How will you die?
  Old age?
  Heroically?
  Alone?
  Fighting for what you believe in?
View Results

Chef Paula Deen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:05 pm
Personally, I want to die peacefully. No pain. Maybe in my sleep or next to a loved one. But not sickly and in a hospital. At home.

I don't want to die but I'm not afraid of it. I just don't think my time has come yet. But, since I'm Christian, I believe I will go to heaven. And there isn't much I can do if God thinks it's my time to join him. But I'm not going to make it come any sooner than it should.

Death is just a new beginning and I'm excited for what lies beyond this life.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:40 pm
Efstathios
Iron_Felix
Then you must be dead, because Christ is alive.

Hm? Are you certain? I was sure he was still in spirit form...Do you have any idea when he was born?
I've met and spoken with him fairly recently, no more than a few months ago. Are you sure he's incarnate? Or did you just mean alive, but not necessarily incarnate?

Anyway, I want to die in battle, I have entertained fantasies of I and my mentor and love dying, killing each other simultaneously. I know that this is unlikely, though part of me thinks it will come to pass. I want to die fighting for what I believe in. I'll probably die against some foe or in an accident. I live a fairly healthy lifestyle though, if I grow old I will stay vital a long time, but I will not die of old age in a nursing home, and there will be at least one regret to keep me from dying with a smile. I wish I could have stopped myself from doing the foolish thing I did, I will regret it forever.

I mean he's alive, but not incarnate. I was raised to believe he is alive.

It seems that we have a similar situation. I will not die in peace because of something that I wish everyday I could take back...  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:22 pm
Well, in a certain sense all deities are alive as long as someone believes in them. Then again, since time isn't exactly linear someone at some time believes in all deities, so they should all be alive.

I don't think that Jesus will incarnate again, at least not for a while and I find it more likely that he would descend than go through the mess of being born again when he already has a body.

Don't really know, haven't talked to him in a while. I did learn an interesting secret last time I did though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:20 pm
Well, because of my beliefs, Death is necessary for Life. And, reincarnation will bring me back. So, when I think about that, I'm actually not so scared of dying. From reincarnation's POV, it sounds actually kinda nice. Tee hee! Anyway, Death is a great thing--it should be celebrated, not mourned! That's what Pagans do. ^_^  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:22 pm
I would like to visit Heaven at least once. It does sound nice. But of course (probably out of boredom), I'd come back. I'm not meant to be in Heaven or Hell, so I guess I'll just stay here, heh heh. But what about the other Heavens? Like, will I ever see Odin--or Zeus--or Amon-Ra--in their Heaven and glory. Maybe one day I'll visit them. But I know that I'll always come back. I'm an earth-bound spirit. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:24 pm
You know what's funny. Fate is the ultimate being. Not even the gods can escape fate...  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 pm
Sensual Enigma Tourmaline
You know what's funny. Fate is the ultimate being. Not even the gods can escape fate...

That's interesting.

I thought gods were supposed to create fate...

Are gods subject to fate?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:13 pm
All are subject to fate. Most of my early journals are quotes dealing with these things... I take no credit for some of them, I havent read them in a while.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 pm
Then what is fate and what is it's origin?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:12 pm
I dont know fates origin. I dont know what fate is either. Hell, I can hardly explain it properly.  

Iron_Felix

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:36 pm
It's ok. Thatwas directed at SET anyway.

I think, fate is just a way of making sure people have what they need to succeed with whatever they're here for. Whether or not they do is up to them.
In which case some sort of sentience would be required. Like a headmistress giving out source lists and reference books to pupils so that they can pass and move on to the next level.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:18 pm
I beleave, fate's orgin is itself, born of actions made by those who wield it. Much like a sword, your fate can pierce through the life of another, and just as easily pierce your own life. It is something born with your being, that is as much a part of you, as your thoughts, no matter how warped, changed or altered they have become from anything that has happened to you. Fate is nothing more than the sword that will not brake, and the shield tat goes unpierced so to speak. Atleast, that is what I have found.  

daggerjstone

6,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 am
Well put. Well put indeed.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:23 pm
A little confusing, but that's a nice way of putting it.
Fate seems to be beyond sentience, beyond comprehension maybe. At least it's source.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

Iron_Felix

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:28 pm
Yea... I dont believe fate could be sentient, because then it would be subject to itself. Would it not?  
39: Spirituality.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff