival enthusiast. Kira never cared much for people until she fell in love too deeply with a young boy named Dresden. Unfortunately, in attempt to drive away a rival love interest, she inadvertently caused the death of her love. Distraught with grief she wandered off into the wilderness where she died from exposure. Upon coming back to life, she decided to try and enjoy life for all it was worth in attempt to forget about her haunted past, and the one she loved most.

Spent EX as such
Resource, 2EX
Quick Draw, 2EX
Fighting Finesse (bowe Knife), 4ex
Disarm, 4EX
Athletics 1 dot, 3 EX
Atavism, 2 EX
Outdoorsman, 4EX
Perfect Stillness 2EX
Direction sense 2EX  

Kowsauni
Crew

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:11 am
Hope everything is correct. Tried to look at the others character's and base mine on thier needs. (which I seen a need more for Travel and First aide)

Character

6 merit points to Psyche.

8 exp Psyche
16 exp to Boneyard  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 am
Alzzak
Hope everything is correct. Tried to look at the others character's and base mine on thier needs. (which I seen a need more for Travel and First aide)

Character

8 exp Psyche
16 exp to Boneyard

4th dot of psyche would cost 32, not 8. Its new dots x 8. 4x8=32.

Likewise, boneyard 4 would cost you 24 (4×6) and 5 would cost you 30 (5×6)

So you have spent 86/25 exp  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 am
Kowsauni
Ok, I have finished both character concepts. I can go with either depending on what the party feels we need more.

First is Mitzka Araethos, Aristocratic daughter of an evil business tycoon that was murdered with the rest of her family in a violent labor dispute. She is college educated and a talented violinist. After coming back from the dead, she was able to lay claim to an enormous trust fund left for her by her parents and uses her newfound ability to help guide the dead to the afterlife.

Spent EX as such
Luxury, 4EX
Striking looks, 8EX
Death-Touched, 10EX
Empathy 1 dot, 3EX

Second is Kira Threniten, an orphan and young outdoor survival enthusiast. Kira never cared much for people until she fell in love too deeply with a young boy named Dresden. Unfortunately, in attempt to drive away a rival love interest, she inadvertently caused the death of her love. Distraught with grief she wandered off into the wilderness where she died from exposure. Upon coming back to life, she decided to try and enjoy life for all it was worth in attempt to forget about her haunted past, and the one she loved most.

Spent EX as such
Resource, 2EX
Quick Draw, 2EX
Disarm, 4EX
Athletics 1 dot, 3 EX
Atavism, 2 EX
Outdoorsman, 4EX
Perfect Stillness 2EX
Direction sense 2EX

Both look good, make sure to add your willpower.

And how did Kira learn Russian Special forces fighting techniques?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 am
PupSage
Alzzak

Character

8 exp Psyche
16 exp to Boneyard

ah so it is by level of the new dot... Anyone has a good ideas to spend exp for my character? being it is my first I wanted something simple, a medic who drives in sets a boneyard so the others can operate with greater easy... was the concept.  

Alzzak

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:09 pm
Alzzak
PupSage
Alzzak

Character

8 exp Psyche
16 exp to Boneyard

ah so it is by level of the new dot... Anyone has a good ideas to spend exp for my character? being it is my first I wanted something simple, a medic who drives in sets a boneyard so the others can operate with greater easy... was the concept.

:/ Well, to be honest, its an underworld campaign. Basically imagine a giant system of caves and magic rivers ( Rivers o blood, fire, acid, ice, marshmallow cream, ect). Then add in magical doors to pocket dimensions that can be literally ANYTHING that have weird laws that are strickly enforced.

That said, notice that I didnt say roads? Odds are you will be hoofing it most of the time, so a driving build is really going to go to waste.
Now you could just go full boneyard focus, and buy level 4, leaving you 1exp.

You are going to need high wits (boneyard), high occult(Stigmata), and high subterfuge(Stillness).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:57 pm
PupSage
Kowsauni

Spent EX as such
Luxury, 4EX
Striking looks, 8EX
Death-Touched, 10EX
Empathy 1 dot, 3EX

Spent EX as such
Resource, 2EX
Quick Draw, 2EX
Disarm, 4EX
Athletics 1 dot, 3 EX
Atavism, 2 EX
Outdoorsman, 4EX
Perfect Stillness 2EX
Direction sense 2EX

Both look good, make sure to add your willpower.

And how did Kira learn Russian Special forces fighting techniques?

lol I had no idea what that first word was from. I just took it because it was the only knife specialized fighting tree. Kira is a knife enthusiast and mostly self taught, probably watched internet videos to learn techniques. She's one of those people in love with the idea of walking into the forest with a knife and being able to survive. She read Tarzan as a kid and watched a lot of Survivor Man growing up.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:03 pm
I might change Stillness, depending on the others(stares at the others). It is on the fence with Grave Dirt's, given the caverny area...

Though, I will admit, it wouldn't nearly be as fun as... NO, you don't see them. And at later levels... sleep sleep

Would Trained Observer be useful? Just trying to find a useful 1 dot Merit for the character.

Otherwise, Fixed

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1137990

24exp to the Bloody Bones in the yard.
with 1 lonely exp sitting at the side  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:32 am
Alzzak
I might change Stillness, depending on the others(stares at the others). It is on the fence with Grave Dirt's, given the caverny area...

Though, I will admit, it wouldn't nearly be as fun as... NO, you don't see them. And at later levels... sleep sleep

Would Trained Observer be useful? Just trying to find a useful 1 dot Merit for the character.

Otherwise, Fixed

You have 1 skill point left in mental To go to anything except medicine.

You have 1 specialization left.

Healing and hiding are too general. For stealth, pick an environment, and medicine pick something like first aid or surgery.

You leveled boneyard, so stillness is boneyard 4 as well.

I didnt look at your derived stats, but since you stacked yourself for boneyard the way you did, they would change.

EDIT: Stats are good except your initiative is now 3, Health is 7, and Willpower is 2.

I recommend taking resources 1 so that you have the ability to roll for a medkit.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:32 am
PupSage
Alzzak

Otherwise, Fixed

You have 1 skill point left in mental To go to anything except medicine.

You have 1 specialization left.

Healing and hiding are too general. For stealth, pick an environment, and medicine pick something like first aid or surgery.

You leveled boneyard, so stillness is boneyard 4 as well.

I didnt look at your derived stats, but since you stacked yourself for boneyard the way you did, they would change.

EDIT: Stats are good except your initiative is now 3, Health is 7, and Willpower is 2.

I recommend taking resources 1 so that you have the ability to roll for a medkit.

Fixed  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:53 am
I may join, but questions... is the blood key the only way to combat ghosts? would firearms be a wise choice? and are you controlling the Giest or do we get that honor?  

Xun Ira

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:39 am
PupSage
Mongooseh

Alzzak

Kowsauni

Thread is up. Please go to the subforum and post your character, ther roll initiative in the dice rolling thread ( I left instructions).

I will be out camping for the weekend, if you can get it all up by sunday afternoon we can get this started.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff