Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The War for Athas Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:33 pm
Alright, this is the other build I made for my fighter. I'd actually prefer to use this one since it is thematically appropriate.

Alternate Jorm  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:55 am
When Arrn tells others that he is one of Kalak's freed slaves, that's only partially true. Arrn was one of Kalak's templars until the sorcerer-king fell.

Chosen for his abilities at a young age, Kalak's Templars saved Arrn from being strung up as a witch. From then on his days were a grueling struggle as he was forced through a rigorous training regimen in order to boost his power. Arrn hated defiling, but it was all he knew until. When he was a young adult, he learned that he could safely take power from the Dark Sun of Athas itself, as well as her icy moons and stars. Arrn secretly longed to join the Veiled Alliance he had heard rumors of, but his ambitions were softened by the luxury of his position as a templar. When Kalak fell, the half-elf went into hiding, hiding his sorcerous powers out of fear.

Background: Arcane Refugee[AP] Arcana +2  

Arc Vembris
Crew

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:10 am
I'm still familiarizing myself with the setting before I put the final details on my character background, but I think I've got everything else done.

Presenting Xchellik A`tok, Thri-kreen Seeker  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:02 pm
iLL iNTENT
I'm still familiarizing myself with the setting before I put the final details on my character background, but I think I've got everything else done.

Presenting Xchellik A`tok, Thri-kreen Seeker

Waiting on Barckround  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:03 pm
Arc Vembris
When Arrn tells others that he is one of Kalak's freed slaves, that's only partially true. Arrn was one of Kalak's templars until the sorcerer-king fell.

Chosen for his abilities at a young age, Kalak's Templars saved Arrn from being strung up as a witch. From then on his days were a grueling struggle as he was forced through a rigorous training regimen in order to boost his power. Arrn hated defiling, but it was all he knew until. When he was a young adult, he learned that he could safely take power from the Dark Sun of Athas itself, as well as her icy moons and stars. Arrn secretly longed to join the Veiled Alliance he had heard rumors of, but his ambitions were softened by the luxury of his position as a templar. When Kalak fell, the half-elf went into hiding, hiding his sorcerous powers out of fear.

Background: Arcane Refugee[AP] Arcana +2

Accepted.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:04 pm
Absolute Virtue
Alright, this is the other build I made for my fighter. I'd actually prefer to use this one since it is thematically appropriate.

Alternate Jorm

ACCEPTED  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:05 pm
Is it that amazing?!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:16 pm
Absolute Virtue
Is it that amazing?!

YES  

Vampfighter1
Crew

Maelthra Ssinss

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 pm
Hum. I will have to think about it... Will try to come up with a decision by tomorrow... I'm brain dead right now and couldn't come up with a character if I tried.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:03 am
Incoming background!

Xchellik's clutch was hatched in the thri-kreen homelands, the Crimson Savanna, far off in the Western Hinterlands. At an early age, Xchellik demonstrated great talent with a bow, and had an ear for primal spirits, hearing their tumultuous voices during his nightly torpor. Given his latent abilities, he sought out training as a seeker, and shortly after, he earned his way into a clutch of hunters by intercepting and slaying their quarry right under their proverbial noses.

The leader of his new clutch was a ranger by the name of Ta'chak Cho-za. Ta'chak was particularly well-traveled. He led his clutch on distant travels to the eastern lands, sometime going as far as the Tyr region. Upon returning to the Crimson Savanna, he would share what he learned of the humanoid lands with the kreen khanates. It was tough going, but as a result, the clutch grew stronger, and Xchellik with it.

In mid-journey on their way back to the Crimson Savanna, the clutch was resting at an oasis, sharing the spot with an elven caravan. The elves spoke of the city of Tyr, and the fall of Sorcerer-king Kodlak. Rather than return to the Savanna as planned, the clutch agreed to return once more to the Tyr Region and witness this momentous occasion with their own eyes. However, upon reaching the border, they ran afoul of a slaver caravan. Though each member of the clutch was a capable warrior in their own right, they were greatly outnumbered. Wounded, Xchellik was able to escape, but Ta'chak and the others were captured.

Alone and ashamed that he couldn't do more for the clutch in their time of need, Xchellik now roams the streets of Tyr with naught but the muttering of the spirits for company. Now he seeks a new clutch, a strong one, in hopes that he might discover the whereabouts of Ta'chak and the others, and rescue them from their oppressors.

Background: Last of the Clutch, +2 Endurance  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:03 am
iLL iNTENT
Incoming background!

Xchellik's clutch was hatched in the thri-kreen homelands, the Crimson Savanna, far off in the Western Hinterlands. At an early age, Xchellik demonstrated great talent with a bow, and had an ear for primal spirits, hearing their tumultuous voices during his nightly torpor. Given his latent abilities, he sought out training as a seeker, and shortly after, he earned his way into a clutch of hunters by intercepting and slaying their quarry right under their proverbial noses.

The leader of his new clutch was a ranger by the name of Ta'chak Cho-za. Ta'chak was particularly well-traveled. He led his clutch on distant travels to the eastern lands, sometime going as far as the Tyr region. Upon returning to the Crimson Savanna, he would share what he learned of the humanoid lands with the kreen khanates. It was tough going, but as a result, the clutch grew stronger, and Xchellik with it.

In mid-journey on their way back to the Crimson Savanna, the clutch was resting at an oasis, sharing the spot with an elven caravan. The elves spoke of the city of Tyr, and the fall of Sorcerer-king Kodlak. Rather than return to the Savanna as planned, the clutch agreed to return once more to the Tyr Region and witness this momentous occasion with their own eyes. However, upon reaching the border, they ran afoul of a slaver caravan. Though each member of the clutch was a capable warrior in their own right, they were greatly outnumbered. Wounded, Xchellik was able to escape, but Ta'chak and the others were captured.

Alone and ashamed that he couldn't do more for the clutch in their time of need, Xchellik now roams the streets of Tyr with naught but the muttering of the spirits for company. Now he seeks a new clutch, a strong one, in hopes that he might discover the whereabouts of Ta'chak and the others, and rescue them from their oppressors.

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm
Vampfighter1
iLL iNTENT
Incoming background!

Accepted!

woot woot  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 pm
Hey, since we've not started yet, I changed my lvl 6 utility. It was Bastion of Health from PHB1, but I changed it to Stream of life after realizing we'll have 5 encounter heal powers, there's no need for a 6th. >.<

Hope thats okay.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:23 pm
joe-dude667
Hey, since we've not started yet, I changed my lvl 6 utility. It was Bastion of Health from PHB1, but I changed it to Stream of life after realizing we'll have 5 encounter heal powers, there's no need for a 6th. >.<

Hope thats okay.

Plenty Fine  

Vampfighter1
Crew

AlphabetFish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 pm
Here's my sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=388373

Background:

"Born in the free city of Tyr, Timéa was the illegitimate offspring of a young human noblewoman and a traveling elf merchant. Her mother was unmarried, only 20 years old, and the pregnancy would have caused quite a scandal if it hadn't been covered up from the very beginning. It was lucky for little Timéa that she was born into one of the kinder, more compassionate noble families; the Callays decided to let the unwanted little half-elf live, and she was raised as a servant to the family, believing all along that she was a foundling and was lucky to be alive. Other servant children largely rejected her, but she did have an occasional companion in the Warforged guardian of the house, Eve.

Timéa was a shrewd individual, though, and used her every wit while growing up to better her lot in life. Through an equal mix of charm and reasoning, she managed to gain more and more prestigious roles in the household, 'til she was finally waiting on the Lady of her house, the woman she had no idea was her mother. Timéa had always found the Lady easy to persuade, and through the noblewoman's influence as well as her own hard work, powers of persuasion and merits, Timea was making great strides towards her dream of becoming a Templar.

Suddenly, the revolution that had always been in the air moved to the streets. The sorcerer-king was killed, and, as an unfortunate side effect of the ensuing battle, so was the lady of the house. Timéa fought in the battle on the side of the revolutionaries, as the rest of her house did, and when the rebellion had died down, she took a place among the new lawmakers of the city. It wasn't long, though, before her life was interrupted again: the Warforged Eve, sworn to protect a family which was now largely dead, approached Timéa with the secret of the half-elf's parentage, and of her status as the last hope of the Callay family line.

Now Timéa is attempting to claim her place as a member of the noble family Callay, while she and Eve seek to restore law and balance to the world of Athas.

(Background: Guiding Hand, +2 Perception)"

Got my background set, if you approve. Kowsauni's character (Eve) is part of it, and our back stories entwine.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff