Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:03 am
Ristia couldn't help but smile as she watched the emotions crossing R'gan's face. She remembered how it had been for her and Naeth, the rush and the eclectic mix of feelings and the desire to prove themselves as well as a drive to make the world a better place. "You and Basanuth will do great things together," she assured him and ruffled a hand over his hair.

When he waved at someone else, she smiled at the girl and wondered who she was. "Nadry is it?" she asked. "Ahh, you Impressed one of the browns. Congratulations to you both!"
Druid Tigeress
Meepfur

"Yeah, that's right. Betting." Damn, he should have thought of that. And what had he been about to say? Steal from a what? Eyes moving from one man to the other, Taysen stiffened. Apparently he wasn't getting out of this as easily as he'd hoped. "Right. Sure." Turning his attention from the taller of the two men who had to be a rider of the Weyr to a man who could also be a rider? Who knew. Whoever they were, it was probably best to agree and go along with their ruse. Otherwise Taysen could find himself hauled in front of the Weyrleader being branded a thief. No, thank you.

The sudden voice in his head made him jerk his head up in surprise. Who was getting caught now? Eyeing the man who had first stopped him, he spoke up. "What was it, five marks?" he asked, making a show of digging in his pockets for the money. Mentally, he was cursing himself and wondering if there was a better way to spot a dragon rider than by just guessing. Then again, he was the one picking pockets at a Weyr. Probably not his smartest move, but he hadn't been caught in a few months. He'd allowed himself to get cocky. Stupid.
Andranis
BastetAmun

Z'yden waved as Demanthra left to eat with Monath. He fondly remembered the feast after he'd Impressed Sameth where the blue bullied him into eating as well as snitching bits of meat from his plate. "Ah, yes...I uh. Had a little help deciding whether I should come or not," he said with a wry smile. Sameth was certainly forceful when he wanted to be and the blue was currently catching up with some of his own friends. Which was why he'd talked Z'yden into coming.

"I don't think I have yet, no," he said and smiled. "Lead the way?" He really should make more acquaintances at least, especially in his own Weyr. Finally. Please make some friends. Contrary to popular belief, I do not enjoy bullying you into being social, Sameth sighed into his mind. Not wanting to be left out, Z'yden's miniature bronze Nyss landed on his shoulder with a treat he'd probably begged from someone. Nyss was often annoyed with him her keeping to himself as well.

R'ey and Eleusith made it to the food tables alongside one of the girls and her green. "Demanthra, right?" he asked as he filled a plate. Now that he wasn't just a candidate anymore, R'ey felt that he couldn't keep up his routine of being seen and not heard. He should make friends because he really was staying here. Until his Impression, everything had felt a little nebulous with his mother's death and his being Searched and then finding his father again. But now he felt solid. Like the ground was finally still beneath his feet. Which was funny since in just a few short months, he and Eleusith would be soaring. Well, learning to soar at least.

Eleusith's eyes whirled blue as he crooned to his sister. Having a good time? he asked her. He was incredibly happy that all of his siblings had Impressed (even those non-traditional pairs which he personally did not quite approve of, but it was certainly better than the alternative).
Dea and #Teddy#
tossing R'ey and Eleusith at Demanthra and Monath x3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:11 am
Jacomus also jerked at Kraketh's words, but for an entirely different reason. You of all dragons I would think would be HAPPY if I got caught because then I'd get tied to a Weyr!

Not all Weyrs are Southern, J'musmine, and you're going to need to face your fears one day.

Not today! He turned his glare, meant for Kraketh, into a thoughtful look as he scratched at Marsh's chest. The green flit closed her eyes, stretching out to let out happy chitters and whistles. "No, I'm fairly certain it was twenty marks. Not every hatching a lass Impresses a Brown at High Reaches, after all." Or two hatchlings got into a fight. Now THAT had been a highlight.

Strawberri Stardust
BastetAmun

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 am
If you say it is so, Fenrith, I trust you. He would not necessarily have believed just any other dragon, but coming from a brown who shared his unconventional taste in bonded and so readily offered support, he saw no reason not to take his words as anything other than truth. With the promise from His that she would go back for seconds later and not be hungry, and reassurance from Fenrith that no one would impose stupid food rules upon her again, Menankith was placated, and happier colors returned to his eyes as he returned to his rider, nudging his head under her hand. I will make sure that she takes enough for herself, but not too much. I've not had a sour belly yet, but I don't think I want one. And, of course, he didn't want His to have one either.

Nadry's shy smile lightened and widened at Illa's sweeping bow, a dashing gesture most suited to the imposing woman. "Yes, he really is something. I could tell when I touched his shell, it was...overwhelming." But perfect, so perfect. She gazed down at him now that he'd returned, stroking down the side of his head until her hand curved under the base of his jaw and stayed there. "What is he like, V'mel?"

Candidates talked, of course, so there were all sorts of tales and possible exaggerations. If Illa had gone through Weyrlinghood at High Reaches, she would know, and maybe be able to give her an idea of what to expect, especially as what the Weyr considered an anomaly. But now there was one more of them in this 'select group,' as Illa put it. "We give you hope?" That was a daunting thought, but one she desperately wanted to live up to. "We'll do our best to live up to it."

We will live up to it,, Menankith told her with confidence. He had promised her they would be heroes, and that was exactly what they would be.

If she is still hungry later like Mine, we will make sure they have more!
he agreed with Aurinkoth. Perhaps we could balance it on our wings? MyNadry said she does not want food if it has been in our mouths.

Then came R'gan and - yes, his other, she remembered he mentioned that his mother was a bluerider, and she smiled for them too, offering the same curtsy she had to Illa. "Oh, R'gan, hello again!" She'd been in a less than fully lucid state when they'd first met, nevermind the state of how she'd looked, so it felt a bit like she was only just now meeting him properly, and this time habitual courtesy was much faster to kick in. "Have you met Illa, of Fenrith?"

"Thank you," she replied to the bluerider with a polite dip of her head. Perhaps her new friend was right, and they would have a larger support system available to them than they'd anticipated. "I'm Nadry, yes. Of Menankith." It felt good to say that. "Pleased to meet you."

Basanuth, Menankith acknowledged, glad to be in proximity to his brother and ally once more.

Fated Fable

demon_pachabel

DruidTigeress

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am
A'dras and Gareth

He remained silent as he watched the two of them. His eyes were still narrowed but he kept the rest of his body language open, to an extent, he didn't cross his arms over his chest.

The other dragon's voice was in his head again and once more A'dras didn't let on that he heard it. Gareth, perhaps check on that other dragon. The bronze took to wing, listening to his rider and moving to where the other had gone to the lake. He landed nearby, watching Kraketh for a moment before speaking. Some can be completely stubborn. I know I have trouble with mine as well. Gareth did recognize this dragon from Uridith's flight, he had done very well to keep up with them, but like the brown he had seen as well, he was not part of the weyr.

"Twenty marks then. Once it's been handed over, you are free to go." There was something about the man that was bugging A'dras but he wasn't going to cause a scene, he would keep an eye on him as long as he could continue to see him. Perhaps mention to one of the weyrleaders what he thought, but in A'dras mind as long as the man didn't cause any problems there was no reason to keep him here.

Andranis

Starberri Stardust

------------------------------------------------------------------------
C'ryn and Aresoth

Cynosuth's sweet voice got a coo of a trill from Aresoth. He was glad his sister was better, being called a good brother helped to stroke his ego as well. Her statement about C'ryn made him nod his head before answering. C'ryn was misguided but he would never have turned me away. He had faith in that. While, yes he had worried about it when C'ryn had showed so much interest in Elzebuth there had always been the faith that his C'ryn would not rebuke him.

C'ryn felt the exchange between Cynosuth and Aresoth and while he felt the guilt begin anew from his actions at the touching, the faith Aresoth had felt towards him made all of that disappear. He smiled down at the bronze as he stoked his head, receiving a happy sound from him.

He had finished eating what he wanted, for now, so C'ryn was letting his eyes move over the crowds, looking for his friends. A smile crossed his lips as he noticed Cami and he stood up, looking down at Aresoth. "Come on."

The pair arrived where she was with some of the other candidates, just in time to hear her ask if they were allowed to eat this. "Well, it is a feast, not partaking in it will lead to a lot of waste." He smiled as he spoke, though he felt a little worry deep down, would she want to see him? Would she be upset he had impressed while she had not? He hoped that he was still friends with those who remained candidates.

FatedFable

DruidTigeress

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:40 am
It would be quite the sight to see! Plates on wings of dragons! Aurinkoth agreed easily with Menakith on the notion before he looked back up to his. His eyes fixated on the fruit she peeled, watching as she ate it with purple flecking his eyes. His small morsels had been delicious, after all. Did his enjoy it as well? The wave of enjoyment surged through her, and Ichta found, for the first time in her life, that truly, fruit had never tasted as good as it did in that moment.

Trying to share your love with me? she teased the blue and Aurinkoth's eyes whirled contently. My love of you, yes. he thrummed, leaning his head against her side as the fruit was consumed. He could feel the emptiness inside of her ebbing away, and it made his own stomach feel less eager to eat more than he'd already had.

Still, Ichta found herself scanning the group of people, as if seeking out a particular face she hadn't seen yet that evening. Had he...not come because he was going to feel out of place? She frowned and Aurinkoth knew that simply couldn't be. Elzebuth! Mine wishes to celebrate this good day with yours! he called out. Why, there was no reason to frown! All it took was a little work to make the good times!

Meepfur

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:01 pm
As the feast got underway, Z'rik leaned against one of the tables towards the edge, keeping a careful watch over the new weyrlings. Hatching feasts never really put him in the mood for celebration. He preferred graduation feasts, with as many of the original weyrlings alive as possible, and no longer his problem. His own hatching day had been a bittersweet affair. And, of course, he never went to the feast. They say impression is supposed to be the happiest moment in a rider's life. His was more a delirium. He was happy, obviously, but also largely unconscious..

No one was badly hurt. That's what matters most. Azmodioth reassured him. And even if they were, they would have them through it, he had no doubt. The large bronze bent his neck towards his rider, eyes whirring with curious amusement. So what was the happiest moment of your life? he asked.
"Probably waking up and realizing you were still there." Z'rik chuckled wryly.

He sat up a little as he spotted Ashlyn moving towards him. Unwinding his arm from where it was tucked underneath his elbow, he lifted his hand in greeting. "Ah. Hey, Ashlyn. Looks like we're going to have our hands full this time." he said, watching several of the new hatchlings run darting around the feast. He looked back at her with a silly grin. "Well, you and V'mel will. I'll just have a handful."

He could feel the bronze behind him tense naturally as the pair drew nearer, leveling a suspicious gaze at the two riders. He had more or less grown accustomed to Ashlyn and Gyafrith by now, but this other was someone he didn't know. A blue rider.. Z'rik caught, from an echo of a hiss in Azmodioth's mind. Z'rik, meanwhile, looked at the man with mild interest more than mistrust. "Hello.." he started, waiting for Ashlyn to introduce them.

Dea and #Teddy#
Wallflowers, unite! xD

Strawberri Stardust
Wallflowers, unite! xD

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Teiha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm
“Then Dori it is.” Karone’s eyebrows rose in surprise. “Only one turn? I’d have expected you’ve been here longer, maybe even raised here, by your understanding of things. I’ve been here about five sevendays short of you.”

Feeling thirsty, he took his cup and sipped. He grimaced at the taste. Being distracted by the conversation, he’d forgotten what was in it. Oh well. One swig wouldn’t hurt. He sighed again and leaned back in his seat. “I was Searched after the first Threadfall. We never saw it coming. There wasn’t much left at home when the Searchriders came, so I made the obvious choice.” He glanced at Dorianus, seemingly awaiting his experience of being searched. He didn’t hold the look long, not wanting to pressure the other man, and idly took another mouthful of drink.

Whoops.

”BastetAmun”

-----------------

One thing Kratoth appreciated about his chosen was that he tended to think in very detailed pictures. The brown pulled what seemed to be Le’x’s defining image of his friend, and sent it to Macuith. It was a rather idealistic representation, the copper color of Karone’s hair as lustrous as a bronze’s hide, his size petite and pretty as a green, his limbs as limber and flowing as a gold’s long, powerful tail. Perhaps Kratoth’s dragonish perception skewed the picture a little, but he thought it made him rather beautiful, for a man.

Hearing of C’lusi’s struggles cheered Le’x considerably. Six attempts before Impressing… he hoped it wouldn’t be that long for his cousin, but now that he had Kratoth, he knew it was worth the wait and felt certain that it would happen for Karone someday. “You’re right… I shouldn’t be so worried.” It was a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, after all. He nodded, suddenly aware that his stomach agreed wholeheartedly with C’lusi’s suggestion they get some food. Had he even eaten at all today? He could barely remember what happened that morning before Kratoth came into the picture. “Yes, let’s eat. It’s been ages since I’ve had a bubbly pie. Kratoth…?”

The brown gave his blue brother a conspiring look before following his rider toward the buffet tables, keeping his head high, watching for someone who matched the somewhat distorted portrait of Karone he’d embraced. If Le’x wasn’t going to be decisive about this, Kratoth would do his best to help him commit to a choice, one way or another.

Food was not an area in which Le’x had any difficulty in making choices. He piled meat pies and bubbly pies of every flavor on his plate. He adored pies. With the plate in one hand and a mug of hot soup in the other, plus a second mug full of klah balanced in the crook of an elbow, Le’x carefully made his way toward an empty seat, making sure there was a second one for C’lusi if he wanted to join him.

”Masterharper”
*gleeful cackle* Coming to Pern this summer, it’s a new chick flick starring C’lusi and Le’x, complete with a grand makeover montage!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:47 pm
Ah, Cynosuth. It rankled slightly, that he had not been greeted first, and his eyes began to fleck with orange to reflect his irritation. Aurinkoth was here before you. G'ran reminded him, and after tilting his head as though to better consider that thought, Elzebuth relaxed. Hello, Cynosuth. He offered, allowing warmth to color his words and envelop the delicate green. So many have come to admire us and Ours, as they should. Oh, yes, it was certainly a pleasing thought. Ah, and here was Aurinkoth, greeting him as well.

Naturally. He thought back at his sibling, but it was true. Though Elzebuth had slept after such a delicious meal, G'ran had been too overwhelmed to rest. He would have to bully His to sleep soon... after they had gotten the attention they deserved. And, in his case, craved.

Not even after he'd had such a thought did Thanoth arrive, triumphantly holding something in her jaws. G'ran blinked down at the green, especially he felt such a rush of pleasure coming from his large brown. Tubers? He questioned, reaching out to delicately take the offering from her. Hm! It was meat but.... strange? Not nearly as good as what they'd been fed before!

"That's because it's for people. It's cooked." G'ran snorted, amused at Elzebuth's disdain. They should have left it raw! Did they not think to ask us? And at our own feast! Elzebuth snorted right back, but his eyes were whirling merrily as he focused on Thanoth once more. Perhaps they have better things on the tables, yes? We ought to investigate. And undoubtedly make some trouble.

The greens' rider was approaching, his arms full of food, and G'ran felt his own stomach rumble in protest at his lack of attention towards it. He shifted slightly, used to being stared at, and definitely not in a good way.... but being grinned at so suddenly was enough to dash through his immediately defensive reaction.

"Guess so." He shrugged awkwardly, glancing down at himself. "Just kept growin'." He held out a large hand to shake, managing to smile a little. "V'tre does sound better." He agreed after a moment of mulling it over. "I'm G'ran. And he's Elzebuth." He nodded at the brown, who was very focused on his green sister. For a moment, he was distracted, simply staring at the dragonet with an uncharacteristically tender expression on such a harsh face. "Hard to believe their ours." He murmured, his voice soft.

Of course she does. We will be there. Elzebuth responded to his brother, eyes whirling. Come, Thanoth. Aurinkoth wishes for us to visit. Raiding the tables should be a fun game for him. For them all, really! G'ranmine, Aurinkoth's wishes to see you.

The big man stiffened with recognition, lifting his head to search for Ichta. "....We should go eat with the other Weyrlings." He looked at V'tre, silently offering for the boy to come with. They were all going to be working together from now on, weren't they? But first--

He moved towards the table, unable to help himself from loading up his plate. Soup, cooked meats, cheeses, and tubers.... The ability to eat all he wanted was still something that shocked him to the core, and after so many years of never being quite full... well, he could put away an impressive amount. After hesitating, he reached up to take two of the sweet looking pies, not quite sure what they were. Pie? Elzebuth queried, tying to poke his head over the side of the table to see. "Yes, pie. It'll make you sick." G'ran affectionately nudged the dragon with his knee, and Elzebuth grumbled to himself.

G'ran purposefully made his way closer to Ichta, not at all ashamed of how full his plate was. "Hi." He grunted, hesitating a moment before he offered her one of the pies and took a seat. Elzebuth was curiously standing up on his hing legs, his front claws delicately placed on the bench so he could peer at all the food...

Fated Fable

demon_pachabel

ShinosBee
COME V'TRE, TO AWKWARDNESS!

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:16 pm
Demanthra/Monath and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

Demanthra had just grabbed a plate, when she heard someone say her name. She turned to see it was one of her fellow Weyrlings and she nodded her head in reply to him. He may have been one of the quieter ones of their group, but she knew the names of her fellow former candidates. Course, she would have to learn what he had shortened it to. She put some meat onto her plate and some fruit, along with some of the bubbly pies, while paying attention to the other.

"Yes, it is nice to officially meet you. I know what your name used to be, but what did you decide to change it to?"she asked with a smile.

Hello Eleusith, it is soo good to see you. Yes, this feast is wonderful, all of this attention on all of us. How are you and Your's doing?Monath asked brightly to her brother.

Ashlyn nodded her head understandingly when Z'yden admitted that he had had help with deciding on coming. She had a feeling that another persistent blue might have been the push her friend had needed. When he admitted that he had not met Z'rik yet, she smiled softly that that. She headed in the direction she saw her fellow Weyrlingmaster's assistant, leaning against one of the side tables. She waved as they got close enough, before they were finally within earshot. At his comment about them having their hands full, she grinned softly at his joke.

"Yes, this shall be a very interesting batch indeed. Considering what I heard happened at the touching and we saw at the hatching, it is quite a group. However, you know what V'mel would tell us, it isn't any worse than any other group. Anyway, Z'rik, I would like you to meet my friend, Z'yden of blue Sameth. Z'yden, this is Z'rik of Bronze Azmodioth,"she introduced the two men.

Finally, you two are making friends...I am so proud of you,Gyafrith gushed in her mind, causing Ashlyn to roll her eyes.

DruidTigeress
Yes, wallflowers unite indeed lol

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:38 pm
BastetAmun

Cami turned when a familiar voice answered her question. "Are you sure? It seems awfully... extravagant." she said, still uncertain. But with a small twitch of a smile, she picked up several unidentified objects from a tray of fruits, many of which she had never seen before. The meat-driven diet they had on the road rarely gave her an opportunity to eat fruit. And she did love trying new things!

She turned to her friend, whose name she realized she no longer knew, and her eyes, of course, turned naturally to the small bronze by his side. "Hello." she said with a smile. She remembered meeting this one's egg. Who'd so rebelled against the idea of being likened to a feline. But it was sweet to her nonetheless. "How handsome." she muttered, fondly.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:50 pm
V'tre and Thanoth

Thanoth passed off the treat with a swift nuzzle of her pointed green snout along Elzebuth's stronger jaw, her laughter bright like tumbling gems somewhere just below his headknob. I know! Such a pity. We'll have to be rid of them all, find all new food-humans to tease and tempt our most discerning tongues. She could certainly imagine her brother climbing right on up to see what was what and get himself into trouble. She was more than happy to encourage it as well, if not partake herself. What could they do anyway? Scold them? How dreadful! They couldn't take away her V'tre, and that was the only thing she'd really care to lose anyway. May as well do exactly as they liked!

As Elzebuth went along with his G'ran to get himself food, Thanoth went too. She was constantly in contact with the brown as they went, seeming to twist and twine around him (and once somehow sliding beneath to slither back up to rub against his other side) with delight, but enough grace to trip neither of them up somehow. Remind Aurinkoth to try the tubers, Elze-dear. Perhaps his more unusual tastes will incline him towards them, hmm? The little green's were positively twirling with delight at the little joke she was having. Poor Aurinkoth might have a stomach ache the next day, especially if his rider did feed him a real tuber, but...

V'tre meanwhile was enraptured with the giant of a man—boy?—man, he decided. G'ran was far too large to be a boy. Himself still firmly at the 5' mark and still awaiting his first real growth spurt, he could only dream of one day being so tall and strong. Perhaps being a rider would help with that, he realized, and then Nebbi wouldn't even recognize him! He awkwardly shifted the overflowing bowl into one arm and took G'ran's hand, shaking vigorously despite the fact that his hand would have more or less vanished in the older lad's clutches. "V'tre, like I said. Yeah, I think I will go with that one. And she's Thanoth. I guess they know each other? She was watching him before, when he got patched up. I don't thinks he was worried, but she wasn't...not worried? I don't really know how it works yet, sorry!"

The more at ease he felt, the more his talkative, social side was coming forth. This was...this was great! The other weyrlings were just really swell guys so far, and with his mind off his family...! He too trailed after G'ran and Elzebuth and Thanoth, back towards the feast tables, and spotting G'ran helping himself to two pies, the younger fellow not-so-subtly managed to slide a second one into his bowl too. It threatened to overflow properly but with it in both hands he managed. And then back they went, V'tre essentially swimming in his wake as the larger man parted the crowd with ease.

...And plonked himself down with a huge grin, right between G'ran and Ichta, immediately setting about shoveling a few strips of meat into his mouth, and then turning to offer the same handshake to the girl now immediately next to him. "Sorry, hi! I'm V'tre! Your dragon's..."

Aurinkoth.

"Yeah, yours is Aurinkoth, right? Thanoth's mine! She found me all the way up the stands! I was really surprised...I bet you guys were too though, huh?" He went on and on, pausing now and then to inhale more food with all the alacrity of the young and growing, and utterly oblivious to the fact that he'd just intruded on anything at all.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:58 pm
Taysen

Taysen lifted his eyes to the man in a glare before counting out twenty marks to hand over. "There. Care to call off your guard-flit?" he asked sarcastically. "I'd really like to get something to eat before the new weyrlings and their dragons eat it all." Doing his best to look the impatient and disgruntled youth, Taysen bounced lightly on the balls of his feet.

Ristia & Naeth

"Ristia," she said, "of Naeth. And I'm pleased to meet you as well." Turning to the older of the lady brown riders, she smiled and held a hand out to Illa. "I don't think we've met officially but I've certainly heard of you," she grinned.

R'ey & Eleusith

He smiled a little, pleased he'd gotten her name correct. All the names of his fellow candidates were rattling around in his head but he was terrible at putting those names to faces. "R'ey," he told her. "Not much different, really," he said with a short laugh as he started filling his plate. "It doesn't quite seem real yet, does it?" he asked her quietly, then smiled as he felt waves of love from Eleusith. If nothing else, at least he knew he was loved by his dragon.

Eleusith could do without so much attention, but he didn't say that. He didn't want to dim Monath's joy at being so fawned over. Wonderfully! Or would be if Mine would eat, the little blue directed that thought at both his sister and his rider. How are you and Yours?

Z'yden & Sameth

As Ashlyn led him to her fellow assistant, Z'yden was fairly sure the other man was the kind of man who was suspicious of everyone and everything. Give him a chance. It's not like you're any better. Z'yden made a split-second face at the implications his dragon was making. "Pleased to meet you, Z'rik," the blue rider said after introductions had been made, offering his hand to the other man. He glanced at Ashlyn and caught the eye roll she made. "Gyafrith?" he asked, wondering if her blue was giving her the same crap Sameth had been giving him.

You two are lucky to have us, Sameth said and preened. Else you'd never have any friends. He gave the draconic equivalent of a laugh, then snorted as though offended when Z'yden made the comparison between the two blues and a pair of meddling grandmothers.

Sorry for the crap tags x3;;
Andranis
Bastet Amun
Meepfur
Fated Fable
Druid Tigeress
yes, wallflowers unite xDD Hey, someone had to hold up the wall uwu -shot-
Dea and #Teddy#

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:15 pm
Surfacing from below the lake's waters, Kraketh looked around. His multifaceted eyes whirled shades of green and blue, before he looked over at Gareth. Oh, he remembered that dragon! They'd both chased Uridith when she Rose! Shaking water from his great head, the spotted bronze climbed from the lake and spread his wings out. Was I projecting to everybody? Oh dear. He blinked a moment, looking about, then focused more on Gareth. J'masmine is just scared. Not of being caught, but trapped. He let out a snort. His brothers ride Browns and Blues, his sisters that did Impress Greens. J'masmine has me, and he felt pressure. Kraketh looked away for a moment, face hiding in his wing. I felt pressure, so when I was mature, we ran from Southern Weyr, because his family expected me to catch the senior Queen, and I didn't want that, because I didn't like any of the Queens at Southern. But I like being without a Weyr even less and would stomach a Queen I don't like if it means J'musmine remains at a Weyr and becomes a proper Rider again. The spotted bronze inhaled deeply, before letting out a large sigh, blinking at his fellow dragon. His eyes, by now, whirled in shades of yellow tinged with ornage and small bits of red.

There was a smugness in Jacomus' eyes as he accepted the marks back. Really, when he'd entered the Weyr, he'd only had five, but the brat had to be punished, hadn't he? "Thank you, lad. A pleasure doing business with you." If he'd had a hat, he would have tipped it. "Come on, Fish, off his shoulder, before... Before..." Slowly, Jacomus leaned back and looked in the general direction of the lake. He could hear Kraketh talking to somebody, but not who it was he spoke to. Was he projecting to the whole Weyr again? Kraketh shut your mouth, or whatever aproximation of one you have to one, please, before you say something I'LL wind up regretting. On Taysen's shoulder, Fish looked up, eyes whirling yellow and orange for a moment. He let out a chitter, before unwrapping his tail and falling off to glide away - A trick he'd been taught by Jacomus, who usually lacked any kind of shoulder guard to stop firelizard claws from scratching his shoulders.

Like what? That you're a-- Oh. Forget I started to say anything about that. Kraketh gave as close an approximation as he physically could to clearing his throat, before finally consciously shutting out everybody else from what he was saying.

BastetAmun

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:25 am
Strawberri Stardust

Dea and #Teddy#

I don't like him. You should tell him to leave. Azmodioth said as the two riders approached.
You don't like anyone. Z'rik chuckled.
That's not true. The other may remain.
The other? You mean Gyafrith's? Z'rik needled him, since he still wouldn't say the name.
Yes. Gyafrith's. Azmodioth finally grumbled. He hated to admit it, but he supposed not every blue was as mean and nasty as the one who hurt his rider.

Z'rik grinned at Ashlyn's response. That did sound like V'mel. "Yeah, you say that, but..." Looking back across the feast, his eyes wandered from the excitable green to the brown and bronze that had been fighting early. I wonder... he thought to himself. He looked back at the two riders as Ashlyn began to speak again, introducing them. "And you Z'yden." he said with nod, but as his eyes dropped to the offered hand, his face fell. "Ah.." Now he was faced with that difficult choice.. Should he go for the awkward left-to-right-hand handshake, or risk appearing rude by refusing? He glanced at the wooden hand that was sitting on the other side of the table next to him, wishing he hadn't taken it off earlier.

Told you.
It's a compliment, Az. He didn't even notice it. Z'rik said. And he preferred that to the gawking indecision he was often met with. When he was feeling really devilish, he would just offer someone his prosthetic (particularly the hooked or metal ones) and watch the shock or confusion range across their face. But this was Ashlyn's friend, so he would try to be nice.

Instead, he lifted his shoulder apologetically. "People say I have a very stiff handshake. Not everyone likes it." he joked. "But, if you'd prefer, just give me a minute to put my arm back on, and we can try that again."

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:08 am
Friends are coming, Ichtamine. Aurinkoth beamed at his, shifting and keeling in excitement as his brother, and sister it seemed as well, approached. Thanoth! You have come to join us as well! Let me look at yours! I am sure he is perfect as mine is, though none could ever be as perfect and wonderful as his Ichta, He practically radiated excitement. Excitement which easily overtook his bonded as she caught the familiar face approaching.

Whether it was her own feelings or Aurinkoth's influence, the young woman smiled as G'ran approached. "Hello," she greeted, hoping she didn't look too transfixed as she accepted the offered pie. If there were any thoughts on his plate, Ichta kept them to herself. Well, as much as 'to herself' as anything could be when her mental space was now shared by an excited blue, who rose to join his siblings when V'tre sat down.

"It's nice to meet you, V'tre," Ichta greeted with a respectful bow of her head as she took the young man's hand, then looked down at Thanoth, "and you as well, Thanoth," she added with another bow of the head. "It sounds like you had more surprise than either of us. Or perhaps a different kind of it. I'm happy for you. They say the dragons know and that's why they choose."

Of course I knew, Aurinkoth sounded very pleased with this fact as he bumped his head first against Elzebuth's (because really, if he didn't greet his brother first, he probably would have been a little disappointed), then against Thanoth's. we all knew! It would have made no sense to make ours guess when we already knew! As Elzebuth looked up on the table, Aurinkoth thrummed at him, There is something up there called fruit. It was delicious.

Almost as if influenced by the blue, Ichta found herself taking another piece of fruit. It would be the third one she'd eaten despite not finishing much else on her plate.

Tsunake

Shinosbee

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas