Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Mikani and Kanika's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:56 pm
Stallions day...?
Rikka, Cullen & Tai

dustfeather

Cullen has gotten frightfully bored with the lake, so he does what all good adventuresome young stallions do: he's going exploring.

This is relaxingly familar to him, too, from the days when he had a human on his back, and they learned more about the world around them. He's seen so many things, been so many places...and yet everyplace is new, unique. It's never ceased to fascinate him.

The camo stallion is currently trotting along the outskirts of a large field, his head raised to the sky. It's a windy day, and the gusts billow about his feet, but he's so stocky and sturdy that it effects him very little. He blows out excitedly, doing a little buck for the sheer joy of being alive.

KasaiLoki
Along that very outskirts of a field, one basket seemed to lay abandoned. However, you could soon find out that the mother (Or perhaps it was the mother), of the child located inside the wicker crate, would soon approach, pulling another basket to lay idle near it's sibling.

The snowbird soquili thought it would be best to take her new children along with her while she went on a short graze to regain some of her energy that had been spent just a few nights before. She nuzzled the blue basket, reaching down to grab a mouthful of the newly grown grass.

However, hearing the sounds of hoofbeats, and the scent of another hit the air, Rikka casted a nervous gaze around for its seeker. Her hopes of ever finded Intrepid seemed to fade as her children were brought into this world. It didn't bother her though.

dustfeather
(Syrran - you can jump in when you're ready, alright? <3)

The basket suddenly catches Cullen's attention, and he slows to a walk, curiously making his way towards the basket, his head out and sniffing.

But before he can get there, a blue winged Soquili comes out into view, dragging another basket. Intrigued, he pauses to watch them, quiet, before: "Hello there. Need some help, miss?"

He looks like a slightly short Soquili, stocky, but he looks fairly good-natured. Cullen blinks at her, head tilted slightly to one side.

KasaiLoki
The stallion had made his appearance soon after Rikka sought after his scent. Her ears swiveled forward, pinning back for a moment before perking forward once again. "No...I got it," She told the stallion, standing between him and the two baskets. Not that she didn't trust him or anything, she just felt compelled to be between the two (Just incase this one decided to attack. Which was rather unlikely, but you'd never could tell with one these days.)

"...But thank you for the offer," the wind told the stallion, bobbing her head slightly. "I'm Rikka," She introduced, which was a normal greeting when it came to meeting a new soquili.

Syrran
Tai, who had been spending the majority of the day trying to find more ways to impress Ayita, had completely burnt himself out and needed a break. Deciding to take a trot around the valley he stumbled upon a couple of unfamiliar soquili, as well as a couple of baskets.

Well it seemed like he had found something to keep his thoughts at bay. Finally! He quickly ambled over and stoped a few paces behind them. He whinnied in greeting, but made sure to keep his voice low so as to not startle them.

dustfeather
He's rather relieved. He has a hunch that there are foals in there, and him as a nursemaid to tiny foals does not create an appealing picture. He's never had to deal with children before...well, not often anyway. They're almost a different breed, or something.

He dips his head in a cordial nod of understanding, before the winged ice soquili offers her name. "Cullen," He responds comfortably. Before he can wonder what to talk about, a whinny sounds nearby, and he turns to spot yet another unknown Soquili. He nickers in welcome.

KasaiLoki
"Pleasure to meet you, Cullen." The winged female said, lowering her head to check on the contents of the baskets before hearing the whinny of the other stallion approaching. Her head flew upward quickly, ears perking forward as she blew from her nose. She snorted lightly, another male? Rikka's lucky day...?

To not be rude, the mare sent a small whicker in greeting, just as Cullen had done. Her gaze was split between the two stallions, inching from them ever so slightly.

Syrran
Taima approached them and dropped his head, sniffing near the baskets. He had never been much for manners. Lifting his head again he looked from Cullen to Rikka to the baskets again. He didn't know which to investigate first.

After a short silence he turned his full attention to the one who had just introduced himself as Cullen. The stallions's large blue eyes bored down on him as he tried to size Cullen up in his mind. " Hello, I'm Taima." Tai took a step towards Cullen, stopping and waiting for a sign that he could continue and sniff him.

dustfeather
"Pleased to meet you too, Rikka," The camo responds automatically.

He watches Taima with a bemused, somewhat blank look as he goes about inspecting the baskets, but as the other stallion gets nearer, Cullen stomps one hoof down, not really warningly, but as a reminder of good manners. He's never been one for close contact with others, and he's close to inching slightly away as Rikka is doing. No, children would drive him crazy.

"Er...I'm Cullen, and this is Rikka."

KasaiLoki
The mare nodded, silently thanking the first stallion for the introduction of herself. "And it's a pleasure to meet you aswell, Taima." She told the dapple, eyeing him as he watched her baskets for a minute. She moved towards them, shuffling her wings as the wind blew at them. "What bring all you out in this area?" She asked, all of a suddenly. This place was vacant for a few days, and now springing with a few bits of life from the equines.

Syrran
Taima quickly recoiled and stood erect again, his ears pinning back for a moment and then he turned them back around again, relaxing a bit, though the muscles in his neck still bulged slightly. He'd never had anyone do that to him before....best not to dwell on it though.

He turned to Rikka and nodded " Nice to meet you Rikka" He wanted to sniff her too, but she was already trying to get away as it was so it probably wouldn't be a good idea. He tried his best to keep from inching closer. His tail flicked impatiently.

EDIT: " Nothing really...just trying to find away to make my mate happy. I haven't seen her in a little while and I want to make up for lost time..." this he mumbled. He wasn't all that good at impressing mares.

dustfeather
The camo stallion shrugs. "I needed a change...I normally hang around a lake, or at least I have for the last moon or so now. So I went out exploring, to see what else there might be to see, and possibly join up with a herd...although I haven't seen any yet. Are either of you part of one?" One ear twists toward Taima.

KasaiLoki
Rikka shook her head towards Cullen. "I'm sorry, but I can't say that I have seen one, nor be apart of one." (That was sort of a weird comment, seeing as she just said she didn't see one, nor was she part of one?) She told the Camo. Her head tilted towards the silver dapple, hearing his words just before Cullen's.

"You can always try flowers, mares like that." At least most did. She was one for certain. "Or try strawberries? They're in season this time of year, and rarely in others. It's quite a delicasy." Rikka chirped, remembering her first taste of the sweet fruit the first time she came down from the mountains.

Syrran

He perked up. " Really? You think she will like that?" He had gotten so wrapped up in what Rikka had said he had almost forgotten to respond to the other stallions comment. " No...I'm not in a herd. Most of the time I'm with Lequoia, my bonded human. Other than that I spend time with my mate Ayita and her bond Foalen. Herds, sounds quite interesting though."

dustfeather
A bit lost with the 'what mares would like' (and not having a mare to test these sort of things out on, anyway), Cullen falls silent as the two converse, resting one hind foot. But something the stallion says registers, and his mind returns to the conversation. "Ah...so there are more humans around here, then?" He'd like to find Miakoda again...didn't she say she had a human? If so, where there's one human...there will be others. But he continues. "Yes...I'm interesting in joining one. Scouting, guarding, that sort of thing." A smile dashes across his muzzle.

KasaiLoki
The snow mare nodded, "I believe she will love them, if you choose to give it to her." She grinned, anyway to a mare's heart was through gifts partially. Too bad Trep didn't do that..No, she wasn't thinking of him again. She'd get over him! She would...she..would.

And it looks like this mare had found another one who had bonded to a human. By the looks of it, it seemed Cullen had no bonded human either, but she could be wrong. After all, looks could be decieving, no? "I hope you found one," she mentions, flicking her tail as she eyed the baskets on the ground. "I'm sorry, but I must depart now. It was a pleasure meeting you two, and if you don't mind watching one of these baskets while I return them home." She asked them, being able to trust these two, just for a moment. She couldn't drag both of the kids at the same time.

Within a few moments, she was pulling the smallest basket towards her cave, in which she deposited quickly and hurried back to where the stallions stood, along with her last basket. With a quick 'thank you', she grabbed the rim of the whicker crate in her mouth and began pulling the small foal back to her cave where it's sibling resided, the two stallions out of view.

--End Stallions day...? as Rikka has left the seen--  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:55 pm
Doing the Right Thing

Trep had mad his long trek from the beach to the woods, being slow about it on purpose. He was still a little uncertain of this decision to find the beautiful, blue-winged mare that he'd so cruely tricked. He figured she'd be to the mountain by now. But he had to be sure. He was not even certain what he'd say to her if she did run into him. Sorry, I went to get something to eat and got lost on my way back? Actually.. she might even believe something like that.

Intrepid whinnied into the silent air, ears flicking forward. He was coming toward the waterfall, the place he'd been with her last. Would she stick around this place for so long? Or maybe she'd left and kept coming back. If anything maybe he could find a scent trail? "It's been months you idiot. She would have left by now and no scent would be fresh enough." His ears perked, he could hear the falls.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:59 pm
On the contrary, the snowbird may have left the beautiful waterfall area, but she had kept visiting the valley were her and Intrepid had last seen eachother. It was hard, however, moving the baskets along with her on her trips. Sooner or later, she'd have to find another cave near this valley, because it would be perfect to raise the kids in.

Rikka's ears pricked, hearing the distant whinny. I thought no one knew of this place? Only her and Intrepid...It couldn't be him. It had been MONTHs after all... She hesistated, whinning quietly in return to the other, continuing to pull the baskets so they were hidden from any threat this new soquili could showed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:12 pm
Trep froze when he heard the faint reply, tail flicking. His heart was racing. He couldn't go through with this. No doubt in his mind, that whinny belonged to Rikka. Because no other horse new of this place that he knew of.

"..R..Rikka?" He finally called out, moving forward again. Why was he doing this. More importantly why wasn't she gone from this place yet? He finally came into view of her, and again he stopped, just staring at the beauitful, slow witted mare.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:19 pm
It was him. After all this time, he returned. But something in Rikka caused her to pin her ears back at the intruding stallion, a neigh filled with the sounds of hatred carried by the wind. "Intrepid," She said, rather hotly as she turned around, making sure both baskets were out of sight from the caribou stallion.

The mare wasn't usually like this, infact, it panged her heart to act in such a manner to the bayish male. "What...are you doing here?" She asked, her voice drifting from it's hatred tone to one of the kind loving, normal Rikka toned voice.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:24 pm
His own ears pressed back uneasily, he tossed his head a little and stomped his hind hoof. Mad! She was mad. He had no idea she was hiding two little baskets. He might have fleed again right then, if he knew.

Ah but there was that normal tone, creeping back into her voice. He gave a light nicker, stepping closer again. "M'sorry l-" He histated. "Rikka." He didn't have any excuse, not really. "And what do you mean what am I doing here... looking for you of course! Thought... you flew back to that mountain of yours!" He tried to sound cheerful.. but he was failing miserably. He just felt guilty, and sounded guilty.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:34 pm
"I was tempted," She began, her wings drooping slightly. "But I wanted to wait for you to come back..." Her voice was absolutely pathetic sounding: like she wanted something, but new she could never have it. Her ears flickered back and forth, before her head slowly drifted to the ground, ears flopping to the sides.

"I waited...for months I stayed on this land to wait your return. For months I watched the fireflies gleam in the darkness, in hopes their brightness would lead you back." Her cyan gaze met the ground, only to look at him for a moment. "For months...I suffered without you, and now you waltz back in?" She choked on a sob that threatened to be released. She couldn't take this, it was all too much.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:42 pm
Oh gosh. This was just making everything worse, not better. Why was he such a terrible a**? "Why did you wait so long?" He said, softly. "Why couldnt... you see I was... such a terrible stallion?" He couldn't even meet her eyes, he felt like such scum.

"I... Im not trying to waltz back in... I just.." Sorry wasn't even good enough, he knew it. Not for letting her think what she had and then leaving her alone. "I... am truly sorry... even though sorry wont help.." He murmered, glancing to her from lowered eyes.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:48 pm
"You're not a terrible stallion, Trep..." Her head rose, ears perking forward as she watched him. Her ears flickered towards the baskets, which made a slight rustling noise as the wind blew past them. "You shouldn't apologize to me, seeing as I have no response to them...." She told her, eyeing her before tilting her head towards the baskets. "You really should apologize to them..." She didn't specify 'them', instead, she'd let the witty stallion figure it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:58 pm
He was, even if she denied it. But at least it helped him feel a bit less guilty, eh? His ears flicked at the rustling noise, no forest plant he's been near made a sound like that when wind went past.

"T..then?" He stared at her wide eyed. Crap, crap! His worse thoughts had been confirmed. He'd knocked her up. And even worse. He'd left her through that all. He wasn't sure if he should be pissed at his bad fortune of having kids.. or guilty for leaving her to have them alone?

But he would make this up to Rikka! He was surprised that he even wanted to, it was not like he hadn't done this before. But 'bagging' Rikka had been so simple.. and happened too quickly, usually it took him a bit before he'd actually got a mare to trust him. And he'd never wanted to go back and check on them.

It took every bit of courage he had to move foward, each step slow. He came up beside Rikka, staring at the baskets. They were beautiful.. and at the same time, the scariest thing he'd ever laid his eyes one. Responsablity. It was half amusing, really. "Im sorry. Im so sorry." He whispered again, it was hard to tell if he was saying these sorries to Rikka again or actually speaking them to the two baskets.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:18 pm
As the stallion moved near her, she began stepping backwards. She had done the same with the other two stallions, Cullen and Taima, just a few days before. It wasn't that she didn't trust these males, she had just been too...used? Would that be the word to use in a situation like this.

She nickered softly, casting a sad look over to the baskets, then to the stallion, who was apologizing one thousand times per minute. She snorted quietly, moving towards the basket to not to hide them anymore from the other's gaze. If he was to bolt, now was the time for him to do it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:28 pm
Trep's ears pressed back again, and he backed up as well when she came toward the baskets. To give her space, she wanted space.

He did not start to walk away though, he had to do this. He told himself. He had to help her, even if she didn't want the help. He was silent though, watching his hooves.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:44 am
The Meeting of Two Kinds
Trep meets a horned stallion, what is this?

Lethrossen
Intrepid moved along in the forest, he wouldn't be gone long from Rikka. She was probably paranoid he'd stepped away for a little bit. Probably thought he'd run again. Maybe he could bring her something back. Berries? Might be hard to find this time of year. But he just needed to think, and he did that best when he was walking.

It had been decided. He would help her with the two foals, wether she wanted the help or not. Actually, he should probably find out if she wanted his help first, even if he was going to try and force it on her. That was how he could make up for what he'd done... right? Ugh, he didn't want kids. Kids were a hassle. But for some reason he wanted to stay close to Rikka. Too bad that took him about eight months to realize, and still not fully.

He snorted, short tail flicking as he inhaled the nightly scents. His dark gaze flicked up toward the tree branches, trying to see through their web to the sky above. He wondered if the sky was beautiful tonight?

Cihiru
The sky was always beautiful. This was something he'd come to realize through seasons of isolation and contemplation, and insignificant though it may have seemed, it cracked his stoic visage with a faint smile. Whether the sun parted the drifting clouds, or the lightning cracked the crying sky, it was magnificant.

The same could not be said for everything; he'd come to realize this too. It did not plague his mind tonight, however, which he would have paused to appreciate had he become aware of it. He was busy thinking of other things instead... Things like why, of all logic reasoning, had he decided to depart from his sanctuary home and brave the wonders of the land beyond it? What made him turn to such reckless abandon? Maybe he just hadn't thought of it that way, until now.

Regardless, here he was, plodding along in what would have seemed an absent daze if not for the way his ears gave attentive flicks. Was there someone else about? He could have sworn it was the shuffling of hoofsteps playing on the slight breeze. Did he want to call out to it, chancing whether or not it was? Ti'ran podered for a brief moment before deciding no, he didn't. So he wandered toward it instead, pausing occasionally to reassess his approach.

Lethrossen
Intrepid's thought flitted away, his main foccus now were his surroundings. It was easy to get lost in thoughts, but dangerous to do so at night. Especially in the woods, a prey-beast could attack him any moment.

He snorted lightly, tossing his head a little. Attack him an recieve a few broken ribs or at least a bruise, for sure. He would fight back if that was ever the case. His ears tilted slightly left. Was someone there?

He inhaled deeply, but caught no scent. He surpressed a nervous whinnie, continuing his walk. He listened intently for an intruder. But it could alwasy be another mare or stallion, yes?

"Hello?" His voice was low, as well as cautious.

Cihiru
The object of his approach proved more daring than he; it called out before he had chance to pull it into view. "Hello," the stallion returned simply, stopping abruptly for a moment. This would be the first individual he had an exchange with since he'd set out on his travels; he only hoped he would not make a fool of himself with ignorance.

Having resolved his thoughts, he gave his head a shake to tame stray locks of his wavy mane, and started forward. His steps were light, but quick, and before long he found himself in the company of another Soquili. He first huffed a low neigh in greeting, following it with "I am Ti'ran."

The stallion standing before him was not unlike others he'd seen and heard of... but they were rare, and so he still provided a bit of novelty. It was difficult not to stare, particularly at the lack of horn and... well, fluffy tail. Ti'ran gave his own slender tail a flick, reminding himself of the differences. This served as a distraction too, and broke his fascination.

Lethrossen
Intrepid gave a little neigh back in return greeting, ears flicking as if to catch the name that was spoken. For once he was not sorry that it was a male that had greeted him instead of a female. But he was amazed at the sight before him. What was that horn.. and the odd tail? His markings seemed to glow, something else Trep had never come to see.

He blinked and gave his head a shake, loose strands as well as braided peices falling to either side of his neck. "I'm known as Intrepid.. nice to meet you, Ti'ran." He tried to keep the wonderment from his voice, but he was doing a poor job of it. He wanted to ask the other what he was!

But instead, "Why are you out here tonight.. also on a walk?"

Cihiru
The tone in the other's voice all but made him outright laugh; it would seem he was not the only one having a moment of curiosity. "Same to you. Intrepid, was it?" The name was a foriegn one; he wanted to be certain he'd heard it correctly.

"I wish I knew," he answered, overlooking the wonderment until he decided to be forward with it. He could ignore it, if Intrepid wanted to. "Walking just for the sake of walking." There was more to it than that, but he didn't care to share stories of a long and mostly boring journey, nor go into details of his homeland, and his kind. Not yet, anyway. "Yourself?"

To ask such a question and not have motivation himself would have crossed the unicorn as a little unlikely. Surely he was here for a reason?

Lethrossen
He nodded at the other's pronounceation of his name, it was correct. His short tail gave another flick and he let his curious gaze wander a bit left to the horned-stallion, he knew it was rude to stare but he was still amazed.

He listened to the other's reply in a calm manner, walking for the sake of walking. Fair enough, he supposed. What better reason to be out and about anyhow? One should not truly need a reason to be walking during the night. "I myself am just doing a bit of thinking, my mind needs settling." He murmered, but did not elaborate.

He was sure his story of abandonment and then finding the one he'd abandoned only to learn he had new responsabilities could prove to be an interesting one. But he did not feel like speaking of it, nor did he want the other to think him such a scummy fellow. Even though Trep thought himself a bit scummy, to say the least, he did not really want others thinking it as well.

Cihiru
Ti'ran noted the way the stallion glanced away with a slightly raised brow. Staring may have been socially impolite, but he liked to look at others while they were conversing. He might have mentioned it usually, but Intrepid's apparent discomfort made him refrain.

"Setlling is accomplished through action, not just thinking." Pondering what-if's and could-be's accomplished only so much. They could form a course of action, but could not undo the past nor weave the future. "Is it because you are not sure what to do?" Granted, he knew it wasn't any of his buisness. He was also very aware he wasn't in a position to be prodding, as this was someone he'd only just met. But he did seem troubled, and who knew, maybe there was something he could do to help.

Lethrossen
He glanced to Ti'ran's eyes for a moment, before turning and nodding. "Would you like to continue your walk? I should be returning back this way anyhow.." The other had seemed to be going in that direction, but Trep could be mistaken.

Now there was the matter of answering the other. It was almost nice to talk about it with someone else, even if they had no clue what it actually was. But what the other stallion said seemed very smart, action and thought together settled things, not just thought or blind action.

"Oh no, I have chosen what to do. I am just.. I know it was the right thing to do, but my actions prior to it were rather horrid. And I am trying to ease my mind." But part of him knew trying to do something just because it would make one less guilty.. did not work in the slightest. "I have hurt someone, someone who was not very dear to me.. but I think she had it in her mind i was dear to her. I am just trying to make up for it.." He sighed. He shouldn't be sharing any of this, it would probably back fire.

But again, it was nice to say his thoughts out loud for a little bit. Even if they were a bit mixed up and cut off here and there.

Cihiru
"It's no matter." He wasn't particularly sure what direction he was headed anyhow. At this point, it was all the same - away. Away from his home, family, and friends (few though they were). What difference did it make?

He did like to think of himself as wise, even if at times he did throw tact to the wind. Truth was truth, and fact was fact, regardless of how 'fluffily' one said it.

"Your mind should be eased by the knowledge what you are doing now is right." Guilt was an obstinant burden, he knew that. He did not, however, know much of the complications in relationships and false love. That was a whole new world to him; something he wasn't sure he wanted to touch with a stick.

"Have you apologized to her?" Ti'ran never had been one for regrets and sorries, but perhaps there was a time and place for everything. "And told her your current intentions?" One could only hope his word still held a grain of salt with her; if not, he wasn't sure how much Intrepid could really do.

Lethrossen
"Yes, I apologized." He murmered, walking slowly. Though that had been no matter, she'd then asked him to apologize to two baskets. Baskets containing life they'd made together. Though life had not been Intrepids intention.

Gah, he hadn't told her his current intensions, has he? "I still have to work out how to word that to her." He murmered, tail flicking as a light breeze came passed and ruffled at his fur. "It will take a long time.. to fix what i've done." Maybe it would never be fully fixed, either. Maybe there would always be a crack on the surface, proof that the one time beauty was now ruined, even if only a little.

But he was feeling sorry for himself still, and that was wrong. He had to get passed those feelings before he could feel sorry for Rikka, sorry for the nameless two. And then he could move on to fixing what he'd done.

Cihiru
"You keep saying you want to make it up to her - to make her forgive your mistakes." Ti'ran willed his cloven hooves to move forward, carrying a slow plod as he pondered the other's situation. "Make sure it is her interests you have in mind." He was making assumptions again - that had come back to bite him a time or two in the past. He just couldn't help himself; at times it seemed logical to do so.

After all, if one was given only so much information, did he not have to read between the lines? Yes, he did, the stallion assured himself. He had to make sense with limited knowledge. "Tell her what is on your mind; you don't have to plan, nor make it perfect." The ebony equine 'hmm'ed inwardly, absorbing the thoughts the gears in his mind fed him as they turned. "If she cares for you as you think she does, she will know what you mean."

Or at least, that's what it sounded like to him. He hoped, if Intrepid did choose to heed his not-so-experienced advice, it would work out in the manner his thoughts seemed to think it would.

Lethrossen
Ah see? There he went again, showing just how bad he could be. Well, not just as bad. But he was keeping his own interests at heart. He was a very selfish creature, but he was trying to give that up. Maybe, a little.

"Ah, thank you. Perhaps I should do as you say." Inexperience but still very good advice, and Trep did not know the other was inexperienced about such right then. Actually, Ti'ran was reading between the lines and assuming left out facts rather well.

"I am truly sorry, I have been droning on and on. I am sure you do not want to hear of this." He gave a half-forced chuckle, glancing sideways to his night time companion. Such a strange creature to Trep. "I'm sure you'd rather speak of other things." And if he wouldn't then Intrepid would just have to change the subject, because he was tiring of speaking about his personal life right then. Well, speaking about as much as he'd let out.

Cihiru
His ramblngs had been accepted rather well; it was his cue to buckle up and hope for the best. He'd done a decent job in the past, rarely pointing others in the wrong direction. But, well, one could never be sure. Life did have a rather large bag of surprises.

"Good luck," he offered rather earnestly. From the sound of things, he might need it. Ti'ran did know of the unbridled fury some mares seemed to carry with them; for all he knew, she might be one of those.

"I wouldn't say that." Droning was sometimes redundant and unimportant, and always uninteresting. Intrepid's ramblings had been none of these, and the unicorn was hardly bothered. Besides, it was something he could write down to the books of past experiences, free for future reference should he need it. "I have nothing else to speak of, as I'd rather not describe every brook and tree I've encountered in the last three days."

There wasn't much for him to discuss except that. He'd had no interaction to reflect on, no riveting tales of adventure. It was just him, the landscape, and everything he left behind. - Something he wasn't too keen on discussing right now. It hadn't occured to him he was something to talk about, and unicorns were a topic of interest.

Lethrossen
Well he was glad he could entertain the other with his troubles, if only for a bit. "Ah, so you are traveling." Not so much of a question as it was an assumption. Three days since he'd come from some place. What Trep was really curious about though was...

"I do not mean to sound rude.. but where you come from, are there many others with a horn and tail such as your own?" He glanced sideways at the other, his tone light and curious. Well it was something to talk about, was it not?

Trep was actually enjoying this company, for the time being. He hoped his question was not off-putting, though.

Cihiru
"I suppose you could call it that." At this point, Ti'ran was not certain if it was traveling or leaving. Either seemed possabilities at that moment. But time would show him soon enough; it always did.

"Where I come from, 'horns and tails like mine' are typical. To not have them is... unusual and unfavored." Well, the unfavored part could have stood to go without saying. Ti'ran wasn't one to pay heed to things like that though. "Are you implying the opposite is true here?" That was an unexpected conclusion; he would not have figured the world beyond the mountains to be devoid of his kind.

Life did have a rather large bag of surprises though, he reminded. Unpredictable was exciting and interesting; he was fairly certain he wouldn't have it any ot her way.

Lethrossen
Intrepid nodded thoughtfully. So that ment it might not have been fully traveling. Oh well, nothing would come from thinking on it, would it?

"Unfavored?" He questioned, only half realizing he was asking this out loud. Why would something like that be unfavored... Just because where Ti'ran came from they all had horns and 'odd' tails... or because to not have them ment something else entirely?

"Ah yes, it is very rare indeed. At least, I think it so. I have never met another with a horn or a tail such as yours. The strangest thing I have seen before you..." He cut off, realizing how rude that was. He coughed and shook his head a little uneasily. "Excuse me. The thing most out of the norm around here i've seen of late was a mare with wings, and that seems only special in these parts." Meaning it wasn't so rare, even if he'd only met one. He had seen others, perhaps heard tidbits of them.

Cihiru
He should have expected an inquiry. "Unfavored," Ti'ran repeated. Why, however, wasn't something he'd ever really pondered on. It was a 'social norm' one grew to expect and accepted as something that just was. "A fear of the abnormal, maybe. Or a desire for conformity. I am not sure why." He had heard legends about the unicorns; stories of their horns possessing the power to heal, or other such unworldly properties. As far as he knew though, it was nothing special.

Or was it? "None at all?" Well, just because this single individual had never met any did not mean they didn't exist. It was a small sample from a whole world of others. But, maybe it was unusual after all. And 'strange'... The word made him laugh inwardly, but it did not disturb his lack of expression.

"I have heard of the wind children, too." He saw them from time to time as well, for they sometimes ventured over his valley home. It wasn't entirely unheard of for them to land and interact either, so to him, winged Soquilis were in fact more 'normal' than those from neither type. "Then it sounds like I am rather strange, indeed."

To Be Continued...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:26 am
It wasn't that she didn't want his help, it was the fact she didn't know if she could trust him enough to help look after the baskets. "Aren't you going to come see them?" She peered back to him, her tail flicking idlely behind her as she sniffed the brown snowflake baskets. Intrepid's coloring, and Rikka's markings is what the basket looked like, if you couldn't see it. The mostly blue was almost the exact opposite, Rikka's colors with Trep's markings.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:33 am
"Yes.. well..." Yes, he wanted to come see them. "If you let me, that is." He murmered. "I.." Okay trep, deep breath. As much as he hated kids... "I want to help you raise them and provide for you and they..." This was hard, and uncomfortable. How had he gotten himself into this mess?

What else could he tell her, that he wanted to tell her? That she was different than all of the mares he'd done this to? That he hasn't ever tried to even check on them and that she should feel better that he'd come to find her after doing this? No, certainly not. That would probably make her more upset with him. "I want to make this up to you." He said, softly.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff