NOCTVRNVS

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:50 pm
I almost want to go back through and take a littly tally of points we have and have not agreed on.

I think we've actually agreed more than disagreed. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:03 pm
Efstathios
I almost want to go back through and take a littly tally of points we have and have not agreed on.

I think we've actually agreed more than disagreed. lol

Aww, well isn't that simply lovely?  

NOCTVRNVS

leprechaun_1991

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:55 pm
My religious beliefs have taught me to save myself for my future spouse and this definitely affects my decision. Nobody can make me wait, but I choose to. It is my decision, however, I have been influenced by my religious beliefs. I also feel that being a virgin until I have found the right person is important because I will be able to avoid a lot of mistakes that way. I agree that sex education should be taught in schools. But I think some parents would have a problem having a stranger talk to their children about sex.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:56 pm
I personally believe that if both people are ready, it's ok to have sex. I know that my mother has no issues about me having sex (not that I have, mind you) but my father, he's not so ok with it, I learned that one time telling him I was dating someone. "Do I need to call her parents and have them put her on the pill" Some parents, need to chill out.  

Israk

ArtemisLust

1,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:37 pm
I think it's good to save sex for marriage, but if you want to do it before hand, go ahead.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:01 am
AgentKeg
Is sex best saved until marriage?
Is being a virgin until marriage important?
Do you have any religious/political beliefs that effect your choice?

I don't see anything wrong with having sex before marriage, but I definately believe that sexual intercourse should be between two people who love each other deeply...I consider it to be something incredibly private that should be shared with someone you truly love. I would be really hurt if I had it with someone who didn't turn out to be "my true love". I don't think enough people in the world view it the same way.
There isn't really anything wrong with having sex just for the pleasure, without the love. If you're the type of person who has one night stands and such, then go for it, I just hate people who try and manipulate others into having sex with them, and then just hurting them. If you're just in a relationship for the sex, make sure your partner feels the same way, instead of manipulating and hurting other people who actually want love.  

Shadow__Dweller

Buroabenteuer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:10 am
fantasier_xp
At my (previous) school, we had sex-ed class starting in fifth grade. I think it was too soon, no one took it seriously. Everyone laughed at the stupidest things (I must say I did too, as mature as I was), but sixth grade was better. Kids just aren't mature enough. I think sixth grade is the best year to start sex-ed classes. Kids find this stuff out on their own anyway. I mean, I do think the sex-ed classes are good (especially for the shy), but kids are curious, and find this stuff out themselves, plus it's all in the media, and you hear other people at school (eg, older kids) talk about sex, and older siblings and such. Of course you always hear about the infamous "talk". I don't know, I never got it, but I'm just fine! I found it all out on my own! It's inevitable anyway...
Sex is everyones presonal choice, but unfortunately, many people don't make good choices, whether from inexperience and lack of knowledge, or pressure...

The problem with waiting untill kids are "mature" to teach them about sex is that their body's aren't going along with their minds. Girls especially are developing at younger and younger ages, to the point that girls are getting pregnant at the ages of 11 and even 10. These girls who develop early don't know anything about sex in a society where sex is ignored untill the last minute in terms of actually teaching them about it, and the result is that these girls end up getting attention from older boys who see a physically developed female who is gullible. We shouldn't take the risk of dooming these girls to the life that follows an early pregnancy just because the kids are likely to snigger at the word 'p***s' .  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 am
Valuing virginity and restricting sexual contact untill after the 'ultimate' commitment has been made worked in the older societies where it actually fufulled its social roll, which had nothing to do with any real happiness of the couple, but more with the survival of the society as a whole.

Basically, I understand why saving sex untill marriage as a social practice came about.

However, in terms of nurturing healthy and happy relationships and marriages, it hurts more than it benefits anybody nowadays.

Whether or not people like to admit it, sexuality plays a roll in the satisfaction and happiness of a marriage. A couple that can express their love for each other physically and enjoy doing it is all the better for it. Saving sex untill AFTER the couple has made the step towards permanence causes that aspect of a happy marriage to be a toss of the dice, and too many people don't get lucky.

Imagine that a girl falls in love with a guy and vice versa (not too taxing I hope), and they sync up emotionally and mentally and have a great time with it all. Then, as couples in love often do, they get married. Then, on their wedding night, they find out that their mental and emotional similarities end in the bedroom, and the rest of their marriage is soured by an underlying tone of physical frustration and dissatisfaction, making it harder as the years go by for them to connect as they used to.

I simply argue that there is a physical aspect to a relationship that people often undervalue and project onto other aspects, and because of this, for a couple to be sure that they want to spend the rest of their lives together, they should know that they sync up physically as well as emotionally and mentally.  

Buroabenteuer

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:31 pm
Your username is awesome.

What does everyone think of polyamory?

Personally I am for it, but it seems that would go against many people's ideals of waiting until marriage. I think that love is very very important, though not necessary when it comes to sexual encounters. I don't have any problem with anything someone might do as long as they take all safety precautions and are honest about their conduct with all partners.

My problem is that long ago, I learned to love everyone, and in cases where mutual physical attraction is present it can be difficult to adhere to monogamous societal constrictions(Though most, myself included, do manage it). Is it necessary though?

My mom is against waiting until marriage, says she didn't sleep with enough people before she got married lol
This to her 16 yr old daughter...

Promiscuity seems to be really messed up right now, I can only speak from what I've seen in USA, but the fact that there is no conformity in sexual views is troubling. Damned if you do, damned if you don't, it seems.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:09 pm
As far as polyamory is concerned, I have no problem with it, I just wish people would be a little smarter about it what with all the STDs and drama out there.

I myself believe that being well-rounded sexually is definitely a good thing, and polyamory definitely contributes to that end, if practiced honestly.  

Buroabenteuer

Gimonavid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:34 pm
I'm a very "prochoice" person when it comes to sex. I personally have never been married and have a son. But if you want to wait until marriage that's fine. Virginity, to me, is nothing special.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:32 pm
[I think for some people it is good to save it for marraige. Whether it be due to a hightening in love, a lack of desire, or even the funderful religious excuse.

-Not necessarily... sex is an important part of life. It is the reason we are here and, when performed right, it is a perfect stress reliever. Most people, who know little, or nothing, of the many variations of sexual activity, choose to save themselves for marraige. I find sex to be an amazing way to express a physical desire.

NOTE: Physical desire is NOT to be confused with a desire for emotional love!! It is NOT a desire to physically express love. That is "lust", and nothing more!

-My religious beliefs are that sex is something that can be done anywhere. I, personally, believe that to have sex one should have love, or at least have an emotional attachment to the other. It is not something a person is obligated to do! It is a choice that must be made between all members, and should not be forced on others.

Hope that helps, and I hope there are people who are interested in logical debate... xd  

Asuka Inochi

Efstathios

Girl-Crazy Noob

3,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:03 pm
Asuka Inochi
[I think for some people it is good to save it for marraige. Whether it be due to a hightening in love, a lack of desire, or even the funderful religious excuse.

-Not necessarily... sex is an important part of life. It is the reason we are here and, when performed right, it is a perfect stress reliever. Most people, who know little, or nothing, of the many variations of sexual activity, choose to save themselves for marraige. I find sex to be an amazing way to express a physical desire.

NOTE: Physical desire is NOT to be confused with a desire for emotional love!! It is NOT a desire to physically express love. That is "lust", and nothing more!

-My religious beliefs are that sex is something that can be done anywhere. I, personally, believe that to have sex one should have love, or at least have an emotional attachment to the other. It is not something a person is obligated to do! It is a choice that must be made between all members, and should not be forced on others.

Hope that helps, and I hope there are people who are interested in logical debate... xd

I like logical debate too. Too bad I agree with you, I guess XD  
11: The Intelligent Cogitation: For the Master Debaters

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces