Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
3:16 - Carnage Amongst the Stars (Game Mechanics/OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 pm
SporkMaster5000
((door kicking's still kicking ability: 6))

No, that's Non-Fighting Ability. Unless you're killing d00dz, you'll almost always be using NFA.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000
((door kicking's still kicking ability: 6))

No, that's Non-Fighting Ability. Unless you're killing d00dz, you'll almost always be using NFA.
what if i want to kill the door? We don't need it to get back, right? also that could be a fun personality quirk. I didn't really have this character very thought out.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:50 pm
Hey, it's all good.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:59 pm
I'm still figuring out Trooper Drauss, too, so it should be interesting to see where all of us go.  

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:14 pm
I am so failing, right now XDDD My rolls are terrible!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:21 pm
SporkMaster5000
what if i want to kill the door? We don't need it to get back, right? also that could be a fun personality quirk. I didn't really have this character very thought out.

I personally appreciate and feel for your door vendetta. Alas, it is still Non-Fighting. It's part of the charm of this system. You get cool stuff for killing things, so you want Fighting Ability, but if you ever want to accomplish anything else, you also want Non-Fighting Ability.

My character when I played was FA 6 / NFA 4. And boy, did I need more NFA.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:23 pm
SporkMaster5000
I didn't really have this character very thought out.

Meditatus Sanctum Mien
I'm still figuring out Trooper Drauss, too, so it should be interesting to see where all of us go.

You're not SUPPOSED to have the character very well thought out, at first. That's what Strengths and Weaknesses are for! ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:29 pm
I likes the idea, anyway biggrin  

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:43 pm
Rain Yupa
SporkMaster5000
I didn't really have this character very thought out.

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

You're not SUPPOSED to have the character very well thought out, at first. That's what Strengths and Weaknesses are for! ^-^
and that's why i didn't have him very well thought out, but i don't even have much of a personality for this guy yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:48 am
Meditatus Sanctum Mien
Trooper Trevor

Sergeant Trevor.

Please remember orders he make are to be listened to and followed.

Mongooseh
"As the corporal said! Now stop this talk about sex!

Meditatus Sanctum Mien
"Sorry, Padre. You won't be able to handle this legendary sex machine

Meditatus Sanctum Mien
"I take that back, Padre. Up your kill count like that, and we'll see what happens."

And here is the punishments available to Trevor for willfully disobeying a officer.

(2) Willfully disobeying a lawful order of superior commissioned officer. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

(3) In time of war. Death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

Just something to think about.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:39 pm
Mongooseh
Meditatus Sanctum Mien
Trooper Trevor

Sergeant Trevor.

Mongooseh

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Meditatus Sanctum Mien
"I take that back, Padre. Up your kill count like that, and we'll see what happens."

And here is the punishments available to Trevor for willfully disobeying a officer.

(2) Willfully disobeying a lawful order of superior commissioned officer. Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

(3) In time of war. Death or such other punishment as a court-martial may direct.

Arc, Trooper Drauss did say for you to up your kill count...

This might be a good time to bring up "field promotions". If a superior officer dies on the field, the next highest rank moves up to fill that position, effective immediately. However, soldiers with their MandalBrite Armor are a great deal hardier than bugs. Your weapons do not kill them outright; instead, they take a kill (ie wound) from friendly fire. So yeah, don't expect to gun down a jerky CO like it was a piece of cake.

Stray bullets when said CO is hanging on by a thread are an unfortunate threat of intense combat, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:45 pm
Just waiting on Buzz and Mongooseh to post. However, since Mongooseh posted here earlier and not in the game thread, I will assume that he is simply doing "sergeanty" things if Buzz posts first.

SUMMONING SPELL!

Mongooseh

buzzxf

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:05 pm
Rain Yupa
Mongooseh
Meditatus Sanctum Mien
Trooper Trevor

Sergeant Trevor.

Mongooseh

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Arc, Trooper Drauss did say for you to up your kill count...

This might be a good time to bring up "field promotions". If a superior officer dies on the field, the next highest rank moves up to fill that position, effective immediately. However, soldiers with their MandalBrite Armor are a great deal hardier than bugs. Your weapons do not kill them outright; instead, they take a kill (ie wound) from friendly fire. So yeah, don't expect to gun down a jerky CO like it was a piece of cake.

Stray bullets when said CO is hanging on by a thread are an unfortunate threat of intense combat, though.
what determines chain of command within a rank?

should such a terrible tragedy as both the sergeant and corporal dying in the heat of battle occur, none of us outrank the others yet.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:43 pm
If two or more PCs are next highest ranked then they should make a test of NFA. The highest success (or failing that, the highest failure) is promoted.

This only happens when the most senior ranking PC dies during a mission. If your corporal falls but sarge is still kicking, no promotion 4 u!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Intellectual Sage

5,750 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:03 pm
Mongooseh
Meditatus Sanctum Mien
Trooper Trevor

Sergeant Trevor.

Mongooseh

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Meditatus Sanctum Mien

Shoot, I was just trying to add some character traits. If she dies, then, you'll have one less person to worry about. I have no problem with it, so long as the death she has is somewhat dignified. If she's offed because she wasn't talking directly to the Sergeant, for that reason alone, and he wants to go bashing in peoples' heads, that's fine with me. Just let me know in advance.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff