Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4e: Secrets of Lidea~~~~~~~~[FILLED] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Black_Armed_Death_God

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:11 pm
How many Defenders do we have?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:15 pm
one person called a paladin other than that no one else said anything, I was thinking on doing a Warden  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm
Ok, I was going to switch to my Mage instead. But with out a few defenders I'd just be a very squishy target.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:18 pm
Hey, I want to be up front with you guys. I am in the Coast Guard and go out to sea a for month or two at a time every two months or so. I just got back from my last patrol, so I'm going to be around for awhile, but come mid-October I'm going to be disappearing back out to sea for a month. While out at sea, I have access to email but no internet, so I can still make posts via correspondence though my wife, but I can't guarantee how how often they will come as I get pretty busy underway and only have limited computer access.

I've been a member of this guild for some time and have been wanting to join a DnD group for a while. However, I have declined to do so so far due to not wanting to have to bail on people when I have to go back out to sea. I've noticed there was a lot of interest in this campaign and I don't want to be depriving someone of a spot who can be here full time, so if you guys think this will be an issue, I can step out now and give my spot to someone else. I just wanted to be up front with you guys and explain why I'm going to be gone for a month come October.  

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:22 pm
I know how that is, I'm trying to get my master's in language and just got back from three months in Moscow not but two weeks ago. It's not open slots that's a problem, it's that we are trying to balance out the party and not doing to well at it I think.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:23 pm
Kowsauni
Hey, I want to be up front with you guys. I am in the Coast Guard and go out to sea a for month or two at a time every two months or so. I just got back from my last patrol, so I'm going to be around for awhile, but come mid-October I'm going to be disappearing back out to sea for a month. While out at sea, I have access to email but no internet, so I can still make posts via correspondence though my wife, but I can't guarantee how how often they will come as I get pretty busy underway and only have limited computer access.

I've been a member of this guild for some time and have been wanting to join a DnD group for a while. However, I have declined to do so so far due to not wanting to have to bail on people when I have to go back out to sea. I've noticed there was a lot of interest in this campaign and I don't want to be depriving someone of a spot who can be here full time, so if you guys think this will be an issue, I can step out now and give my spot to someone else. I just wanted to be up front with you guys and explain why I'm going to be gone for a month come October.
You can take my place if you want, I don't mind stepping a side for someone that tries to protect a nation in real life. Have fun...  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:29 pm
Well I have a spot already, thank you though. I just wanted to make sure everyone is okay with this before I get too involved in the campaign.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:29 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Kowsauni

You can take my place if you want, I don't mind stepping a side for someone that tries to protect a nation in real life. Have fun...

Nah, I think you missed the point. He already has a spot reserved for him, but he's saying that hey can give it up for someone else if there is someone else that wants to play.

And Kowsauni, I don't think that is necessary. I don't know how long you will be gone for, but it's always possible to write you out of the story for a little while, and then back in later if you want to remain in the campaign. Or, alternatively, if you want to play now, we can always open the spot in October when you have to go. Don't feel like you have to give up your spot just because you may not be able to stay for the whole thing.

If someone contacts you directly about your spot and you want to give it to them, that's fine, but I'd say don't feel like you need to give it up otherwise.  

Ziekara

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 pm
I kind of just skimmed though your post. forgive me for the misunderstanding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:34 pm
Ok, I have at least one of every type.What do we need most? Striker,Defender,Controller,What?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:37 pm
@ Kowsauni: What might be best is for combat reasons, you include on your sheet some sort of protocal, like what powers you'd use in what situation, and another player or the DM can roll for you. Like programming!

When I DM and a player becomes absent in the middle of a fight, I resort to NPCing them, but refuse to use anything beyond At-Wills, as to not TOTALLY screw the other players. If things are going poorly, I will resort to encounter powers, but under no circumstances will I ever use an absent player's action point or daily powers/items, on the off-chance they come back.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 pm
@ Role Topic:

We have two rangers and a sorcerer (3 strikers), a cleric and whatever kind of leader Southern is playing (2 leaders), and a paladin (defender). I'm going death nun (controller) to round it out.

I would say we would be better off with this party size, having 2 leaders and 1 defender, than 2 defenders and 1 leader.

Our biggest concern, however, is the amount of melee vs ranged. So far, we have a paladin and a dual-blade ranger as our only guaranteed melee.

If you guys feel that your leaders will be more mid-range to ranged, or pacifistic, let me know before I work on my sheet and I'll switch to a defender instead (I loves me my fighters!).  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Cute Things In Jars

Anxious Poster

10,675 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:48 pm
lol
this aught to be interesting  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:50 pm
Rain Yupa
@ Role Topic:

We have two rangers and a sorcerer (3 strikers), a cleric and whatever kind of leader Southern is playing (2 leaders), and a paladin (defender). I'm going death nun (controller) to round it out.

I would say we would be better off with this party size, having 2 leaders and 1 defender, than 2 defenders and 1 leader.

Our biggest concern, however, is the amount of melee vs ranged. So far, we have a paladin and a dual-blade ranger as our only guaranteed melee.

If you guys feel that your leaders will be more mid-range to ranged, or pacifistic, let me know before I work on my sheet and I'll switch to a defender instead (I loves me my fighters!).
Alright, then I will use my Cleric but I will keep my Paladin and Mage ready as a just encase thing.  

Rain Yupa generated a random number between 1 and 36 ... 32!

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:52 pm
Also, to put my money where my mouth is from a different thread, if I do play the Fighter (probably a Battlerager, cause I haven't done that before!), I will roll randomly for my race now.

Quote:
1-2 = Dragonborn
3-4 = Dwarf
5-6 = Eladrin
7-8 = Elf
9-10 = Half-Elf
11-12 = Halfling
13-14 = Human
15-16 = Tiefling
17-18 = Deva
19-20 = Gnome
21-22 = Goliath