ChexaRain

Unbeatable Streaker

26,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:07 pm
oo DeD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Claiming to be nervous was an extreme understatement, especially in Kahs' situation. She watched as each lion in turn approached the adolescent, and her stomach knotted anxiously.
Her last encounter with a pride had been brief, and it had been one lion, but.... she highly doubted those barbaric practices extended to other prides, or at least she'd hoped they didn't, and taking a calming breath, she too approached Nchekwube, offering a soft smile to alleviate her own personal tension.
"I am sorry to say that I'll be preventing you a moment's peace. I am Kahs'rin... I need to know if this is a place to call home, for me."
She fidgeted slightly, her gaze flicking around at the lions that were starting to add up before she had them back on the lion in front of her, not wanting to mess anything up by seeming overly suspicious or defensive, as she was prone to being in recent weeks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:40 pm
User Image

A slim, pale lion made his way carefully toward Nchekwube after watching other newcomers do the same. If he was nervous, or if he felt any embarrassment at the fact that his own stature was no larger than a typical adolescent (and a rather diminutive, delicate one at that), the ex-swampie didn't show it. But then, he'd had his entire life to get used to looks - concerned, pitying, sometimes mocking - having been born a runt, he had dealt with it all, and was simply grateful to have at least outgrown the perpetual shortness of breath that had characterized his youth.

What he wasn't used to, after having left for his naming quest so long ago..was being around so many lions at once. But, as he almost always did, he trusted the gut instinct that had brought him here. Admittedly, it was sometimes hard to tell what was a normal hunch, and what was his seer abilities manifesting, but...they had gotten him this far, hadn't they?

Taking a deep, steadying breath in an attempt at loosening the nervous tightening of his chest, and allowing his honey-gold eyes to close briefly, he stood a few paces behind Kahs'rin, not wanting to be impatient, or unintentionally step on toes by crowding unnecessarily.

When it was his turn to introduce himself, he stepped a small pace closer, his voice gentle and soft. "Greetings," he began, opting for a bit of formality. "I'm Mng'aro." This was said with a tiny, self-depreciating smile...he never had found his true name, in all the time that had passed since he had left the only home he had ever known...not that there was a home, or pride, for him to return to. But, perhaps his finding his way here to such a reclusive pride, was a sign that it was time for him to stop wandering, clutching at things that could never be.

"And I hope that there is a place for me here." Even as he spoke the words, he felt something inside himself unclench - surely this was a sign that he was making the right decision?

oo DeD

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:43 pm

This gathering of lions was a bit unnerving; one who grew up in the rogue lands rarely would even see so many bunched up together without trouble brewing. Hrayne had always done what she could to help strangers, those few and far between. Sometimes her visions would lead her to her father's victims; as she bore little resemblance to him, she was usually allowed to assist in tending of wounds or gathering food. But as her father never fully rested from his work, she had begun to feel the affects of burnout. His life was never-ending; she was mortal. Was it really worth her entire existence to attempt to pay penance for his horrible ways?

And so, after the last set of suspecting eyes pierced through her heard, she left. She walked away from the lifestyle that she had known, and attempted to find somewhere new. A place where hopefully no one knew of her father; a place where she could begin to find out what she wanted from her own life, to live for herself.

She found herself in the N'ezi. And yet, doubt crept at the corners of her mind. Was she truly able to live in a pride, with constant familiar faces? Her own golden eyes watched as lions introduced herself to the young creamy male, and she listened as he assigned them into families.

When it seemed like he had a moment of freedom from the other lions, she gingerly approached him and slightly bowed for his attention.

"Hello," she said quietly, trying to find the confidence in her voice. "My name is Hrayne, and I wish to find myself a place to call home here. A family to belong to, moreso than I ever have before..."

oo DeD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:09 pm

It was an odd day that Masozi chose to join a crowd. But today, of all days, he thought his presence was necessary. The Nkunwu had become such a small family, and as he glanced around the crowd of lions gathered, he couldn't find any others by sight.

He stood tall, pink eyes watching the process and the newcomers presenting themselves. One by one, each had found their families, but none had yet to find his. Slowly, he took a seat, curling his tail around his base. He was hopeful, but knew that there was plenty of time before the final newcomer was homed.

AstoriaFallen
(( quoting you two since you rolled Apathy! You don't have to respond, but Masozi will welcome them into the family! (since I think there are only two of them in Apathy ;; ) ))

Alpaca Chobi
^^^^

Polette
Crew

Lightning Shadow X

Floppy Puppy

20,275 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:01 pm
Watching the back and forth of the lions coming into the pride and being accepted into their respective families filled Isi with a sense of warmth and pride she'd felt very few times in her life, one of those other times finally becomes Mgbamizu's mate as she rested her head on his leg comfortably whilst watching the activities.

With so many coming and going she watched the horizon for a moment and pushed herself to her feet finally, stretching and drawing her claws over the ground as she gave her sleepy muscles a wake up call before looking to her beloved lime mane'd Mgs and bumped his shoulder gently.

"All these new mouths, better get a hunting party to bring in something good for the new family members." She boldly dragged her tongue over her mate's cheek in a small kiss. "Don't wait up, dearest." And then made her way down into the heart of the Caldera to find some food.

((Isi has exited.))

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm
Zuko was glad to see Qamar go, his nose wrinkling in distaste. A joke? Made this early into joining? He'd be steering very clear of that lion and all other rogues if that was how they were. Rolling his eyes, he glanced back to the other born-in members as they snuggled up a little closer to one another. Ugh...what was worse?

"And if there isn't, it's fine," he said with a swish of his tail. "It's not a priority of mine unlike others I can think of." He wasn't terribly fond of cubs and having some of his own was a daunting thought, but it wouldn't be an issue if he never found a mate.

Sawa smiled fondly at the couple, ignoring the sourpuss beside them as he huffed and rolled his eyes at everyone. She was pretty good at being able to get into her own little world of what she wanted to focus on and if Zuko didn't want to play nicely with the other lions she'd just ignore him.

"Would you two care to show me around a bit?" she asked, tilting her head towards her new family. "I know very little about the pride and am very curious to know more."

The blatant cold shoulder surprised Zuko so much that he snorted and turned away, leaving the trio to their talk. He hadn't been paying attention to see if any of the joining rogues had been put in his family, but he hoped not. Hmph.

[ooc: Zuko has left the building and Sawa is ready to head out as well!]
Lightning Shadow X

KasaiLoki

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:19 pm
SilverLutz
Exit Mgbamizu! sorry for sucky short post XD

"Certainly!" Mgbamizu said with a smile, watching the dark male leave. Oh. Bye to you too Zuko. The male thought with a frown, shaking his head before he focused back on Sawa.

"Oh...sure!" He smiled. He was curious to see if any other lions would be joining the Aguu, but he'd be able to find out a little bit later in the evening.

"Follow me then!" The Aguu said with a grin. Oh how excited he was!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:13 pm
Sawa gave a little nod and set off to follow Mgbamizu, not at all put off by Zuko's departure. She glanced around the area as she left, trying to remember a few faces she could talk to later if they seemed friendly. For now, though, she had a very enthusiastic tour guide who was willing to show her around a bit. That was good enough for her!

[ooc: Sawa out!]  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 2!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:15 am

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

At Kahs's words, Nchekwube waved a dismissive paw. "Peace, I think, can be had when all else is said and done. Besides, how could I relax when there's so many new people to meet and stories to be heard?" The lion's tail brushed restlessly from side to side as he looked over the lioness's bold stripes. Pink and purple eyes moved across her until they met her own. Nchekwube's eyes fluttered a couple of times before growing trance-like and distant.

Drawing a quick breath, the adolescent shook his head to settle his spinning thoughts before nodding to her. "I'd say this is a place you could call home, Kahs'rin. If you would have it, of course. Fine the Agadi family. I think you would find that you belong there."

ChexaRain

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 8!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 am

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

"Mng'aro," he greeted with a nod of the head. "It's a pleasure. I'm Nchekwube."

If he adolescent was at all thrown off by the lion's size, it couldn't be seen. If anything, that coupled with the muted colors of the stranger made him already seem like one of the small-bodied, muddy-colored N'ezi-ozu. If it hadn't been for the fact that the pride was small enough to where he could readily recognize hi kin, Mng'aro might have been mistaken for one of his own already.

Nchekwube met the lion's eyes and took a long blink. When his eyes opened they were long and distance, as if focused on some far away thing. At the beginning of all this, the adolescent had been a bit self-conscious about what others might think of all this. Of a strange young lion looking into your eyes, taking a quick peek at your soul, all while in a strange trance. If they were disturbed by it, he figured, they wouldn't be here, right? So he had let the worries pass.

The young lion's vision snapped back in to focus and he offered Mng'aro a reassuring smile. "I'd certainly say there is a place here for you," he said, his voice the gentle softness of an innocent youth. "Welcome to the N'ezi-ozu. Find the Odachi family, and you'll find a home there."

Vashtya

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

oo Ded generated a random number between 1 and 13 ... 4!

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:48 am

1. Akaraaka (fate)
  2. Agadi (old age)
  3. Agha (war)
  4. Aghugo (treachery)
  5. Aguu (famine)
  6. Ahuojoo (sickness)
  7. Elo (venom)
  8. Odachi (disaster)
  9. Mberede (accident)
  10. N'anya (love)
  11. Nganga (pride)
  12. Nkunwu (apathy)
  13. Uju (grief)

Nchekwube listened to Hrayne speak and spent a long moment afterwards considering what she had said. Family had been everything for the young adolescent for as long as he could remember. Not only his blood family, but all of his kin. What must it be like, he wondered, to live in a world without it?

The thought was unsettling. Hunting for yourself? Keeping only your own company? Were there enough rogues out there to keep actual company, or did one have to spend all that time alone? Nchekwube held back a shudder at the thought. Who would you talk to? What would you do if something happened to you and you had no one to rely upon?

The sandy adolescent swallowed hard.

"Hrayne," he started, his voice a soft and matching hers in volume. "I-" Perhaps it was due to his distracted train of thought, but the trance came suddenly this time. Cutting off mid-sentence, his eyes fluttered up to meet hers and were swept away into hazy, clouded vision. What might have been seconds or minutes later, his eyes snapped clear.

"I…" What had he been saying? Nchekwube shook his head to clear his thought. "I'm sorry, that was rude," he said with an embarrassed laugh, mentally scolding himself. "But Hrayne, I assure you that you can find home here. And family, too. I feel that you belong here, within the Aghugo family."

Safaia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zuru laid on his back there didn't seem to be many members of his new family to chat with, he had been welcomed of course since a representative had to be there for the joining ceremony but so far he really hadn't connected with anyone as of yet. He had faced down a rhino for a young lioness before and swam in the sea during a pride festival. His new family might have been named after accidents but it didn't feel like an accident to him that he had found this place and chosen to stay. The Nezi needed a new chapter in their lives and so did he.

He chuckled to himself and looked up at the sky it was clear and sunny he smiled letting the warmth of the light warm his face. His tail flipping around from side to side underneath him. The dirt by his tail shifted a little into a small cloud of dust. That he wasn't paying much attention to. His attention was no longer on the others being moved into different families since as far as he had heard so far no one else had been put into the accident family.  

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 pm

A curious place, really. A gathering so large in lands rumored to be full of gloom and death? If that was the case, Fenryr was almost overjoyed in fellow souls, as he would call them, and the lands that held them.

It took him a while to realize what was going on though. A gathering? Each lion that didn't look too much like they were from the area going up and speaking to a young male. His turn would come, then, but until that time he simply sat and stared into the distance, towards where he last saw his mother. Her body, at least, before he put her to rest as respectfully as he could.

Finally, it looked like the young male had a moment, and he approached. Giving a nod, he opened his mouth...and a squeak came out. Oh. Nerves.

"I...I would...I would like a home...Erm, Fenryr. That is, that's me." Idiot.

oo DeD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:51 pm

She had followed the stars here.

Ardhi had spent months by herself after she had left her previous pride - it had been too chaotic, and ultimately fell apart at the seams in the end, with the lioness exiting the strange land to find something more . . . home. Calmer. Lions who also listened to the skies and the earth, respected their lives and the silence that came after. She had a scattering of siblings, but none of them would follow her here, so here she was, alone.

She didn't feel alone though, there was something warm and lively about this large group, separating the new bodies willing to follow their pride and their beliefs. Families being formed, friendships beginning. It was heartwarming to the dark lioness (as morose as the pride was,) and she found herself wondering where she would find herself.

The waiting was the hardest part, but after watching a sweet dark lion fumble his way through his introductions and replies, she took it upon herself to pad up to the adolescent - so youthful and maybe a little nervous (?), giving him a little smile before giving a respectful bow.

"Greetings," she started, lifting her head, "I am known as Ardhi'Roho, I've wandered far by myself, hoping to find a little niche to cut out for my own." She admitted, before clearing her throat, "I don't intend to take too much of your time, just a little guidance, if you're willing."

oo DeD

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm

Sheedra followed suit and watched everyone else before she gathered the courage to step forward. Her nerves were just random as there was really no reason to be nervous. She knew no one, yet this was just the beginning steps into her life.

"My name is Sheedra" She said with her own greeting. She wasn't sure what else to say, not really knowing where to go or what to do. Not until he pointed her into the right direction. "I wish to find a family to call my own, can you help me?" She asked politely.

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff