Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[M&M 2nd edition] 1 AZ - Issue #1 underway! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brains
  Brains
View Results

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:26 pm
You can summon any kind of minions you want, golems, demon, undead, ninja, mobsters, cops, whatever you decide they are. If you pay 1 extra point per rank, they are not subject to the minion rules, but are treated like normal characters.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm
Theres a word in there that I don't like. Summon. I like to build monsters and golems, contructs and impossible mechanical creatures using magic or some supernatural power to animate them, but What makes it fun is the designing process and having to make do with the materials at hand. You'd be amazed at how threatening a mechanical scorpion can be when it is animated by magic and is built from items in the evironment such as broken electric razors, mouse trap springs, wire coat hangers, rusty silverware, and disposable cameras. All of which are things you can find in the trash cans in cities and neighborhoods alike.

I'm very good at designing constructs and then putting them together in such a way as to make them very threating, but only being able to summon them takes the fun out of it.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:01 pm
So you create a power that you call Build Construct, which allows you to build a 75-point robot in one full round out of available materials. Because materials are not always immediately available, it only works about half the time (keep scrounging for another round). This power costs 2 points per rank.

Mechanics: Summon Minion, with the Type (general) extra (+1), the Heroic extra (+1), the Action (full action) flaw (-1), and the unreliable flaw (-1).  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm
I didn't think I was allowed to create a completely new power that wasn't in the game.

I think I might just save the character with object mimicry for another game or if the character that builds constructs is killed. If I can get a bit more information on the costs, I'll make the character immediately.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:13 pm
This is an example of what I said about customizing power with extras and flaws. You can call your power whatever you want. You don't have to use the name in the book. I built the Build Construct power using the Summon Minion power as a base, and added extras and flaws to make it unique. This is exactly how powers should be bought and used in M&M.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:15 pm
He's got a point. Fluff wise, things can be pretty much anything, as long as they fit with the crunch. What Mackie suggested would do exactly what you wanted.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:24 pm
I'll be using it. I can promise you that. I asked about the costs as in what are all the extras and there costs that I can add to make it function properly.

Though, you listed just about all the ones I need, I think...

I'm calling it Scavenged Striker, which makes alot of sense if you think about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:33 pm
Haven't given up on this game. Sunday, I fell asleep as soon as I got home, sleeping from 4:45pm til 6:20am the next morning. Today I had work and game, and tomorrow (at least) I'll be in New York visiting a friend. Assuming weather doesn't prevent me from doing so, I should be back tomorrow night and be posting again on Wednesday.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 pm
Wire_Colossus
I'll be using it. I can promise you that. I asked about the costs as in what are all the extras and there costs that I can add to make it function properly.

Though, you listed just about all the ones I need, I think...

I'm calling it Scavenged Striker, which makes alot of sense if you think about it.
What other things do you have in mind for it?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:20 am
That the construct doesn't fall apart or go away unless killed in combat.  

Wire_Colossus

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am
Add Duration (Sustained) for a cost of +1 per rank, to prevent the construct from going away if you're stunned or knocked out. It already has Heroic, which allows it to survive more than one hit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:45 pm
Is there anyone who can stat out the power I asked for, and will the GM give me a yea or nay to the request I made concerning a variation of the 'unreliable' or 'uncontrolled' drawback?

There, now maybe someone will see it.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:32 pm
The cheapest way to have an array of different weapons that you can use one at a time is a "Utility Belt". To have an array that includes all the ranged weapons in the main book (there are 20, including the flamethrower, grenade launcher, and rocket launcher) will cost 10 points (Leaving out the 3 Heavy Weapons reduces the cost to 6 points). Note that this uses the Equipment feat, which only costs 1 point per rank, so a flaw may not affect the cost.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:26 pm
Mackie the Knife
The cheapest way to have an array of different weapons that you can use one at a time is a "Utility Belt". To have an array that includes all the ranged weapons in the main book (there are 20, including the flamethrower, grenade launcher, and rocket launcher) will cost 10 points (Leaving out the 3 Heavy Weapons reduces the cost to 6 points). Note that this uses the Equipment feat, which only costs 1 point per rank, so a flaw may not affect the cost.

That's the thing. The power itself is literally the character randomly finding a conveniently-placed weapon just lying somewhere, loaded and ready for use. He doesn't have the equipment, he finds and uses it until it runs out of ammo or jams or something.

Laertes Ursus

Vicious Knight

13,050 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:15 am
Laertes Ursus
Mackie the Knife

That's the thing. The power itself is literally the character randomly finding a conveniently-placed weapon just lying somewhere, loaded and ready for use. He doesn't have the equipment, he finds and uses it until it runs out of ammo or jams or something.
Weapons don't normally run out of ammo or jam in M&M. That would be handled as a complication. You could add a limitation "Power Array switches randomly every X (or 1dX) turns" if you want. Since the feat is 1 point per rank, it can't reduce the cost, so the limitation value shouldn't matter. The rest is just fluff.
How does this look to you?

Weapon Summoning: Cost = 5

Hero is able to find and use random firearms.
Equipment 5:
Alt: Hold-out Pistol
Alt: Light Pistol
Alt: Heavy Pistol
Alt: Machine Pistol
Alt: Submachine Gun
Alt: Shotgun
Assault Rifle
Alt: Sniper Rifle

Limitation: Array switches randomly (1d8 roll) when initiative is rolled, and if hero is stunned or knocked unconscious.

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff