Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:51 pm
"Oh no, not the children." He gasped dramatically, a playful smile touching his lips then he shuddered. "Thanks for the warning, that's the last thing I need." The statement was plain, he had zero interest in 'gossiping hens' in fact he hadn't had any interest in anyone, until recently - very recently. "I definitely don't need that kind of drama in my life." He mused out loud.

"Hey!" He bellowed, portraying a thoroughly disgruntled look that was clearly sarcastic. "I think I'd make a damn fine lioness, have you seen this fur? These hips and this sass?" Mti followed suit with dramatic movements and flair to accentuate each part he was pointing out. "They'd be head over paws in love with me by the time I was done with them." The playful smile turned into a broad grin at his own joke.

His own ears snapped back at her apology. "No. I'm sorry." His voice was a shell of it's former excitement and light as he spoke the apology, yet it was genuine. "There has just been so much chatter that I naturally want to protect and preserve what dignity we have left." Those were part of his duty as a Fin`Tuz, the pride would always come first, no matter what happened or who came along. Once he had said his piece he was able to relax a small amount, but still felt a little on edge at the reminder that she was an outlander, not someone he'd grown up with or grew up within the walls or even outside for that matter

She blushed.

He blushed.

Then he said a silent 'thank you' when she changed the subject, though it didn't change that darn much in his opinion - though it took him a moment to catch on to her suggestive statement. "Wait.. what?!" Pale eyes opened wide and his brows raised to show a full expression of shock at her question. "You.. I mean.. I.. UHM." He inhaled deeply and exhaled before responding very simply and trying to muster up as much pride as he could manage. "Yes." It was simple, lacked definition (as to which question he was answering) and all his pausing allowed for them to get little further in their jaunt.

"Your nose is cute when you wrinkle it." Mti taunted. "Me.. carry you? Dream on." In those words he realized that though he had met her just today he felt like she was an old friend that had just been gone for a while.

"Hey, Yawo and company - I have an alchemist that would like to meet you and offer some assistance if you'd like it? This is Poseida." He introduced his small companion with a paw extended as though she were on display.

Pollack

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:24 am
Runa nodded slightly as she gathered up what she had found carefully in her mouth. Hopefully they wouldn't need much more of this plant in the future other than for healing those that had also eaten the dangerous vegetation, but it was always better to be safe than sorry.

She jerked her head back in the direction they had come from, indicating she was going to return what she had found. She gave her sister a little grin before turning and heading off, tail swishing in her wake. She was fairly proud of what she had found in such a short time and she was sure there was more to be had. For now, though, she needed to drop off what she had picked up in order to carry more again later.

AstoriaFallen
Last post from me!

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 7 ... 5!

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:46 pm
User Image

Find those herbs!

Zingling
User Image

Pollack
User Image

Epee: 10, 6, 2, 0, 6, = 24
Syr: 6, 4, 0, 0, 6, = 16
Lutz: 6, 0, 4, = 10
Tori: 10, 10, 0, 4, 0 =24
Polly: 10, 4, 0, 6, 6, 10, 0 =36
Pepper: 0, 2 =2
Zing: 0, 0, 4, =4
Kimi: 4, 6, 2, 6, =18
Ander: 6, =6

1. Epine de Rose
  2. Syrius Lionwing
  3. AstoriaFallen
  4. Kimaria
  5. Zingling
  6. Peppermint Coffee
  7. Anderleit

Note: Today is the end of our Meta for Dov - this doesn't mean that you cannot continue to post it just means that the contest will be rolled today and the plot will move forward. <3 I'll close things out in character in the next couple days.

Raffle Note: The list above is posted in order by appearance. <3

Epine de Rose

Pollack

Syrius Lionwing

Silverlutz

AstoriaFallen

Peppermint Coffee

Zingling

[quote="Kimaria]
Anderleit

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 6 ... 3!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:55 am
Abominable Greenie
User Image

Find those herbs!

AstoriaFallen
User Image

Pollack
User Image

Epee: 10, 6, 2, 0, 6, = 24
Syr: 6, 4, 0, 0, 6, = 16
Lutz: 6, 0, 4, = 10
Tori: 10, 10, 0, 4, 0 =24
Polly: 10, 4, 0, 6, 6, 10, 0 =36
Pepper: 0, 2 =2
Zing: 0, 0, 4, =4
Kimi: 4, 6, 2, 6, =18
Ander: 6, =6

1. Epine de Rose
  2. Syrius Lionwing
  3. AstoriaFallen
  4. Kimaria
  5. Peppermint Coffee
  6. Anderleit

Note: Today is the end of our Meta for Dov - this doesn't mean that you cannot continue to post it just means that the contest will be rolled today and the plot will move forward. <3 I'll close things out in character in the next couple days.

Raffle Note: The list above is posted in order by appearance. <3

Zing forgot to mention to keep her out of the raffle as well, so rerolling. <3

1. Epine de Rose
  2. Syrius Lionwing
  3. AstoriaFallen
  4. Kimaria
  5. Peppermint Coffee
  6. Anderleit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:44 am
"You are aware that generally speaking, one cannot appeal to the heart of another when they don't personally know what they want as well?" Destati pursed his lips and smiled somewhat weakly at Zili. He was most assuredly the worst person for romance advice, but he had heard several discussions in his time as Justicar that he had at least absorbed. One in particular seemed appropriate in this given situation, particularly when it had come from the mouth of a noble lioness who had been rather blunt in her rejection of the poor lion he had overheard.

"If you are unable to be happy on your own, have no goals of your own," he shook his head. "You place an incredible amount of pressure on the other individual - worse, you have no identity that they can see," he closed his eyes briefly and sighed. "You are nothing more than a shadow if you are unable to find happiness on your own, to have aspirations of your own," he shrugged loosely.

"Perhaps, when you find some of those answers, you will be someone she turns towards and regards with renewed interest," he mused. "It is often difficult to see another when they are mere ghosts without any light in their eyes," he murmured. "If they have a glow about them, even if it might be inspired by something silly, they unintentionally draw the attention of others..."

He tilted his head to the side and chuckled and his own subordinate.

"Your love interest has a natural curiosity and on this occasion it seems my unfortunate subordinate is subject to it," he observed. "Give her something to be curious about when it comes to you as well..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am not a Justicar," Adar'malik responded, electing to ignore the rest of her observations regarding his demeanour. He'd had more than his fair share of remarks thrown at him when it came to that, he wasn't meant to be the diplomatic one, that was most definitely reserved for Gideon. That being said, Adar did have to wonder why he always seemed to end up attracting the attention of lionesses who just wouldn't leave him alone, who asked so many questions...and on this occasion it didn't seem that his superior was going to help him either!

"The spotted lion beside your love interest, however, is." Adar stated.

Zili may have implored Destati not to blow his cover, but the assassin had never been given such instructions by his superior when he had been briefed (like the others in the collective) as to who several individuals were. Consequently, he lacked the tact required to ensure that the lioness never found out about the inclination Zili might have had towards her.

"If you have questions, then might I suggest you direct them to him," he continued. "If he seems it necessary, he will brief you." he finished.

He was a realist though, somehow he doubted that the lioness was going to follow-up on that lead any time soon!

Kimaria

Zephyr meanwhile, could only give Yawo a nod as the Hlare indicated that she now understood exactly what was being asked of her. It added a certain amount of pressure, and an additional challenge, to realise that there would be no sanctuary beyond the Dov borders. As much as the Bahari would love to assist and save as many as they could, it would have been completely unreasonable to assume that they would have the capacity to support and entire sick pride.

Depending on how the Dov recovered, Yawo would have to make several tough decisions that would make or break her as a Hlare. It would be good for her in the long run and Zephyr knew this, it would ensure Yawo knew that this was the role she wished to have, or she would be able to re-evaluate and find one more suited to her.

Either way, while Zephyr might be a tough critical of the Dov's sensibilities for the time being, she did hope that they recovered for most part and did learn from their mistakes!

"One would think," she finished and with that took a number of steps back. "I will leave you to your work and return to my own, it seems we are both operating on borrowed time and it would be best not to keep you," she added and began to make her way back towards the borders of the pride...

Abominable Greenie
This should free you up to move Yawo so Malphas can do some bits and bobs!

Tethys: 5 | Suu'marle: 5 | Havase: 5 | Zephyr: 5 | Destati: 5 | Adar: 5

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:00 pm
Destati might not have considered himself an expert on these matters and yet it seemed - at that particular moment - he had said exactly the right thing. Zili had never known who he was, except that he needed to keep away from people. Maybe it was this solitude and awkwardness that had drawn her curiosity to begin with and, once she had unravelled the truth of it, had moved on.

And who was he, really?

He felt both revelation and despair at it. For, yes, what had been said was truth and now...now he had to do something about it. "Thank you," the word was spoken softly - perhaps even sadly - and yet he meant it. This lion had given so much to him and he was still doing so.

"I will try to find those answers." And he would, with all of his heart.

---

Xochipepe gave pause as the dark lion spoke, turning her head to look as if to confirm what he was saying. Love interest? Zili? She blinked slowly, considered it, then shook her head as if struggling to understand where that particular comment had come from. Still, deciding to shrug it off (there were far more interesting things to talk about, after all) she continued after him and likely would until she pushed her luck too far!

"I'll find him later," she assured him with a grin, "but I'll keep an eye on you for now. Just in case you are planning to cause trouble."

She laughed teasingly and would, indeed, stick close until the enjoyment died.

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

Pollack

Fashionable Mage

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:41 pm

She stopped dead in her tracks at his complement. Her head craning to look over her shoulder as she shot him a bewildered look, complete with a serious of rapid blinks to boot! "I uh...thank you, I guess?" Why on earth would he find her annoyed face cute!? Most in her caravan knew by now to steer clear of the grumpy alchemist when she had stepped up from her normal resting b***h face to annoyed sneer.

Men, ugh! They were such weird creatures.

With a quick shake of her head Poseida set back off on her course. "I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, I think you could have quite the change of careers doing piggy-back rides for cubs and midgets alike."

Their mood quickly sobered up the moment that they came into contact with the group. She waited for Mti to catch up to her side and introduce everyone to each other before clearing her throat, bringing the attention down to her level. "Good afternoon. As Mti said I'm Poseida, I'm an alchemist as well. I just was coming to investage for my caravan what exactly all the hubbub going on up here was about and well...I would like the lend my aid in any way I can to the cause. Again, only if you'd like it of course."

Malphas let out frustrated groan as he pushed aside the concoction he had previously been grinding into a fine powder. It wasn't something radical or new by any means, but it would give some pain relief to the patients. Problem is he couldn't complete it as it was now! Damn it, he knew he was missing something when he started this, he just couldn't remember it was a very important binder for this particular mix! He wouldn't be able to do a thing with it until he went out and gathered some more of the herb to make the binder.

Alas, that there is where the root of the issue lay. He couldn't just go out to garden at a drop of the hat, no matter what there needed to be a trained medic here to tend to the emergencies as the symptoms of the poison slowly worked to affect the victims in it's own way.

But that did bring up the question on what was taking Yawo so long? She should have been back by now to switch out with him.

He ran a paw through his already messy mane before rising to his feet. Hm, he needed to find some way to go let her remind her that their switch was overdue. Leave and get her himself? No, too risky. Perhaps he could send a word out with one of the assistants? Maybe, if one of them wasn't already knee-deep in one of the research projects already. Which that would be very, very hard to find.

A small sigh escaped him as he set off back to the main area that had been blocked off for treatment rooms and research. He hoped there was an assistant on break he could ask a favor from.

Abominable Greenie
I'm so sorry I didn't even realize it was my turn to post. ; u ; You guys should have reminded me!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 2:37 am
Oh geez...

He'd had enough, he already spent much of his time handling a rather irritating lioness in his own warrens, he didn't need another one joining the ranks. Truth be told, he seemed to have the ability to simply attract these beings and it was becoming a bit of a problem. It was for this reason that he simply shook his head, and turned on his heel. This may have brought some disappointment to the unfortunate Xochi as he strode back towards the Justicar.

Face filled with thunder, it was clear that he wasn't in any mood to play games or jest; the male simply didn't have a sense of humour when it came to foreigners. Honestly if he had his way he probably would have blamed the Justicar's own son for this one, Tethys seemed to be gathering deliberately irritating lions to his side - or that was the story Adar was sticking to anyway!

"This, is your son's," he spoke as he motioned towards Xochi with obvious irritation. "Do me a favour and give it []back to him," he growled at Destati.

Fortunately for Xochi, Destati seemed more amused that affronted by her determination to stick to his subordinate. While he would have been slightly more irritated if they had been chasing a definite lead, this was more of an opportunity to cast the net wide just in case there was anything here. They hadn't received any information to the contrary, so the justicar wasn't going to be disappointed if they received little to no intel from this location.

"Charmed, I'm sure," Destati replied at last as he gave a nod to Xochi. "I see you've met one of my men," he added and raised a brow. "He's not the social type, as you may have noticed."

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:27 pm
She tailed the black lion the whole way, peering out from behind him to throw Destati a huge grin - clearly unperturbed or ashamed at such an introduction. It took her a moment to realise just who he meant, though, until she noticed the similarities in appearance and realised this was her idol's father.

Well...

This was a surprise.

Her jaw swung open for a moment, until she shook herself and brought herself back to full attention. How did Zili know this lion?! Blinking, she returned her gaze to Destati and bobbed her head agreeably, "it's okay, I can talk enough for two people. Isn't that right, Zili?"

"You...you do like to talk," he gave her a sheepish grin. He'd never really found it that annoying, but looking at Adar at that moment, he realised that - to some - it probably could be.

"Yes, yes," she waved a paw and took a step forward, "nice to meet you, sir!"

Zili felt himself puff up a little then. Hell yeah, he totally was friends with this badass lion. That'd earn him some points, right? Right?!

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 3:07 pm
Adar hadn't needed another sign that he could flee; the second that Xochi had turned her full attention on Destati, he had 'fled'. By the time she might have noticed he was gone he would be far beyond reach and would finally be able to investigate what he intended to in peace. He was more than happy to allow his superior to endure the chatterbox's questions and quite frankly, Destati seemed to be in a reasonable enough mood to do so.

"And to you," Destati responded and glanced briefly towards Zili. "You must be the one I have heard quite a bit about," he added after a few moments and gave a slight bob of his head. "You may call me Destati, if you were not all ready aware of who I might be," he added.

Lapsing in to silence, he momentarily glanced between the two Stormborn for a few moments as if to assess whatever might have been before him, before concluding that perhaps Zili did need to find his own paws. No sooner had this ray of sunshine shown up, than the black lion's awkwardness had returned in all its glory.

Fancy that...

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:18 am
She grinned, "You look alike - you and your son, I mean." She couldn't believe that she hadn't realised her captain's own father was here. That was something to be excited about, right? Tethys was her captain and here was the lion he had likely learnt his skills from.

She peered accusingly over at Zili for a moment, wondering what he had said. Xochi didn't doubt that the things had likely been good but she was stumped at how the pair knew one another. Why wouldn't he have mentioned this super important thing?

"Zili?" She asked, "why didn't you introduce us sooner? How do you two even know one another?"

"Uh..." the dark lion shifted somewhat uncomfortably. "He's, uh, he...he helped me. Before."

Xochi blinked. "Before...?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:23 am
"He's my apprentice," Destati stepped in smoothly to ensure that the awkwardness dissipated between the pair. "He expressed interest in our methods and sought to master them," he continued. This was, of course, skirting around the truth and there was slightly more to it than that, but Xochi didn't need to know it all. Tethys might have sent Zili to find him, but it had been Zili who tracked him down.

...No one else had told him where to go, so credit where it was due.

"He later indicated during his training that he had intentions to rejoin an individual of significant importance to him," he tilted his head to the side and smiled warmly. "We adjusted our training to accommodate the requirements of the Stormborn so that he would be successful in his endeavour," he pointed out, perhaps providing her with clarity on why Zili had the ability to beat his son, even if Xochi seemed to have very little faith in the black lion herself.

That was something that really would have to change!

"His skills aren't perfect yet, but with enough practice they certainly will be," he raised a brow as he glanced between both of the younger lions. "Perhaps this provides a little more clarity for you, yes?"

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:32 am
Xochipepe's eyes widened at that. Zili was apprenticed to Destati? The father of her captain? Well, that was pretty damned awesome. How could he not tell her this? Since when did he start having this secret other life that she knew nothing about? Were they not friends who shared all?

"I...I don't even know what to say. This is more than awesome. I can't believe you're apprenticed to him?!" She bounced on the tips of her paws, "you'll have to tell me all about this later."

"Oh, okay...sure." He'd tell her a little of it, maybe, but not all. There was a reason he had kept her in the dark about this particular part of his life. It was darker than he liked to recall and he'd wanted to spare her of that. "There'll probably be time."

"We'll make time," she assured him. Then, turning her attention back to Destati, she asked: "will you be travelling with the warband for a while, Sir?"

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:42 am
There it was, a little bit of a talking point that centered around Zili's achievements - it wasn't exactly a huge one and he might choose to be scarce on the details, but it was something that didn't specifically involve Xochi. Suddenly he was so much more intriguing to the lioness and perhaps in time, he would have other stories that would continue the trend. Maybe, in time, she would even give him a bit more credit as well.

"No," Destati replied simply and shook his head. "My men and I work autonomously and our business is largely private," he explained. Admittedly in time she would bump in to him again, it was inevitable that she would encounter him again. While she might not know it now, both Tethys and Destati were working towards the same goals... though even Tethys didn't know exactly what he'd gotten himself in to just yet.

Suffice it to say that the war band would need to be exposed to several less than pleasant events before they would truly understand.

"No disrespect is intended, but I operate on behalf of my own home, while it appears my son's conquest is largely for his adopted family," he smiled wryly and cleared his throat. "Most assuredly, for his adopted family," he amended after a moment of consideration.

"Though with that in mind I suspect it would be preferable for me to rescue two of my accomplices from my child's grasp," he nodded towards Suu'marle and Havase who had both adopted exasperated expressions at the suspicious interrogation they were receiving. "Lest he ends up with two black eyes and a bit of a headache when he finally wakes up," he pointed out as he slipped passed the pair and made his way towards the trio a short distance away.

Kimaria

Epine de Rose

Kimaria

Fuzzy Kitten

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:51 am
Private? Well...that was interesting? She stepped aside to make room for him to pass and offered him a brief farewell, watching as he made his way across to where Tethys was in conversation a short distance away. Then, after a moment of silence, she peered up at Zili - who had drawn alongside her -
and bumped her shoulder against his, playful.

"I didn't know you had friends in high places."

Zili felt himself fluster, "He's a good lion."

"And you've been keeping secrets!" Xochipepe declared, not sounding all that bothered about it, "you have to share."

Zili, finding a little more confidence gave her a small smile and said, "maybe."

Xochipepe laughed.

Epine de Rose

[IC] Dov'Strunmah Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas