• Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:32 pm
We are the 2nd burmois Shock legion

Red Gypsy

Al'gaan Daruun

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Al’gaan chuckled as his hands relaxed and moved to a more relaxed position “did he, how interesting” He shifted to a more appropriate form though his grey hair did little to hide his age and approached “I may have to take you up on that, it is not often I am afforded the opportunity of having a sparring partner as lovely as you” Al’gaan was persistent if nothing else though at the mention of his size he simply shook his head “hardly, the brood mother who spawned me had no care in the world since I was born and bred for war as was many of the legion commanders currently in service to Lord Lareth, though I’m afraid I am but a reminder of times long past, as there is little need to spawn war demons like me anymore, and compared to most demons, we mature far sooner than our brethren who are born far more naturally” Al’gaan smiled warmly and bowed slightly “but forgive me proper introductions are in order, I am Al’gaan Daruun legion commander of the second legion and it is a pleasure to meet such a lovely flower like yourself malady.

Al’gaan straightened up and smiled and understood her meaning completely “if I had to guess I would say that the females being added to the armies strength is Lord Lareth’s way of having every woman in one place, after all, what is a man in his position to do if every woman is scattered about and unreachable” he chuckled “after all it is no secret that Lord Lareth is particularly interested in most women, though last I had heard he had finally laid claim to a woman and was due to have heirs, how unfortunate for him that he must put his old ways behind him and live with admiring one woman for the rest of his days” though saying that Al’gaan knew that that would not stop him from flirting with any woman he saw. Taking a passing glance at Gypsy he inquired “but how was it that such a lovely woman was brought into service to Lord Lareth, I must admit my duties with my Legion and my Garrison does leave me with little time to get to know everyone in his service?” Al’gaan narrowed his eyes as he looked at her “Lord Lareth didn’t bewitch you with his charm, did he?” he chuckled slightly as he stood there admiring her beauty though one thing was clear he was going to have to spar with her, he had to know her as a warrior.

and we will crush you under our lightning swift attack!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:15 am
Wolfe Garm

Gypsy couldn't help it. She actually laughed outright at the suggestion of her and Lareth. She had to turn away from him to get herself back under control enough to answer him, "Me? And Lareth? I don't think so!" she said then gave a softer laugh over the suggestion again.

Once she could speak again without laughing she shook her head, "Far from it. I'm actually his sister-in-law," she dropped that bombshell on him easily then turned to her approaching class with a smile still on her face as she directed the females into sparring formation.

From behind him, Galen spoke up. Thankfully, the commander of the fort was more than willing to explain in better detail, "Come on Al'gaan, I'll explain while I show you to your quarters," he said simply then led the way further into the fort.

It really wasn't that hard to place her now, though. Lareth only had one brother and the entire realm knew what had happened to Kaljire: captured by Goh, tortured to death, then sent home in tiny pieces. Gypsy was Kal's widow, but Lareth still honored her as his sister.

As Galen headed into the fort, behind them, Gypsy was already drilling the females in the much more deadly art of dagger fighting- the dirty way... These females were learning to fight by street rules that would probably save their lives in a true battle.

Galen paused to let him catch up then had to shake his head, silently envying Al'gaan his full head of hair since Galen had gone bald over two decades past, "Don't mind her, Al'gaan. She won't notice the flirting until you tell her that you're flirting. Want to compliment her? Don't talk about her looks. Compliment her skills. She's a true ball-busting-b***h that many of us would love to take home to meet our mother, I'll give you that much. But she's been alone for a long time now," he explained as he led him through the hallways lined with barracks rooms then further in towards the officer's quarters.

"The one, and only, time Lareth suggested something with Gypsy, it involved chocolate pudding and her wrestling with our current queen. Lareth was hurting for two days by the time Cynthia got finished with him over that one, and he was limping for a week after a sparring session with Gypsy," he added with a laughing shake of his head over that incident.

A little further into the fort and they were in the officer's quarters, a few of the suites reserved for those that stayed here longer. Gypsy had a suite here even though she had an entire tower to live in up at the castle. Galen's quarters were down here as well. He thought it was prudent to put Al'gaan in the suite next to his own, just in case.

"I put you over next to me for now. And no, I'm not telling you where she sleeps. Get settled in, take a shower, have a meal. She'll be sparring this evening. And she'll be testing your bunch this afternoon," he added with a wry grin, knowing that it would tweak Al'gaan just a bit that his troops were going to be going up against her before he was...

But on that note, he passed over the key to his rooms and pointed to the door before he left him alone with those choice tidbits of news...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:13 am
Red Gypsy
Wolfe Garm

Finally got enough time away from the kids to get the imagery straight in my head. Sorry for the wait.

The night had been long and dark. Dreams of stone and silence, tremors and tears, disturbed the determined creeping of the ages. Then, a glimmer, a single flickering spark of emerald light danced in that darkness. The universe seemed to stir and then settle again into its dark peace. The lightless peace that denied motion, will, and scoffed at the very notion of urgency flowed in its way, undisturbed and unlit. Then, at last, a song trembled through the dark. A sound that might have been sorrowful, yet after so long in silence it struck like a mountain of glass falling from the sky.

Eyes snapped open in the dark as brilliant green light flowed and twisted, tendrils of awakening power that flexed and stretched after long disuse. Deep beneath the earth, in caves and tunnels that had been lost and discovered over and over again since the dawn of time, an unceasing tide of black ice suddenly blazed with light as though a trillion emeralds were burning their color to push back the darkness. Magic, new and potent, surged in waves unseen but felt throughout the land. Magic that writhed and stretched, clawing and scraping to go as far as it could and touch as much of the world as it could reach, extended its presence in an instant over such a distance that it would have taken many days to traverse by horse. Then, almost as soon as it began, the power faded as though it sank into the world itself. However, it did not leave everything as it was.

Nearly a day’s ride beyond the Training Fort’s walls, away from the castle and in a place thought by most to have no importance, a brilliant stream of green light stretched toward the sky like the questing tentacles of a great jellyfish. It seemed for a moment that it would remain forever, marking the sky and the land with one more magical scar. But, then it began to fade, slowly reducing in length and brilliance. Yet, it would be nearly an hour before it faded completely from view.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:04 pm
Haeo
You doing a separate thread for this?

Wolfe Garm

Galen had gone to the upper levels of the fort to look at the green flash of light and was about to send a group to investigate it when Gypsy ran up to stand next to him. He kept his silence for a moment, waiting for what he knew she'd say.

"I'll go, Galen. Give Al'gaan my regrets over the sparring tonight. I'll have to ride all day to get there, or half a day if I take the stallion. He needs the exercise anyway. If I'm not back by tomorrow afternoon, send two more horses after me. But don't tell Lareth unless I'm gone for at least four days. No need to have him trying to replace you again," she told him simply.

He gave a small smile and shook his head over the reminder, "Thanks for going to bat for me over that one, by the way. I'm sorry you got hurt like that, but even he knows that kind of thing can happen. Besides, you acted faster than anyone else did," he had to thank her again for saving his job, as he'd thanked her several times since it happened.

She shook her head, her eyes focused on the green light in the distance, "No thanks necessary. Not your fault that the idiot was intent on trying to kill me. He got a good slice in but lost his head over the whole thing. I got sliced, he suffered from a terminal case of permanent neck separation. Problem solved. No sense in punishing you for it," she shrugged over the whole thing then tapped his shoulder, "If Al'gaan still wants to spar tonight, put him with Ga'al. He's about my height and will give the commander a taste of fighting against someone shorter. Maybe he'll pick up a few new skills. Try sword and staff. Dagger is too easy for the commander," she left her directions then headed for her rooms to pack.

She packed down weapons, extra leathers, and first aid supplies. She stopped in the kitchen and picked up food and drink, then headed for the stable.

In the stable, she went for the largest stall and the riding equipment set up with it. The large stallion put his head over the door and snuffled at her hair, making her smile, "Yes, we're going for a ride. Let me get you saddled up and my packs strapped down, then we'll leave and let you have a run. Alright?" she said softly to the beast, gaining a deep-toned nicker over it that actually sounded pleased. It made her chuckle as she opened the stall door and got to work.

She finally led him out of the stable and jumped up into the saddle. Everyone available to be in the area had to stare at the sight of what she was riding: a Demon's Fire Stallion, a breed of horse specific to the demon realm but very rare and highly intelligent. This one, commonly called Red because of the fact that he was colored the same as Gypsy's hair: flame tones all mixed perfectly to imitate actual flames. And his hooves left behind actual flames when he was fighting or mad.

The fact that he let Gypsy ride him spoke alot to the relationship she'd developed with the beast. The only beast that could keep up with him was the stallion Cynthia had given to Lareth. Red had shown up one day to add his genes to the Fort cavalry population and had bonded with Gypsy in the process. She certainly looked the part on his back: a true warrior on a true WarSteed.

She patted his neck as he arched it for his admirers. Then, with a wave of his tail he took off running in the direction of the green light. Behind them, the fort got back to the daily routine...

On Red, it would only take her half a day to get to the area where the light was showing off. Then, she only had to find the source...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:54 pm
Red Gypsy
Not unless the site becomes more important.

Wolfe Garm

The light gradually faded from the sky as the tendrils seemed to withdraw back underground. The sense of magic also faded until all seemed to be as it was before. Yet, deep underground, a small and ruddy flame flickered to life and began to make its way up the long gallery that connected that place to the surface.

Heavy steps steadily beat a rhythm of dogged progress as a figure made its way past one gallery after another. From time to time the figure stopped, examining the path before proceeding with confidence and caution. The ruddy light came from the flames that danced along the fingers of the figure’s left hand, causing no discomfort that could be detected. Though this individual had no reason to show off. There were no witnesses as yet.

Still, he was not ignorant of the amount of magic that had been involved in his awakening. Surely something would have noticed. And, if what he had seen of the caves was anything to go by, it had been so long that he would not be remembered. It remained to be seen if civilization had survived the chaos of the war. He may emerge onto the surface only to face the descendants of the very monstrous beasts that he had fled before… and perish uselessly despite all his efforts. But, there was only one way to know.

He continued through the darkness, lighting the way with but a tiny amount of magic flame. Eventually, when nearly half a day had passed in walking, he saw the faint grey shimmer of daylight on the stones. He extinguished his flame and slowed his progress. His steps became more cautious and lighter. He rounded a bend and saw a piece of the sky. He drew his sword, the blade shone eerily in the distant light.

He was Gaelan Vlinpal, Marshal of Silt Run and Warrior of the Ruling Sect of the Pater. He strode forward with purpose and determined confidence. The light shone on his armor as he emerged into the blinding light of day. It was brighter than he remembered. His body was armored from the bottom of his feet to the top of his head. Most of it was chain mail but the helm, boots, and the gauntlet on his right hand were plate. His belt held three leather pouches, a short stick of dark wood, the scabbard for his broadsword, and a set of six javelins in a sheaf. He was well armed and armored against attack but there was no defense against the shock of seeing the sight before him.

The very land had changed its shape. Mountains loomed in the distance where none had been before and vast plains stretched out before him where once had been marshy hill country. The only sign of any form of civilization lay at least a day away, a fort of unfamiliar design where before there had only been farmholds. What had happened? How long had he slept?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:16 pm
Haeo
Makes sense.

Gypsy made it to the sight shortly after he left the cave system. Red pulled himself to a stop and reared up in classic stallion style: namely, showing off for a new audience. She stayed in the saddle easily until he dropped down again and simply shook her head over the display. Only then did she drop the left stirrup, throw her leg over the front and slid to the ground on the right side of the horse with her hand on the hilt of her sword behind her.

She was a very unusual beauty, and a deadly one. Her gold-kissed skin, he would likely recognize since the Incubbi/Sucubbi had been around since the beginning of the Demon Realm itself. But from there came the differences: flame-toned hair braided and pinned to the back of her hair to keep it out of the way, fighting leathers instead of armor, her shorter height compared to most female demons, crimson eyes from when her demonic half had been awakened (though they held hints of the soft green she originally carried, from when Ost fused her two halves together), and the fact that she rode and moved like a warrior-born.

Her sword was also carried at her back, set for a downward draw. She was also carrying a few daggers, though most of them were hidden. Otherwise, she appeared unarmed at first.

She looked around and finally spotted the cave where the male was exiting. Behind her, Red moved off to stand beside a nearby tree, knowing that Gypsy could handle herself in almost any situation.

She simply looked at the male, silently assessing him as she held her ground and waited to see what his reaction to her would be. If he was going to attack, they'd fight. If he waited as well, they'd see who was the most patient. If he tried to communicate, well... then she'd see if she'd learned anything from Lareth in diplomacy...

But she had a feeling that this was going to be a fight... Call it a hunch... The sword in his hand was a pretty big hint, though...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:03 pm
Red Gypsy
Nah, I never make sense!

Gaelan watched the female get off her beast. Most of her characteristics were unfamiliar, though… her skin had a hint of something he had seen once before. When he was still in training and traveling with more experienced officers, they had come across a group of savages. The creatures were living in caves, driven by powerful appetites and wanton desires. They lacked anything resembling civilization. Yet, their skin and eyes had similar traits to the female before him. The beast, however, was utterly unfamiliar. He had not seen its kind before at all.

Still, the female was of far greater interest. If she indeed shared ancestry with those naked and undisciplined savages then much had changed indeed. Her stance was practiced and able. She carried herself as though she had much experience with that blade that she wore. She was also carrying several short blades. But, she stood with so much confidence when wearing nothing but mundane leathers and wielding weapons that similarly had no signs of being either imbued or enchanted. Had the war purged both the practice of magic and the truths of civilization from the world so thoroughly that so savage a people would have clawed their way to prominence?

There were so many questions, so very many. The female’s presumed predecessors had no true language to speak of and diplomacy with them had been utterly futile. There was a chance that this was not true of the example before him. She had neither attacked nor fled and the beast was remaining near but seemed unconcerned for its master’s wellbeing. Yet, that chance would be defined by the answer to a single question.

“Galinkip. Nalt prretrioya Pater?” He said, pitching his question to carry without it being a shout.

His voice was a resonant baritone, strong and confident. It was a voice that was accustomed to command and obedience. But the language itself was the key. If she knew his language, then the civilization he knew still existed in some form. If she even recognized it enough to show an immediate response as friend or foe it would tell him something.

If not…

If the language that every land had spoken was no more. If the very name of the race that had ruled the world had been lost to time… Then he would need to make a place for himself in a world more foreign than any new colony. He had some funds with him but the values of gold and gems could not be determined with so much else being lost. His only assets were his skills, his magics, and his leadership. His magics would be likely to terrify anyone who knew so little of magic as to approach him without it. His leadership experience might prove difficult to prove without language. In the end, then… all he could prove was his strength as a warrior and hope that he would be led to a place where he could learn more.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:24 am
Haeo

And with that, things got complicated.

She shook her head to indicate that she didn't understand him then looked down briefly as she swore softly, "Figures that I'd run into something like this..." she muttered to herself then looked up at him again and twisted her lips as she tried to consider how to handle this one. She could go the easy route and send Red for someone with better diplomatic skills or the right magics to figure out the language the easy way. But she had a feeling that this guy operated in a manner similar to the way she did...

She took a few steps slowly to the side and a bit closer to him, but kept herself facing him. She also kept her eyes on his blade, very obviously. It wasn't that she took her gaze off of him, though. More like making it obvious that her caution came from the fact that he had his weapon out while keeping all of him within her line of sight, something that was universal to all fighters. In truth, all fighters had an unspoken language despite what language they spoke or culture they hailed from. So they had a line of communication available. It was just a matter of fine-tuning how that communication would work...

She still kept her hand on the hilt of her sword, ready to draw it in an instant. Her slow and cautious steps carried the grace of both her ancestry and her training. In her own way, she was being diplomatic. She hadn't attacked him. A hundred years ago, she would have. So she was learning something.

Still, she had a feeling that it would come down to a fight. Whether that fight was trying to kill each other or just feeling each other out was what was to be determined. And while she wasn't used to someone making a pass at her, she knew the look of someone assessing her skills; which was the look he'd been giving her so far.

"So, are we fighting or sparring?" she asked, mostly to herself but allowing him to hear both the current form of Demonic as well as the basic English she knew. While she spoke both with an exotic accent in a voice that could only be described as sensually erotic, it was unintentional on her part. It was more the words she was going for right now and that showed him that she really didn't understand what he'd said...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:47 pm
Red Gypsy

Gaelan's mouth twitched slightly as the female replied. Her words were as unfamiliar as he had feared. There really was nothing left... no... there was one thing left of the world he knew. He remained. The female's posture and movements telegraphed her feelings. She did not seek battle but she did expect one. Yet, she was unsure of what kind it would be. Indeed, Gaelan himself had been unsure of his decision in that matter, until now.

This female was a warrior who knew not to draw her blade without cause. That spoke of discipline. Discipline speaks of civilization and the root of honor. He had nothing to gain by killing someone who knew nothing of his people or why he had emerged with his blade in hand. The war that he left behind... was as dead as the language of his people.

"E' clineal." He said. His voice was flat. His feelings were being deeply buried. This was not the time for him to feel. It was the time for action and learning.

He thought of his magic but rejected the thought of using even the simplest of defensive magics. It would not do to corrupt this first conversation with suspicion of treachery. Instead, he reached his bare left hand back behind his belt and withdrew the gauntlet that fit it, taking a moment to put it on. Without his hand bare it would be difficult to use much of his limited magical arsenal, but having his hand bare would also not serve him well if his opponent was swift and vicious.

With his suit of armor complete, he raised his blade in a cross-guard and saluted the female with his people's customary twist of the wrist. As the light of day flashed along the blade from the guard to its tip, his stance widened and lowered. It was a guarded stance but there was no killing intent. The focus of his attention was on her stance and her weapon. He would seek to disarm her or force her to yield. That was the honorable way. If he could achieve dominance then he would have leverage and easier access to the knowledge he needed so desperately. Killing her or gravely injuring her would gain him nothing but fear and animosity, terrible liabilities for a lone Warden in his position.

With his stance established and his intent clear, he waited. It was her move. He was issuing the challenge. It was up to her to decide how she would begin this duel.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:51 pm
Haeo

Gypsy knew the look on his face when he started shutting emotions down and pushing things back. She knew that look because she'd had the same look a number of times in her lifetime. So she simply gave him a small nod over it then watched as he finished arming himself then took his stance.

She knew what that meant as well and had to give a small smile over it. This, she knew what to deal with. Finally! Something she could deal with!

She gave another nod and drew the sword at her back, knowing that the downward draw was one of the hardest to manage but was one she'd mastered long ago. While he carried a broadsword, hers was an ancient style of shortsword and better suited to her body style. Her sword was also edged with silver and engraved with gold in a language as old as she was, though no longer spoken. The blade carried no real 'magics', just a few spells that would always have it return to her if it was ever lost or taken from her. That was all she'd allowed when it was created for her.

Admittedly, she had her own abilities that many would consider magic, but she refrained from using them when she was fighting for anything but her life. In a fight to the death, all bets were off...

She narrowed her eyes at him briefly, then simply went on the attack with no other warning. She treated him like the warrior he held himself to be and held nothing back from him, forcing him to defend himself from sword blows as well as kicks and punches. She fought honorably as well as dirty.

And when he turned the tables and attacked her the same way, she actually grinned at him and turned the whole thing into a true sparring fight between them both. Of course, if his sense of smell was as good as most races these days, he'd be able to pick up on the one side effect of fighting that she'd always had...

Yes, she got turned on by a good fight. She'd always had that, ever since she had her first lessons. And this time was no exception. He was a fantastic fighter and actually had her working to keep up with him. While she had skill and stamina, he had both as well.

But she made it obvious that she was enjoying the fight even as they both wound up with tiny scratches and more than a few bruises.

Then he managed a strike that she knew would have hurt her badly if it had landed. She barely managed to turn it to the side with the aid of a dagger, but she also got herself a nasty slice in the process. Though he managed to keep from slicing her through the throat. How he was able to pull the strike that well, she had no idea. But she was grateful for it.

She simply held still as they both panted for air and she waited for him to pull back. She didn't release her weapons, though, and somehow knew he'd understand why. Once his grasp of the languages she spoke was eased, she'd probably explain that her weapons had once meant her freedom and survival. Until then, she guessed that he'd understand it anyway.

For now, she simply waited. She had first aid supplies, food, and camp supplies on Red, but she'd wait until he pulled back before she moved to get any of it...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Wolfe Garm
Vice Captain

Enduring Hunter

7,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:14 pm
We are the 2nd burmois Shock legion

Red Gypsy

Haeo

Al'gaan Daruun

Al’gaan sat relaxing since he had a moment before anything happened, he trusted the garrison and his legion to do their assigned tasks, which left him with plenty of time to rest and await his due time to spar with that beauty to which he was looking forward to seeing how she fought. Initially he was unaware of anything had transpired since his focus wasn’t of what was going on, though a knock on the door would quickly change that “enter” spoke Al’gaan as he kept his attention on a book he carried with him, figuring it was a general report “Commander” spoke a familiar voice, looking up he saw a couple of legionnaires with a centurion, closing his book he inquired “what is it?” the legionnaires shifted slightly clearly uncomfortable about the subject, but before Al’gaan could say anything the centurion spoke up “a green flash was spotted well behind the walls of the fort, the Primus has requested your presence on the East wall regarding this matter” Al’gaan stood up and changed back from looking human to his demon form and replied “very well let’s go” Al’gaan left his room with those who reported the event behind him following intently. Al’gaan rushed to the east wall, anyone who was apart of his legion knew him well enough to know not to get in his way when he was on the move, and anyone who wasn’t clearly didn’t know what was going on for a legion commander to be in such a hurry, though he would likely attract attention of Galen before long since it was likely someone within his garrison would notify him that he was on the move.

Eventually, Al’gaan caught sight of the Primus who was standing there looking out with a fair few legionnaires around him, a few his though most of them not, but clearly, they were confused by what they saw. “Primus what’s happened?” the Primus glanced over in Al’gaans direction and replied “commander a bright green flash was sighted well off in the distance, doesn’t appear to be a very good sign” Al’gaan stopped by the primus and replied “estimated distance?” “at least a days ride less if we send in a scout detachment to investigate” Al’gaan nodded and replied “might be faster if I went myself” the Primus shook his head “Commander, you are too important to go out there alone, our scouts will be more than sufficient enough to get in and investigate the source” Al’gaan nodded and replied “very well, form a small scouting detachment, minimal equipment and have them standing by the gate” “at once commander!” the Primus took off with the legionnaires that were with him, leaving Al’gaan and those with him alone. Al’gaan looked out in the direction of where the green flash had originated from and had to wonder what might have awoken from the old days, perhaps his paranoia getting the best of him, maybe it wasn’t something from the days defending the realm. Without looking behind him Al’gaan spoke up “Centurion form a detachment and return to the Burmois Garrison and raise the legion to arms, it may be nothing but just in case I want the second legion ready to march at a moments notice.” The centurion bowed slightly and took off leaving Al’gaan alone.

and we will crush you under our lightning swift attack!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:12 am
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Gaelan could easily admit that the female... no... the woman was a worthy fighter. Her style was savage and refined at once. She used both an honorable sword style and dishonorable street tactics with equal effectiveness. If he had been just out of training he might have been caught off guard by this but he had seen it before, and fought that way himself. This was the combination that resulted from numerous battles with death on the line, and more. The woman was a survivor and a veteran of conflict. Her strikes were swift and efficient and lacking little when it came to power. Still, there was little doubt that in a true fight for survival the Marshal would have proven the victor. While the woman was certainly holding back, the very limited enchantments on her blade would give it no real edge against even basic combat enchantments. Clearly, the way magic is used in battle had changed as well. A fighter at her skill level would have only been a minor irritant in the war. Then again, Gaelan knew that he had fled because he lacked the power to be anything notably greater than that himself.

In the end, a moment came when Gaelan had to adjust the arc of his slash. It was a precision change, impossible for most and difficult for many who could be trained to accomplish it. With slight shifts in the shoulder the hip and the elbow he was able to shorten the reach of the blade by several inches. Still, he would still have inflicted a mortal wound if her defense with a dagger had not been so aptly timed. It was this that ended their bout as the woman broke off, breathing heavily. Gaelan's breathing was heavy as well but it took only a moment for the discipline of his training to steady it. He used that first moment to take stock of his body. He had received several blows that would leave small bruises, even through his armor. The woman truly had savage ancestry. She had also managed to get the tip of her blade through his guard and his armor in several places, just enough to scratch him but enough to warrant respect. Achieving that with a weapon that was only half the length of his and with a body that had less reach was no mean feat. In turn, she was bleeding from a variety of cuts and had likely received more severe bruises as her choice of mobility over armor did come with a price paid in diminished defense. Still, the most dangerous injury was the slice that would have likely decapitated her if not for the combined efforts of both of them to prevent it. Indeed, Gaelan had been the victor of this bout. But, he did not feel as though he were far superior to his opponent. True, he could have killed her. But, in the end... it was because there were no traces of his people's combat arts in her fighting. There truly seemed to be nothing left of his people. Though, the scent of blood was mixed with another scent that he was less likely to... comment on.

It was likely a product of her ancestry that she was affected by battle in such an unladylike way. Yet, he checked those thoughts and found them lacking. The whole world had changed. He was in no position to understand what proper conduct was in this altered world. Besides, he could not deny one
thing. In this moment, the woman was attractive. In his time as Marshal, Gaelan had been too occupied with his duties and the threat of the war to even think of a personal life. There had been little time for food and sleep, to say nothing of the possibility of romance. Besides, those of the Pater rarely married outside their own numbers. It could pose too great a security risk and their secrets could not be kept so carelessly.

He held himself with satisfaction. It had been a good bout. But, though it did not show on his face, there was a sadness and deep grief that crept into his body language as he wiped blood from the blade of his sword and returned it and his left gauntlet to their proper places. Most would interpret this as a reckless show of trust. It was not so for Gaelan. He knew her speed and the way she moved. If she had intended to take advantage of such a state she would have rapidly discovered that he was able to defend himself with a single armored fist. Besides, with his left gauntlet removed, he had full access to many potent magics that she had not seen. So, while he was signaling that the bout was over, he had not dropped his guard by much at all. He knew that the woman before him was unlikely to attempt treachery but there was still the matter of that fort in the distance. Given the amount of magic involved in his awakening, it would have been foolish indeed to expect only a single woman to be his welcoming committee so close to an established fortification.  

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:03 am
Haeo

Wolfe Garm

Galen moved up to stand next to Al'gaan and shook his head, "Cancel that order, Al'gaan. Gypsy went to check it out. She's more than capable of handling the situation. She also left orders that you can bout with Ga'al. He's about her height and will be able to work on your sword and staff skills. She thought that the dagger was too easy for you," he told him simply.

And as the commander of the entire fort, he had the rank to back up his orders and Gypsy's orders as well.

"If she isn't back in three days, I'll let you go after her. That should be about the right amount of time for her to check it out and get back. Give her the time she needs," he added then turned and headed back down to the main floor and his office. He hated paperwork but he had to rearrange Gypsy's classes for the next three days...

Gypsy didn't move until he'd backed away and simply nodded when he cleaned his weapon and put it away first thing. She did the same thing, though her blade seemed to absorb the blood on it. Most people took that to be an optical illusion so she never said anything about it.

She put in the effort to calm herself down, though it was more like putting a small bandage on a bad wound for her. She would have to see to the need sooner or later or run into some pretty bad problems later. Instead, she showed him that she did have access to what he'd probably think of as magic.

She fingered the slice then called up a bit of Fire to her fingertips and traced that along the slice to seal it, giving a small throaty sound at the pain instead of anything louder. It did the job.

That done, she looked him over briefly then assessed her injuries and made a decision she hoped she wasn't going to regret. Even if they had the unspoken code of warriors or fighters going for them, that didn't mean that they had true communication yet.

But she knew there was little choice at the moment. So she crossed over to Red and started pulling her supplies and his tack off then put herself to setting up camp for the night. Bedroll was no problem but she now had to bed down another person. Still easily taken care of. She kept one blanket and set up the rest of the bedding for him. She'd slept in worse situations in the past. That done, she moved to setting up the fire, using another touch of her inherited ability with Fire to get it going.

Only then did she reach for her medical supplies. Hal had personally set up her medical kit, so she knew all of it would work on just about anything and anyone. She also set out a second set of leathers then started stripping out of the ones she was wearing so she could get to the rest of the slices and bruises she now had. Long habit had showed her that immediate treatment would be for the best, so she simply set about taking care of it.

The fact that demons held to fewer nudity taboos than she did helped even more. While she might get a few appreciative comments and looks for stripping down, no one would take advantage of it unless she invited further attention. It was simply the way the culture ran and she had to appreciate it on numerous occasions.

Right now, she was applying ointments to slices and poultice-bandages to bruises and paying no outright attention to her newest sparring partner. Once the bandages were in place, she wrapped the blanket around herself in the manner of an ancient Egyptian gown style; it covered the important bits and made it easier to warm up the breaded meat-rolls the kitchen had given her. Namely, setting them beside the fire on clean flat rocks. Well, that and the bottle of red wine she'd added a packet of herbs to. Warming that up would help activate the healing herbs better.

Set up done, she sat down in front of the fire and waited to see what he'd do now. Red was now meandering around the area while snacking on some grass after having a good roll to ease his itchy spots, though he'd come to her aid in an instant if he thought she was really in danger. So even the horse was taken care of. That just left her with the curious stranger...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:21 pm
Red Gypsy

Wolfe Garm

Gaelan watched without moving while the woman warrior acknowledged the end of the bout, gathered materials for resting comfortably, and proceeded to remove her armor and garments. Clearly, exposing herself was not frowned upon in this new era. Gaelan found himself bemused by the strangeness of the situation. While the woman was attractive, her beauty was not enough to break the spell of discontent and confusion that plagued his mind. Then, she surprised him.

She used magic.

Without any chant or gestures she was able to use simple elemental magic. For a moment, his hand tightened on the hilt of his blade. Was she a rebel? Had the whole world been overrun by the modified? He was filled with uncertainty as he couldn't sense in her the markers that had allowed those of the Pater to recognize the modified abominations. Gaelan had mixed feelings about that too. His own parents had been marked, modified. They had been abominations. He had inherited their alterations without inheriting their marks. It had allowed him to study and join the Pater rather than being forced into the rebellion, a decision that his parents had not opposed. He loved them all the more for that reason, even now.

But, drawing his mind back to the present, he saw that all this woman had were simple herbal medicines and what seemed to be some kind of wine. Beyond that, she had scarred herself to seal the cut by using fire. His brow furrowed, though his helmet concealed it. Had healing magics become so difficult? Had they been lost entirely? How badly had the world been damaged by the war?

He squeezed his eyes shut for a moment and took control of his breathing. There were so many questions and no way to get answers. He would have to be patient. For now, he had to concentrate on the delicate matter of having only non-verbal communication available and the prospect of sharing a campsite with a female that he had only met a relatively short time ago. And, he was certain that she was offering to share the camp because she set out the majority of the simple bedding in a place apart from herself.

He took stock of the place carefully before moving. She was wrapped in a blanket. Her beast was amusing itself nearby but did not seem in need of shelter or special care. The weather seemed to be clear with no sign of an oncoming storm. He had no need of bedding. It would be far from the first time that he had spent a night in his armor. Still, would she find that rude? Should he make some show of trust? Did she expect him to disrobe as well? She did still have the lingering scent of arousal about her but it was clearly being controlled by her will. Still, her efforts to suppress it seemed... more strained than they should be.

He doubted that she could hold her personal discipline for ever. It was likely a weakness of her bloodline. Unfortunate, though it wasn't a surprise. Her ancestry came from one of the most primitive and lusty races that his world had known.

Gaelan decided, at length, on a compromise of sorts. He removed his helmet, exposing his own bloodline by revealing the low points of his ears and his black top-knot of hair as well as his faintly greenish complexion. He also removed his right gauntlet, placing it in his belt beside the other and leaving both his hands bare. Then, he ignored the bedding and moved to join his new acquaintance by the fire, kneeling and sitting on his heels as he was accustomed when chairs were not available. He made a point of looking at the angry red line of seared skin on her neck with an expression of mild concern. Then, he raised his left hand and touched the deepest of the scratches she had given him, a nick just under his left ear from a moment when her blade had slipped inside his helmet for an instant. He hadn't dodged quite quickly enough that time.

His fingers glowed green and tiny wisps of light extended from them, waving in the air like tentacles before stroking the injury, covering it in a clinging emerald glow. When he lowered his hand a moment later, the glow fading from his fingers, the injury was gone. There was simply no sign that it had been there at all, aside from a small smear of blood. He then extended the same hand toward the woman, not moving from his own position and leaving it to her to close the distance if she accepted the offer of healing. The spell was effective but it could not completely erase a burn injury as it could a clean slice. She would still have a narrow and faint scar, if she accepted, but that would be far less than what she likely expected at present.  

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 am
Haeo

Wolfe Garm

Gypsy watched as he healed one of his injuries and simply raised one delicately arched eyebrow at the offer. Honestly, she didn't consider it for long. She leaned towards him and tilted her head to expose the wound on her neck, allowing him to heal it. Healing wasn't one of her abilities. She had enough to deal with as it was, with Fire, Shadow, her demonic tastes, and her vampiric need for blood. She had her physical strength and long life. She was content with all of that and her current location in life.

She divided her time between the fort and her tower. She trained Lareth's elite troops and did her best to keep her hungers under control. But she'd been starving her demonic needs for several years now... Still, she was very determined...

She barely felt it as he healed the slice, thinking nothing of another scar to her collection. One among many didn't bother her at all. They showed that she'd lived a hard life but survived numerous attempts on her life, showed that she was a fighter and survivor and never gave up. Well, almost never...

She finally pulled back and gave him a nod of thanks that was also universal. She gestured to the food warming up then the bedding, then gestured back at him and offered him first drink from the wine bottle. She had enough to share for the night, but they'd have to head to the fort in the morning for more food.

When he actually settled over at the bedding, she knew she had to demonstrate some of her abilities so that he could assess it. She didn't need an unexpected attack, after all.

She waited until he was settled then caught his attention and made sure he noted her relaxed disposition before she held up her right hand, palm up. She called up the fire to surround her hand, but did it slowly so that he'd catch on to what she was showing him. When he nodded, she held up her other hand and called up shadows to surround that one. It might not make sense to most for her to have both abilities, but in the right circumstances it was fantastic protection.

She kept both abilities going, allowing him to assess them as he needed to. When he relaxed again, she let the shadows fade then called Red to move up behind her and nuzzle the fire around her right hand. The flames seemed to spread over the horse's body, creating an instant protection for the beast. She released the fire from her hand and let him figure out that the horse was now controlling the flames around him. The beast was smarter than he thought it was, but Red did love his attention and loved showing off...

She eventually rolled her eyes and gave the beast an affectionate shove, causing the horse to let the fire go and return to his grazing.

She'd revealed that healing wasn't one of her abilities, but that it was possible that something had survived. She was of two separate races, both probably in their infancies when he'd been fighting battles. But while he was in a different world now, he had a chance to start over with a clean slate....

She finally put a hand to her chest, "Gypsy," she introduced herself to him then gestured to him. She was going to go through words for a bit, try to give them some kind of language shift...  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff