Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Ephemeral Skies (3.5; Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:45 pm
Knowing my luck no one is on to answer, but is there another class/prestige class that offers a flying mount? All I can find are Dragonrider and Skylord, and I was wondering if there was any more.  
Slave Xaccheus rolled 6 8-sided dice: 6, 7, 7, 4, 2, 6 Total: 32 (6-48)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:59 am
((Rolling health...))  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:05 am
BEHOLD!!! Yasakura, the Monkey Pirate!! BOOYAH!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:28 am
Alzzak
Knowing my luck no one is on to answer, but is there another class/prestige class that offers a flying mount? All I can find are Dragonrider and Skylord, and I was wondering if there was any more.

If you're medium, you could always aim for a Druid level -3 Dire Bat. Easiest way to pick one up is through Druid, Ranger, or Beast Master (Complete Adventurer). Natural Bond from CV is a great way to boost up the ranger or beast master's animal companion options.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:29 am
jennibert
Raganui Minamoto
Thinking on it...

Hey Sakura, in this setting, would a Dread Pirate need swim, since it's all airships?

I second this! I'd much rather have a skill that was useful in the campaign....

I'm going to say for the Dread Airship Pirate prestige class, replace Swim ranks with Use Magic Device ranks.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:47 am
Disciple of Sakura
jennibert
Raganui Minamoto
Thinking on it...

Hey Sakura, in this setting, would a Dread Pirate need swim, since it's all airships?

I'm going to say for the Dread Airship Pirate prestige class, replace Swim ranks with Use Magic Device ranks.

Ow, a non-class skill for me. No Dread Pirating for me then, at least via PrC.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:01 am
Dread Pirate isn't so great anyhow. It's all about forcing reknown mechanics onto a game that doesn't suit them well(since the point of being a dread pirate is the whole dread aspect) You'd be just as well suited sticking with straight rogue or bard levels and trying to max your intimidate.

Introducing! Buck Spanser, shifter psychic warrior//swordmage! Picture coming soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:34 pm
Another question: How do you plan on dealing with the Crusader being granted random maneuvers? Will you tell the PC what maneuver they get every round? Also, would you accept the Cloistered Cleric class variant from Unearthed Arcana?

Yes, I am considering a Cleric//Crusader combo. In which case I would also like to ask how you'd handle a Ruby Knight Vindicator. If I take levels of it on the crusader side, can I simply ignore the spellcasting increases from RKV and just level cleric spellcasting normally on the cleric side? Or is it just a case of "RKV is a hybrid class so forget it" (In which case I'll just take levels of Sacred Exorcist Bone Knight or something on the cleric side).  

Shay Straylight

Invisible Genius

7,800 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:40 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Alzzak

If you're medium, you could always aim for a Druid level -3 Dire Bat. Easiest way to pick one up is through Druid, Ranger, or Beast Master (Complete Adventurer). Natural Bond from CV is a great way to boost up the ranger or beast master's animal companion options.

I knew of that options, and I was going to use them in fact, I was just looking for more mount based prestige classes that I could use to add some flavor to my character and add to my mounts stats(like speed, armor, ability scores, etc), but if that is my only option.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:35 pm
Alzzak
Disciple of Sakura
Alzzak

I knew of that options, and I was going to use them in fact, I was just looking for more mount based prestige classes that I could use to add some flavor to my character and add to my mounts stats(like speed, armor, ability scores, etc), but if that is my only option.

Off the top of my mind there aren't many PrC's that give you flying mounts. Two that come to mind are from the Forgotten Realms. Sadly both technically require 'Region' feats.
-Knight of Flying Hunt [Champions of Valor]: Gain a Pegasus mount
-Aglarondan Griffonrider [Unapproachable East]: Gain a Griffon mount.
Currently looking for more PrC's but most are either in supplement books (ex: Masters of the Wild), or older editions (which I believe the two I gave are technically 3.0 anyways...)  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Xboxplayerj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:18 pm
After much thought and stuff, mostly me being bored, I have an idea in mind just one question. Can we take two prestige classes at the same time? I know the rules say no, but you are limiting the possibilities we have with forcing us to only go with monk or Nine swords classes.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:30 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Disciple of Sakura
jennibert
Raganui Minamoto
Thinking on it...

Why not see about the Legendary Captain PrC from Stormwrack?  

Xboxplayerj

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:19 pm
Don't have Stormwrack  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:30 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Disciple of Sakura
jennibert
Raganui Minamoto
Thinking on it...

Well, there's always cross class skill ranks...  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:32 pm
Shay Straylight
Another question: How do you plan on dealing with the Crusader being granted random maneuvers? Will you tell the PC what maneuver they get every round? Also, would you accept the Cloistered Cleric class variant from Unearthed Arcana?

Yes, I am considering a Cleric//Crusader combo. In which case I would also like to ask how you'd handle a Ruby Knight Vindicator. If I take levels of it on the crusader side, can I simply ignore the spellcasting increases from RKV and just level cleric spellcasting normally on the cleric side? Or is it just a case of "RKV is a hybrid class so forget it" (In which case I'll just take levels of Sacred Exorcist Bone Knight or something on the cleric side).

Yeah, I'll deal you your Crusader maneuvers every round. And I'd allow your Cloistered Cleric, because I like the class a lot.

I'd also allow RKV to progress Crusader without casting progression. Because I like that class, too, and I don't think it'd be overpowered or anything at all...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff