many gods
  no god
  poll whore
View Results

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:13 pm
Neon Proxy
NOCTVRNVS
Anyway, I am a Christian. I was raised a Christian, but shortly after my sacred confirmation I began to doubt my faith. Some short years ago a series of revelations came to me and I re-embraced God with eternal devotion. Since then I have been trying my best to live according to His plan, but while my ship sails onward with certainty, the sea has been frighteningly rough at times. Suffice it to say, had the ship not been built with such conviction it would have been capsized long ago.

I am firm in this faith for reasons many -- including personal revelations -- but the Word of God is immortal, something that no mere man could ever write. The proof's in the pudding as they say.

And hey, it's the only established faith that makes logical sense to me.

As a Christian, and thus a man of love, I do not hate anything let alone the faith that others may have. I detest such deceptions as "satanism" and "wicca" because of what they are, but feel pity for those who entrust in them -- not hatred.

{I} am so ~all-American~ I'd -sell- /you/ |suicide|
x^x^x^x^x^====I am the ism====^x^x^x^x^x

So are you basing your detest upon these religions based on the popular stereotypical beliefs that most christions hold. Because last time I checked there isn't much christians who know the first thing about Satanism or Wiccan, so unless you actually know what you are talking about I would advise not saying you detest them. I am a borderline satanist, I don't really follow it alot because some of it is hypocritical but it's pretty the only religion I am intent on following. And just because I feel like complaining about christians...a dusty old book proves nothing,a nd don't try to post your little statistics about "omgeeee theres been all these prophecies fulfilled and such" because I have already seen way to much of the statistics and it wont change a thing for me.
'

^x^x^x^====My hate's a prism====^x^x^x^x^
I am `totalitarian` I've got (abortions) in my eyes

Wait, what was the point of this post again?

I don't think I said that I detest these [anti-]religions based on anything by my OWN beliefs, firstly. Last time I checked, there weren't many satanists who know much about Christianity, so that's a little rhetorical. And SPEAKING of rhetoric, you just admitted satanism is hypocritical. Congratulations, you're correct!

But don't get too excited now.

Nice, thanks for that complaint, I wonder which goth rock album is that line from? Anyway, the extent of what you just said was, "I challenge you to give evidence of your religion's reliability, only, don't give any evidence". And if a book proves nothing, then I certainly hope you don't take anything from any science book seriously. After all, there's plenty of science to support religion -- more than there is in opposition to it, that's for sure.

As for your accusations, I appreciate the assumptions but I know plenty of wicca and satanism. I've devoted much of my time studying the occult. Hell, my favourite author is Summers. Now for the irony: you have never read the Word of God yet you seem so aversed to it and the teachings therein. How... what's the word? Stupid people always use it... IGNORANT, there it is. How ignorant!

POSTSCRIPT: Temptest, I love your signature, those rabbids are so cute... especially on Wii blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:06 pm
NOCTVRNVS

Wait, what was the point of this post again?

I don't think I said that I detest these [anti-]religions based on anything by my OWN beliefs, firstly. Last time I checked, there weren't many satanists who know much about Christianity, so that's a little rhetorical. And SPEAKING of rhetoric, you just admitted satanism is hypocritical. Congratulations, you're correct!

But don't get too excited now.

Nice, thanks for that complaint, I wonder which goth rock album is that line from? Anyway, the extent of what you just said was, "I challenge you to give evidence of your religion's reliability, only, don't give any evidence". And if a book proves nothing, then I certainly hope you don't take anything from any science book seriously. After all, there's plenty of science to support religion -- more than there is in opposition to it, that's for sure.

As for your accusations, I appreciate the assumptions but I know plenty of wicca and satanism. I've devoted much of my time studying the occult. Hell, my favourite author is Summers. Now for the irony: you have never read the Word of God yet you seem so aversed to it and the teachings therein. How... what's the word? Stupid people always use it... IGNORANT, there it is. How ignorant!

POSTSCRIPT: Temptest, I love your signature, those rabbids are so cute... especially on Wii blaugh

Every {time} I bleed, ~there~ lies the reason -to- live...
===============~{The Final}~===============

Technically I only said parts of it were hypocritical. Also, I was a christian for...several years, until eventually it got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. Then theres of course the super christian mom thats like "OMG you don't belive in god!!!" then theres annoying long speeches and such. Point is I still get forced to go to church almost every weeken >.> I don't know what relevance this has to the topic but oh well...I felt like complaining about something. Oh wait I know how it's relevant,
NOCTVRNVS
Now for the irony: you have never read the Word of God yet you seem so aversed to it and the teachings therein.

Ah thats right, thats why I was bringing that up...so like you called my assumptions....ohhh what was that word you used...oh yeah it was IGNORANT! I believe I could say the same for you, on the assuming part of course...not the satanism and all...
Oh and I am assuming *lets not get all worked up about it* that the "goth rock album" thingy you were reffering to was my coding, in case you care its the "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" from Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar album...*not that you care*

===============~{The Final}~=================
...And I (-discover-) words _becoming_ so vivid and bright.

Neon Proxy

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:01 am
No, no I meant the "dusty old book" nonsense... but that's cool.

Well, whatever, you have your experiences then that define your faith, or lack thereof; that is not my decision.

Much love,
Chris  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:36 pm
Neon Proxy

Every {time} I bleed, ~there~ lies the reason -to- live...
===============~{The Final}~===============

Technically I only said parts of it were hypocritical. Also, I was a christian for...several years, until eventually it got to the point where I couldn't stand it anymore. Then theres of course the super christian mom thats like "OMG you don't belive in god!!!" then theres annoying long speeches and such. Point is I still get forced to go to church almost every weeken >.> I don't know what relevance this has to the topic but oh well...I felt like complaining about something. Oh wait I know how it's relevant,
NOCTVRNVS
Now for the irony: you have never read the Word of God yet you seem so aversed to it and the teachings therein.

Ah thats right, thats why I was bringing that up...so like you called my assumptions....ohhh what was that word you used...oh yeah it was IGNORANT! I believe I could say the same for you, on the assuming part of course...not the satanism and all...
Oh and I am assuming *lets not get all worked up about it* that the "goth rock album" thingy you were reffering to was my coding, in case you care its the "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" from Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar album...*not that you care*

===============~{The Final}~=================
...And I (-discover-) words _becoming_ so vivid and bright.

I sympathize with your situation. I have met many athiests and satanists, and the one common trend between them seems to be that they had a parent pushing the bible down their throats. Though I grew up in a christian home, my family usually only went to church on Christmas and Easter, except for some off years when I actually attended sunday school. I think you need to tell you mother that she can't really impart her beliefs to you. She has showed you the door way to Christianity and she needs to let you walk through it of your own free will, if that is your will. That being said, if your mother does let you breath a bit, then you should actually give Christianity another try. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it!

Oh yes, another common trait was that most athiests/satanists were previously catholic. It might be that you need to find another christian church to find yourself. Good Luck!

TempestRising

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:33 pm
Well any old a** knows whatever you tell your kid, they're gonna do the opposite. Kids just don't have the integrity. Since the beginning of time parents from all cultures have complained that their children do the opposite of what they say, listen to music they disagree with, and yes I'm talking about thousands of years before Christ.

Eventually most of those kids grow up and make decisions based on their new-found morality. Most young people don't wanna face it, but they're not very likely going to stay how they are when they are young. A lot of adults have feelings of regret toward their childhood.

Perhaps parents feel that, since they led such senseless and immoral childhoods, they must advertise religion, faith and integrity to their children to ensure they do not live the same life. But quite evidently, this is never received well.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:46 pm
TempestRising

I sympathize with your situation. I have met many athiests and satanists, and the one common trend between them seems to be that they had a parent pushing the bible down their throats. Though I grew up in a christian home, my family usually only went to church on Christmas and Easter, except for some off years when I actually attended sunday school. I think you need to tell you mother that she can't really impart her beliefs to you. She has showed you the door way to Christianity and she needs to let you walk through it of your own free will, if that is your will. That being said, if your mother does let you breath a bit, then you should actually give Christianity another try. Who knows, you might actually enjoy it!

Oh yes, another common trait was that most athiests/satanists were previously catholic. It might be that you need to find another christian church to find yourself. Good Luck!

She really doesn't try to force any of her beliefs on me anymore. She has accepted it and sympathizes for me like you do. The only reason I really go to chuch with her in teh first palce anymore is because I only get to see her on the weekends, and It would be cruel to make her do stuff I wan't to do but refuse to go to church. It's the nicest thying I can do contrary to my beliefs. The one that is bad is my stepdad...he just never gives up. But back on topic, giving christianity another try isn't really going to change anything. I don't hate my chuch, the people there are nice, and I don't specifically hate the religion, But I have already made up my mind and nothing can *has been able* change my mind at this point.

Neon Proxy

TempestRising

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:19 pm
Neon Proxy

She really doesn't try to force any of her beliefs on me anymore. She has accepted it and sympathizes for me like you do. The only reason I really go to chuch with her in teh first palce anymore is because I only get to see her on the weekends, and It would be cruel to make her do stuff I wan't to do but refuse to go to church. It's the nicest thying I can do contrary to my beliefs. The one that is bad is my stepdad...he just never gives up. But back on topic, giving christianity another try isn't really going to change anything. I don't hate my chuch, the people there are nice, and I don't specifically hate the religion, But I have already made up my mind and nothing can *has been able* change my mind at this point.

I must say that I'm sorry you feel that way. But contrary to popular belief, I am not going to bash a bible over your head (I doubt I could make pixels do that even if I wanted too...)

Take it easy on your step dad, and let him know what's going on. If you ever change your mind about Christianity, or if you randomly want to talk, pm me! 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:09 pm
well, it seems we have a lot of people who may be confused about what they are.

There are some posts in which people have just sort of assumed that their religion is that of their parents. If you're still struggling with whether or not your religion's deity exists or not, you can't honestly identify yourself with that religion. What some people aren't realizing is, just because your parents had you baptized and had you go through all the motions of being Christian, that doesn't truly make you a Christian. What makes a person a follower of any religion is that they BELIEVE. If you're struggling with your beliefs, you fall into the agnostic category until you can solidify some kind of belief. Once you figure out what you believe, then you can claim a faith...that's why they're called faiths.

I saw a lot of people post as atheists, many of which hold views that are agnostic. Then again, to be honest, agnosticism isn't as popular and people probably feel it's the same thing as being atheistic.

I am agnostic. The difference between that and atheism is that, if you're an atheist, you believe there is no god. Agnostics are the ones that say "I just don't know" to that. As an agnostic, I don't believe that there is a god, but I also don't believe that there isn't one. I admit that I don't know.

I understand that there are people who need a god to believe in, and those that need to believe there isn't one because both motivate people to live their lives. I don't dislike other religions...but I do dislike the people that try to impose their beliefs on others. I can't tell you how many times I've been imposed upon by various acquaintances who just can't take a hint. If someone invites me to their church's picnic for the first time, I usually respond by explaining that I'm agnostic and I don't feel comfortable going to religious functions (though I might possibly go once just to see if it's any different from what I expect). It's one thing to ask me the first time, it's a completely different thing when you keep inviting me over and over and try to use different tactics to pressure me into going when I've already told you it makes me uncomfortable. People like that just irritate me.

The key, I think, to any belief, is tolerance. Everyone has a belief. I believe I don't know, and that's good enough for me. Some people believe in gods. Some people believe there is no god and choose to believe in themselves. No matter what people believe, the fact is that they have the right to believe it and no one can force them to change their beliefs. So long as people show each other the tolerance that comes with a general respect for other human beings, we can live in religious harmony at least. That is why I say this:

If there must be war, let the reasons for it not root themselves in religion. If there must be hate, let it be the hate of intolerance and violence. If you have the power to love, love the world, for it is like a neglected child in desperate need of healing.

heart always,

Lana  

xsparklersx

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:27 pm
TempestRising
Neon Proxy

I must say that I'm sorry you feel that way. But contrary to popular belief, I am not going to bash a bible over your head (I doubt I could make pixels do that even if I wanted too...)

Take it easy on your step dad, and let him know what's going on. If you ever change your mind about Christianity, or if you randomly want to talk, pm me! 3nodding

Actually there exists a device that can detect the positions and shapes of objects meters in front of a computer screen, by measuring the wavelengths generated by the monitor and how they react with things as they are emitted. If that's possible, it's possible to hit people through your computer!!

Well, maybe not...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am
AgentKeg
I am halfway dreading the outcome of this thread already. Don't disappoint me by flaming each other, ok?

What religion are you?

How long have you been in this religion?

Why do you believe in this faith?

What do you hate about other religions?

If you are agnostic/atheist please tell us why?
I AM OF NO RELIGION BUT OF THE CUBAN RELIGION THAT MUST NOT BE NAMED

ALL OF MY LIFE

WELL BECAUSE IT'S ALL I'VE KNOWN BUT NONE THE LESS I DO BELIEVE IN OTHER RELIGIONS AS WELL

HOW THEY THINK THAT THEIR RELIGION IS THE WAY & THE ONLY WAY TO THE GOD,I FEEL MOST RELIGIONS ACQUIRE SOME TRUTH IN THEM ABOUT GOD ,BUT MOST RELIGION WERE ACQUIRED BY STEALING ANOTHER RELIGION SO THAT THEY MADE IT INTO THEIR OWN , SO I'M NOT SURE IF WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN IS TRUE......... SO THEREFORE I DON'T CONSIDER MYSELF IN A RELIGION I JUST BELIEVE IN GOD & JESUS,....... YOU COULD SAY I'M IN TUNE WITH MY CONSIENCE  

emeraldgreen3

Sanguinello

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:26 pm
i'm agnostic... i really don't think its possible to know if god(s) exist - there's no direct evidence, and other than a few old books, of dubious reliability, no evidence at all. even should god(s) exist, i don't think that at this point in time that they're particularly relevant. to me, at least.

i was raised christian, but to be frank, i grew out of any belief in god about the same time that i grew out of santa claus and the tooth fairy (not trying to insult anyone, that was simply my experience).

however i'm not ruling out that at some point in the future i may gain a belief in god(s), anything can happen in the fullness of time.

as to other people's religions, actually i find people describing their own beliefs and the groundings for these quite interesting, its always good to know exactly where someone is coming from. what i don't like are those who attempt to convert others or demand exacting evidence or justification for a person's beliefs, i mean, its a belief; it doesn't require justification any further than it fits your personal logic  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:33 pm
I am undefined.

I believe that it is fully possible to contact and converse with the entities of any religion by entering what is known as the Astral plane, or to Wiccans as Alpha state. I believe that Jesus was born, killed and rose again. I believe that Buddha found the path to enlightenment. I believe in Heaven and Hell the way they are described in C.S. Lewis's The Great Divorce. I believe that reality is what you make of it.

Above any little detail I might believe, I believe in human's inalienable rights, my only God is love, and her children freedom and truth.

I do not think that belief or faith in anything other than love is necessary for a satisfying life and, if there is such a thing, afterlife.

I love all beings equally in that I want only what is best for them, I think that what is best is freedom, choice, love, and oppurtunity(sp?).

I am a follower of objectivist philosophy and my beliefs are most similar to those of Deists.

I do not hold at all with anyone who believes some ancient outdated, mistranslated tome is absolute truth and the direct word of God, unless they have a lot of good proof and coherent arguements. In which case I'd *love* to discuss with you and hear what you have to say.

All of my beliefs are based on long periods of introspection, personal experience and extensive research.

I hate only hate. Nothing else and no one.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:30 pm
Ugh, can we please stop calling the Bible outdated and mistranslated? If you don't seek to offend people then there is no need for such intentionally offensive rhetoric.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:53 pm
NOCTVRNVS
Ugh, can we please stop calling the Bible outdated and mistranslated? If you don't seek to offend people then there is no need for such intentionally offensive rhetoric.

Do you really believe that the bible is not outdated? I'll give that I've heard compelling arguements that it is not mistranslated.  

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200

NOCTVRNVS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Efstathios
NOCTVRNVS

Do you really believe that the bible is not outdated? I'll give that I've heard compelling arguements that it is not mistranslated.

Please explain how it IS outdated, perhaps my definition of "outdated" is radically different from yours.  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff