Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[Sins & Virtues Clutch Lesson] Pick a Card - Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:04 pm
V'ek and Nimiseth

Roll 1: Based on its shape, this object could be a riding strap or a belt. Roll a d4 to see whether you guess correctly. Evens, you are correct (it is a belt) and gain +3 pts.
Roll 2: This could be a red fruit or a red ball. Your dragonet's vision, while keen, is not quite like your own, and you can't tell which it might be. -2 pts
Roll 3: What luck! This is clearly a oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 4: The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts.
Roll 5: While unfamiliar to your dragonet, the shape of a tuber is very easy for you to make out. +3 pts

Total: 3 - 2 + 2 + 5 + 3 = 11 + ( 10 from D'hka and Lufianth pairing ) = 21

Clearly still reeling from The Redfruit Fallacy, Nimiseth's mental insistence that this was a tuber nearly knocked V'ek sideways. Other dragons might not have known what this bumpy brown blob was, but Nimiseth was a consummate gourmand.

"It's a tuber?" V'ek swallowed and removed the blindfold. "Yes, it is! A bit of confusion there in the middle, but I think we came out all right."

Tsunake
thank youuuoouoouuuouu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:50 pm
Jemi and Shandath working with Rosannah and Erisath

Jemi gathered up the bucket and blindfolds before returning to her partner. She peered in the bucket, going through the various items and nodded. "Doesn't look to bad, nothing overly confusing in here. Soo do you want to be the blindfolded one or the one pulling the items? " She asked Rosannah.

Samuel Carlin

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:08 pm
Rosannah and Erisath working with Jemi and Shandath

Erisath sat and watched, turning or tilting his head now and then to watch what was going on between other pairs. What on Pern...?

"You've already got the bucket, so you might as well pull something first." She was already knotting the blindfold in place. Now, Erisath, you have to pay very close attention, so you can help me see what you're seeing, understand?

No, the little blue answered without making an attempt to disguise his confusion. But I will try, for you, Mine.

Shaddaling

Samuel Carlin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:30 pm
Rosannah and Erisath

Roll 1: At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

Total: 5+
Bonus for working with a partner: +10 pts

----

As Jemi held up the object, Erisath got to his feet, considering the small fluffy thing. He lifted a foot like he might step forward, maybe to sniff it, or even taste it, but he put it back again with soft grunt. No one else was doing that, so he wouldn't. Still, what was that thing, he had seen one and he knew, he knew he wasn't actially supposed to eat it...oh!

Rosannah took an audible breath at the same time that Erisath gave a little flip of his wings. "A pillow? It's a pillow, isn't it? Is that right?"

Shaddaling

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm
Jemaselle and Shandath

"Righto! Good job you two! Now lets move on to item number two," She said cheerfully, handing the pillow over to Shandath to carefully take and replace as she got the next item. "Okay then! Ready, set, tell me what is in my hands."

Samuel Carlin

Samuel Carlin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:45 pm
Rosannah and Erisath

Roll 1: At first your dragonet cannot quite make out what s/he is seeing, but with your help, s/he recognizes a small pillow. +5 pts
Roll 2: The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts. Evens, your fail and take -5 pts.
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

Total: 5-5=0

----

Oh, this one was tricky, Even with the blindfold, Rosannah's frown of concentration came though. "...no, I'm just not sure. It's too... flat, maybe, to tell."

Erisath's momentary triumph at the first success disappeared with a quiet grumble.

Shaddaling

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Samuel Carlin rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:48 pm
For my last item...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:55 pm
"Hey, you are just starting out, don't feel too bad about missing one or two." Jemi said gently and turned the playing card around in her hand. "It's a playing card, now lets not think to much on this and get ready for the third item! Which I have here." She said, letting Shandarh take the card, it might have a bit of dragon baby teeth on it, but hey, it was okay.

Samuel Carlin

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Samuel Carlin rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:24 pm
Rosannah and Erisath

Roll 2: The other weyrling holds up a playing card - roll a d4 to determine whether or not you're able to make it out. Odds, you succeed and gain +5 pts. Evens, your fail and take -5 pts.
Roll 3: This could be a red fruit or a red ball. Your dragonet's vision, while keen, is not quite like your own, and you can't tell which it might be. -2 pts
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

Total: 5-5-2=-2

----

This exercise was harder than either of them had thought it would be. It's all right. You can do it. Just focus a little harder this time.

He did. Erisath stared and stared at the round thing Jemi held up. Round. He could see that it was round, and that was an easy shape to share. Red, too. Red was a simple color, but when they were both put together, they could be so many things.

"Red and round," Rosannah reported with a little laugh. "But I can't tell much more than that. It's a start, though!"

Shaddaling

dawns_aura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:05 am
’That’s amazing.’ Lelte cheered R’him and Hybreoth after they got through the five items. And it was amazing. She could only hope that she and Cama could do even partly so well. We’ve got this Mine, the little green radiated confidence. They were just as good as her bronze brother and His.

Though it did seem a little strange to her, to be asked to use senses that were not her own, Lelte knew it was for a good reason, and Cama seemed confident that they were going to be just fine. And that was enough to settle the excitable girl. Yes she was going to be just fine. They could do this. She tied the blindfold on her eyes. ‘Okay, I’m ready.’ Though if the words were simply for herself, or if they were heard by R’him, it didn’t matter. It was time.

It's red, Mine. It could be like that round ball thing, but that's not quite right...
'That's a fruit, my Love. it's not a ball. It's something to eat, not play with. Though not to eat right now.'

Roll 1: This time, your dragonet is able to tell the difference between the red fruit and the ball. +5 pts
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:
Total: 10+ pts

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

dawns_aura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:10 am
Excited by the success with getting the first object right, Cama didn't even allow R'him to completely pull the next object out of the bucket. It's like one of those coverings on your bed, the soft rectangle things.

'A blanket?'

Wait, no not that, embarrassment tinged the green's midvoice. No, wait, it's too small, more like those things you rub me down with after the bath. A what's it called.. towel. Yes, that's it. I'm sorry Mine.

Roll 1: This time, your dragonet is able to tell the difference between the red fruit and the ball. +5 pts
Roll 2: Although you try very hard to focus, your dragonet's excitement gets in the way and you are not able to tell that this, in fact, is a towel and not a blanket. -3 pts
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

dawns_aura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:20 am
Ohh, one of those nice scratchy brushes...I am very very itchy Mine. Can we go and get me a bath, and oiling and get all those itchy spots?

'I think it's probably safe to say it's an oiling brush?' Lelte commented out loud. 'It's not time yet for that Love. We need to finish this exercise first. Then it's time for food and bath.'

She turned her head in the direction she thought R'him was. 'Did Hybreoth get all excited and ask about a bath and oiling when you guys got the brush?'

But Mine, I itch.

Roll 2: Although you try very hard to focus, your dragonet's excitement gets in the way and you are not able to tell that this, in fact, is a towel and not a blanket. -3 pts
Roll 3: What luck! This is clearly an oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 4:
Roll 5:

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

dawns_aura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:32 am
Its brown and kinda lumpy and strange... Cama tilted her head and tried to look at it from a different angle. Maybe she might recognise it in a different light...

Easy there, Love, don't tilt your head so much. It was even more disconcerting trying to see through another's eyes, when they were moving around. There. Can you hold still for just a second. Now that Cama held her head still, Lelte could concentrate on the object, brown and lumpy... she knew just what it was. She had just pulled kitchen duty right before the Hatching. The amount of those she had cleaned and chopped... that was not something she would be forgetting any time soon.

'Tuber.'

Roll 3: What luck! This is clearly an oiling brush. Your dragonet can recognize this right away. Take +2 pts
Roll 4: While unfamiliar to your dragonet, the shape of a tuber is very easy for you to make out. +3 pts
Roll 5:

dawns_aura rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:34 am
One step forward, two steps back, it seemed. Just when they did well, something came up and tripped them up.

Cama took her time with the last object, looking at it this way and that. It was like nothing she had seen before. I... don't know, I'm sorry Mine.The little green felt horrible. She should know this. She should do better, be better. If she couldn't do well with such a simple thing, how could she be expected to do her duty well...

It's alright, Love. It's not on you. I don't know what it is either.You don't have to be so hard on yourself. Do you think so poorly of me?

That startled the little green out of her spiralling thoughts. How could she think poorly of Hers, who was the sweetest most perfect, most precious of beings? As she started to pull herself together, Lelte grasped the edges of the blindfold and begun to unwind it from around her head.

'As for whatever that is, I'm afraid I've got nothing.'

As she got to her feet, the itch that Cama had complained about since she saw the brush made itself very well known. 'Since this activity is just about over, let's go see about getting you that bath.'

Roll 4: While unfamiliar to your dragonet, the shape of a tuber is very easy for you to make out. +3 pts
Roll 5: Your dragonet doesn't recognize this object, and you can't quite make it out. Clearly you need to spend more time bonding together. -5 pts
Total: 10+ (5-5+3-3+2) --> 10+2= 12 pts

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

Hattaki rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:28 am
Miela & Green Invidiath

Roll 1: Your dragon has recognized a sandal. Wonder where they could have seen that before. +2 pts
Roll 2:
Roll 3:
Roll 4:
Roll 5:
Bonus: 10+ with partner
Total: 12

As Miela passed the bucket over to R'ul with a decent thrill of Invidiath's confidence, the girl pondered just what it would be like to see full clarity through her lovely green's faceted eyes. Eyes that were now glowing bright blues and greens as she prepared for the game that would be afoot. Yes, she, Invidiath, was ready.

Rolling her eyes, the young girl sat back and closed her eyes, tying the blindfold over her eye carefully, trying to keep her own thoughts and mind empty as she focused solely on Invidiath and what she was seeing.

Well this is rather unremarkable Invidiath offered and shared the image with her rider in an almost bored manner. "It's a sandal, like the ones we'd wear on the sands. It's supposed to be unremarkable." Though personally she wished she could have spruced up for her baby dragon she knew well why she couldn't have.

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff