Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Dragon Age Game: Recruitment 6/6 FULL! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:55 pm
but half-dwarves do, weird!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm
Well technically, the pre-werewolf humans... forced... relations with the Dalish Keeper's wife, and she became with-child. If she had gone through with the birth, it would have been a half-elf...  

iDragow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm
NayrVentess
Right, it seems we are only waiting on Rhaegar to make a character now, I'll give him a day or two before I PM him. Also only half of you seem to have done backgrounds. Like I said in the first post, I want a decent sized background from everyone, and for them to think about how they fit in the world and why they became a Warden; whether it was by choice or because Soveliss conscripted you or whatever. Doing this background isn't going to get you EXP. because its not optional, but having a good background will have benefits that will crop up in game as we play.
Even from the guy who hasn't played the game ><
I'd have to fully read out wiki's and immerse myself in the lore to do that><

Such a pain in the a** ><

I'll work on it later, right now I have some higher priority stuff. -Sigh-

So I just google dragon age I'm assuming.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am
Somebody posted a good wiki in the first or second page of the thread. Just look up the page on Gray Wardens and that should link to everything else pertinent about the game.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:04 am
iDragow
Well technically, the pre-werewolf humans... forced... relations with the Dalish Keeper's wife, and she became with-child. If she had gone through with the birth, it would have been a half-elf...

No because when an elf and a human have a child, the child is human smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:05 am
Insanity Logic
NayrVentess
Right, it seems we are only waiting on Rhaegar to make a character now, I'll give him a day or two before I PM him. Also only half of you seem to have done backgrounds. Like I said in the first post, I want a decent sized background from everyone, and for them to think about how they fit in the world and why they became a Warden; whether it was by choice or because Soveliss conscripted you or whatever. Doing this background isn't going to get you EXP. because its not optional, but having a good background will have benefits that will crop up in game as we play.

I kinda said about the whole background thing in the first post, if you didn't want to go and have a look at some lore stuff, you shouldn't have said you'll play stressed  

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:26 am
NayrVentess
Insanity Logic
NayrVentess

I kinda said about the whole background thing in the first post, if you didn't want to go and have a look at some lore stuff, you shouldn't have said you'll play stressed

I figured I could get away with a cheap background.

As in, I was say raised in a poor community, learned my thieving skills in said area by growing up. Baddies came, my people fled or tried to fight. I did a bit o both, and then eventually went on to take a more active part in the offense.

That's where I learned my combat skills, then say... met the gray warden guy while battling or something. Maybe he was just saving us, and he saw me helping some people out.

And he saw potential, and I was attracted by his awesomeness. So then he approached me, or I approached him. I learned to fight alongside him a bit while defending people.

He recruited me, I had no reason to not go, and ta da.. I ish Gray Warden Recruit >.>

I'll go and work on it after school.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 am
Wow, not one dwarf? If we didn't need a healer I'd be one haha.  

Rhaegar14

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm
Hello, warlord here! <---ish healer  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:20 am
NayrVentess
iDragow

No because when an elf and a human have a child, the child is human smile

Are you sure? I would have thought it'd be elven, since Zevran said he's not sure who his father is, since his mother was a prostitute. He thought it was the elven woodcutter, but wasn't positive.

Anyway, it was a mere technicality, since I'm interested to see how the new Hunter Ranger build plays. Sounds interesting, unless something bad happens, as it usually does.

Oh, and as for the gods section, a dwarf should follow the Undying Court, or whatever, to represent their ancestral worship. Or the god of the Earth to represent The Stone. 3nodding  

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:50 am
@Rhaegar - I would suggest being a leader yeah, since with a group of 7 PC's you'll probably need more than 1 ^^

@Insanity - Yeah that sounds good, just put a version of that on your character sheet on TangledWeb/Mythweavers

@iDragow - Yeah, the Dwarves revere the stone and their Paragons, so no God really. It explains about the elf human thing in David Gaider's prequel novel, The Calling. If your interested in the backstory of Dragon Age: Origins, read The Stolen Throne and The Calling, they are both very good. The first one explains how Maric (Cailan and Alistair's father, and King of Ferelden) met Loghain and took back Ferelden from the Orlesians. The novel made me love Loghain as a character rather than think he was just a dickhead, it explains his motivations and stuff. And then in The Calling, it explains the no half elf thing, small spoiler here: Despite what people, and the Codex say in Origins, Alistair is the son of Maric, and an Elven Orlesian Grey Warden called Fiona, not the maid in Redcliffe as he thinks. When Fiona brings Maric his new born son, he is a normal human and Fiona explains that is why Elves keep to themselves, because if they constantly bred with humans, they would die out. Maric then sends the boy, Alistair, to live in Redcliffe. As I said, both good books, worth a read.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:42 am
I might have to, I find the world of the game interesting. Right now I'm having trouble with the Archdemon (stupid dragon... stare ), and it makes me angry. So I have to keep putting the game down and doing something else.  

iDragow

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:12 am
iDragow
I might have to, I find the world of the game interesting. Right now I'm having trouble with the Archdemon (stupid dragon... stare ), and it makes me angry. So I have to keep putting the game down and doing something else.

Yeah man, the Archdemon is a b***h to be sure, but don't feel bad about whacking the difficulty to Casual, I had to do that the first time stressed it was annoying to try like four times in a row and fail near the end, so I had to put it down to Casual to stop from flinging my controller at the tv ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 am
*Makes crying noises like Will Ferral.* IM IN AN EMOTIONAL BOX! OF GLASSS! THE BAD MAN! THE BAD MAN HE MADE A DRAGON AGE GAME WITH OUT ME! crying !

Seriously It's sad I wish I had noticed this back when it was first being put together because I know dragon age atleast from the game. Silly amounts of well. Like I prolly shouldn't of spent that amount of time on the game like that when it first came out... but I did... I shouldn't be able to argue the guide books into being wrong. Buuuuuuyt I do it anyways.

I blame jesus, budha, hitler, and your mom for this. (My playing dragon age too much. This array of people are also known as the merchants of death.)  

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:50 am
Reading Wiki now for dragon age.

Will update my character sheet.

So when are we going to start this game, I'm just curious.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff