Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Team Snagem HQ (Mt. Silver) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:01 pm
It had taken a moment after his mild....snap due to Sub spontaneously channeling so soon after their return from whatever mission they had gone out on, but Reno was finally catching up on what exactly had happened. And it took only a few seconds to figure out why things had gone badly enough to instigate Sub like this. The morons had gone galivanting into Sinnoh without a single care in the world towards the fact they had never agreed to Snagem having jurisdiction within their border. He barely had to read the rest to know what had resulted. Of course they had antagonized the authorities within Sinnoh the second they came across them. Telling Sub no was the quickest way to make him do anything, and usually do it in the most slapdash way simply to respond quickly.

Not that Reno needed this incident to tell him that. He could still clearly remember Sub deciding to shortcut any tactics or needed effort to be creative with their application of abilities, instead deciding that supercharging everyone with an unwanted dose of vile energy directly to their system to let the majority simply brute force past any issues they had during their showdown. While he had managed to repel it at the time, he could only thank distance and familiarity with the stuff for how he managed it. While it had managed to end well, the results of an action shouldn't be the only thing considered. Reno had nearly ruined half of HQ and the people within multiple times simply because of the same devil may care, free reign above all attitude leading him to taking dangerous courses of action in gaining power and improving his technique. That meteorite and his own mental demons were both settled now and had led him to being the powerful Channeler he was now, but that didn't make any of it good simply because it had good results.

Sub needed some constraints to actually have things function like he wanted. The free wheeling and illegal operation days were over. They were known entities and a recognized organization, not Sub's gremlin insurgency to run roughshod over whatever delicate situation they discovered. It was time to actually act like an official organization with some structure and rules they followed beyond 'Muck around wherever our leader's fancy has landed this particular week'. Any more incidents like this and the entire agreement was liable to be put into question if one of the main parties to it wasn't following half of the edicts contained within it.

.......the fact this would help give Reno control over Sub to prevent any other outbursts like what had just happened in the training room was pure coincidence.

Well, it was time to flex this new approach and see how long it would take Sub to balk at any constraint. Walking out into the halls of the base, Reno would begin to shout. He wanted to try and make this somewhat public. No telling what Sub might do in a more private setting. "SUB!!! SUB, GET OUT HERE NOW!!! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO IN SINNOH!?!? BECAUSE WE'VE GOT ABOUT FIVE DIFFERENT MESSAGES FROM EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN THE INDIGO ACCORDS WITH SOME SERIOUS QUESTIONS!!!" Reno bellowed, his voice echoing as loudly as his leg as he stomped his way towards the main area of the base.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 2:57 pm
Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Sub would fold his arms and scratch his chin in thought as he considered what to do about this kid. Sure, he popped up out of nowhere and apparently murdered some people but not only did Ulla vouch for him, as Leon pointed out, but the Dark One himself had let in worse people before and helped reform them. With a sigh he unfolded his arms and then spoke. "He can stay. Keep an eye on him though, Leon. As for his apparent latent Psychic Channeling powers I-" Before he could finish that sentence...

Reno Vantas

Reno shouted at him, his foot steps very audible even from this distance as he was clearly stomping, and angry. If he didn't hear what Reno was shouting he would already know what his problem was. "Looks like I have more than one Psychic to deal with today..." He said, rubbing the bridge of his nose. That's when he had an idea.

Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

"...I'll train the boy in Channeling, at least until I feel like he is ready to send off to the Mirage Island to be properly trained by Grand Master Maya." He said, hearing Reno approaching quickly. "Maybe I can get it right this time." He thought to himself as he listened to Reno's approach.

Reno Vantas

Before Reno got any closer Sub scurried off and would meet him in the hallway where the two would be alone. Already he could see Reno was hot by the look on his face. "So, Sinnoh." Was the first thing he said to Reno.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 3:10 pm
Atlantis_Darts

Requiem of Whyspers

Doc would perk up, out of a bit of surprise. With seemingly a million things to contend with, he hadn't realized that she even hadn't ate at all. "......I might need to get that help sooner than later." Doc said, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. "Apologies...uh...hold on. Orderly?" Doc would call out to the back. "The Orderly would peek his head now out of one of the rooms. "...oh dear, um...you're sterilizing aren't you?"

"Machaa."

"Yea, that wouldn't be the best idea for you to stop then. Hooo." He looked back towards Clare and Darts. "Okay, look, considering that she isn't in dire straights as far as I can at least assess, then she's free to go to the kitchen and help herself." Doc said to the two of them. "I'll keep looking into any leads I can find about you when I can, Clare."  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:03 pm
“Haha, what I mean is that there’s always a group that calls themselves Snagem in each of the realities, and… Yeah, there’s always been someone like Sub in the leader role, at least to start,” the hybrid replied to Clara with a smile on her face. There was no trace on her face, or in her voice, that Clara had even done anything untoward to Crystal. “A lot of the core members are the same, too, but there’s always some variance otherwise. The forming of Snagem is a… I suppose a pseudo fixed event. Team Snagem always forms, but the events surrounding its formation is never quite the same in each reality.” Crystal would then walk over and give the young woman a large side hug, trying to comfort her. “Hey, relax. On my end, at least, I’ve got experience now to equal… half a millenium now, or close to it when you add in my life before Ultra Space. There’s only a handful of subjects that could her me completely riled up angry.”

“I mean, color me surprised that you went catty like that, but I’m not really upset, Clara,” Aile would also reply. “I mean, it’s not like you accused her of anything horrible. Maybe the fact she might need more tact, but other than that…”

The lioness shrugged. “For four hundred and some odd number of years, I wound up meeting people that I learned I wouldn’t be staying around for a massively extended period of time. I started falling into a habit of just saying things without having too much of a worry of what people thought. I probably wouldn’t see them again, so… Yeah.” The hybrid shrugged again, this time a bit more sheepishly. Then, the lot there would hear Reno yelling through HQ. “Uh… Aile? You were there, right,” she’d ask the redhead, who ran a hand through her hair.

“Oh, that’s a glorious can of trouble that’s been opened. Apparently, it’s not a one-time accident sort of thing that’ll blow over, either…” Aile faceplanted on the table after that, letting out a loud, aggravated sigh. “F—.”

“Ooooh, drama. This might be good. Where’s the chips?”

“Apolla!”

“I am getting more and more convinced you really are my Crystal…” The Espeon rolled her eyes, flicking her forked tail around. “Seriously, though, where are the chips? I want a snack while listening to this.”

“Light…”  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:32 pm
"Yeah, Sinnoh." Reno shot back, immediately squaring up with the Snagem leader. While not ideal for what he wanted with this confrontation, he knew at least some of the nosier members would've heard him as he made his way to find Sub. "Now, do you want to explain what exactly inspired this approach, Sub? Because, near as I can gather, you grabbed a random assortment of people, flagrantly trespassed in a location we aren't sanctioned for, and made sure that any effort to diplomatically claim this as a one time accident was thoroughly shot down all because you still wanna operate as Team Snagem: World Police."

Giving a few taps on his arm, a small display with messages from the other signatories of the Indigo Accords would flash up. It would appear that Sinnoh's interpretation of events ranged closer to invasion by foreign mercenaries if some of the messages were to be believed, apparently having taken deep offense to Snagem's appearance to help them. "While some of this is for certain hyperbole, it has the very familiar ring of 'Sub made a decision and come hell or high water, he will do the thing, consequences be damned'. We signed an agreement to acknowledge us as an autonomous entity with the ability to operate within the lands of those nations within the agreement. We have to abide by the damned thing, Sub, not simply toss it out the window the nanosecond it vaguely gets in the way of us enforcing our particular way of viewing the world on everyone."  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 5:57 pm
Sub stood there and listened to Reno, a blank stare on his face. The only real expression he showed was when saw the messages pop up and begun to read them the best he could. They didn't bother him, in fact he found some of them almost amusing, rolling his eyes at one of them. Turning his attention back to Reno he stared awhile longer and waited for the man to finish talking.

"In my defense I was not aware of Sinnoh's standing on the matter until after we moved to contain the Shadow Pokemon. If I were being paranoid I would say it was almost like they delayed relaying notification on purpose." He shrugged. "You can get onto me all you want about being brash and doing whatever I want but I would like to point out when confronted I backed down. The police showed up and we left, leaving behind the Shadow Pokemon in spite of the fact that the thing was rampaging freely for half an hour until they showed up and it only stopped because of us." The man stressed.

"But I know, I know. That doesn't matter. All that matters is what that document says. I'm going to try my best to stick by it, hell I hate myself for leaving that Shadow Kricketune behind when I'm unsure they even know what to do with it. But I did, because I'm trying. Do I regret what we did in spite of us getting in trouble? No, I do not. We saved people and Pokemon. Will I cease operations in Sinnoh? Yes. But I'll say this, if it comes down to either obeying that document or sitting back and watching someone get hurt? Then to hell with the accords. So while I'm backing off and getting back in line with the accords they need to get themselves together and protect their citizens better." Sub said, indignation in his tone.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:09 pm
Reno would roll his eyes at the petty indignation Sub was throwing back. Of course any pushback against his way in any capacity was seen as courting doomsday for Sinnoh. "You really took your time to read you what signed, huh? The thing stated clearly that Snagem was barred from operating on non-signatory land. And proclaiming yourself as having been some savior who just calmly handed everything off to the local authorities the second you got called on it is laughable, given Snagem drove the Kriketune into the city before any action could be taken by Sinnoh and left with all the dignity of an embittered ex being shot down yet again. Don't think I missed Abby, Aria, and you all leaving with the cattiest remarks you could muster." Reno derisively shot back, tapping his right foot and letting the ringing sound of metal on metal echo out down the halls.

"But you made one vague concession despite all of these flagrant acts of law breaking and endangerment you committed on a land that doesn't want us there, so its perfectly fine. The great and illustrious Dark One bent the knee in the most vague and half assed fashion, he's so gracious and magnanimous." Reno snidely continued, taking a breath to calm himself down before starting up again. "If things ever reached a level of actual concern, I'm all for breaking the accords to settle the issue. But one random Shadow Pokemon is something most places can handle themselves outside of our jurisdiction. So unless we hit an actual event like that, lets keep the laws that make it so we don't look like some strange cult living in the mountains."

Taking a moment to look around, Reno added, "Usually by now, someone else has butted in to side with you. Wonder why no one's going up to bat this time?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:37 pm
“Who said they weren’t?” Lykas asked from behind Reno. “I happen to agree with Sub. I don’t believe any of us had been made aware that Sinnoh hadn’t signed the Accords when they were first put into place. One should forgive us for that small amount of confusion on our part granted how many pages those damnable political documents get.” He remarked as he walked over to stand beside Sub. “And as far as I’m concerned, you seem to like taking that role of ‘Second-in-Command’ as meaning you’re Sub’s little guardian who’s supposed to keep him out of trouble or reprimand him when he runs afoul.” He growled out, lilac eyes narrowing slightly. “And it gets rather annoying hearing how you like to throw your own opinions at him as if he’s supposed to just agree with you because you voiced them.” The Jellicent hybrid wasn’t always so easily irritated but he’d decided a long time ago that regardless of Sub’s bad decisions at times, the man usually had the right of it in the long run so hearing Reno’s chiding of the Snagem leader rubbed him the wrong way.

“Obviously I don’t speak for everyone and I’m sure a few people will probably agree with you but I’m pitching my lot in with him. Take your damn seat and do your actual job: Being second in command.”  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:47 pm
Reno would keep his eyes locked onto Sub as Lykas spoke up, finally showing that someone had been caught by the efforts Reno had gone to in drawing attention to himself. "We have an AI who read that document in .5 seconds and likely gathered the understanding of it all before we finished blinking in surprise at his speed. That is meaningless. For your other point: second in command means you contest with your leader on issues of import and where he has overlooked important things." Reno explained, maintaining the eye contact with Sub he had started before Lykas spoke up. He didn't feel a strong need to meet the eyes of someone with such a barebones understanding of the issues. "What you're describing for a job position is chief bootlicker. And I'd hate to steal your job when you so enjoy the taste of cured leather."  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:10 pm
“Hey, miss dragon-”

“Apolla, don’t drag anyone else into your gossip mongering.”

“Whaaaat? …She has berries.” An aggrivated sigh would emerge from Crystal before a shaking of her head.

“If she wants, Tati can go.” Aile let out a heavy sigh, adjusting her head on the table to look at her Flygon momentarily, before turning her gaze outside the room. A moment later, there would be a chirping Tatooine heading out with the berries, Apolla gleefully following the dragon out. Crystal would watch Aile stare at that door, the hybrid’s ears drooping in concern.

“You’re worried.”

“Sub’s involved.”

“He’s almost certainly not going to do anything to Tatooine.”

“It’s not just her, I’m worried about Reno, too.” Crystal sighed in reply, pinching the bridge of her nose. The vibes she was starting to pick up from Aile was starting to make her concerned, and suddenly, she could potentially understand how the one reality she mentioned earlier could have come into being. At least one of many ways.

“I’m going to assume you want to follow Tati. Anyone else object to putting the Q&A time on hold,” Crystal asked everyone in the kitchen, noting Aile already getting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apolla and Tati would head over to where the ruckus between Reno and Sub was doing their best to keep within earshot but out of sight, the Espeon’s fur bristling as she picked up on the emotions of both men. As she took a Sitrus Berry from the dragon’s stash, her tail began to flick restlessly, even more so as Lykas joined in and she caught his emotions. -Uh… Tatooine? Has there been a lot of underlying issues between these two? Because now I feel like this wasn’t the most thought out of plans.- A look up after her private message to Tati would reveal that the dragon was giving her a ‘no s**t’ kind of look. -Riiiight. Uh yeah. Where do you think Aile will fall on?-

-Metal man, probably, if she doesn’t lose her nerve against Dark guy,- Tatooine would think back, tilting her head. -How about yours?-

-I have no idea now. I could see her maybe leaning towards Reno before, but I don’t know how becoming a buff space cat changed her. Especially if she really did see that many realities…- The Espeon would keep her ears sharp, tilted towards the conversation and keeping watch for any other emotions joining in.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:23 pm
Reno Vantas
Reno would keep his eyes locked onto Sub as Lykas spoke up, finally showing that someone had been caught by the efforts Reno had gone to in drawing attention to himself. "We have an AI who read that document in .5 seconds and likely gathered the understanding of it all before we finished blinking in surprise at his speed. That is meaningless. For your other point: second in command means you contest with your leader on issues of import and where he has overlooked important things." Reno explained, maintaining the eye contact with Sub he had started before Lykas spoke up. He didn't feel a strong need to meet the eyes of someone with such a barebones understanding of the issues. "What you're describing for a job position is chief bootlicker. And I'd hate to steal your job when you so enjoy the taste of cured leather."

Lykas growled again at Reno's comments. "Watch your tongue or I'll handle it for you." He warned. "Last I checked, you've nearly gotten the lot of us killed on at least two occasions. It's hardly fitting for someone with a record like that to be arguing the finer points of politics and the consequences of ones' actions with anyone."

"Calm down, kid." Wren remarked as he approached, SNAG in hand. "The ginger makes a fair point. I've been listening in on all this thanks to the very AI he just mentioned." He pointed out. "International dealings require stacks of paperwork for any single organization and the more regions are involved, the bigger those stacks get. Sub definitely should have spent some time actually reading and understanding all that before we took action anywhere. Everyone should have, as a matter of fact." The barefoot Channeler stated rather plainly as he locked his ice blue eyes with Lykas for a moment. "I get you think of Sub as a friend but a good friend would point out when their friends have made mistakes and offer to help them correct those mistakes."

Lykas wasn't fond of Wren taking Reno's side here and once more growled under his breath. This was getting more and more aggravating to him. He didn't say anything else right away, though.

"Now if you want to be a friend, I'd suggest you start with going over that document and making sure he understands it. As well as yourself for that matter." Wren added.

"You, on the other hand-" He said to Reno. "-Need to learn that your disagreements with Glorious Leader over there don't need to be made a public spectacle. You're the second in command but that doesn't mean creating division in the team you're supposed to be helping him lead just because you don't like a decision he made." He calmly criticized. "I'm not taking a side here, though, before either of you jump to any conclusions. I'm on the side of diplomacy and not going to prison for violating international law. I do have a business to keep going after all."  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:10 am
"Enough! All of you!" Sub shouted, interrupting all the back and forth. When the others showed up the arguments just escalated and Sub took a back seat for a moment and observed. He didn't like seeing this kind of discord in the team, and while he certainly didn't agree with Reno's take on the situation, at least not in full, as leader he couldn't allow these tensions to continue to rise. Turning to face Reno he shot him a glare.

"You're right, okay? I should have paid more attention, looked before I leaped. I did what I always do and acted without thinking. There, you happy?" He asked, taking a step towards the Psychic Channeler. "But this isn't really about the accords, is it? If it was you wouldn't be making it so personal, lobbing insults at people, mainly me. I understand your frustration over what I did but you could have addressed it way better than this. Work on your diplomacy and cool your head."

Looking over at Lykas he called out to him. "Lykas, meet me upstairs in my office." With that said he turned back to Reno and held a hand out towards him. "Now then, to ease tensions and for the sake of harmony..." He kept his hand held out, waiting and expecting Reno to take and shake it, a symbol of peace and scaling back hostilities. "I apologize."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

MoniqueBrie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:39 am
Reno's outburst and all the conversation thereafter got Monique's attention.

"Wait, what?" was all she felt appropriate to say. She was still reading up to situate herself with what was going on, though it sounded rather serious. Law enforcers failing to abide by the law? It made her kind of squeamish to think about.

Then again, the idea of international incidents doesn't come very easily when you come from a place where all the regions were long gone.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:35 pm
SubonicXP

Looking over at Lykas he called out to him. "Lykas, meet me upstairs in my office." With that said he turned back to Reno and held a hand out towards him. "Now then, to ease tensions and for the sake of harmony..." He kept his hand held out, waiting and expecting Reno to take and shake it, a symbol of peace and scaling back hostilities. "I apologize."

Lykas nodded to Sub's direction and walked off. He wasn't really sure why Reno's actions bothered him so much but he could address whatever those issues were later. For the moment, Sub wanted to talk to him and he wanted to get away from the Psychic Channeler giving him the third degree. The hybrid would find his way to the leader's office and wait by the door, grumbling under his breath. "This gig was so much easier when we didn't have rules to follow..."

Wren nodded to Sub when he called for the arguing to stop and walked off afterward as well, choosing to not continue this display at the moment.

Blizzard120
Atlantis_Darts

Doc would perk up, out of a bit of surprise. With seemingly a million things to contend with, he hadn't realized that she even hadn't ate at all. "......I might need to get that help sooner than later." Doc said, taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes. "Apologies...uh...hold on. Orderly?" Doc would call out to the back. "The Orderly would peek his head now out of one of the rooms. "...oh dear, um...you're sterilizing aren't you?"

"Machaa."

"Yea, that wouldn't be the best idea for you to stop then. Hooo." He looked back towards Clare and Darts. "Okay, look, considering that she isn't in dire straights as far as I can at least assess, then she's free to go to the kitchen and help herself." Doc said to the two of them. "I'll keep looking into any leads I can find about you when I can, Clare."

"Oh, don't be upset, please!" Clare insisted, transparent hands clasped in front of them as if begging. "It's entirely my own fault. In all the strangeness that came with me ending up here and tagging along to help out when a lot of this group went to a different region, I simply hadn't thought to eat." They assured the good doctor. "I'm fairly certain I saw the kitchen on the way here... I'm sure I can find it on my own." With that, they'd offer a small curtsy to be polite before walking out the door in search of the aforementioned kitchen.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 538 539 540 541 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games