Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Iron_Felix
I never said I was Christian. I was raised a Catholic, but I believe in many different things. For instance, I share that belief that Lucifer was shut down by God when he wanted a little freedom. I listen to Slayer because Slayer is one of the greatest Metal bands of all time. I love metal. I love its message. Its real message.

What do you consider to be it's real message?
Everytime metal is mentioned I think of the song "The Book of Heavy Metal" by Dream Evil.

I was Christian for approximately a 1/2 hour once. I guess I stopped because faith wasn't my thing. It's not that I don't think it's true, it's that there's way more to it than just what Christianity acknowledges.  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:45 am
I don't mean to be rude, but how can you be a Christian for a 1/2 hour? I am of the school of thought that you either are, or you are not. Sure, there are people who pretend that they are Christians, but they really aren't.

But, I absolutely agree with you- there is way more to Christianity than faith. That is what most people focus on, and it is a big part of being a Christian, but that is not the whole story.  

[Sapphira]

4,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:17 pm
Just trust me XD.

Don't a lot of converts have a moment or something in which they become Christian? Just a Jesus moment, when you're a little kid and he's your big brother, there to take care of you and look out for you etc. You can recognize in other people, Christian or not, if they're the sort of person Jesus was, like in his heart, not all the sorcery.
It's hard to explain everything that had been happening at that point in my life, but I was Christian for probably about a half hour, until I realized that I would not be satisfied with it. It's like saying that because mother goose has good stories one should never bother reading Dostoevsky. Some will never progress to that level, others are already there.

You probably won't believe me that I can communicate with deity, but I can. The entity you know as Jesus acknowledges a lot more than any Christian minister ever will. Though for a while he got really mad at me because I was kind of going out with the antichrist...Then he said that the battle over Earth isn't really gonna matter since we all have immortal souls so it doesn't matter whose side you're on. We're all gonna die and God or the Devil is going to rule over a lifeless rock. -shrug-  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:37 pm
You mean you believed in Christ's salvation for a half-hour? Because being a Christian requires a whole lot more than anything you could do in one half-hour...  

NOCTVRNVS

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:39 am
This is a very old post to be replying to now, but anyway.

Let me see if I can remember, what I mean is hard to explain. There is a lot that I like and think is true about Christianity, in the sense of being a follower of Christ's words (At least to the extant that most "Christians" are today) I still could be called a Christian. What I was mainly talking about there was believing the myths to be literal fact, which I no longer do.

I'd been reading some Lee Strobel and some of it seemed irrefutable, but the problem was that I simply cannot accept something like that, an end a final answer. There is so much more to the universe than you will ever get a Christian to acknowledge, than is even vaguely hinted at in the bible.
Also I haven't decided whether I think Jesus did actually die and then resurrect himself.

Do you want to know the bare bones, the true tenets of Christ's message? Because I can tell you and it'd all fit on one page.

There is just So. Much.More

Anyway, the sort of person I am fits well with Christianity, I love every living being, some in different ways than others, but I love them all. I am usually terribly humble (less so online >.<) I am much more comfortable with giving than with receiving (which is something I need to work on, a good guest accepts hospitality). I will stand for truth, stand up for my beliefs even when the tide is turned completely against me.
The only "missing piece" really is giving up my life to Jesus, which I will never do. I will never ask divine forgiveness, I will never repent because I think people should fix their mistakes if possible, always learn from them and NEVER regret them.
I will never be a Christian because I think a human can know the mind of God and I do not believe in sin.

Deciding to believe in sin does not even take a whole half hour. It would be So easy to put it all on his head, let him pay for it, but I never will.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:33 am
Iron_Felix
I cant speak for him, only he can do that, but I believe that he had true faith in God. He was a true believer, rare in these days.
If you hold your dreams too tightly...

You have no idea... I can count the number of true believers I've met on one hand. Oh the woes of today's dying faith. And not only in Christianity, but in ALL religions. Kinda sad...

...you'll break their little ribs.

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 am
If you hold your dreams too tightly...

There's no such thing as sin. The concept of "wrong" varies from culture to culture or religion to religion... or even Bible to Bible (which would explain why Christianity is divided into Goddess-knows how many denominations...)

I just don't think Christians can agree on ANYTHING! -_-

...you'll break their little ribs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 pm
Efstathios

I was Christian for approximately a 1/2 hour once. I guess I stopped because faith wasn't my thing. It's not that I don't think it's true, it's that there's way more to it than just what Christianity acknowledges.

While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable:
Lk 8:5 “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up.
Lk 8:6 Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture.
Lk 8:7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants.
Lk 8:8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.” When he said this, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” b
Lk 8:9 His disciples asked him what this parable meant.
Lk 8:10 He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, c but to others I speak in parables, so that, “ ‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’ 32 d
Lk 8:11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. e
Lk 8:12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
Lk 8:13 Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. f
Lk 8:14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches g and pleasures, and they do not mature.
Lk 8:15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

this is how some one can be a christian and then not. We have to remember as christians to love first judge later.

just curious are pentacostals the ones that believe in spiritual gifts.  

liznightangel

Lining is Silver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:40 pm
Not necessarily. many denominations believe in spiritual gifts. (Do you mean the fruits of the spirit? i.e prophecy, hospitality, etc?)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:30 pm
I have a couple of cute ones,
Here Goes:
Little boy and dad riding in a car and talking;
Little boy says: Dad is God bigger than everyone?
Dad says:Yes he is.
Little boy says: is Jesus bigger than everyone?
Dad says: Yes He is.
Little boy says: Jesus is supposed to be in us right?
Dad says: Yes of course!
Little boy says: Well if Jesus is Bigger than us, and he is supposed to be in us, shouldn't he be sticking out all over?
rofl rolleyes heart

Extra-Fancy Cherub

Extra-Fancy Cherub

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:40 pm
Here is another:

Little Girl comes home from Sunday school and says:Mommy I know what the bible is now.
Mommy says : Well tell me what is it?
Little Girl says: it is spelled B-I-B-L-E
Mommy says that's right!
Little girl says: It is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!
biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:12 am
Extra-Fancy Cherub
Here is another:

Little Girl comes home from Sunday school and says:Mommy I know what the bible is now.
Mommy says : Well tell me what is it?
Little Girl says: it is spelled B-I-B-L-E
Mommy says that's right!
Little girl says: It is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth!
biggrin heart

I'll admit, that one was pretty clever. 4laugh  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Extra-Fancy Cherub

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:36 pm
liznightangel
Efstathios

While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable:
Lk 8:5 “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds of the air ate it up.
Lk 8:6 Some fell on rock, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture.
Lk 8:7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants.
Lk 8:8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.” When he said this, he called out, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.” b
Lk 8:9 His disciples asked him what this parable meant.
Lk 8:10 He said, “The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, c but to others I speak in parables, so that, “ ‘though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.’ 32 d
Lk 8:11 “This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. e
Lk 8:12 Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved.
Lk 8:13 Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away. f
Lk 8:14 The seed that fell among thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life’s worries, riches g and pleasures, and they do not mature.
Lk 8:15 But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop.

this is how some one can be a christian and then not. We have to remember as christians to love first judge later.

just curious are pentacostals the ones that believe in spiritual gifts.

I completely agree with you I am a very seasoned Christian I have been since I was 12 it tales a lot more than a half hour to be a christian. Good selection of scripture you chose  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:05 am
User Image

What do you mean by "seasoned Christian?" Is that something a cannibal would eat? (JK)

User Image

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash