Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[SR. WEYRLINGS] A Bloody Deck of Cards [ROUND 4] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:21 am
Everything seemed to happen at once. Though the skies were filled with shouts and screams, one in particular cut through the ruckus like a knife, honed with an edge of grief unlike any other. G'ran twisted instinctively before he froze, knowing that a moment of inattention could mean his last. He could feel Elzebuth rumbling underneath him, but the brown dragon did not keen. They are gone. Who? Ichta-- Nadry-- The others-- His heart leapt into his throat before his dragon spoke again. None we were close to. A cruel way to put it, perhaps, but it did ease G'ran's heart a little. Only a little.

Elzebuth roared at the silver strands still falling from the sky, and all of his frustration from his earlier flubs seemed to lend him strength. He belched flame, searing a clump of thread to ash. Begath's is wounded! He told His. They are at the Weyr. He spoke again after a few brief seconds. But there were still more obstacles ahead of them, and G'ran shouted as a particularly striking dark green flapped uselessly on a wounded wing. Thanoth! He roared--but then Zenobiath was there, catching both dragon and rider. Safe. He told a visibly tense G'ran.

Another bit of thread snaked from the sky... this time, headed right for his bronze brother. dangerously close to his bronze brother. G'ran didn't need to urge him forward, and in an instant, Elzebuth was there, flaming at the foreign offender! But the fierce winds carried his flame farther than intended, and neither dragon or rider had time to warn the pair.

BastetAmun

HP: 5/7  
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:32 am
The pair's distraction over the loss of one of their siblings, their friends, left them vulnerable. Only when the shadow of plummeting thread passed over them did the green and boy look up together, with a unified "Oh...shards."

In a brilliant show of the flexibility her color sported, Thanoth twisted at the last moment, rolling onto her side and thrusting a wing between her body and the silver masses. It tangled about the limb, searing with insidious pain as it ate. The green's eyes were whirling white-gray-white-gray, and then a flash of sickly yellow-green as she called out, Hey Aresoth! Try to pay more attention! You're missing thread and missing flames and missing love! You don't even realize that C— And then the green and her rider were gone, vanished between.

A beat, two, three...four? But then, at last, the green emerged. And faltered. The wing that had taken the brunt of the thread was weeping ichor, and here and there holes had formed in the membrane. She wheeled uncertainly, caught a gust, and then fell, wings pumping helplessly to try to stall her descent. V'tre, clung to her back, was a weeping mess, all but insensate with shared pain and fear and a desperate need to cling to his green, regardless of how it all ended. ...Well, this isn't quite to plan. The green seemed almost chipper about it, despite the clear note of pain in her tones. At least if we crash we'll make a really pretty splatter...?

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Wanna play catch?
BastetAmun
Cause Thanoth called out to Aresoth.
Mx Cherie
Cause Thanoth didn't call out JUST to Aresoth, oops.

HP: 2/6
Roll: 1 - CRITICAL FAIL! -3HP!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Cheri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:45 am

Dr'stan & Green Cynosuth

Round: 3
Roll: 2
HP: 5/6

3 – 7. A stray thread slips past your flames. You twist away, but not in time to fully avoid it! Take 1 damage!

Engulfed as she was by grief, Cynosuth did not quite notice the approaching danger. A strand of thread escaped her furious flaming bout, and with her senses slightly dulled, she found herself once again lashed with the pain of thread's bite!

Dearest, you know what you must do, Dr'stan told her, enveloping her thoughts with love and support. They slid between, just as her brother had moments before. A breath. Another. Another. Although uncertain after witnessing her dear sibling perish in this fashion, Cynosuth emerged from the cold of between with the barest of scores.

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am
!!! His brother! He'd flamed his brother! And not even the insufferable one, but one of the ones he was closest to. Creeling apology regardless of whose fault it was or wasn't, hearts in his throat, he hung in the air with bated breath until Macuith returned from between...sounding no worse for wear. Menankith had half a moment to feel a surge of relief before the realization of loss slammed into him. He'd not seen it, he'd been too focused on Macuith, but another precious blue brother was gone. Forever.

Grief welled up and he keened, but there was no time for it. Already he'd allowed himself to be idle for too long, and had to rush to return to proper formation and keep pace. As he wheeled to flame another piece of Thread - this time well clear of any siblings - the wind caught him wrong and he corrected for it too hard, and felt a corresponding wrench in his wing muscles.

And Thanoth was falling! The brown bellowed desperately as everything seemed to fall to pieces.

[HP: 4/7]  

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am
It had been relatively calm down in the Gold wing, the rider and dragon pair drifting back and forth below the Ashlings, flaming thread's spare clumps, she paying attention to her formations with a careful and sure eye. It had been rather dull, and frustrating knowing that above, their beloved Weyrling friends were being hurt. Thread and flame alike caught them and it caused pain that the two had not expereinced...that was when Zenobiath let out a loud, terrified KEEN. Shooting her head up, Alumet watched as thread tangled around rider and dragon, hands shooting to her mouth as she tried not to sob. Faranth help her, she'd not expected....one of Zeno's own to be lost today. The beautiful Gold was keening her loss, completely hurting. Not her siblings. She could not stand it.

And so, when her beloved Thanoth began to fall, the gold took action, Hold on tight, beloved mine. I can at least do SOMETHING. Leaning down against her beloved's neck, she felt Zenobiath pump her wings, thrusting herself forwards and fast, with her wings spread wide as they positioned themselves to catch both Thanoth and V'tre. When the Green fell in to her, it was hard for the larger gold to balance, but she was quick to do what she needed to, working on her concentration as Alumet helped support, "Hey....We've got you." This was one of Zeno's beloved siblings, and one of her weyrlingmates. There was nothing that Alumet wouldn't do for them, and for now, her only focus was to get these two to safety, then to get back in the air. It was with relief that she realized that Thanoth was indeed small enough for the pair to carry to the ground, setting the Green and her rider down with the utmost care.

Zenobiath leaned her head in, nuzzling gently at her cheek, crooning, You will not fall alone, not if I can help it, beloved Thanoth. I will ever be here to watch you, and Yours. Please take time to heal, my dearest one. Should you need anything, you only must ask. Alumet took a moment to touch V'tre's arm, "It'll be okay. For now, focus on her, on taking care of each other. You've got this." And it was with this that both Gold and Rider launched back in to the air, a new fire on the small blonde's face.

ShinosBee
I HOPE THIS IS OKAY. If you need me to change anything, let me know and I will right away.

Tsunake rolled 20-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:15 pm
((Second roll, doot doot.))  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:16 pm
Elzebuth banked sharply away from Aresoth's location in an attempt to get back into formation--and his already stressed wings throbbed as a result, causing the brown to wobble dangerously in the air for a moment. Elzebuth! G'ran fought against the spike of fear that shot through him, trying to lend his support, his strength to his valiant partner. The big brown did not reply, but G'ran was briefly awash in the warmth of Elzebuth's feelings before he continued to focus. They were exhausted, yes--and so this made it all the more dangerous. He would not let himself or his rider down.

HP: 4/7  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:47 pm
[Reaction Post]

C'ryn's words seemed to bring focus back to the bronze dragon. Renewing his fighting spirit, his hearts ached from the loss, his keening mixing in with the rest of his clutch. There was never a guarantee that all of them would have made it to graduation but he had hoped...he had always hoped they would all make it. He hadn't done enough to make sure of that, he had failed them all and he would not allow that to happen again.

Stay focused Aresoth. He could feel the urge to fight, to flame, to destroy the enemy, burning within the bronze. And yet there was a worry there, what if what he was doing, how he was working, was not enough to protect them, to keep them safe. C'ryn did his best to reassure his dragon, they would all get through this, they would be okay..

And then Thanoth had gotten hit. She called out to Aresoth and he whirled his head around quickly, ready to move to her aid, even changing his position to go towards her. Of course her words confused him, he tilted his head some as he listened. Yes, he was missing thread, they all were. Missing flame? He was pretty sure he had gotten hit by two flames already, that didn't really count as missing and then...missing love? This made the bronze pause but he would never get the rest of the answer as Thanoth had gone between.

C'ryn held his breath when he saw Thanoth and V'tre go between, waiting to see them return and when they had, he released it. Her wing, from what he could tell, didn't look good and she was working hard to keep the two of them aloft. He could feel Aresoth's desire to dive after her when she began to fall but C'ryn put a hand on him, leaning nearer to his neck. Zenobiath and Alumet will save her.

Aresoth's head moved around, trying to keep with the formation and watching as their Golden sister caught Thanoth. He let out a reassuring wave of feeling to the both of them, though there wasn't as much confidence as normal. Get rest, Thanoth. You have earned is, sister. Besides, I need you to make jokes at my expense. With the green and her rider safe, Aresoth turned his attention back to the skies. The rest of the greens and blues were going back to the weyr, their shift was over. It would just be he and his brown brothers in the air. Menankith...Elzebuth. He voiced these thoughts to them. I know we do not always get along...but let us show this silver fiend what we can do....for our brother..

ShinosBee
He made a joke...or tried too.

Meepfur

Tsunake

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
Dea and #Teddy# rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 pm
Demanthra and Green Monath

Demanthra could tell that even though her green usually had more stamina than the average green, all of this was starting to tax her. After all this was their first threadfall and nerves were bound to run rampant. Luckily, Aviroth reminded them that they were almost done. So they just had to last a little longer and they could get Monath's tail looked at. It helped when Zenobiath sent some reassurance, feeling Monath feel some happiness from it. Also when Cynosuth thanked them, which Monath sent a wave of affection to the other green.

Hang in there, my moon, we are almost done. Then I will give you a good massage for the wonderful job you did,she thought gently to her green. She felt a wave of appreciation from her green, knowing she liked that idea. Hopefully, they could get through the rest of this without any major issues, one could hope so. Just as they were thinking that, a clump of thread got one of their fellow Weyrlings. A cold shiver went through dragon and rider as a cry of despair rang out in the air, before they went between. The pair held their breath, hoping they would come out, doing fine. Unfortunately, Monath's keening joined her siblings and Gyafrith for the fallen blue pair.

No, this isn't fair, Mine. One of my siblings died, I thought we would all make it,her cry came in her rider's mind. Her eyes were grey in grief, for her fallen brother and his rider.

I know, dear heart, I know. However, we have to keep fighting, so they will not die in vain,she soothed. She could feel tears start to fill her eyes, but she knew she had to keep it together.

You are right, Mine, we cannot give up,she agreed. Then she heard a distressed bugle and turned to see Begath and Jynnat disappear from view. She didn't see them come back out and it made worry fill her. No, she couldn't lose another blue brother, she just couldn't. Yes, she had been mad at him for what he did at the hatching, but she didn't want this. Thankfully, she heard Begath assure them they had made it back to the ground. Relief washed over her, she would have to make sure to apologize to him later for being so mad at him. This taught her that the anger was stupid to hold on to, not when she almost lost him today. Then out of the corner of her eye, Thanoth was hit and went between.

There they are, they came back out. They will be...oh no!Demanthra thought, just as she watched the pair begin to plummet. Thankfully, Zenobiath and Alumet had managed to catch them before they crashed. Unfortunately, they did not have time to feel the relief as they noticed a clump of thread coming in their direction. She could feel Monath working on ducking under it and flying out of the way. The green was doing everything she could, but she was growing tired as she weaved. Another clump came at them, courtesy of the wind. The direction it was coming, Demanthra could tell it was going to hit Monath is a vulnerable spot. So she covered her beloved green as best she could with her body, letting out a cry of pain as it wrapped around her right shoulder and arm.

Monath got hit with just a small piece on the top of the wing, her own cry coming out. However, she was quick enough to get them between, not going to lose her rider. She knew her beloved Dee had protected her from getting more badly hurt. Feeling the coldness of between, she knew the thread was frozen off them both. Then she came back out, sensing her rider was in a lot of pain. And her own wings were straining to keep them in the air, but it was a lot effort.

I will be fine, love,Demanthra's voice thought to her dragon, sensing her worry. It took a lot of concentration to even get that much out, but she had to calm her beloved dragon. Then she held on as tightly as she could, sensing Monath starting to tire too much.

Dear sister, I need your help. Mine is injured and I am growing too tired to get down safely,Monath thought to Zenobiath. She couldn't let pride get in the way, not when her rider needed help. Then she began to fall, hoping her sister would get to her in time.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Little sister needs you!

Mx Cherie
In reply to sister's thanks

Current HP: 1/6 (-3)
Round: 3
Roll: 1
RNG: 1

1. You duck! You dodge! You weave!...Right into a wind-tossed clump of thread. It tangles around your pair in a nasty mess! Take 3 damage!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:31 pm
Alumet would have thought that her beloved was indeed tired, and yet as they paced in the air below the Ashlings, she could feel the sense of attention that burned in her Gold. She was ever vigilant now, watching each of her siblings with whirling white and orange eyes. Ah, her anger was unmatched, but she bore it well. Regal and stoic, every inch the Queen, until her Rider called out in alarm. Zenobiath looked up in time to see thread hit Demanthra, one of Hers' few friends in the clutch, and to all but feel the thread that seared the edge of her beloved green sister's wing. A bugle of fear and reassurance, and there was a dark hide streaking towards Monath. She carefully supported the tiny moonlit green, crooning softly to her beloved sister, the one she'd comforted and been with.

My dearest Monath, all will be well. Our healers will look to you and Yours, and MIne and I will help see to what we can. Be safe. As with Thanoth, she left the two on the ground and took off to the Queen's wing again, a new determination in both Rider and Dragon.

Dea and #Teddy#

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:42 am
————ROUND 4 BEGIN!————
Please note for browns this is your final round!

It was a grim reality that not every weyrling made it to graduation. Even before Thread's return, to lose one or two was not unusual, Now, with The Enemy back? To lose just the one would be a triumph on its own. That didn't mean that it was not a sad thing, not a loss. But the blue and rider had died heroes. Heroes that had given the ultimate gift to help preserve their world, and all of Pern. Below V'mel, Aviroth's deep rumbling keen joined that of the weyrlings', a somber knell for the fallen rider. And he had died a rider, in the end.

The call to send the remaining blues and greens back to ground could not come soon enough too. They were the lot of them tired, Aviroth could feel it radiating off them, and their brother's death had caused emotional and physical turmoil. More than one other weyrling looked nearly lost as well. Begath, Thanoth...and Monath too? Quick mental touches from the brown confirmed that, injuries aside, for now at least they all lived. And so the brown sounded the retreat to the other smaller dragons, before twisting to join in closer formation with the remaining few browns and the lone bronze. They too would return to the weyr soon...but not yet. Mature wings did not fold just because of the loss of a rider or two. It was important that they finish their planned duration, and not just because the rough weather meant more thread than usual was making it to their level.

———Current HP Standings———

Zenobiath: 10/10 HP
Aresoth: 6/8 HP
Elzebuth: 4/7 HP
Menankith: 4/7 HP

*Dragon took a recovery round and regained 1HP!

———Color Stats/Roll Charts———

BROWNS
Quote:
  • Browns will fly for FOUR ROUNDS.
  • Browns start with SEVEN HP.
  • Browns will retreat when below THREE HP.
  • Browns will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Brown Rolling Chart
1.Maneuvering is much easier now that the skies aren't crowded, but that also means there's more thread around! You blast a clump from the sky, but another slips your notice and connects, biting and burning!
Take three damage!

2 – 5. Adrenaline's a hell of a thing, and you've lasted this long, but you can tell your reactions are growing sluggish. You move to flame a patch of thread, but the wind shifts...faster than you can, and it's blown right into you! Take two damage!

6 – 12. You turn deftly and sear a strand, but as you shift to eye the next target, you miss that the very end of the clump wasn't caught by your flame. It grazes you as you dart past, a brief but potent pain. Take one damage!

13 – 16. Your wings ache, but you can't stop now. One more clump, one more flame. As long as you keep flapping, you can make it through. Even if your movements have become a bit sloppier, you get the job done.

17 – 19. Knowing that there's still more thread to be killed sustains you to the end, and you more than make up for your siblings' retreats. There's more thread to flame without the blues and greens, but that just means more for you to turn to ash!

20. Without all the chaos up here, it's much easier to see incoming threats. You spot a teammate in danger, but with quick thinking you call out to warn them! Quote a teammate of your choice who took damage in this round to nullify that damage!

BRONZES
Quote:
  • Bronzes will fly for FIVE ROUNDS.
  • Bronzes start with EIGHT HP.
  • Bronzes will retreat when below THREE HP.
  • Bronzes will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Bronze Rolling Chart
1. It's much easier to maneuver now with the air clear of your more deft siblings, but now it's clear just how much thread they were flaming. It's not as intense as it would be in the upper wings, but there's enough that you don't manage to get it all. Despite your best efforts, a huge clump breaks into smaller bits...and several of those bits land right on you! Take three damage!

2 – 5. You pour all your effort into twisting after a falling clump,
knowing only the gold wings are flying lower than you, but you overdo it—you're faster than you thought, it seems!—and you fly right into it before your flame finishes destroying it! Take two damage!

6 – 12. A glancing lick of flame from a teammate catches you off guard, briefly searing an extremity. That smarts! But...better than being threaded, right? Take one damage!

13 – 16. It's a lot more work without the blues and greens to dart after every stray thread, but you find the will to get after it. You know you're gonna be wiped out later, but for now, you're still going strong—even if the air just seems heavier with every flap.

17 – 19. It seems like you've caught a break, a few moments with no thread in sight at all. It feels good to just glide for a moment, before at last a falling clump brings you back into the battle. You scorch it with an almost delighted fury, leaving nothing but ash on the wind.

20. Your watchful eye catches sight of a teammate in trouble, and you cry out, alerting them to the danger before it befalls them! Quote a teammate of your choice who took damage in this round to nullify that damage!

ZENOBIATH
Quote:
  • Zenobiath will fly for FIVE ROUNDS.
  • She will start with TEN HP.
  • She will retreat when below FIVE HP.
  • She will roll a D20 each round.

Quote:
Zenobiath's Rolling Chart
1. The relative calm of the queens' wing is disrupted by a thin band of thread falling into view—someone must have been hurt up above to leave this much intact at once. You turn to help blast it, but having not anticipated there would be so much, you end up flying right into the tangle!
Take three damage!

2 – 3. A few falling clumps make it to your level, and eager to let you get the practice, the other golds hang back somewhat. Or at least,
that had been the plan. You line up your shot just in time to fly right into a huge gout of flame roaring from another rider's flamethrower! Take two damage!

4. Oh no! A dragon from one of the upper wings is falling from the sky! You duck into their path to help catch them, but you weren't expecting them to be so heavy! They land atop you awkwardly and heavily before they roll off and onto the next gold on the way down. Hopefully they'll be okay...! Take one damage!

5 – 9. You feel a sudden burning pain and realize that a lone silver strand slipped through to connect, unseen, with you! It isn't a huge wound, but the sharp bite of thread reminds you to pay more attention. Take one damage!

10 – 14. You twist after a falling thread, line it up, and...click. Click? Click! Click!! At last after some fumbling your flamethrower roars to life. It jolts you somewhat, and you feel sheepish for not being as on top of it as you'd wanted, but at least you got the thread, right?

15 – 18. This far down there's still not a lot of action, but you spy a large patch of thread still falling, and you fall into formation alongside one of your golden peers. Together you reduce it to nothing, and you see the other rider's appraising glance.

19 – 20. Quote a teammate of your choice who took damage in this round to nullify that damage!

For those green and blues who are now out of the game, feel free to keep RPing, either landing and thoughts post-threadfall, or watching your remaining sibs fighting, whatever you'd like. <3

TheWishling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:48 am
18. Tyou spy a large patch of thread still falling, and alongside one of your golden peersm you reduce it to nothing.

There was a sense of relief as she watched her weyrling fgroup go back to the weyr. The blues and greens would get their rest now, and she? She would fly with the Queens still, but her eyes were now on the bronzes and the browns. She noted the gray-orange of her beloved's eyes, frowning slightly. Yes, she could feel Zenobiath's worry, hurt, and anxiety...and yet. Well. There was only so much they could do while flying this low. Instead of focusing on what they couldn't she began to train her eyes skyward. Leaning over her beloved's neck, she tapped the dark gold hide twice. Slipping in with another Queen, Alumet waited.

Soon. Slowly, the thread fell, a huge chunk, and with a nod by the other, she flicked out her flamethrower. In tandem, the two riders blasted the clump to dust, and the approving nod got Alumet to smile. Yes. They were doing well.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Current HP: 10/10

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
BastetAmun rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:49 am
His blue and green siblings safely back at the weyr, Aresoth turned his attention to the fight at hand. He was not done yet, there was still thread that he had to flame. The sky was a lot clearer without their smaller and more agile bodies, but the thread that was left was easier to see as well. Red whirled in flecks in with his eyes, watching the different strands as he flamed, twisting his body as best as he could. It was easier to move without worrying about flying into a quicker siblings flame.

Of course, then the familiar feeling of flame licking his back left leg made the bronze cry out in pain. The pair betweened and then returned with Aresoth looking around for who managed to get him this time. It wasn't a weyrling. An older dragon's flame accidentally got you. While C'ryn's words helped to calm him, Aresoth huffed and bristled some. An older dragon should have been more focused, but he assumed that they were old for a reason and tired easier. You are reaching the dregs of your stamina Aresoth. You aren't fit to be critiquing anyone on being tired. C'ryn's words made the bronze bristle for a moment and the young man chuckled softly, running a hand over his hide. He could feel how his dragon was tiring, not quite exhausted yet, but he was getting there. Luckily, they would be done with this soon, for now at least.

————————————————

HP: 5/8

6 – 12. A glancing lick of flame from a teammate catches you off guard, briefly searing an extremity. That smarts! But...better than being threaded, right? Take one damage!  
TheWishling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:52 am
You feel a sudden burning pain and realize that a lone silver strand slipped through to connect, unseen, with you! It isn't a huge wound, but the sharp bite of thread reminds you to pay more attention. Take one damage!

The thrill of her victories thus far, and the idea that she'd been able to save two of her siblings, filled Alumet's head. Grinning, she gently stroked Zenobiath's neck, "We have this love. No trouble. We're going to-" Her words were cut of by a sharp cry of pain. Zenobiath bugled her confusion and concern, feeling her Rider's hurt and quickly snapping Between. When they came out, Alumet gingerly touched where the Thread had fallen from her, frozen in to nothing. The collar of her shirt was ravaged, a wound burned across her shoulder towards her neck, the skin showing a nice wound. It hurt, badly, but there was work to be done. Clenching her teeth, she shook her head, Don't worry about it, my love. We'll be fine. Just have to pay better attention.

You need to pay better attention. The thread did not hit me, and I would sooner not see you hurt.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Current HP: 9/10

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:07 am
There was a fleeting sense of relief as the remaining blues and greens were recalled and, today at least, would come to no more harm.  Such was not the case for Menankith and his brothers, not yet!  There was work left for them to do before they could join their smaller siblings and get a better sense for what damage had been done to Begath, Monath, Thanoth, and Theirs...but whatever the extent of it, they had not been lost.  The brown clung to that small reassurance as they continued their fight.  His right wing throbbed with the strain of not only remaining aloft, but the necessary twisting and turning required by the battle.  He was fatigued and sore, and he and His both stung from their earlier encounter with a small clump of silver.

There were no nimble clutchmates left to swoop into his line of fire, at least, although without their help, there was now more Thread to be flamed.  He seared a tangle of strands only to catch sight of another and twisted to scorch it, wing muscles protesting the sharp movement - he'd not be making any more of those today.  An unfortunate thing, as the wind chose that moment to change, and the patch of thread he'd had in his sights was blown toward him.  He had no space or time to avoid it, only to twist to keep from being hit in the face.  It caught him near the base of his neck instead and sent him bellowing between.

It was with a low, pained sound that he re-emerged three breaths later, but he did return.  The vicious strands had been frozen away just in time to keep them from eating irreparably deep, but it was without question the end of their first fight.  They were in no shape to continue. We must land, he admitted with some difficulty, We cannot-

Eaten nearly all the way through by Thread - and likely what had kept him alive - the thick connector piece where his neck straps met gave way with a snap.  In moments that felt like an eternity, they and His started to slide, suddenly far less secure.  Gloved hands scrabbled to catch and hold at the neck ridge in front of her as Nadry gave a strangled shriek of alarm.  Even knowing that if she fell, she wouldn't fall, assuming the rest of their straps held, it was a terrifying sensation, and she clung on for dear life as Menankith very carefully took them between and home for a very delicate landing.

[HP: 2/7]  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces