Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF Korvosa] Chapter I: Edge of Anarchy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:09 am
You depart the fortune teller's house, directions for Gaedren Lamm's current hide-out still fresh in your minds. It isn't that long of a trek to make it to his dilapidated waterfront building - 20 minutes at most.

The building itself is situated on the Jaggare River along the eastern portion of the city. The river continues northwards and eventually curves west, towards the ocean. It is flanked by another abandoned warehouse on the south and a copse of dead trees to the north. The reek of brine and the stink of week-dead fish hang thickly in the air. The building's weathered front has a set of double doors, a drooping signpost without a sign, and two windows.

There is a rickety walkway, held together by barnacle-thick pilings that have been worn halfway through, runs alongside the southern edge of the building, out over the river. Keen eyes can make out what looks like an old ship on the eastern edge of the building at the end of the walkway.

Along the northern edge of the building sits a loading dock, fully fifteen feet wide. A few cards sit nearby, partially loaded with large tar-caked barrels marked with a fish-shaped splotch of red paint on the side. Double doors to the immediate south of the loading dock's ramp provide access to the building's interior, while a rickety fllight of stairs descends nearly to the river's surface to the east, where a second door provides a secondary entrance.  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 1 Total: 17 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:24 pm
User Image"I'll scope it out and see what's going on," Aeth said, creeping low to the ground and darting for cover, Mr. Dainty Paws scuttling along with its strange gait behind her.

{Going to make a Stealth check for me and for Eidolon. +9 for myself (25), +14 for Mr. Dainty Paws (15 - good thing he's generally good at it...), respectively.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

MT the Clown rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:36 pm
With one hand on his dagger and a catalyst hidden in his hand, John keeps a lookout.

((Perception +4))  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Bekra very badly wants to simply burst in the front door and just start swinging her khopesh at all non-children inside, but she does know that this is foolhardy. At the least they should investigate first. Since she couldn't sneak around if her life depended on it, she remains outside keeping an eye out and trying (but probably failing) to look inconspicuous.

{+3 on her perception check.}  

jennibert

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:35 pm
Jonathan tugged his hat low, letting the others scout while he pulled from his heavy duster a beat up old pistol, checking it over with delicate handling. Taking out what looked to be a wineskin, he poured the powder it contained into the barrel before stuffing down a thing of wadding. "Right then... hope you're all ready."  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 2 20-sided dice: 15, 12 Total: 27 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:34 pm
{Y'know, it occurs to me that, if Aeth is scouting, I should roll Perception. +2 for Aeth, +12 for Mr. Dainty Paws.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm
The window beside the double doors is greasy and poorly cleaned, but Aeth's keen eyes can make out a blurred shape resembling a desk beyond the door. She can't make out any movement in the room, however. Through the other window, she can see about a dozen small shapes toiling at a large vat.

Those on look-out don't notice anything beyond what has already been described.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 pm
User ImageAeth directs Mr. Dainty Paws to scale the building and keep an eye out, which he does with alarming alacrity. She sneaks back over to her fellow conspirators. "It looks like the entry way is empty right now, but the room next to it has a bunch of kids working in it. I don't see any adults, but it isn't exactly the easiest bunch of windows to look through."  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:56 pm
User Image"Y'know what? Let's just kick that door in and kill thus ********!" She says. "Or, well, could someone else kick in the door? I'm not so much with the kicking..."  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:48 pm
"Hell yeah! I'm all for that," says Bekra. Without further discussion, she flings her armored frame at the door.

{And here's a strength check to break it....+2}  

jennibert

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:58 am
Beckra ineffectually slams her body into the door, creating a fair amount of noise but having little impact. A moment later, from beyond the door comes the sound of a dog's angry bark.  
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:59 pm
"That didn't work out well. Where's the lock, it'd be easier to destroy that>"  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

jennibert

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:45 pm
Bekra regards the door in frustration. "That always works in stories," she mutters, but she looks up as one of her companions suggests the lock. "Good idea!"

{I'll let someone else beat me to trying that if they want. Bekra's just going to try to smash the thing with her khopesh.}  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm
User Image"Okay. Maybe we should try to disable the lock instead... Although, that dog barking is kinda worrying. Oh, well. Nothing to do about it now..."

{Going to attempt to disable devise the lock. Got a +6...}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 pm
"If we wanted to warn them, I could have just blown the door clean off it's hinges." Drawing the same vials again, Johnathan readies himself should the door open and something less than friendly be on the other side.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff