Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D20 Modern] Steel Titans [FULL] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:44 am
raozspaz
[You can but it would be a Knowledge Physical Sciences check]

((so then...they have more more to do with physics and engineering then technology? or is knowing the first to meant to be more applicable to my plan talent?))  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:34 pm
"Guess that means my job will be either real easy, or ******** impossible. Good to know." Gavin keeps gazing at the Guardians. I am going to have so much street cred after it gets out I drive one of these things...  

Dallas Moonrain

raozspaz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:48 pm
"That is correct. Now then, if you are all done asking your questions, I would like to see how effective you all are out in the field. So, if you are all done asking questions, I will show you all to the armory." Even though it seemed like he was asking if they were done, he didn't wait long enough to give them a chance to reply and just began to walk away from the room, maybe expecting them to ask their questions on the way there.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:21 pm
Jack followed the man, wondering if he meant to put them into a simulation or physical field course. Ah well, he'd find out soon enough. Still, this was turning out to be rather interesting.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:42 pm
"Yes, sir," says Madge eagerly as she follows along. She'd have given a salute, but he hadn't given her the chance--not unless she wanted to be left behind.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:54 pm
Toby rolled his eyes, "Don't call him sir. He already told us he isn't our commander, and I'm not even sure yet that this is a military establishment anyway."

((so is my question(s) to be ignored?))  

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:14 pm
User ImageHer head down as she followed the commander to the Guardians, Tress's eyes lit up when she saw the mechanical amalgamations. "Fascinating!" she called out in an eager voice. "You've managed to get a bipedal walking motion to function through mechanics? And at that scale? It's not easy, certainly. You've probably used a gyroscopic balancing system, but accounting for the terrain and shifting... well, this is just impressive." Suddenly realizing her outburst, her cheeks flush and she shrinks into herself a bit, looking very coy. She listened attentively to the officer, taking in any details he could provide, though there weren't many to be had. She dearly wanted to know what was behind the functioning of the machines, though. So, despite concern for the whole combat implications of heading to the armory, she went along with it.

raozspaz
[You can but it would be a Knowledge Physical Sciences check]

{Which I have a +10 in, so I'll go ahead and roll...}  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 5:24 pm
Madge shoots Toby a cold look. "Just because he is not our commanding officer is no reason to be rude. 'Sir' is always an appropriate appellation for an office of unknown rank--especially one that seems to have more knowledge of a subject that oneself." She turns away from him, looking back at the Guardians. Probably just joined up. I wish they'd take the time to instill proper discipline before letting such people into the field. She stifles a sigh.  

jennibert

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:02 pm
Toby snorted derisively. "What makes you think that he's an officer, or even in the military for that matter? Also, you may not know much on the subject but I haven't come across a machine yet that i couldn't take apart and put back together again." Toby had been talked down to to often in his life. He didn't like her derisive comment, "while on rank, what is yours ma'am?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:03 pm
The man stops and turns around suddenly. "Will you people stop. We are trying to prevent a war. Keep the disagreements between you to yourself before I drive you both to latrine cleaning." The man was already aggravated but quickly turned back around and continued to walk towards a large iron door down at the end of the hall.

[Knowledge Check Success: Though you have a very refined grasp on the mechanical features of the machine, there are still some parts the you don't quite understand or recognize]

raozspaz

jennibert

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:26 pm
Madge subsides to silence as ordered, but seethes quietly. I seriously doubt you know more than he does about the Guardians overall purpose you irascible nitwit.

{I couldn't resist using irascible. And it is so much fun to be bitchy. smile }  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 3:49 pm
The man finally reaches the armory and opens the door. When he first opens the door, the entire room is pitch black dark. He flips on a light switch and the room brightens up. The room itself is quite large, but what makes it such a wonderful room is all the weapon racks that line their ways throughout the room. Over on the far wall, their is a metallic rumbling sound and then a small little opening reveals itself. A man standing behind a counter smiles and leans on the counter. "Well then. Everyone, once you are ready, you can go to him and he will get you what you need for the simulator. You can have any basic weaponry that happens to be available for you. Once you are completely ready, go down this hall until you find the black and red door. Open it and I will be waiting inside." The man salutes the group and then walks away from them all, allowing them the time to go look through the armory before getting their equipment.  

raozspaz

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:20 pm
not knowing at all what to expect, but assuming he wasn't going to need rations, he just asked for some Toby just asked for some basics, "I will have a rifle please, preferably something that can switch between semi-auto and auto, preferably an HK G3, but an M16 is fine if it's all you have. I would also like a pistol, but it doesn't needed to be fancy, either a Glock or a Colt would be fine, I'm not to particular about that. Enough amo for both, a knife, and i wouldn't say no to a gernade or too." he didn't think he would actually need it, but not knowing what the test(s) would entail and wanting to play to his strong suites he would ask, "Also, i don't suppose you have some kind of tool kit? Not a full one mind you, i don't want to be carrying around a giant tool box, but a bit more compact and secure, preferably tools both mechanical and electronic."  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:33 am
He would look over the armory, then look towards the man. "Question here. Are we suppose to select a layout of equipments that we would normally take for what we did before coming here or to keep in a cockpit with us as emergency gear?" He spoke calmly, thinking a list for both situations.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:44 pm
Gavin shrugs indifferently. "I'm not much for machine guns and the like, though I'll take one if I have to. A 9mm's my usual weapon, and I'd prefer a Glock if you've got it, but I'm not too picky as long as it works." Probably less of a concern here than at home--and a lot more legal. "The main thing I'm interested in is medical supplies--bandages; antibiotics, both ointments and orals; scalpels and the like in case field surgery is needed, all that sort of thing. And make sure that the rest of this lot gets a little bit of first aid gear to carry as well."

{I'm not the medical expert that Gavin is--basically assume that he's going to try to get just about everything he'd carry in an ambulance short of a difibrillator.}  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff