Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
(D&D Adapted 3e/3.5e) The Greatest Evil... (Running!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 1, 3, 1, 3, 5, 6, 1, 4, 3, 5 Total: 39 (12-72)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:44 pm
Might as well give a shot at stats before I just live with 32 point buy...  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 4, 6, 2, 2, 5, 1, 3, 4, 4, 3, 3 Total: 41 (12-72)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:46 pm
Stats part two.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 3, 2, 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 5, 5, 4, 6, 1 Total: 39 (12-72)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:48 pm
Well, I'll stick with point buy, but we'll see how the cohort does...  
Disciple of Sakura rolled 12 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 2, 6, 6, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 6 Total: 40 (12-72)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm
Stats 4-6.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Disciple of Sakura rolled 8 6-sided dice: 5, 4, 2, 4, 3, 6, 5, 2 Total: 31 (8-48)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm
Rerolling my two below 10s.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm
iPedo
Eternality_Cannon
Yeah, I'd say you should convert it as best you can. I'd also like to know a good analogy to draw for it based on weapon proficiencies.

Base class is cleric, the prestige class would get Weapon Group (Firearms), assuming you're allowing basic guns in your game.
Also, at later levels gains the ability to create bombs.
(See info on Renaissance Weapons on pgs 144-145 of the DMG)

We are using firearms; due to the sheer number of them on D&D Wiki, I'm giving them their own weapon-group as opposed to one feat= all of them. I guess I should add that in. Bayonets are considered light blades.  

Slave Xaccheus

Disciple of Sakura rolled 7 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 2, 5, 4, 5, 1 Total: 22 (7-42)

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:30 pm
Cohort HP.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:33 pm
Jacior
Here is my Character and his Cohort!

Ilo

Alexander

I still need the Weapon Group Proficiencies for both of them. Fighters have four available groups, clerics have two. Both still have Basic Weapons automatically.  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:40 pm
Please explain these mysterious, "weapon groups."

EDIT: I found it!!

EDIT EDIT: What would morningstars count under?

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Ok they're fixed  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:50 pm
Background needs to be written down, but I do have the stat blocks completed for my character and her cohort:
Kimi Ginryu and her sister Chizue Ginryu. The other followers are all of 8th level human characters - I will be dividing them equally between retainers (4 1st level fighters with max ranks in Craft: Armorsmithing and Craft: Weaponsmithing) and acolytes (4 1st level cloistered clerics with Cooperative Spell and Sudden Extend as their two feats). They travel with, but avoid combat unless pressed.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Drugged Lolli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 pm
Jacior

I'd say Maces and Clubs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:30 am
iPedo
Jacior

I'd say Maces and Clubs.

Yeah, that's what makes the most sense.

I just added another section to the front page that should clear up most questions.  

Slave Xaccheus

Jacior

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:45 pm
Ok now they are all fixed, or should be at least.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:00 pm
Room for one more?  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:37 pm
Truthfully I had no intention of using firearms. Might use smokepower (like gun powder in the Forgotten Realms) for explosives. As for the weapon groups, Cleric for Simple weapons, Metal domain (given as an extra due to 3rd level of Techsmith) gives Martial Weapon Proficiency or Exotic Weapon Proficiency (as appropriate) and Weapon Focus with my choice of either a hammer or warhammer as bonus feats.

Also, I was thinking about something more interesting... There are weapon enhancements called Morphing and Sizing, and was wondering if I put them on a improvised weapon like a wrench that I could morph it into other things like a screwdriver, and actual weapons like hammers and maces. Since the improvised weapons are still considered weapons, I figured that it would make sense to be able to use these enchantments.

Morphing: +1
You can reshape a morphing weapon into any other melee or thrown weapon of the same size and type (light, one-handed, or two-handed). For instance, a morphing greatsword could become a spear, greataxe, or dire flail.
If a single weapon created with the morphing property becomes a double weapon, only one end of the double weapon retains the weapon's magical bonus, although the other end is masterwork. If a double weapon created with the morphing property becomes a single weapon, it can have the properties of either end of the original double weapon. The properties of the other end are dormant but not lost; they become active again when the morphing weapon once again becomes a double weapon.

Sizing: +5,000gp
Activating a sizing weapon changes its size category to any other that you desire. (From a Small-sized weapon to a Large-sized weapon for example)  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff