View Results

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:41 am
I don't know enough of demons to learn anything by observation. I would have to interact with them more, and I am still quite new to them.

Observation and logic led me to believe in reincarnation though.

daggerjstone, I'll call you dagger, if that's alright. Your observation sounds interesting, I'll have to see if I can find anything out about that. I'm probably too curious for my own good...

At least me and Iron_Felix seem to always read the fine print, dunno about any other posters.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:36 pm
Yes, I will have to do some more studying aswell.  

Iron_Felix

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 10:21 am
I'd like to get back to the original topic... This is something that has profoundly affected my life. When I was a little girl, about three because it was before my brother was born, I was diagnosed with Extreamly Low Frequency brain wave pattern. This is basically where my brain is vibrating faster then the human norm (i forget what that is, I used to know, but I've forgotean), sending messages, creating synapses, ect. much faster then it should be, causing my brain waves to have extreamly low peaks and valleys. This is a condition that runs in my family and causes horrible migranes that will put you out for days. Seriously; the pain is so severe that you have to lie in a sensory deprived enviroment because the slightest sound or light hurts so bad... It sucks. I've been on pain medication (and other medication) for this condition my entire life. It also causes faster development (I hit puberty at cool and a bunch of other messed up stuff. You can't get a proper catscan, ect. One of the strangest is that if you're anywhere near an electronic device you get a buzzing or a high-pitched noise that will drive you insane because they're on a similar frequency. You can hear the radio waves, but you can't pick them up, so it's like you hear people talking or singing, but you can't pick up what they're saying.

Anyway, now on to the weird stuff. My entire life I have seen things like the "spirits" you're describing. When I was a little girl my brother and I had to go live with my grandparents for a little bit, and we would wander through the forest where they lived. We would see what people described as faries, brownies, and even, believe it or not, a sayter. This sounds insane, I know, because in kindergarten I told some other kids about it, and since then have had the lable "borderline skitsophrentic" on my medical chart. And I would agree with them, except... my brother saw it to. He remembers it.

For instance, I know that a lot of kids have an imaginary friend. I do as well, his name is Rover, and he's a little black and white stuffed dog that I still have. When I went to preschool, the teachers were shocked that I was reading at nearly a high school level. When they asked me where I learned to read, I told them what I believed to be the truth, that Rover taught me. They obviously thought it was one of those weird little kid things, and as an adult I did for a really long time, until one day I went to visit my parents and brothers. Rover was lying in the backseat of my car (I still bring him around with me, he has sentimental value). My brother picked him up, stared at him for a few minutes while we were driving, then said, "You know, I have more respect for this stuffed dog then I do for most people."

Also, the things I see... I'm fairly certain that one of the house brownies from my grandparents followed me to my current house. Generally, when I see these things, everyone denies their exestence. However, I found myself watching it one day, dancing around, like she does, and as she flew a sharp corner and my girlfriend jerked her head. She said that she thought she saw a light. It's happened with three other people I know since I moved from my hometown.

The thing is, these things never seem all that malicious to me, even though they do to others... I'm not sure what that's about. Like I said, I've done this my whole life, but I truely believed it was hereditary skitzo brought about by the disease until recently when other people acted as though they saw it as well. I still taske my meds though, as I'm not convinced that I'm not crazy and those headaches are a b***h.

I'll post some more later... I kind of want to judge how many people think I'm insane before I make a complete fool of myself...  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:17 pm
Interesting. I did some research on Brownies and found some information...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(elf)
http://home.earthlink.net/~hellerest/PALMERCOX.HTM
http://www.skell.org/explore/text/mythadT.html

Edit: I am sure there is better information... Those links was what I had found so far...  

Toshi Shino

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:30 pm
jdr_172000
Interesting. I did some research on Brownies and found some information...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brownie_(elf)
http://home.earthlink.net/~hellerest/PALMERCOX.HTM
http://www.skell.org/explore/text/mythadT.html

Edit: I am sure there is better information... Those links was what I had found so far...

I said Brownie to give you an idea of what it looked like... I'm not sure I believe in any supernatural phenomina exactly as it's defined...  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:14 pm
I don't think you're crazy.

You said something about high-pitched buzzing noises and radios, I think I've experienced similar phenomena to that. Even in absolute silence I can hear high-pitched buzzing sounds and it drives me crazy. For a long time I sought silence, real silence without that high-pitched whine. Fairly frequently, I will hear bits of sentences that make no sense because I'm not paying attention and when I try to pay attention I can't hear anything but static. It's like having an am radio going in my head, it never really goes away, but I usually can ignore it, there's usually other sounds that drown it out.

It suck that you have those migraines, if you want it, you have my sympathy.
But it sounds perfectly normal to me. Then again, I share a piece of my soul with a half-demon who intended to be the anti-christ and take over the world until he went to the place where three elements meet and the spirit of the wind told him of another path though he still intends to fulfill his familial duties as a necromancer. Almost nothing sounds strange to me.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:27 am
Efstathios
I don't think you're crazy.

You said something about high-pitched buzzing noises and radios, I think I've experienced similar phenomena to that. Even in absolute silence I can hear high-pitched buzzing sounds and it drives me crazy. For a long time I sought silence, real silence without that high-pitched whine. Fairly frequently, I will hear bits of sentences that make no sense because I'm not paying attention and when I try to pay attention I can't hear anything but static. It's like having an am radio going in my head, it never really goes away, but I usually can ignore it, there's usually other sounds that drown it out.

It suck that you have those migraines, if you want it, you have my sympathy.
But it sounds perfectly normal to me. Then again, I share a piece of my soul with a half-demon who intended to be the anti-christ and take over the world until he went to the place where three elements meet and the spirit of the wind told him of another path though he still intends to fulfill his familial duties as a necromancer. Almost nothing sounds strange to me.

The anti-christ? So the Christians were onto something there... I didn't know that a demon could so much "become" the anti-christ as it was a birthright of the child of original sin, the son that Yaweh tore apart before the eyes of Lucipher as punishemnt for him sleeping with/therefore tainting Lilith one of the first humans created from the soil of the Earth. But then again, a lot of my friends say that my understanding of Christianity is tainted because most of the Christians I knew were Catholic, which I have come to understand is a pit pagany for most Christians. My grandparents are still to deep in their old-school Native nature thingy to do religion, and my mom was a UFOologist, so my outlook is a little less then learned.

I just kind of have a hard time believing in demons or angels. They seem to similar to the creatures of more ancient religions who were neither good nor evil as a group but defined personalities on an individual basis, like humans and other critters do. Then again, I've never had any malicious meetings with creatures like that, and obviously you have. That's bound to make a believer out of you if nothing else will.

You know, from your sypmtoms above, you may want to have a CAT scan taken (unless you live in the US and are fighting the 'uninsurable' problem like everyone else here... they can get expensive) to see if you have Extremly Low Frequency waves, because you can get medications to help with that goddamn annoying sound. They're like $60 a bottle, but if you only take them when you feel an attack coming on, rather then three a day as suggested, they'll usually last you a pretty good ways. Are you also extra sensitive to electronic devices (IE< you can feel that something has been turned on even though it has no perceivable cue such as light), light, sounds, or suffer from insomnia?

I am slowly begining to believe that I may not be insane... And I really appreciate everyone who is helping me to do it... Unless I do turn out to be crazy and you guys are just slowing the road to recovery... In which case I still thank you for the brief bout of undeserved confidence.

BTW; you sound really neat. I guess I've had encounters with creatures that others would (and in fact have, now that I think about it, but the guy was a dumbass and therefore doesn't count) call a demon. But it wasn't malicious or anything... He knew my grandfather... and he's gone now.

I guess I might as well tell it since I'm typing now... but I've got to load the dishwasher after this...

When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived in this house that my grandpa built himself in this little valley between these two hills in the last mixed forest on Earth. (I know that you aren't supposed to give out where you live on-line, but it's the Appalachian forest... I mean, it's a huge forest, you'd never find me in it). Everyone in my hometown tells kind of a legend about the "Old Man of the Mountain" who lived up at "The Big Rock". (Appalachian people= hicks, hence the names). Anyway, we lived in the middle of those woods and were allowed to just run them, my brother and I. We both knew where the big rock was an actually frequented it. The "Old Man of the Mountain" did live there, there was a little door you could go through on the side of the gigantic boulder, and a little eating area on top made out of wood, but not carved from wood, rather, it looked like it had in the shape of a high backed chair. The "Old Man of the Mountain" could easily have been described as a demon- he had hooved feet, horns sprouting from his head, pointed ears, and a tail. But he never did anything evil to us except feed us sugary snacks. After I discussed this with my friends, they decided that he was probably a Sayter, ala Mr. Tumnus.

Well, my grandparents ran out of money and had to sell some of their land to the coal company since I've moved away. I recently went back to that spot, and it looked like it had been struck by lightning. The entire rock, as well as a perfectly circular, I dunno, 20 foot (I'm bad with spacilization... somewhere between 10 and 20 feet) outcropping was burnt, charred, black. Around the perimeter of this circle grew about three feet (I could have stepped over it, so, my leg-span... I estimate 3 ft but I'm pretty short... Somewhere between 2 and 3 feet) of only poisionous herbs (Oak and Ivy, the kind that poisions via touch). Basketcase, my dog, refused to let my son cross it. Every time Cammy made a move to step over, Basketcase ran in front of him. The dog actually urged us to leave and Cammy went with him so I had to go to. Seriously, the only thing I can think to compare it to is lightning striking. A flash-burnt thing, because the Ivy was growing right up to the line. There was a visable line! It was so strange. And there were trees the fell across it that were burnt and broken to the line, but still growing outside of it.

See, this is the s**t that really makes me feel crazy.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:28 pm
As a kid I was visited very often by spirits. They would manifest themselves as dreams and feelings. One was particulary nasty in that he felt of anger and fear. I woke up crying from that one. Another was a lady who would sing to me. She felt like home. After I turned 10 they stopped coming now I don't dream at all and if I do, I don't remember.  

Starbranded

takocos

Dapper Genius

4,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:54 am
Starbranded
As a kid I was visited very often by spirits. They would manifest themselves as dreams and feelings. One was particulary nasty in that he felt of anger and fear. I woke up crying from that one. Another was a lady who would sing to me. She felt like home. After I turned 10 they stopped coming now I don't dream at all and if I do, I don't remember.

I often wondered if children are guarded by spirits. The lady who sang to you may have been there to guard and guide you, and when you no longer needed her, as an adult, she moved on to help another child. It seems that most religions have something like that, kind of a guardian angel.

When I was little, I had an imaginary friend who kind of did the same thing. He manefested himself in a stuffed dog, so I called him "Rover" (I was 2, ok). He would sing, talk, and even read to me. I assumed as an adult that it was just some silly childish misremembering, but I still kept the stuffed dog. Then one day, my little brother, who is three years younger then I am, picked him up and said, "I have more respect for this stuffed dog then I do for most people". He remembered him to. I don't think that the stuffed dog was real or anything, but I do think that a spirit may have used him to comfort me so I wouldn't be scared of his true form. Seems like I've heard other things like this before...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:02 am
takocos

The anti-christ? So the Christians were onto something there... I didn't know that a demon could so much "become" the anti-christ as it was a birthright of the child of original sin, the son that Yaweh tore apart before the eyes of Lucipher as punishemnt for him sleeping with/therefore tainting Lilith one of the first humans created from the soil of the Earth. But then again, a lot of my friends say that my understanding of Christianity is tainted because most of the Christians I knew were Catholic, which I have come to understand is a pit pagany for most Christians. My grandparents are still to deep in their old-school Native nature thingy to do religion, and my mom was a UFOologist, so my outlook is a little less then learned.

I just kind of have a hard time believing in demons or angels. They seem to similar to the creatures of more ancient religions who were neither good nor evil as a group but defined personalities on an individual basis, like humans and other critters do. Then again, I've never had any malicious meetings with creatures like that, and obviously you have. That's bound to make a believer out of you if nothing else will.

You know, from your sypmtoms above, you may want to have a CAT scan taken (unless you live in the US and are fighting the 'uninsurable' problem like everyone else here... they can get expensive) to see if you have Extremly Low Frequency waves, because you can get medications to help with that goddamn annoying sound. They're like $60 a bottle, but if you only take them when you feel an attack coming on, rather then three a day as suggested, they'll usually last you a pretty good ways. Are you also extra sensitive to electronic devices (IE< you can feel that something has been turned on even though it has no perceivable cue such as light), light, sounds, or suffer from insomnia?

I am slowly begining to believe that I may not be insane... And I really appreciate everyone who is helping me to do it... Unless I do turn out to be crazy and you guys are just slowing the road to recovery... In which case I still thank you for the brief bout of undeserved confidence.

BTW; you sound really neat. I guess I've had encounters with creatures that others would (and in fact have, now that I think about it, but the guy was a dumbass and therefore doesn't count) call a demon. But it wasn't malicious or anything... He knew my grandfather... and he's gone now.

I guess I might as well tell it since I'm typing now... but I've got to load the dishwasher after this...

When I was a little girl, my grandparents lived in this house that my grandpa built himself in this little valley between these two hills in the last mixed forest on Earth. (I know that you aren't supposed to give out where you live on-line, but it's the Appalachian forest... I mean, it's a huge forest, you'd never find me in it). Everyone in my hometown tells kind of a legend about the "Old Man of the Mountain" who lived up at "The Big Rock". (Appalachian people= hicks, hence the names). Anyway, we lived in the middle of those woods and were allowed to just run them, my brother and I. We both knew where the big rock was an actually frequented it. The "Old Man of the Mountain" did live there, there was a little door you could go through on the side of the gigantic boulder, and a little eating area on top made out of wood, but not carved from wood, rather, it looked like it had in the shape of a high backed chair. The "Old Man of the Mountain" could easily have been described as a demon- he had hooved feet, horns sprouting from his head, pointed ears, and a tail. But he never did anything evil to us except feed us sugary snacks. After I discussed this with my friends, they decided that he was probably a Sayter, ala Mr. Tumnus.

Well, my grandparents ran out of money and had to sell some of their land to the coal company since I've moved away. I recently went back to that spot, and it looked like it had been struck by lightning. The entire rock, as well as a perfectly circular, I dunno, 20 foot (I'm bad with spacilization... somewhere between 10 and 20 feet) outcropping was burnt, charred, black. Around the perimeter of this circle grew about three feet (I could have stepped over it, so, my leg-span... I estimate 3 ft but I'm pretty short... Somewhere between 2 and 3 feet) of only poisionous herbs (Oak and Ivy, the kind that poisions via touch). Basketcase, my dog, refused to let my son cross it. Every time Cammy made a move to step over, Basketcase ran in front of him. The dog actually urged us to leave and Cammy went with him so I had to go to. Seriously, the only thing I can think to compare it to is lightning striking. A flash-burnt thing, because the Ivy was growing right up to the line. There was a visable line! It was so strange. And there were trees the fell across it that were burnt and broken to the line, but still growing outside of it.

See, this is the s**t that really makes me feel crazy.

Well, the guy says he is the reincarnation of the antichrist...but now he's moved onto being a 5000 year old war god searching for his beloved. Never makes up his mind, that one. I suppose his liking Lilith would explain him liking someone like me. Lilith is kind of hailed by some as the original feminist.
I grew up around Mormons, they're taken even less seriously than Catholics. I actually like them though, they adress things like it's not our fault that Adam broke the rules, we only pay for our own sins. Also they conviently have a prophet to make up new rules instead of pretending their current prejudice is somehow supported by a passage in the Bible that actually says nothing of the sort. My mom was a witch, raised me as one for a few years before she gave it up.

Not all demons are evil, nor are all angels good. When you accidentally invade a demon's mind though and his terrible visage fills your mind yelling "get out!" thunderously, then he calls you back shaking with a migraine wanting to know why the hell you were poking around in his head... It's kind of weird. He's definately something demon or not.

It's 3am. do I have insomnia? No of course not... I can tell from the other side of the house when my sister turns the TV on before the picture or sound begin working, same with other things. I've never thought much of it. I can tell you though, 9,000 odd milligrams of aspirin will make it worse. Way worse.

You sound neat yourself, *sweeps off imaginary hat and bows*

Your ending story doesn't sound that odd, really. If it had been hit by lightening that would have wiped out the vegetation and the first stuff to start growing would be small shrubbery... I'm not a botanist I really don't know. The dog might just have known the plants were poisonous... Ah the skeptic emerges.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Chef Paula Deen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:32 pm
I'm kind of weird when it comes to seeing and hearing spirits. I can feel them but it is very rare that I see them and even rarer for me to hear them. I have only heard them once that I can remember but I have seen them several times.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:38 pm
i see them all the time, they touch me sometimes(not like that)
but they never talk to me, but every once in a while, late at night or very early morning i hear whistling
but to answer takocos question i think they are here to haunt u, well my stuffed animals dont seem to friendly........lets leave it at that  

War Resistance

Vivi the Twilight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:00 am
pyro_kid
I see spirits more than I hear them. I have heard them a few times, but it isn't as often as I see them.
The first time I heard them I was just sitting in bed one morning and I hear someone calling my name three times. When I had gotten up I asked everyone in the house if they called my name, they all declined. And I could account to everyone's where abouts at the time; they were all in their rooms sleeping (I had gotten up to look after I heard my name)

i'm willing to bet it was either a spirit guide or ghost  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:55 pm
yes i can see and hear them...  

masterchin

ax77xa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:14 pm
It could be that they exist.
This may be in part to my over-active imagination, but ever since I moved to Staten Island, I've felt a presence in the house.
More so when I'm alone, I sense something.
The stairs are old, and they creak, but not on a daily basis.
Whenever I'm left home alone, I hear it on intervals.
And the door to my room just opens, slightly, all by itself.
Not in the morning or night, but in the dead of the morning, around dawn.
And no one in my family is up at that time, plus, my door is always closed.
There are also times I feel a cold wave pass through me.
My hands would be cold for hours, as if someone placed an icepack on them.
It's weird.
Perhaps they do exist.
:/

39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out