Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Gamingguru's game recruiting... got 5 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archfiend Damio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 am
Blue characters possess the following racial traits:
-- –2 Strength, +2 Intelligence, –2 Charisma.
-- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
-- Blue base land speed is 30 feet.
-- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
-- Naturally Psionic: Blues gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level.
-- Racial Skills: A blue character has a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks and Ride checks.
-- Automatic Languages: Common, Goblin.
-- Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc.
-- Favored Class: Psion.
-- Level Adjustment: +1.

Not sure where you are looking up your Blue stats there but this is what they get. So if you wanted to play one you could drop your LA all together and start the game a ECL 4 (having 4 class levels).  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:53 pm
I was usong the Psionics handbook. According to that book, they actually had no given level adjustment, and they used three free powers: Far Hand, Charm Person, and Finger of Fire cast as an eighth-level psion. The information I have was as follows:

Small Size, wit all those benefits and drawbacks.
SQ: Darkvision 60ft, Psionics (mentioned above)
Ability adjustments: -2 Str, +2 Int, +4 Wis, and -2 Cha.
Favored Class: Psion
+4 bonus on move silently checks
Automatic Languages: Goblin and Common
Level Adjustment (cross-referenced from Savage Species): +2, to account for the use of psionics.

The initial Blues as Characters table simply was:

A blue's favored class is psion.  

Slave Xaccheus

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:55 pm
Maybe I'm using a different edition compared to this one... My books range from 3rd to 3.5, so yeah.. I kinda use my own, really...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:08 pm
Thinking about a few flaws. But I want to double check with the DM before assuming that I can take them.

Gynephobia, Hopeless Collecter, or Curious.  

Yurro

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:16 pm
The Psionics Handbook is 3.0. You need the Expanded Psionics Handbook, which is a 3.5 book and significantly better in quality and balance.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm
If there's still room, I'd be interested in trying out Akai Rosered. Gotta put together the background, but the stats are all there and intact.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 pm
Disciple of Sakura
The Psionics Handbook is 3.0. You need the Expanded Psionics Handbook, which is a 3.5 book and significantly better in quality and balance.

Alright, give me enough money, and I'll do it. It shouldn't really matter, since at least I've still got enough sense to adjust the levels and all that to incorporate this stuff into the game. I'd say at least a third of my books are 3.0, with the rest being god-knows-what.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:24 pm
Srd 3.5

First off calm down, no one here is an enemy(yet). Second, in truth it does matter, Half of the rules was changed when Wizards of the coast made 3.5. You may get a dm to allow something form 3.0 but it is unlikely. One thing Wizards did do right is allow the creation of Srd's (System Reference Documents). It isn't the complete core books but it has allot of info in it that would help eaz the confusion.  

glitterboypilot

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:01 pm
I am calm. Sorry if I came off as angry/mean/whatever. I get all my books used, and I'm glad I get what I needed. The two books that really matter are 3.5 (DM's Guide and Player's Handbook) and a good chunk of the other stuff is, too. The only ones I know of that are 3.0 are Oriental Adventures, The Arms and Equipment Guide, Psionics Handbook, and I think Monster Manual 2. So, the only big part is the PH and MM2. The other two I only take trace elements from.

This being established, it might be interesting to try and blend the two types together. At least I'm not trying to blend the original rules with 4e.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:07 pm
As an avid psionics fan, I highly recommend stepping away from the Psionics Handbook and never looking at it again - it's widely regarded, even by the pro-psionics community, as a natural one in physical form. The 3.5 Expanded Psionics Handbook (XPH) is a thing of elegance, though.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:38 pm
I'll make a compromise: I won't use the PH on this site. But, since it's a dumb idea not to use something I spent good money on, I'm stil going to bring it with me to campaigns I go on.

Anyway, since the Blue is also out of the question...

Does a Changeling sound alright to anyone? They're a degenerate of Doppelgangers described in Monster Manual 3, which I know for certain I purchased as a 3.5 edition. They have a level adjustment of +0, and one hit die. The only thing that makes them different from the standard races is their ability to pop a disguise self ability out at will as a full-round action. Ideal rogue, illusionist wizard, or urban ranger, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:41 am
Changelings don't have any racial hit dice, actually. At least, not in Eberron, where they first appeared. They're a fun race. I think we may already have one, actually. *Looks back over linkified character sheets.*

But Blues aren't out of the question. Just not 3.0 Psionics Handbook Blues. They were updated to 3.5's ruleset in the Expanded Psionics Handbook, which you can also find the vast majority of the rules for at d20srd.org in the psionics section. Here is the straight up entry in the SRD, FWIW. The LA is often regarded as being unnecessary, but I suspect you'd have to suck it up anyway if you did play one. Again, they have no racial hit dice either.  

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:12 am
Okay... I read the blue thing, but I'm having second thoughts...

How about an Earth Dwarf Fighter? It's a simple idea, and we've got the site that gives it to us. (I used that a lot, too, but only for the deities and what not. I thought the psionics and stuff was the same as what I had.) I'm pretty good at using dwarves anyway. I just wanted to try and use something with special powers.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:35 am
Looks like were full up, i have 5 characters posted and that makes 6 players. please make sure they are complete and post them in the character thread of the guild.

The Jester of Equilibrium
Rock_DS
Yurro
Disciple of Sakura
Anatarei Crimsonthrone  

gamingguru

gamingguru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:38 am
Yurro
Thinking about a few flaws. But I want to double check with the DM before assuming that I can take them.

Gynephobia, Hopeless Collecter, or Curious.

the only one of those i would allow is curious  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces