Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pokémon] The Return of the Rockets [Slots Available] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain Ragnar Devonin
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 pm
Ugh...

I had finished my app but my device had decided to sign me out sometime between when I started writing it, and when I finished and clicked "Submit." (Even though I made sure to click Remember Me, and it'd only taken an hour... ) Even though I tried to save it, it ended up getting eaten and lost in the void between webpages.

As such, it may take me a few days longer to finish than intended...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 pm
This looks pretty interesting and lets me micromanage s**t...I'll have an application done shortly.  

Absolute Virtue

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:14 pm
I hope I'm not getting in over my head here but as a huuuuge poketard I don't think I can let myself pass this up x.x

Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Christopher Tanner

Why did you decide to take this test?
I got into some pretty big trouble a few months ago, and I feel like I've exhausted all my other options, let's just leave it at that.

What makes you Rocket material?
I'm not exactly a stranger at using Pokemon for breaking the law. My family has had financial problems since before I can remember, so I'd try to help my mom out with a little shoplifting and robbery. Not that I told her where the money was coming from or anything...

Time for a background check. Anything we should know?
Well, I was born in Fallarbor Town, in northern Hoenn. My parents had a farm there. Looked like a desolate little scrap of wasteland what with all the ash that was always raining down from the volcano, but that stuff's surprisingly fertile. Anyways, my dad passed away when I was still pretty little, so my mom had to take care of me by herself. I got my first Pokemon when I was only five. My mom found a spinda that had wandered onto the farm from Route 113. She was usually too busy keeping up with the chores around the farm to give me much attention, so she thought I could use a Pokemon for the company. I named him Patches. Real original, I know, I was five, what do you want from me. But Patches was my best friend growing up, so it is what it is.

When I got older, I realized what kind of trouble we were in with the bank, so I tried to help bring in more money for my mom. I tried contests, what with the contest hall they built right there in town, but Patches was a spinda, so he wasn't exactly graceful or that pleasing to look at. I brought in a bit from battling, not quite enough to cover what we needed, so I wasn't sure what to try next.

Then one day while I was at the store getting some groceries, some guy comes barging in, set on robbing the place. I had Patches with me so after one Teeter Dance the guy had no idea which way was up or down. Same thing went for the other customers...and the guy at the cash register...and then before I knew what I was doing, I was taking all the money myself and Patches and I booked it.

So I told my mom I just battled a few rich kids that were passing through, and robbed a few more stores. Things were going fine until I got caught. Mom was devastated, they took Patches from me, and I spent several months behind bars. I guess they went easy on me because I never actually hurt nobody. I tried going home, but mom couldn't even bring herself to look at me. I've got no idea what became of Patches either. Maybe that's why I'm really doing this, I dunno...

Describe how you look, since our camera is broken.
Well with all the ash in the air I never got much sunlight so I'm pretty pale. I've got ashy blond hair, ashy gray eyes; it really shows where I grew up now doesn't it. Right now I've got on a plain white t-shirt, a brown bomber jacket, jeans and my dad's old hiking boots. I love these boots. That's not gonna be an issue is it? What with the uniforms I've seen and all...

What are your team skills? People skills?
I've always been kind of a loner, so I'm not that used to working with others. I always got along better with Patches than I did people too...so I'm not really sure that's gonna leave me.

How much experience do you have? Any badges? Ribbons?
Like I said, poor Patches wasn't cut out for the Contest Circuit, and I never bothered trying the Gym Challenge.

If you could choose, which region would you prefer to work in?
Someplace far from home if possible. I've caused my mom enough trouble. I don't need to put her through any more than I already have.

Do you have a type preference? Do you have a type you can't stand?
I've always liked Bug types. Most people are either afraid of them, or underestimate them. I feel like I can relate. Ghosts and Dark types are pretty useful as well, and I like the utility of certain Normal types, like old Patches. ...I don't like Psychic types. I don't feel comfortable around them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:34 pm
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Joe Borbon

You see, I've been doing these small gigs for a while and I know that's just a waste of my talent. I'm ready for the big leagues, baby, and there ain't much bigger than Rocket.

I got some real experience in this world, I know the routine in and out. I've been the grunt and done the dirty work. I've worked my way up to leading a bunch of misfits who don't know their head from their a**. I figured Rocket could use a guy that knows the ropes, you know, cuts down on training costs. I do what I'm told, when I'm told, no questions ask. That's how the game's played.

But you know what really makes me hot? I got a vision. You see, I don't plan on staying at the bottom of the ladder for long. I move up, I make a name for myself, and I get business done. Only thing that's going to stop me is if my heart stops beating.

Born and raised in Saffron City. I got around town pretty well, knew a few people, made a name for myself amongst the kids.

First gang I got into was Wyld, we just did small time stuff like pickpocket those dope tourists. We merged with another neighborhood gang and became the Saffron Boyz, and man we worked that city.

When I worked my way up to an officer we were hitting supply shipments on the routes to Poke Marts and selling the goods hot.

We had those trainers on lock down. They'd come out mad because they lost their gym battle and we'd sell them our "miracle" potions and elixers to make their pokemon stronger. That was the best scam I ever ran.

Ain't never get caught either cause I kept Jenny in her place. Yeah, I treated her right.

But a lot of the guys were getting older and wanted to settle down and the new blood just wasn't the same. I had to get out and do bigger things, so that puts me here now.

Oh, and the b***h Sabrina would probably kill me for it, but I was tappin' that every night. But I got some connections in the organization already, know what I mean?

Look at me, I'm a total stud. Chiseled jaw; bam bam bam, bam bam bam six-pack; and guns, you gotta look good to get the ladies. Rock solid. They really dig the blue eyes and blonde hair down to my shoulders, they think I'm some sensitive musician and when I get them alone I start tearin it up.

I'm a natural born leader. I know what to do and when to do it, and I know how to make punks do it. Then I'm a stone-cold killer. I do what it takes to get a job done, because that job is getting done. And I know how to talk to my audience. Sometimes you got to let a punk know what's up, sometimes you got to be a bro, sometimes you got to play it smooth, and sometimes you got to talk business.

Nah, when you running the game like I was you don't got time to play around and get badges and ribbons. What good are they anyway?

It don't matter, you tell me to go somewhere and I'm there. People the same regardless where they are, the game don't change.

Whatever gets the job done, that simple. Sometimes you want something big and badass, like me, to wreck s**t in a hurry. Other times you need that cute little thing that's only good for getting a chick in the sack. In the end they're just tools to be used. And even if you don't got the best, that's where the intelligence comes in. You make that tool work for you.

Absolute Virtue

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:04 pm
Actually, if you're following that manga(why is there like 3 different ones), I might change the background a little.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 pm
Absolute Virtue
Actually, if you're following that manga(why is there like 3 different ones), I might change the background a little.

the manga he means is Pokemon Adventures, didnt know there were more, it follows one timeline, but changes characters like the games...  

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:08 pm
There's a few different manga, though the others aren't as long running.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 pm
Vampfighter1

3nodding It's a lot better! Accepted~
Once this is started, I'm going to be doing journals.
So, I'll need you to have a section about your amount of funds (ball park it) and just how readily available it is. Hopefully, her father won't cut her off for joining Team Rocket.

Captain Ragnar Devonin

D: Oh noes!
^u^ Just let me know when you're done, k?
I'm going to reserve a non-spot for you.

iLL iNTENT

Accepted~
You bug lover.
emotion_awesome Now you have to do all those dice rolls

Absolute Virtue

I'm following Pokemon Adventures.
So, Sabrina is still part of Team Rocket....
Your app made me lol, though, so you'll probably be accepted once you clear the part about Sabrina up.  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:45 pm
Yeah, I removed the gym stuff but...I've always had a crush on Sabrina, lemme keep tappin' dat. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:53 pm
Absolute Virtue
Yeah, I removed the gym stuff but...I've always had a crush on Sabrina, lemme keep tappin' dat. crying

It'll be an unrequited love. Are you ok with that?

Annoucenment to Everyone!
Once you've been accepted, please give me your post color!
Check the list of people to make sure you don't pick the same/similar color!

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Absolute Virtue

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 pm
Oh, by crush I meant fantasies I'd live out in the Pokemon world. I know I'm not the only one who's dreamed of banging cartoon characters...Am I?

This guy, he's a total badass, no time for love. Hit it and quit it, yo'.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm
Absolute Virtue
Oh, by crush I meant fantasies I'd live out in the Pokemon world. I know I'm not the only one who's dreamed of banging cartoon characters...Am I?

This guy, he's a total badass, no time for love. Hit it and quit it, yo'.

Sadly, that's probably what would happen, even if he wasn't a total badass.

So, you're accepted. You may roll and give me your post color now.
(You can pick any starter from the list, besides a Shinx, Poochyena, and Caterpie)  

xX_Terei_Xx

Questionable Prophet

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 pm
A bug user.....fuuuuun
my character is like, an opposite to everyone so far -.-  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:01 pm
Navy, totally navy, because navy is badass.

I'll start rolling shortly.  

Absolute Virtue

Jun Valson

Versatile Genius

9,250 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:02 pm
Rocket Entrance Exam

Name: Jason Tolbe

Revenge

A strong drive to take from those who don't really understand what they posses.

I started years back in Pallet Town, around the same time as Red. I started with a Koffing, and was off on my way, I didn't care about glory, it was all about fun. Once on my training a met a man in the mountains, he was collected and specialized in earth type pokemon, ya know, rock and ground types. He gave me an egg he'd found left behind by some hapless trainer who'd captured the mother. Eventually it hatched, and I had Lapras. For a time I even worked against Team Rocket, I'd heard bad things about them. Then one day I was in a competition, and some hot shot newbie with some freshly traded pokemon swooped through the tournament, I was fought him in the semi-finals, and the kid had no talent, just some over-evolved nightmares, so over power, he couldn't control them, not only did he beat me, but my team died that night, all of them. Because some idiot couldn't reign back his pokemon.
What finally changed my mind about Team Rocket though, is I heard a rumor Giovanni had been the leader of it before he mysteriously vanished. So I went to Viridian Gym and found a bust of Giovanni left over from before Blue took over the Gym, and that was the man I met in the mountains during my training, The man who gave me my Lapras, who straightened me out from my self-destructive path of substance abuse. Some day I will find Giovanni and I will thank him.
In the mean time, I want to keep what happened to me from happening to others, I don't care if I have to take all the pokemon in the world, because if no one else has them, no one will suffer like I have...

Where once my hair was long and unkept, it's much shorter now. It still looks striny and brittle, but its short. My eyes are green, and probably a little red around the edges, even though I've been clean for years.

As a Team player I can follow orders, but am smart enough to think them through rather than blindly robot around. I'm probably not leadership material- but I could learn to be in time. My people skills are stunted, but I'm getting better. In time I'll be the best of everything you could want, for now I'm willing to start and the bottom and work my way up...

I have a few Badges, though I never completed any circuit. I In Kanto I got Badges from Brock, Misty, Koga (Before he vanished), Sabrina, Lt. Surge and Erika, though I never found Blaine's Gym, In Jhoto I obtained badges from Falkner, Bugsy, Whitney, Morty and Chuck, I faced and lost to Jasmine. In Hoenn I beat Roxane, Brawly, Wattson- and before I could face Flannery I was in the tragic competition that cost me my team.

I Feel Most Comfortable in the Jhoto/Kanto Region where I was born, but I'm not against travel to other places.

My specialty aside from my Lapras was Poison Types, but I'm looking to broaden myself.

((Side Note: I wasn't really going to join at first, the idea of such a limited character kinda turned me off- till I found myself with a weird idea to roll with))  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff