About suicide. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exo-Polition

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:07 pm
i dont think suicide is wrong...
But if i know someone who is contemplating it i try to help them... showing them some stuff and talking to them normaly and things 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:11 pm
starblazer66
There is no justification for suicide. There's no point in quitting life because something hurt you or because things are rough. When you think about it, a lot of the crap that happens in life isn't worth the cost of your life (ex- having no friends, pressure from school, living at home is hell).

Nobody said life was easy. We're bound to have some sort of hardship at some point. We just gotta deal with it.

I'd like to express my opinion to anyone who said something along the lines of this; (No offense starblazer)
It seams to me you haven't ever been really depressed. Someone in this state isn't completly with it, logics and morals aren't that important to one.
If someone is serverly depressed it is not nessiserily because they hit a bump in the road or hardship struck. Sometimes the cause isn't something that happened.

My mom is a psychology major right now so she has a bunch of books, one day I was so bored I started going through them and read soething interesting about debating if suicide was contagious or not. If a suicide is announced to the public sometimes it leads to more suicides that would have not happened otherwise.  

Loki god of BS

Saki Shadow

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:24 pm
*hugs* I have to say i agree 100%
Suicide is a persons RIGHT - if they don't want to live, then they shouldn't have to. I mean if someone doesn't want to have sex and says no, then no means no right? they have the RIGHT, just like they have the RIGHT to say no to life or to anything. People need to stop being so controlling over someone else seriously.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Ok, I'm not sure what all has been said but I just felt like putting my 2 cents in

I know so many people try to get people to stop others from committing suicide, but what's the point? As someone once said to me "Once someone has suicide in their mind, they're gonna do it...even if they have to wait 20years....they hit rock-bottom and they don't have the strength to swim back up" <-that was proven on 10-23-08...Emily Robbins commited suicide at FHS in Alabama. She had been goin to therapists a lot, and her parents were coming to pick her up frm school to go to another app. when the news reached them. I'm not really sure why this sweet sweet girl would commit suicide, but she did. A lot of people say it was because her ex broke up with her, but everyone knows it's more than this...she was bulimic, suffering from depression yet kept a smiling face on at school everyday up to her death. Noone could have stopped her, she tried multiple times before, and then she succeeded.
I'm not really sure why people commit suicide, I know because depression and everything, but still...my friend was about to shoot himself last night, he sent a message stating the day of his death and how he died and a goodbye. I called him, hoping he was ok, when he answered, he sounded horrible. I just wished that I could end his pain for him...I'm not really sure what it was, but he called me a little while later thanking me. sayin he had been looking for a bullet when I called him, and if I hadn't, he would have shot himself. I', glad he's still alive cus I love him to death and I never wanna live without him, yet hearing how bad he sounded...it almost made me cry. I heard what rock-bottom was like. I heard the voice of someone who thought there was nothing else to live for. And even when he knows his problems, he still continues to deal with them...a controlling girlfriend (literally), a family he doesn't get along with, losing friends that were really close...they're just dragging him down even more into that pit, and sometimes he doesn't seem like he wants to get out.
My other friend has an abusive family, and she has threatened suicide on multiple occassions, and I fear for her...cus she'll do it. Just to hurt everyone that has hurt her.
Myself, I've thought about it...but I can always find some ray of sunshine in my storm to pull me out of muddy waters. Those things are my rock, my friends, my future...and I hope tobe other people rocks to help them when they need help, keep another person from committing suicide, even for a little while. Cheer them up when they're down...yeah, it goes against my whole point, but I can't help it....even if I don't know the person, I want to help them, sacrifice my own happiness for theirs.
Wow...that was a lot longer than I intended  

Coco_Bunny23

Torbjourn

Fuzzy Gekko

4,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:11 pm
No, Suicide is In my opinion, the wrong way to go. My best friend Committed suicide about three years ago. It practically killed her Single Mother. My friend was all that was Left in Her mothers life, sure they didn't have the Best Life, But still, they had each other. Even if it was a Homeless man with no one to love him, its still not right. Someone out there loves you. My Best friend's grave is always surrounded by flowers and cards. My little sister absolutely loved her, and leaves Letters for her about every day. I was very sad and yes I did cry. Suicide is Not the route to take. So somethings going wrong in your life, the bump will eventually smooth out. If not, you have friends and family to pull you through it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:47 pm
wow...you guys debating a persons 'right'...is that why you can actually go into forced therapy of event confinement for such practices if you 'failed' it...

My opinion is that suicide is wrong, it can spur other suicides throughout a family, bringing upon the depressing thoughts that you were never good enough for them or not enough and they killed themselve. people debate this like its an opinion, but its the decision between life and death. Some of those who feel suicidal thoughts are depressed to the extent that they will seem normal, but there plans are so perfect when they are dead youll never get closure...thus bringing depressing thoughts to you. why would i happen to know this? my dad commited suicide because his fiance broke up with him...and thats why neutral  

shibiryu

Marissa on My Mind

Married Sex Symbol

9,150 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 am
You may have good points, but suicide is still not the answer. You see, your problems are temporary (it's REALLY hard to look at it that way when you're depressed, I understand) and death is permanent. Life has a lot to offer.

I was severely depressed for four years and had attempted suicide twice. The first attempt turned out to be non-fatal, so I wasn't on the brink of death. After surviving my second and more traumatic suicide attempt, I was given a whole new outlook on life. I may be agnostic, but I felt that if there is a god, this god gave me a second chance. I decided to use that chance to live my life to the fullest with no negativity.

The answer to problems is right before us; the more we think negatively, the more we focus on those negative thoughts, and the worse we feel. You don't feel sad when you're thinking happy thoughts, and in reverse, you don't feel happy when you're thinking sad thoughts.

If you are severely depressed, a simple alteration of your thinking isn't going to work very well and it will be frustrating. So, one who is severely depressed should seek a counselor. I know that therapists have a negative stigma among some people, but when you think about it, there's nothing wrong with talking to a therapist. They didn't spend 6-10 years in university just to spew lies. They understand the human mind and with the things you tell them, they will help you to figure out what's causing your feelings and will give you healthy coping methods to go about these feelings.

Back on topic. The point is, suicide is not the answer. Human life is like a spider's web; if one part breaks, the rest of the web is affected. This simply means that even a person with few friends will affect the lives of others through their own death.

There are better ways of dealing with your problems than simply running away from them. I'm not calling suicidal people wimps, but I'm saying from experience and having survived that life is actually beautiful. I understand that there is negativity in the world, but there is also a lot of beautiful things; friendship, dreams, love, sunsets, music, and so much more.

To anyone who is suicidal or know someone who is suicidal, get help immediately. Don't let the problem persist to the point that the person or yourself is beyond saving. There IS hope.User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:20 am
as long as your alive. you have the opportunity to change the situation your in. If your dead. you don't. killing yourself because your afraid to leave the past behind or face your own emotions is the cowards way out. If your gonna go out. wait until every fiber of your being is in agony. wait until everything that makes you is ripped apart. wait until there is nothing left of you. At least put up a good fight. don't simply roll over and die just because life dealt you a bad hand. If life gives you lemons, squeeze the dame juice in it's eye and mugg it! stare  

wildblackfire

47: The Depression Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces