Reply 11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters
Racism Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Racism...
  is good. Some races just shouldn't be!
  is horrible! It's the inside that counts.
  just happens. We can't stop it.
  just happens. We have to stop it!
View Results

luckdragoness

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:18 pm
fantasier_xp
I just kind of had to add this in. It's a pretty big issue, and I was surprised to not find it here. So, I decided to add it. What do you guys think of racism? Are you racist? If so, why or why not? And what can we do to stop racism?

Racism is, sadly, just a part of life and that's all there is to it. Every individual has a few certain cultures that he or she is slighty less fond of than others. Some simply carry it too far.
I for one do consider myself racist...I find it rather annoying that certain cultures do nothing to improve the light in which their race has been cast; instead, they own up to the stereotype. I do feel like shaking races and begging them to believe that they are capable of more than prejudices and stereotypes allow.
However, that is simply looking at races as a generality. When it comes to individuals, if I, personally, get to know someone, it is because I like them regardless of race. People of other races are, in fact, still people with the same wants, needs, and desires as my own. There is a universal law that applies to any race: the collective IQ of any group decreases exponentially as the quantity of individuals making up said group increases.
I am convinced that, in order to stop racism, it is going to require getting to know the individuals of other races rather than the collective race.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:02 pm
Ignorance and Insecurity is the root of racism. Matter of fact, all '-isms' poisoned the air of society the instant someone believed that a 6-foot man with dark skin and big lips was a would-be murderer, OR that a woman with almond-slanted eyes, light skin and slim figure was a geisha and probably the CEO of some well-known corporation. exclaim

-CULTURE SHOCK-

Nowadays, everything is superficial. And with that curse, society forgets morals and the value of others by judging according to stereotypes and expectancies. One must live life with a blindfold. In that way, we can't see the physical manifestation of a person, thus allowing us to focus on that person's character and not their skin color or eye shape. xp

Personally, I live knowing these stereotypes and applying them.
-BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!-
I put reference on stereotypes, in order ONLY to remember that there is more to these people than just a background of false beliefs.
If anyone honestly thought of racism, the only nuance that us races have between one another, is culture and tradition, which differentiate. Focus on this, rather than fatalistic tendencies of stereotypes. smile

-PAULINA.  

Paulina.Love

BadWolf6667

6,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:31 am
Epic Fail Girl
One of these days, we will have basically only one race. Not anytime soon, but more like 1,000 years down the road. At that point everyone will basically be a mutt. When that time comes though, I can see many new reasons to hate people coming up.

sorry to say but it is coming more and more apperant that all races will stay seperate. Not that i dont want them to become one but if we'll become one rce then inbreeding starts to happen and every thing goes to hell.Racism is a major part of human nature like self destruction.Everyone is racist, even if it just alil bit.You cant avoid it, if you hate a certain type of click:
punk,prep,jock,etc. your racist. If you hate racist, your racist againt racist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:02 pm
stare why is thread so long? really people it's a simple subject.. sweatdrop Everyone is entitled their opinion. racist or not. Just please don't expect a positive reply to a socially controversial viewpoint. In reality all you have to explain is that it's wrong to compare one person with another based on something physical. it's true that people of the same culture can hold similar belief systems and social points of view. But it doesn't rationalize making assumptions about someone who is completely unique. you wouldn't want someone to say because you and your friends live in the same country and culture you are exactly the same, with the same interests and values and flaws would you? It's simple as realizing that even though people look similar on the outside, they can be completely off what you think they are on the inside.  

wildblackfire

wildblackfire

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:10 pm
CommanderMatthias
Epic Fail Girl
One of these days, we will have basically only one race. Not anytime soon, but more like 1,000 years down the road. At that point everyone will basically be a mutt. When that time comes though, I can see many new reasons to hate people coming up.

sorry to say but it is coming more and more apperant that all races will stay seperate. Not that i dont want them to become one but if we'll become one rce then inbreeding starts to happen and every thing goes to hell.Racism is a major part of human nature like self destruction.Everyone is racist, even if it just alil bit.You cant avoid it, if you hate a certain type of click:
punk,prep,jock,etc. your racist. If you hate racist, your racist againt racist.
yes the races will stay separate, but not because of racism. People are usually attracted to people of the same nationality. It isn't racist, it's a preference. They will hold similar beliefs and social understanding as you. There are of course exceptions to this rule. But when isn't there? and as for hating Clicks, that makes them prejudice not racist. being a racist means you hate someone for their color or race. It has nothing to do with their social grouping. confused  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff