Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[PF] No Return Ch. 1: The Flight of The Lady (Start.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is our Most Valuable Roleplayer
  1.) Cley Pureholm-- The Paladin dishing out all the damage.
  2.) Justice Blackwell-- The Monk/ranger who is taking on the other side of the battlefield.
  3.) Tehila-- The Bard who is motivating us all and gave the Pally a weapon!
  4.) James-- The Sorcerer pin cushion!
  5.) Hur' Oc-- The Fighter who isn't fighting, but hark he bears the gift of weapons retrieval!
  6.) Lad Sherlock -- The Paladin/Sorcerer pin cushion who took out one opponent in about the goriest way possible.
  7.) Ziya-- The Druid pin cushion who is casting spells and keeping the client safe from beneath a table!
  8.) The DM-- Who is sending wave after wave of enemy at you and making your characters life miserable!
  9.) The Fat Spellcaster guy from earlier who disappeared-- He's important don't forget him.
  10.) The innocent onlooker who is stalking this thread and only voting in this poll for the gold.
View Results

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:45 pm
Mastur Sage
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Hur' Oc paused, taking the statement and it's implications in. He then played the fool that everyone was so eager to believe "Ah, yes. I think we had some like those too in the under dark. It's actually how I got this scar, rite of passage that didn't go well..." He sighs heavily before continuing "Still I'd be happy to keep you and your friend company. Would you like some jerky?" Speaking directly to the dragon. He knew that they were intelligent, and prideful. To a fault, playing to it's ego would be simple "His scales are coming in nicely, have you been helping him groom or have you" He looks to the dragon before continuing, "been taking care of that." Taking his backpack off he searches through rummaging about for some jerky in his rations for the dragon to get into.

The small creature scuttled to Drago's shoulder and nervously extended his neck out with an open mouth to receive the meat. Drago's voice sent it back a moment when he said, "Yes, this is number nine, appropriately named Nina. I plan on picking up my red at the end of this journey. I'm on a quest to prove that chromatic dragons are not inherently evil, rather they are raises to be that way. My green reached adulthood not to long ago, about thirty years back or so, and he isn't exactly charming, but he wouldn't harm a man until he himself was harmed."

He murred gently for the creature "You're a gorgeous little girl." He offered his hand out to the dragon. He then looked back over the new arrival chuckling, "No, I'm the chef. I was hired on account of my sensitive nose allowing me to cook far better. The wyrm is the second one. You can tell because she's full of blood lust." He offers her another piece of meat "Her blood lust is unquenchable!" sarcasm dripping from each word. He sighed happily, joking was his way of making things easier.

The food was put back into his pack, "Let me know when we're starting so I can get into armor, I'll need someone's help, I'm Hur' Oc, wilderness tracker and occasionally I frighten people away for a fee." Punctuating the run on sentence of a joke with a hand shake. Despite his tusks he seemed to be making a run at a warm smile; they weren't as bad as boar tusks but they were obvious when he smiled. The pearly white contrast to his ashy black skin; further contrasted by the brilliant violet of his eyes. His broad frame was shirtless and slick as he's apparently made for far more temperate places, "I wont lie, I can't wait to get air borne. A good draft would do me a world of good. Plus a place to put all my stuff. I don't go adventuring with most of this stuff." his voice was a very deep baritone, rumbling and carrying far, however it was somewhat hard to understand some of the annunciations over the bass of his chords.  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:07 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
User ImageTehila chuckled unintentionally. "I'm just sort of teasing you, Cley-honey. Don't take offense. I mean you're alright, y'know. And you're kinda cute, especially when you blush. Don't mean anything untoward by that, by the way. I bet you've got a lot of guys swooning over you, even if you don't know it. But, hey! Let's stop having me just make this more awkward and instead get over to the docks and find ourselves our boss!" Tehila lighly bounded off in the direction of the docks in the hopes that they might make some progress there...

User ImageDefinitely going to be a little weird working with this one. But I'd rather have her around than some of these other folks. At least she's not evil... Cley eyed the folks passing by. Far too many of them were making her uneasy. She moved as fast as she could after the much less encumbered tiefling, trying to get to their destination as soon as possible. She certainly hoped that she hadn't accepted a job bodyguarding someone who was up to no-good. Not that all evil people were bad... There were some who could at least be redeemed eventually. Oh, but nevermind that. They were at the docks, finally. Now to look for that flying machine...
{Perception +1}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Dallas Moonrain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:32 pm
User ImageJustice grins slightly at his jokes, and then nods. "As I said, I'm Justice. I'm an archer and tracker by trade, though I have a fair amount of training in defending myself with my hands. I like to make sure I'm ready for anything." She tucks some of her shoulder-length dark hair behind her ear, and looks around. "So, who are all the rest of these people then? Friends, colleagues, servants of yours, Count?"  
Anatarei Crimsonthrone rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm
Disciple of Sakura
User ImageDefinitely going to be a little weird working with this one. But I'd rather have her around than some of these other folks. At least she's not evil... Cley eyed the folks passing by. Far too many of them were making her uneasy. She moved as fast as she could after the much less encumbered tiefling, trying to get to their destination as soon as possible. She certainly hoped that she hadn't accepted a job bodyguarding someone who was up to no-good. Not that all evil people were bad... There were some who could at least be redeemed eventually. Oh, but nevermind that. They were at the docks, finally. Now to look for that flying machine...
{Perception +1}

User Image"Ah, the docks. Such a miserable place, but most folks here don't seem to mind a lady with horns so long as she's got a decent rack on her. Heh. Though they don't really appreciate the songs I tend towards. Lousy tippers, to be honest. Hopefully we won't be here long - maybe Count Drago will just be hanging out at the air ship and we'll be good to go." Tehila peeked around, doing her best to spot anything that might look like it could fly.
{Perception +9. Here's hoping I do better than Cley.}  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Emerald the Crow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 pm
So they're both sorcerers... no wonder they're such handsome men... Interesting company to find myself amongst. "I'm not opposed to killing enemies - laws of nature and all that. However, I'm not spoiling for a fight, either. No sense in it. It's a terrible waste, too. One may have to kill to survive, but one should really ensure that everything is done to make the most of the kill. And that gets a little weird when humanoids or other sentients get involved. But we should definitely get moving. I'd like to get into the air here sooner rather than later, and preferably for a little while without wearing out my arms."  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:21 pm
User Image"I appreciate that you both at least understand my position," Lad says, his voice quiet and unusually sober. His convictions on this subject are one of the few things he takes very seriously. But he isn't subdued for long.

"Ooh, that one's in armor. Think she'll be traveling with us?" he says to no one in particular, spotting the armor clad human woman and the very interesting demon-looking woman with her. If only I didn't have a mission, I could go talk to them, but oh well. He settles for merely checking them out, both with his eyes and with the detect evil spell he now has going, and then turns his gaze back towards the airship.

"I guess this is it," he says, as the three companions approach the crowd of men, the blindfolded gnome, the towering orc, and the female human archer. "Are you Count Drago?" he calls out. "Because if so, we're here to see you."

{Having looked at their character sheets, I know that no PCs will ping on Lad's detect evil, but if anyone else around does, please let me know....}

{I think Lad needs a smilier picture. Will have to fix that later.}  

jennibert

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:27 am
Hur' Oc made silent observations in his head, then looked back to the archer, "You're all right" He turned back to the tiny black dragon. Still honestly looking at the tiny dragon and gnome was a sobering fact that struck him once more. There were old blood gods and the like looking to be appeased. This mission seemed like such a bad idea, the thugs with canes and the like was probably the moment he should of paid the man and pretended to be a dumb tourist. Too many bad signs for 'just an easy guard job' he then punctuates this though by accidentally letting out a dramatic sigh. Then stops as he realized what he had done, then he just sheepishly grins, until having to swat at a large tropical bug looking to make him a meal.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:59 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Hur' Oc made silent observations in his head, then looked back to the archer, "You're all right, I'm not sure about the templar though, she seems to be wearing full plate... In this weather... I'd ask for rain but I'm pretty sure even the rain is muggy and hot. Which is funny, ever since Nueman passed the law that sexes need to be differentiated on the battle field, so all female armor is worn with dramatic bust too. Female armor is also more curvy. I've no idea how they fit the arming coat, chain mail, and leather straps on, and still manage to look femme, no less religious at the same time." He chuckled to himself as he turned back to the tiny black dragon. Still honestly looking at the tiny dragon and gnome was a sobering fact that struck him once more. There were old blood gods and the like looking to be appeased. This mission seemed like such a bad idea, the thugs with canes and the like was probably the moment he should of paid the man and pretended to be a dumb tourist. Too many bad signs for 'just an easy guard job' he then punctuates this though by accidentally letting out a dramatic sigh. Then stops as he realized what he had done, then he just sheepishly grins, until having to swat at a large tropical bug looking to make him a meal.

{Just felt like pointing out, to the best of my knowledge Cley and Tehila aren't there yet - they're still looking for the flying machine or anything else - their perception checks haven't yielded anything so far. Thought you ought to know.}  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:25 pm
{Yeah... I was waiting for the DM to let me know what my Perception check had turned up. I mean, we just walked into the area and haven't had a chance to even really get to looking. I figured he was requiring the Perception checks to even find the place. Kinda like a skill challenge or something...}  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:49 pm
((Fixed. I thought those checks meant you were out in the crowd. I thought it was pretty easy to presume in context that you were; so far that anyone too heavily armed or exotic looking relative to the locale is hired hands. So a templar near the docks that feel like Tortega (sp, famous pirate friendly port. Rough crowds, etc. etc.) may or may not be here for a specific reason.))  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:27 pm
Anatarei Crimsonthrone
{Yeah... I was waiting for the DM to let me know what my Perception check had turned up. I mean, we just walked into the area and haven't had a chance to even really get to looking. I figured he was requiring the Perception checks to even find the place. Kinda like a skill challenge or something...}

((You passed, Sakura didn't.

And sorry, I work really odd hours and was tired last night. 2 days, 2 nights, four days off, repeat. It takes a lot out of you, but thats the military for you.))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:49 pm
User Image
Count Drago smiled at the query of his friends. "I am a very important man to the lower-class citizens here, and thus it has brought me a very close nit group of powerful allies. They keep trouble away and keep me lively, because the hoity toity life just doesn't sit well with me regardless of what I do for a living." His statement left a lot to mystery, but he said no more because yet another adventurer was approaching.

((If you want to dig into this more, Perception check, followed by either a Know Arcana, Know Religion, Know Local, or Know Planes.))

He asked if he was whom he was and his answer was sarcastic and simple. "Actually I just randomly happened across a giant man and an archer. Despite my blindfold I have the uncanny ability to stumble across adventures." He smiled and laughed a bit before adding, "Yes young one, I am Count Drago and it is..."

He was cut off by a voice yelling from the docks behind him. "MOVE YER ASSES MEN. WE NEED TO HAVE THIS BABY OFF THE GROUND BY EIGHTEEN THIRTY! THATS TWENTY MINUTES!" The mans call was answered by a roar of "RODGER THAT SIRs!" When the silence returned Drago simply said, "I do hope the other four arrive soon, I wouldn't want to hold anyone up." Behind him and past a fence two gigantic metal boxes covered in runes were being levitated by a gang of sorcerers onto the airship. They were both heavily chained and made of a blackish blue steel with red, blue, and violet runes scattered across them."

((Knowledge: Religion, Arcana, or Planes if you want to try and decipher them.

Read magic doesn't seem to help as it is written in an older text, but add a +4 if you have read magic, +2 if you speak celestial or abyssal.))  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:29 am
User ImageLad is taken slightly aback by the sarcastic response to his cheerful greeting, but his early training as a diplomat keeps it from showing on his face. "A pleasure to meet you, sir. I'm Lad Sherlock, and I'm at your service. And we may be waiting for fewer than you think--there are two gentlemen with me, though I'll leave them to introduce themselves as they see fit." Lad smiles at the Count and the orc, and then his smile widens a little as he smiles at the archer, taking a moment to appreciate her figure. But not too long--he's a little nervous about the men emerging from the nearby row of carriages, and keeps glancing over that way to see what they might be doing.

{Can no one tell my character's a boy? confused Is it his manner, or just the fact that my avatar is female?}

{And look! Lad is more smiley now. smile }  
jennibert rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 am
{Missed the thing about the runes....Lad has a +8 Knowledge(arcana) and a +2 since he speaks Celestial}  

jennibert

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:08 pm
jennibert
{Missed the thing about the runes....Lad has a +8 Knowledge(arcana) and a +2 since he speaks Celestial}

(You can tell the the runes are made up of a combination of multiple languages, but you see reoccurring themes of chaos. Though the symbols associated are slightly off, so they may have another meaning.

The other box seems to be covered in an ancient archaic text that you cannot decipher.)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff