Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 3.5] Crystal Hearts - Recruiting/updates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm
ok well, 15 pounds it is then xD I don't remember tem being that heavy but w/e. Oh an just so you know *Sure you do anyways* you can use rocks laying around as bullets and they will be just as effective. More so for half-lings :3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 pm
Joe, make your darkwood shield masterwork and give it +2 instead of +1. I say this so I can have all of my group as balanced as possible.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

glitterboypilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 pm
Sling: Your Strength modifier applies to damage rolls when you use a sling, just as it does for thrown weapons. You can fire, but not load, a sling with one hand. Loading a sling is a move action that requires two hands and provokes attacks of opportunity.
You can hurl ordinary stones with a sling, but stones are not as dense or as round as bullets. Thus, such an attack deals damage as if the weapon were designed for a creature one size category smaller than you and you take a –1 penalty on attack rolls.

Alright, now that I did that.

I am making a Dragonfire Adept and I was wondering if I could use Metabreath feats? Here are a few that I am looking at...

RECOVER BREATH [METABREATH]
You wait less time before being able to use your breath
weapon again.
Prerequisites: Con 17, breath weapon.
Benefit: You reduce the interval between uses of your
breath weapon. You wait 1 round less than usual before
breathing again, but always at least 1 round. The feat
stacks with the effects of metabreath feats, reducing the
total time you must wait to use your breath weapon again
by 1 round.
Special: If you have multiple heads with breath weapons,
all breath weapons use the reduced interval.

MAXIMIZE BREATH [METABREATH]
You can take a full-round action to use your breath weapon
to maximum effect.
Prerequisites: Con 17, breath weapon.
Benefit: If you use your breath weapon as a full-round
action, all variable, numeric effects of the attack are maximized.
A maximized breath weapon deals maximum damage, 71
lasts for the maximum time, or the like. For example, an old
silver dragon using a maximized cold breath
weapon (damage 16d8) deals 128 points of
damage. An old silver dragon using a maximized
paralysis gas breath weapon (duration 1d6+8
rounds) paralyzes creatures for 14 rounds if they
fail their saving throws.
The DCs for saving throws against
your breath weapon are not affected.
When you use this feat, add +3 to the
number of rounds you must wait before
using your breath weapon again.
This feat stacks with the effects of breath
weapons enhanced with other metabreath
feats, but does not maximize
them. For example, a maximized
breath weapon further enhanced by
the Tempest Breath feat produces the
type of wind effect noted in that
feat description, but the velocity
of the wind is not also maximized.
Special: You cannot use this feat and
the Quicken Breath feat on the same
breath weapon at the same time.

ENLARGE BREATH [METABREATH]
Your breath weapon is larger than normal.
Prerequisites: Con 13, breath weapon.
Benefit: The length of your breath weapon increases by
50% (round down to the nearest multiple of 5). For example,
an old silver dragon breathing an enlarged cone of cold produces
a 75-foot cone instead of a 50-foot cone. Cone-shaped
breath weapons get wider when they get longer, but lineshaped
breath weapons do not.
When you use this feat, add +1 to the number of rounds
you must wait before using your breath weapon again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:46 pm
Those feats seem fine to me. Provided you meet the prerequisites :3  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Alzzak rolled 18 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 3, 2, 5, 1, 1, 4, 5, 4, 6, 6, 6, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 Total: 66 (18-108)

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Alzzak rolled 18 6-sided dice: 4, 1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 3, 4, 6, 1, 4, 4, 4, 1, 5 Total: 67 (18-108)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm
I ask cause I want two feats that would take up the fist and third slot.

Edit:

Maybe I should check with the Dm, about those feats first...

DRAGONWROUGHT

You were born a dragon wrought kobold, proof of your race’s innate connection to dragons.

Prerequisites: Kobold, 1st level only.

Benefit: You are a dragon wrought kobold. Your type is dragon rather than humanoid, and you lose the dragonblood subtype. You retain all your other subtypes and your kobold racial traits. Your scales become tinted with a color that matches that of your draconic heritage. As a dragon, you are immune to magic sleep and paralysis effects. You have darkvision out to 60 feet and low-light vision. You gain a +2 racial bonus on the skill indicated for your draconic heritage on the table on page 103.

Special: Unlike most feats, this feat must be taken at 1st level, during character creation. Having this feat allows you to take the Dragon Wings feat at 3rd level.

DRAGON WINGS

Your draconic ancestry manifests as a pair of wings that aid your jumps and allow you to glide.

Prerequisites: Dragonblood subtype, 1st level only.

Benefit: You have wings that aid your jumps, granting a +10 racial bonus on Jump checks. In addition, you can use your wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. You glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if your maneuverability improves, you can’t hover while gliding. You can’t glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.
If you become unconscious or helpless while in midair, your wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them. You
descend in a tight corkscrew and take only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter what the actual
distance of the fall.

Special: Unlike most feats, this feat must be taken at 1st level, during character creation. A kobold with the Dragonwrought feat can take this feat at 3rd level.

At level 6th

IMPROVED DRAGON WINGS

Your draconic wings now grant you flight.

Prerequisites biggrin ragonblood subtype, Dragon Wings, 6 HD.

Benefit: You can fly at a speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability). You can’t fly while carrying a medium or heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. You can safely fly for a number of consecutive rounds equal to your Constitution modifier (minimum 1 round). You can exert yourself to fly for up to twice as long, but then you’re fatigued at the end of the flight. You are likewise fatigued after spending a total of more than 10 minutes per day flying. Because you can glide before, after, and between rounds of actual flight, you can remain aloft for extended periods, even if you can only use flight for 1 round at a time without becoming fatigued.
When you reach 12 HD, you have enough stamina and prowess to fly for longer periods. You can fly at a speed of 30 feet (average maneuverability), and flying requires no more exertion than walking or running. You can make a dive attack. A dive attack works like a charge, but you must fl y a minimum of 30 feet and descend at least 10 feet. You can make a dive attack only when wielding a piercing weapon; if the attack hits, it deals double damage.
You can use the run action while flying, provided you fly in a straight line.  

Alzzak

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:43 pm
I see noting wrong with those feats, but from now on please give me your source from which you found them please :3  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:50 pm
They are all from Races of the Dragon =3

Do you have any space left for a last entery? I can have a sheet up preaty sharpish n.n  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:54 pm
there's 15 total slots I got like 2 sheets dne and liek 4 people who started left to make sheets
Answer: Yes you may join.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 pm
Yay =3 Now to decide what to play >_> Usualy the hardest part for me =3  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Manozz55

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:08 pm
Quick question.

(Some DM's do it differently)

PP = 5 GP correct?

And the option for 1 major item and 3 minor items + 500 gold. Is there a restriction on the major item (I figured Holy Avenger +5 is out of the question already >.<) With your permission I might change some of my equipment.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:15 pm
By the book 1pp = 10 gp o.o  

Rock_DS

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:19 pm
Thank you, I like the Kobold race but like the orc and half orc, to other races I like, I feel they got shafted under normal rules.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:25 pm
Manozz55
Quick question.

(Some DM's do it differently)

PP = 5 GP correct?

And the option for 1 major item and 3 minor items + 500 gold. Is there a restriction on the major item (I figured Holy Avenger +5 is out of the question already >.<) With your permission I might change some of my equipment.

pp=10gp

and its nt 1 major item and 3 minor its 1 item with a major magic ability *like holy avenger* or 1 item with 3 small magic abilities like a sword tat does 1d4 fire 1d4 ice and 1d4 electricity or something and THEN 500gp OR you can have 1k pp which would allow you to buy special metals for your armr or weapons and junk.  

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

Tsubaki Mizuru

Dangerous Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:26 pm
I assume manozz you're trying for a paladin?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff