fine
  I don't know
  poll whore
View Results

AliasL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:28 pm
AgentKeg
chicken_soup
There's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality. People are opposed to it because it's different, and not a subject that society likes to leave open.

Here's a little story:

At my alarmingly small school, roughly 98% of the kids are religious. They are the "Hate gays! Love God! Fight Iraq because we all know they caused 9/11!" type. We do have one homosexual student. Just one. He was brought up in a very religious family and rebels against whatever his family worships because he was told that "God hates gays because they're, um . . .er . . . gay!" So he formed his own set of beliefs, and never hesitates to parade around the tiny campus voicing them. He's a good kid, and never does anything to make people dislike him.

Being homosexual doesn't change your personality, so why can't the government treat them like people?

Along with your school being 98% religious 78% of America is Christian, 1% Jewish, and 1% Mormon. (www.did-you-mean.com)

With this high statistic and only about 4% of those being sentimental towards gays, you can imagine how easy it is for a Christian man/woman to get elected. All of the Senators of the US are religious in nature (www.bizforum.org) so the likelyhood of them being against gay marriage is pretty high.

Changing the way people view homosexuals would/will be a difficult task. We might as well be having a reformation on our hands.

AliasL's brother says: Or we could just get rid of all this Christian hoopla? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:22 pm
chicken_soup
Yeah, I believe it. America is definitely a religious country . . . but so are many other nations as well. Somewhere I heard that 90% of the world's total population is religious.

If you want to see what's a religious place for real, go to Mexico. Especially in Guadalajara, Guanajuato or Querétaro, people there are religious enough to trust blindly in whatever the Church says. Needless to say, that's why the Church's power in Mexico can actually rival the government's power, especially when your country is ruled by a Christian conservative party.

Now, on to homosexuality: is it right? ******** yeah. Why so much people think otherwise? Because even though the Church has nothing against homosexuality, they seem to have a tendency to think homosexuality equals gay sex and marriage, which are forbidden by the Church. Over time, this hate against homosexuals has led to people stereotyping them as flamboyant queers that will rape you in the a** as soon as they have a chance. However, homosexuality is not gay sex: it's just love directed towards men, pure and simple. I should know, because shortly before my 19th birthday, I was a "fauxmosexual" for a couple of months: that is, a man that feels temporarily attracted to men after being rejected by a secret love for too long. I kept a secret love for a girl for 2 years, and when I let it out, she rejected me. Basically, you just feel attracted to men, and consider some of them as attractive and hot, just like you find some girls to be attractive and hot.

However, so far, all the people I know that hate homosexuals are either big hicks, or homosexuals on denial. I don't think it's coincidential that the ones with the biggest hatred against homosexuals have a long record of actions that give them away as people who like men instead of girls, including: sleeping in the same bed with a man when they could do it with a woman, being really, really, really fond of their male friends, being big jerks around women (that could mean they're uncounsciously scaring girls away), and the list could grow into a looooong, loooooong bible that supports the theory about them being in denial of themselves.  

Da_Nuke

In_Fyniti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:44 pm
I'm going to go against the crowd a bit here. Curious to see how this turns out.

I personally believe homosexuality is wrong. Let me clarify real quick. Homosexuality in and of itself is not wrong, as it is not a choice, and in many cases is not reversible. Since it is something you cannot deal with or didn't decide, it is positively tyrannic to call it totally wrong.

Were my problem begins is with the practice and social acceptance of homosexuality. I have many reasons, but some are religion based and thus invalid to be considered.

From a naturalistic viewpoint, homosexuality is a perversion. Yes, true, it does exist in nature, but only where the male/female ratio is out of balance. When that balance is restored, we find that formerly homosexual creatures cease practicing in favor of a partner of opposite sex. It is humanity that has taken this practice to an unnatural level.

The bigger issue, though, is the effect on society if homosexuality is accepted. There is a phrase, "give him an inch, he will take a mile." This can be reflected in what might happen if homosexuality is accepted. As it becomes more commonplace and accepted, soon more perverse acts, such as sexuality with animals or inanimate objects, no longer become so perverse. As time goes by necrophilia and ***** might not appear so perverse, as the human society has become to accept these things. Need an example? In the 1890's the divorce rate in America was (if my memory serves me correct) between 10-20%. At the time it was considered a social crisis, that 1 in 4 marriages ended in divorce. Today, the divorce rate is 50%. Half of all marriages end in divorce. As the American society became more lenient to the concept of divorce, and thus made it easier, the rate soared. The same goes for general promiscuity. Some time ago, open promiscuity was looked down upon and considered vile. Today, the stereotype exists that if one doesn't engage in sex, or is obsessed with sexuality, then they are not living life to its fullness, or are a "nerd" or "Jesus Freak". It is perfectly logical to predict a similar issue occurring with Homosexuality.

Like I said, I have nothing against homosexuals themselves. Several members of my family are homosexuals. What abhors me is the practice of homosexuality and how society is being forced to change for homosexuals.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:56 pm
And -so- we watch the }sun{ come up from the edge of the |_deep_| green *sea*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{Surrender}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well let me think if I can actually think of something to say this time instead of just agreeing with other peoples opinions.
First of all creatures are humans of pleasure and feeling. Our bodies are meant to feel superb sensation and experience the world through the touch of our skin. But most people dont care about that. To most people it's all about f***ing each others brains out so we can spew out as much starving children as possible before we die. And then there is people who deny themselves the simple pleasures in living, and agree not to have intercourse until they are "married" again this type of belief mostly reflects off of religious background...so pretty much religion gets blamed for everything again. But now about homosexuality. I dont think it's wrong, but I am opposed to "gay pride"...it annoys me sooooooooooooooo much. I mean it's enough that people despise gays enough but people always have to go around and have parades, wear drag, throw condoms in the crowd while they dance around in the one piece of clothing they are wearing. It's just overexcessive and unnecessary. I'm to tired to really think of anything else. *is always tired*

===================={Remember}====================
'And' she listens like -her- head's on fire like she wants to believe in `me`

[ Mod ] James

TempestRising

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:57 pm
While some people are actually born homosexual, others decide to "experiment" because they see others doing it. In this regard I agree with In_Fyniti, if standards are lowerd, than people for whom the standard does not apply will be led astray. If this happens to a great extent homosexuality will become and extreme type of birth control. Though the world is over populated during this period in time, if people stop being able to have children (because of homosexuality) the world could have a serious problem on its hands.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:16 pm
TempestRising
While some people are actually born homosexual, others decide to "experiment" because they see others doing it. In this regard I agree with In_Fyniti, if standards are lowerd, than people for whom the standard does not apply will be led astray. If this happens to a great extent homosexuality will become and extreme type of birth control. Though the world is over populated during this period in time, if people stop being able to have children (because of homosexuality) the world could have a serious problem on its hands.

I've been watching, I've -{been}- waiting, In the ~shadows~ for my_time
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*/The Rasmus/^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

So you are saying that there being less people would be a serious problem for the "world"...HA don't make me laugh (oops I just did.) Sorry I won't say anything else seeing as how this conversation would be more suited for anohter thread in this forum.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~/In the Shadows/=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
^I've^ been |searching|, I've ~been~ _living_, For tomorrows {all} my *life*

Neon Proxy

Charmed_Raven

Romantic Lunatic

4,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:41 pm
I personally do not think homosexuality is wrong, but be incredibly biased for one major reason. However, although it hurts me when I read any anti-gay (particularly religious) work, I accept that it's they're opinion. I'll have an incredible issue with it if they start enforcing it in some way, but until then I'm quite happy knowing I have no problems in my life, I'm in a loving, stable relationship, and they cannot do anything to harm that.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:58 pm
Neon Proxy
TempestRising

So you are saying that there being less people would be a serious problem for the "world"...HA don't make me laugh (oops I just did.) Sorry I won't say anything else seeing as how this conversation would be more suited for anohter thread in this forum.

So you are saying that everyone doesn't deserve a chance here?

Gee, Asia is way overpopulated, maybe we should just send ninjas in to kill everybody and then become homosexuals so there will be less people.  

NOCTVRNVS

TempestRising

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:19 pm
NOCTVRNVS
Neon Proxy
TempestRising

Gee, Asia is way overpopulated, maybe we should just send ninjas in to kill everybody and then become homosexuals so there will be less people.

::nods:: My argument applies more to the future than it does to the present. If homosexuality becomes generally accepted the frequency of its occurance will increase [the way divorce rates shot up once it was accepted]. If that sort of mentality begins to affect even those to whom it does not truly apply, they we could have some serious population issues later on.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:56 pm
TempestRising
NOCTVRNVS
Neon Proxy
TempestRising

::nods:: My argument applies more to the future than it does to the present. If homosexuality becomes generally accepted the frequency of its occurance will increase [the way divorce rates shot up once it was accepted]. If that sort of mentality begins to affect even those to whom it does not truly apply, they we could have some serious population issues later on.

Yeah, exactly. I'm siding with you 100%. People will scoff inevitably at the concept, buuuut... then again they scoffed at the concept of gay marriage itself too. People have no understanding of "the slippery slope".

Which brings me to another point. There is NO line between homosexual marriage, and marriage of any other philias including bestiality, ******, and necrophilia. If homosexuals are "denied rights" by not being allowed to legally marry, then so are ******, and will be in the next decade should the bill ever finally pass through. People mock the idea for one of two reasons -- either they are ignorant and don't have the foresight to see it, or; they are self-centered and don't care to think about the future so they deny the possibility for their own good.  

NOCTVRNVS

xsparklersx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:37 pm
NOCTVRNVS
TempestRising
NOCTVRNVS
Neon Proxy
TempestRising

Yeah, exactly. I'm siding with you 100%. People will scoff inevitably at the concept, buuuut... then again they scoffed at the concept of gay marriage itself too. People have no understanding of "the slippery slope".

Which brings me to another point. There is NO line between homosexual marriage, and marriage of any other philias including bestiality, ******, and necrophilia. If homosexuals are "denied rights" by not being allowed to legally marry, then so are ******, and will be in the next decade should the bill ever finally pass through. People mock the idea for one of two reasons -- either they are ignorant and don't have the foresight to see it, or; they are self-centered and don't care to think about the future so they deny the possibility for their own good.

To be honest, I don't think there should be denied 'rights' when it comes to anyone being married. I don't think it should be legal to marry someone. I don't think it should be illegal either. I think marriage should be what it was before it made its way into the legal system: a religious institution/tradition. The government is stupid and gave benefits to heterosexual couples who decided to marry. They shouldn't have done that because now people are complaining that they aren't getting the same special treatment as the people who are heterosexual. I say we take marriage out of politics completely, as it is not an issue that even needs to be in the political arena in the first place. Freedom of religion and the right to practice it, sure, but to give those who practice marriage special rights that others don't get is just stupid. These homosexual couples wouldn't be complaining about denied rights if other people weren't getting rights that they shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

If someone wants to marry their pet tarantula, so what? That just means they're married to a tarantula. That shouldn't mean that the tarantula should inherit everything automatically should that person die without leaving a will. If we give married people a special set of rights, damn we'd end up with a lotta rich tarantulas. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:20 pm
xsparklersx
NOCTVRNVS
TempestRising
NOCTVRNVS
Neon Proxy
TempestRising

To be honest, I don't think there should be denied 'rights' when it comes to anyone being married. I don't think it should be legal to marry someone. I don't think it should be illegal either. I think marriage should be what it was before it made its way into the legal system: a religious institution/tradition. The government is stupid and gave benefits to heterosexual couples who decided to marry. They shouldn't have done that because now people are complaining that they aren't getting the same special treatment as the people who are heterosexual. I say we take marriage out of politics completely, as it is not an issue that even needs to be in the political arena in the first place. Freedom of religion and the right to practice it, sure, but to give those who practice marriage special rights that others don't get is just stupid. These homosexual couples wouldn't be complaining about denied rights if other people weren't getting rights that they shouldn't have gotten in the first place.

If someone wants to marry their pet tarantula, so what? That just means they're married to a tarantula. That shouldn't mean that the tarantula should inherit everything automatically should that person die without leaving a will. If we give married people a special set of rights, damn we'd end up with a lotta rich tarantulas. xp

Exactly, that's very true. Marriage benefits stemmed from the simple dowry bestowed by the church, into a big list of bonuses. Marriage needs to return to its roots.

The problem with homosexual marriage is, if we don't draw the line at man-and-woman, when will enough become enough? If a homosexual's right to marry whoever he wants is being "restricted", then so is a ****** right to marry whoever HE wants, and so is a bestialist's right to marry anyone (or anything) HE wants. I mean one thing pro-gay-marriage kids like to argue is "who cares who people marry, it's their business". Yeah, well they won't be saying that anymore when a ****** thinks it's HIS right to marry their ten-year-old son.

Let the church do what they want to encourage Christians to marry, that way homosexuals can't say they are being denied rights.  

NOCTVRNVS

xsparklersx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:35 am
NOCTVRNVS
xsparklersx
NOCTVRNVS
TempestRising
NOCTVRNVS

Exactly, that's very true. Marriage benefits stemmed from the simple dowry bestowed by the church, into a big list of bonuses. Marriage needs to return to its roots.

The problem with homosexual marriage is, if we don't draw the line at man-and-woman, when will enough become enough? If a homosexual's right to marry whoever he wants is being "restricted", then so is a ****** right to marry whoever HE wants, and so is a bestialist's right to marry anyone (or anything) HE wants. I mean one thing pro-gay-marriage kids like to argue is "who cares who people marry, it's their business". Yeah, well they won't be saying that anymore when a ****** thinks it's HIS right to marry their ten-year-old son.

Let the church do what they want to encourage Christians to marry, that way homosexuals can't say they are being denied rights.

Yeah. The tarantula thing shouldn't be a 'marriage' unless the person's religion okay's it. Marriage is man + woman thing in Christianity and that's just fine. If someone makes up their religion and decides that in said religion it's ok to unite themself with Sparky, their resident meal worm, whatever. I think, however, that instead of marriage, there should be some sort of way to add people to your family. You know, the way you can adopt a child and it becomes part of your family. That way if people want their other half to be able to make medical decisions for them and stuff like that, they'll be able to. As far as the will thing goes, I think that if you don't care enough about who's getting your stuff when you kick the bucket to actually write out a will, it should go to the state. So go write wills, people, or the government liquidates your baseball cards! xp  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:20 am
Yes but my point is, if the government is no longer dictating just what a family IS, then there's no longer any reason for everyone to violate the institute of marriage for the sake of being recognized as a family. A non-religious couple could still adopt, and parent a child, and be a family, but since they aren't religious then why do they need to marry? If they trust each other they don't NEED marriage, they can simply devote themselves to each other and have sex and have a child. It's not like they think it's a sin to have sex outside of marriage anyway.  

NOCTVRNVS

Melancholy Demon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:02 pm
look i'm sorry but if it dont end with kids...
well you get my point i got no problem with the people them selfs just you know that particular thing they do, thats all  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff